Heists: What do you do on the job?

79 replies to this topic
Rockstar_Fanboy
  • Rockstar_Fanboy

Homeboy

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 2 weeks ago

Whatever position the host assigns to me.  Not every idea that pops into your head needs to be thread.

KWF1981
  • KWF1981

Homie

• Members
  • England

Posted 2 weeks ago

@ Rockstar_Fanboy...

Chillout man, just like to talk GTA and know heists are a topic of conversation, long before this event...

Some have an imagination, some roleplay, some are direct, like your approach, all is good... Just thought It'd be good to see the different creative things some like to do on repeat a play through in order to make things more entertaining... To limit yourself on things is silly in a sandbox game, much of GTA's appeal is just this, the ability to be creative within this world...

I accept that heists are contentious, many have only bad experiences with these, and this thread has some attesting to that, I had many bad experiences too, but many do these regularly, many absolutely ripped the sh*t out of them and really got good, and never see these issues by working together, discussing these things, like here, to compare fun things or tactics to clarify bugs is no bad thing...

I felt a comment on another thread to start these discussions would easily be missed...

• Pedinhuh and Rockstar_Fanboy like this

Elektra
  • Elektra

Thug

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 2 weeks ago

I just play it by ear, I don't care if we fail I like the laughs.
  • -LN-, Amy Vinewood and Happy Hunter like this

IceDree
  • IceDree

Concierge Of Crime 💀

• Members
  • Saudi-Arabia

Posted 2 weeks ago

Agreed, & I dont doubt you. But im sure they think they are just as prepared & capable as you.. This is why playing with randoms is a mug's game. Find players through the forums, communicate with mic. Otherwise you only have yourself to blame, for your own lack of preparation in that respect.. not them.

Yep Yep, that's why we have to communicate with them, explain things & show em the ropes of the business ... Unfortunately, not everyone wants to play ball which makes things frustrating.
  • FaultyDroid likes this

ash-274
  • ash-274

Guru of the Gang Cars and Special items

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 2 weeks ago

This morning I accepted a invite to Vans and was put on the Drivers team.  The Navigators knew exactly what they were doing, so I just drove to Lester's and waited.

In nearly any other scenario that would be a total d*** move, but I couldn't photograph or find the vans, stealing the correct van is best done low-key to not get a wanted level, and driving around aimlessly only would increase the chance I'd zip through an intersection and collide with a van by accident and failing the mission.

Since I've "solo'ed" Vans enough times in the past for other players I figured it was worthy of a break for easy money.

The other players didn't fuss about it and I carried my share (or a little more) on the other setup missions and the finale, so it's all good.

Roughly $750,000 for about an hour's effort was nice and I finally got to see the new (to me) "helicopter method" to get from the bikes to the boat.

• DentureDynamite and KWF1981 like this

Rafae
  • Rafae

GTAF Crew

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 2 weeks ago Edited by Rafae, 2 weeks ago.

This morning I accepted a invite to Vans and was put on the Drivers team.  The Navigators knew exactly what they were doing, so I just drove to Lester's and waited.

In nearly any other scenario that would be a total d*** move, but I couldn't photograph or find the vans, stealing the correct van is best done low-key to not get a wanted level, and driving around aimlessly only would increase the chance I'd zip through an intersection and collide with a van by accident and failing the mission.

Since I've "solo'ed" Vans enough times in the past for other players I figured it was worthy of a break for easy money.

The other players didn't fuss about it and I carried my share (or a little more) on the other setup missions and the finale, so it's all good.

Roughly $750,000 for about an hour's effort was nice and I finally got to see the new (to me) "helicopter method" to get from the bikes to the boat.

If the navigators don't get in the drivers' cars like they're supposed to, then wtf are the drivers left to do anyway? They're literally asking for them to take a break if they just want to photograph the vans themselves

• ash-274 and KWF1981 like this

ash-274
  • ash-274

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 2 weeks ago Edited by ash-274, 2 weeks ago.

If the navigators don't get in the drivers' cars like they're supposed to, then wtf are the drivers left to do anyway? They're literally asking for them to take a break if they just want to photograph the vans themselves

Exactly.  I don't use a mic and play with the sound off, so I can't hear a navigator or direct a driver and no one uses that left/right arrow system (plus it can have buggy delays, making it useless), so I'll take one good "navi-driver" over 3 play-by-the-script players any day, even if I'm the navi-driver!

