мистер роз

• The Connection
  • None
  • Best Poster [Music] 2016
    Best Poster [Music] 2015
    Best Poster [Music] 2014
    Most Knowledgeable [Music] 2013
    Best Contributor [Music] 2012

Posted 2 weeks ago Edited by Mister Pink, 2 weeks ago.

Hello, I've purchased a PS4 two days ago and it worked perfectly the first two days. It still does, except that now I can't connect to PSN and play online. I've gotten.this WS-37397-3 error which, from what I understand, means that your IP has been blocked for activity that violates the PSN terms. This cannot be the case as I've only downloaded a few demos from the PS store and done nothing else. I've even connected to one of my friend's router and still didn't work, even if it's another IP address. Has anybody experienced this before and has any idea on how to fix it? PS support was not helpful at all. I've bought a PS Plus membership and I don't really care about thosd few dollars, but I really wanted to play online as I've had an XBox 360 for 5 years and only played single player games. Please let me know if you have any idea on how to fix this. Thank you so much!

I'm sorry to hear your PS4 isn't connecting online. By the sounds of it, you haven't genuinely done anything wrong. You also got it on hire purchase. I think the console could have been re-sold as new. Maybe it was refurbished but the serial number is blocked. Try return it immediately. Report it to Sony immediately. Give the error code and explain you bought it legitimately. Sony should be able to have a record of console's history based on the serial. They'll be able to track if there was other accounts associated with that console before your account was on it. If it didn't connect to PS Network on first day, then we know it was blocked before purchase. If it was blocked 2 days after, then you need to check that nobody else had access or at least ask for clarification was to why your console was banned. If it was banned from day one, you can provide your two-day old receipt as proof. 

Make sure you keep a log of all your interactions with Sony. Also notify the shop in where you bought the PS4. 

Any further discussion on this topic can be continued via PM or in the PS4 topic. 

Thanks. 

fashion
  • fashion

No More Slots

• Members
  • None

Posted 2 weeks ago

Nier Automata isn't your typical game. It's an action RPG with no usual skill system. You take role of Androids and leveling up boosts your health and attack. There are no skills but you have to smartly equip chips which can alter your gameplay. You could equip a chip that heals you automatically after some time without taking health but you'll have to sacrifice other chips to do so. Even HUD elements are chips and you can find and equip brand new HUD elements that you won't get from the start.

The gameplay can't be described simply as "jrpg" or "action game". You swing your sword/axe/other weapon, evade enemy attacks but the gameplay switches to different perspectives as you play. You have a so-called pod accompanying you, which can shoot bullets, all while you swing your sword. It's something very unique. The pod can be upgraded by itself and has a whole bunch of combat styles on it's own. The camera switches to a 2D perspective when you least expect it.
The gameplay switches to a retro-styled bullet hell game when you take control of your flying robot, sorry don't remember how they called it. These changes in perspective are what made the game so freaking good. It changes when you least expect it while the core gameplay remains the same.

Then, once you finished your first playthrough, it's far, far from over as you'll be taking control of other androids in your next run. These have unique gameplay elements on their own but I won't spoil that.

Every western game feels so boring, every year it's the same. Automata prove me that making an unique game pays off. I haven't experienced anything like it. Even if you're a very critical and negative gamer, I won't believe you if you play through the complete game and won't be AMAZED at one point or another. This game is shocking, addictive and flows perfectly.

I'd give it a 10/10.

luisniko
  • luisniko

Cyuu cyuu

• Members
  • None

Posted 2 weeks ago Edited by luisniko, 2 weeks ago.

Apparently doing those 'chip plug-in to alter your character' is common in Japanese game.

Bloodborne and Toukiden comes on the top of my mind. I don't know the official term for it, but I usually call it as 'pre-battle tactics'.

Having a fighting pet/assistant is also quite common in Japanese ARPG games apparently. lol

The only thing close to 'new' concept offered in Nier Automata is the ever-changing camera. It is still Action-JRPG btw until it officially births a new branch of video game genre. Otherwise you can categorize it as 'Top Down Side Scroller Puzzle Third Person 3D' game, if you still insist.

