Quantcast

» «
Photo

How should combat be handled in Red dead Redemption 2?

20 replies to this topic
Dee.
  • Dee.

GTAV= Style over substance

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 05 May 2017 - 09:29 AM

Me, along with others, were greatly disappointed by GTAVs extremely basic combat. And I think there needs to be a complete over haul.

I think the primary targeting mode for RDR2 should be a revamped version of 'Free-Aim Assisted'

VmxEXv.gif

*Credit goes to colt45hero on YT for the gif.

They should make it so that aiming is assisted slightly as you press L2, and then it goes fully to free aim right after.

As soon as your reticle hovers over an enemy, there will be a slight magnetic pull towards them (Like in The Last Of Us)

This will introduce more tactility and difficulty to the combat so that it isnt a game of who rolls first.

What do you guys think? 

• Neon_Dreaming, gtaoplayer, Holland_Hicks and 1 other like this

ClaudeSpeed1911
  • ClaudeSpeed1911

J.E.C.

• Members
  • Palestine

Posted 05 May 2017 - 09:33 AM Edited by ClaudeSpeed1911, 05 May 2017 - 09:33 AM.

If its Single Player you are talking about then keep it like Redemption 1 but add your suggestion.

Dee.
  • Dee.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 05 May 2017 - 09:34 AM

Also, bring back crouching ffs

• BurnettVice and gtaoplayer like this

Jason
  • Jason

Sporadic

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 05 May 2017 - 12:14 PM

That free aim suggestion is fair, RDR auto aim lobbies were basically hold left trigger, pull up a tiny bit on the camera and ping away for easy headshots. It was crazy easy to land kills with the Buffalo rifle cause of it. GTA V was a big leap forward for GTA combat, but I wish they could just get closer to Max Payne 3's. Open world games are different from third person shooters ofc, but Max Payne 3 felt good while GTA V combat still feels clunky as f*ck.

But mainly I just hope they keep hand to hand combat not killing you from RDR1. Loved the knockout system it had, it made brawls a ton of fun.

• Noclue_42 and Dee. like this

Noclue_42
  • Noclue_42

How much for the ape?!

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 05 May 2017 - 02:15 PM

put RDR and MP3 in a pot, mix 'em up, and you ought to get some very very satisfactory combat movement/gunplay mechanics. MP3 is R*'s best game in that field, followed by RDR. these 2 should get a room, make love and have babies. and then name the first-born RDR2!

• anthony, BurnettVice and Dee. like this

Dee.
  • Dee.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 05 May 2017 - 04:22 PM

That free aim suggestion is fair, RDR auto aim lobbies were basically hold left trigger, pull up a tiny bit on the camera and ping away for easy headshots. It was crazy easy to land kills with the Buffalo rifle cause of it. GTA V was a big leap forward for GTA combat, but I wish they could just get closer to Max Payne 3's. Open world games are different from third person shooters ofc, but Max Payne 3 felt good while GTA V combat still feels clunky as f*ck.

But mainly I just hope they keep hand to hand combat not killing you from RDR1. Loved the knockout system it had, it made brawls a ton of fun.

that too. i hope it returns

Dee.
  • Dee.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 05 May 2017 - 08:11 PM

Max Payne 3's mechanics were really something... hopefully R* gets inspired by it when creating the combat for RDR2.

• Payne Killer and TyroneSlothrop like this

volta2001
  • volta2001

drunk

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 05 May 2017 - 11:20 PM

I'd like the option of different settings for on foot vs horseback. It's tough getting those guys on horse sometimes, without dead eye.
  • BurnettVice likes this

DoomsdayFAN
  • DoomsdayFAN

ICE

• Members
  • Iceland

Posted 06 May 2017 - 12:37 PM

I want aiming to be fully auto like it was in GTA SA, where you would lock in on a target, start shooting, and then all you gotta do is flick the left or right stick and it automatically locks on to the nearest next badguy. And then you can do it over and over until they're all dead. I loved that. I could take out entire gangs of like 30 people doing that. That's since become much harder since the controls don't really work like that anymore. 

