Quantcast

» «
Photo

What Is The Cause Of GTA IV's Poor Performance?

4 replies to this topic
The Duke Of Nukes
  • The Duke Of Nukes

Crackhead

• Members
  • None

Posted A week ago

I've been curious as to what causes the extreme frame-rate drops in this poorly-optimized game, and I want to find out. This isn't a question of "why does my PC lag a lot while playing this game", it's a question of "which pieces of code are the cause of this poor performance". I wanted to put this in the general sub-forum for GTA IV, but since I encourage digging in the files and creating fixes, I decided to put it here. Does anyone here know about this stuff? I wish I could dig in myself, but I don't have a gaming PC as of now (I will get it eventually), and I'm somewhat of a n00b coder (as of now, I can do only relatively small changes). Once I get my gaming PC and I have bought the game, I will try to contribute as much as possible (by the way, I bought the game multiple times on different platforms, including PC, but I wasn't able to run it there, and my accounts have been deleted). Does anyone have anything to say?

The Duke Of Nukes
  • The Duke Of Nukes

Crackhead

• Members
  • None

Posted A week ago

Does anyone have anything to contribute to this? Does anyone even know which files are responsible for the optimization?

The Duke Of Nukes
  • The Duke Of Nukes

Crackhead

• Members
  • None

Posted 4 days ago

Anyone?

Jacobic_☢
  • Jacobic_☢

Still an Player Hater

• Members
  • Germany

Posted A day ago

Shadows....

(cant list more, its just because  :r*: optimized the game bad on the pc)

The Duke Of Nukes
  • The Duke Of Nukes

Crackhead

• Members
  • None

Posted A day ago

Shadows....
(cant list more, its just because  :r*: optimized the game bad on the pc)

What about them? Too high-resolution? GTA V had excellent shadows (maybe even better shadows) than GTA IV but still is better optimized. There HAS to be something else going on to make this game run like a handicapped turtle, because graphics shouldn't be the case. Unfortunately, I can't find out myself until I get my gaming PC.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users