But there you go. That's Japanese game for you. They don't give a sh*t whether you like it or not. They try, they make it, they sell it. Even if it turns out to have a small fanbase and only in Japan alone, then they will cater to their dedicated fans.

Meanwhile, most western developers always try to play safe and gain more audience, also recognition and approval in public's eyes. This also get pushed by constant scenery of some people within the fanbase complaining that their particular game is dying soon because there's only a few broadcast on Twitch with small number of viewer, which is.... lol.... And then start acting like a smart-ass industry veteran giving advice on how the game should be 'fixed' in order to live, which is basically to make the game like another game, within the genre, that is massively approved. lol.

Talking about this, look at what Harvest Moon creator made lately. A freaking ecosystem-building simulation game with clay/dough looking 3D models. LOL. Imagine what would their audience say if this was a western game? "sh*tty graphic like PS1", "Repetitive gameplay", "Can't do anything other than building a world", "This game looks like it's for 5 year-old", "This game is supposed to be free of charge", et cetera toxic which basically means "this game shouldn't have been made/sold cuz it's unusual.".

Check "Birthdays the Beginning" out if anyone interested. I'm picking this up once the physical version is out just to support the creator of one of my favorite series.

fashion
  • fashion

No More Slots

• Members
  • None

Posted 2 weeks ago Edited by fashion, 2 weeks ago.

I'll check out what it's about. Been interested in Japaneese games since playing Yakuza 0. These games aren't afraid to be outside the box and break all kinds of logic or, as you've said it, don't try to reach for a wider audience. Yakuza 0 has terrible invincible walls and a small open world hub and it didn't stop me from playing it for over 80 hours.

The case with Nier isn't that simple. Even if it's just an action RPG. The story is told through the gameplay itself kind of. It's hard to describe what it did to me, but in the end it makes you question your existene as a human being. It's an emotional roller coaster ride (quite literatelly, at one point) with an excellent soundtrack and surprises throughout the story and side quests non-stop. It's a mindf*ck story at a level of Metal Gear, through way more personal.

Throughout the game I felt everything from sadness, despair and emptiness to just pure joy, laughter and love. The side quests are directly tied to the story told and everything gets resolved in the end. Not wanting to spoil anything, it's an experience I played empty handed, with zero knowledge about it than the demo that seemed cool and ended up with so many good memories.

The game achieved a level of deepnes to it that I've never expected. There is a whole bunch of references to philosophers in it. It's a game that's trying to tell you something if you look deep enough and a lot of people feel that way. Game's an instant classic that didn't get the attention it deserves and calling a game a "masterpiece" has never been so easy.

.. there are probably youtubers explaining it better than me :p
  • Gold-NBayse likes this

Kerimbjk
  • Kerimbjk

Hello there!

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 6 days ago

Am I the only one who can't access socialclub.rockstargames.com on his PS4 browser? I used to be able to access the website months ago, but when I try to go to the website the browser doesn't even try to load anything, it's just showing a white pag with no URL.

I can access rockstargames.com tho.

Spaghetti Cat
  • Spaghetti Cat

Big Homie

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 6 days ago

You may need flash to run the social club site.

luisniko
  • luisniko

Cyuu cyuu

• Members
  • None

Posted 6 days ago

That's true. PS4 browser is ultimately limited for Sony's own sake.

We can't even upload pictures to image hosting site. Can't even upload through email, whereas Vita could.

Kerimbjk
  • Kerimbjk

Hello there!

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 3 days ago

You may need flash to run the social club site.

Not really, that doesn't explain the fact that I could access the website months ago.
I also turned Chrome's flash plug-in off on my laptop and I was still able to visit every page.

This site even shows that SocialClub isn't using Flash: https://seositecheck...ckstargames.com

Anyway, it would be nice if someone could check whether they can access the website or not.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users