1. A version 3 game uses V2, or V3 game saves.
2. Downgrading only allows a v2 or v3 game to Use Version One Modifications, It does NOT change the game to a version One.
3. V1.01 is the Official Patch for the Version One game, which PREVENTS Modding of the V1 game.
4. V1.01 patch is not needed for either the v2, or v3 games (it is already a part of those versions)
5. To play the other versions' game save you would need to change both the "main.scm", and the "script" files to that of the game save version. Else, Using the Wrong Game Version SAVE (of the .exe) causes the game to either Crash or start over.
There seems to be the continuing and unfortunate misunderstanding that this part (GTA San Andreas) has modding as a feature.
Take Note (as in this section forums rules) That MODDING has its OWN specialized section.
The GTA San Andreas Menu “Subforums” even lists it as: GTA Mods.
Here, again are the basic links:
WELCOME to the San Andreas forum!
<Click Here> Before you post Rules
<click here> For Modding Problems and Questions:
Modding <click here> Requests
<click here> for Mobile Modding.
Modding <click here> Showroom has already made mods.
And <click here> the GTA GARAGE Mod site
<click here> for DYOM Help & Support