Dee.
  • Dee.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 07 May 2017 - 07:46 AM

I want aiming to be fully auto like it was in GTA SA, where you would lock in on a target, start shooting, and then all you gotta do is flick the left or right stick and it automatically locks on to the nearest next badguy. And then you can do it over and over until they're all dead. I loved that. I could take out entire gangs of like 30 people doing that. That's since become much harder since the controls don't really work like that anymore. 

that sounds horrible and would be a huge stepback from RDR. Its a new era and simply just pressing L2 and shooting isnt fun

• Payne Killer likes this

assCRACK_98
  • assCRACK_98

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 May 2017 - 08:14 AM

that sounds horrible and would be a huge stepback from RDR. Its a new era and simply just pressing L2 and shooting isnt fun

You can still do this with V and IV. Set your aiming to full assisted and use the left stick to flick between targets.

Jason
  • Jason

Sporadic

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 07 May 2017 - 10:29 AM

No harm in something like that being a thing in single player, but multiplayer at a minimum should have as little auto aim as possible, with the option of full free aim.

Dee.
  • Dee.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 07 May 2017 - 01:43 PM

No harm in something like that being a thing in single player, but multiplayer at a minimum should have as little auto aim as possible, with the option of full free aim.

yeah i agree. Also, w need friendly, normal, and hardcore sessions back. And no more passive mode 

• gtaoplayer likes this

Noclue_42
  • Noclue_42

How much for the ape?!

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 07 May 2017 - 07:31 PM Edited by Noclue_42, 07 May 2017 - 08:23 PM.

here, almost 5 years ago. already tried to combine the western vibe with MP3. look at that beautiful movement, down the roof, then flip around on the ground, GAT-DAMN it was a blast! that gunplay is unmatched to this day. MP3 is certainly one of the most underrated games of all time

btw  I don't mean to advertise, not active with all that clicks and tweets and subscription whatever, just check out some more clips if you like, 90 % MP3 online sessions, and a handful of breaking bad shenanigans. great channel really, never did anything else with it, just to upload clips of hackers and tell R* about it :D

ooooh THAT kill when we both almost simultaneously shootdodge, and shoot, and turn around, and bullets fly everywhere. daaaamn son, just, WOOOOOW

oh, that melee action was intense too.THAT HAD TO BE DONE!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R18SP5IWT5o

• ClaudeSpeed1911, BurnettVice and Neon_Dreaming like this

BurnettVice
  • BurnettVice

Rat

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 May 2017 - 01:39 AM

A mix between MP3 and RDR would be best thing ever :lol: Maybe its just me but I didn't really like how after you ko someone they get rid back up. It would cool if we have more options when comes to hand to hand. Like putting someone headlock and choking them out or knee them in the face.

Neon_Dreaming
  • Neon_Dreaming

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 May 2017 - 12:07 PM

The Max Payne multiplayer looks like a lot of fun, pity the servers were closed before I got the game, would have liked to experience it. Shooting which requires some skill would be ideal, none of this L2, roll, R2, bang. The player should be rewarded for skill, precision, tactics, and timing. What the op suggested would be ideal imo. 

Enchilada
  • Enchilada

Prankster

• Members

Posted 11 May 2017 - 05:39 AM

RDR part 2 should remain the same but revamped. if not, then it will be a new combat style like every r* title has. I just hope they retire the passive mode and crossing auto and free aim in multiplayer free roam, especially on hardcore (if such a thing).

DexPac
  • DexPac

Snitch

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 May 2017 - 06:26 AM

I'd like for them to upgrade the enemy AI more than anything. The whole enemies always knowing exactly where you are at all times thing is pretty outdated.
  • Dee. and Juan marstoon like this

Versous
  • Versous

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 11 May 2017 - 08:01 PM Edited by Versous, 11 May 2017 - 08:06 PM.

lol combat probably set in stone by now. If its delayed it will be to polish the existing graphics and get the most out of current gen

should be like RDR but better.

The Max Payne multiplayer looks like a lot of fun, pity the servers were closed before I got the game, would have liked to experience it. Shooting which requires some skill would be ideal, none of this L2, roll, R2, bang. The player should be rewarded for skill, precision, tactics, and timing. What the op suggested would be ideal imo.

did you hunt in RDR? you got rewarded for all the things you mentioned when you went after animals that are tricky to hit Like birds.

tonko
  • tonko

sgt. Handsome

• Members
  • Croatia

Posted 12 May 2017 - 08:42 AM Edited by tonko, 12 May 2017 - 08:42 AM.

Just not the way it was handled in GTA 5. I would like the same style from RDR 1.

anthony
  • anthony

Everyone in Liberty sells their soul to the devil.

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 May 2017 - 08:55 AM

Mix MP3, RDR and F.E.A.R.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users