• DentureDynamite and KWF1981 like this

Rafae
  • Rafae

GTAF Crew

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 2 weeks ago

I don't play with a mic either but I don't think anyone really uses their voice to guide the driver, the arrows usually seem to get the job done well.. in my case at least
  • KWF1981 likes this

Darth Absentis
  • Darth Absentis

Lord of Edges(i guess)

• Members
  • Belgium

Posted 2 weeks ago

I don't play with a mic either but I don't think anyone really uses their voice to guide the driver, the arrows usually seem to get the job done well.. in my case at least

For me if i am the driver that just means i will go iddle and take a pee maybe...

I generally prefer to be the navigator though, because "bati 801"

• Rafae and KWF1981 like this

KWF1981
  • KWF1981

Homie

• Members
  • England

Posted 2 weeks ago

Yeah, I like to take photos of the vans, but as said, if the 2 that are navigators do shoot off I tend to pick a part of the city and walk about, reading signs and the like until the 4th pic is about to be taken...

As rafae said, there's just nothing to do, other than keep it chilled and no cause issues...

I gotta admit, of the random stuff I've done this week, I'm more keen on tell others than ask, as I'd like the jobs done, and with respect, this is a time for real heister to shine, a lot just want them done and are willing to just do as asked... It's awesome...

I'll go back to teaching next week, atm, strictly business...

gtaoplayer
  • gtaoplayer

*gh0st*

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 2 weeks ago

I pull its hair... make it my bitch.. and wait for the money shot.

Spoiler
  • Tonguegirl likes this

Sentinel Driver
  • Sentinel Driver

Mendoza has been f*cking hit!!

• Members
  • Finland

Posted A week ago

I try to do everything before the dumbass randoms manage to get themselves killed

• DentureDynamite likes this

unicornace
  • unicornace

Sheet to win

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted A week ago

Everything that can be solo'd I ask the team to go to their appartments. For instance in Signal you can solo the island then when you hit the shack your team all spawn on the island. It rarely works as there's almost always a Rambo

DentureDynamite
  • DentureDynamite

GTAO PC

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A week ago

Give me three sincere players as part of the team, and I'm happy to do whatever is needed to complete the heist successfully.

But if there's a unique, creative method involved, I consider that a big plus. :)

• Cutter De Blanc likes this

GTAUrbanCamping
  • GTAUrbanCamping

Urban Camper

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A week ago

Ill do anything except pilot.

BlackMilk
  • BlackMilk

A Forgettable Killer

• Members
  • Netherlands
  • Contribution Award [GTA Online]

Posted A week ago

Exactly.  I don't use a mic and play with the sound off, so I can't hear a navigator or direct a driver and no one uses that left/right arrow system (plus it can have buggy delays, making it useless), so I'll take one good "navi-driver" over 3 play-by-the-script players any day, even if I'm the navi-driver!

Actually I have gotten grouped up with players that did use the d-pad buttons to tell me where to go. This was when heists were still new, though. Early on I welcomed the help, at least once or twice. Didn't know exactly where the vans where or that the locations were always the same. A bit silly seeing how there's not really much (or any?) randomisation in all the other heist missions.

One time before I learned the locations I had a guy who didn't really understood how the system worked. Or had never received directions while driving in GTA:O. Just like in real life, if you have someone navigating for you, they can't just tell you to (for example) take a right when you're already crossing the intersection you should have gone right on. Traffic laws may matter very little in GTA since we can do whatever we want without consequences but since we tend not to drive slowly, it does NOT help if the navigator doesn't indicate a turn until the actual moment where you should be turning. Because, you know, slowing down has to happen in most cases.

And the fun result of that is them telling you to turn around, but too many times which is confusing too because you think maybe the blip has moved and they're giving you a new route. And then they keep making the same mistake, which doesn't help you to find the van.

The other time I remember someone was actually helpful. Gave me the directions on time. If I had to take the second road on my right, he'd indicate right after we passed the first one. When in doubt, he'd blink forward a couple of times. Got them quickly that way.

But then you get to a point where you remember all the locations. Navigator gets in your car. You choose your own route to get to a van. They start blinking the arrows for all directions frantically, probably signalling you to stop the car and/or start following their directions because surely you must not know what you're doing. Then they jump out of your vehicle at high speed and damn nearly get themselves killed slamming into a wall.

Pah. The Vans mission is one of the few where I'm more than okay with the other players just sitting back and doing nothing. Just let me and the other navigator do it. Or let me do it alone so at the very least (while it takes a little longer than with a full team ofcourse) I won't waste the time of having to suffer a failure and restarting or finding a different group. Just let me do all the vans alone so I can collect my money and go. I volunteered to solo it during my last CMMC run so the others could take a quick break and that was fine too.

• KWF1981 likes this

KWF1981
  • KWF1981

Homie

• Members
  • England

Posted A week ago

@BlackMilk... I remember that naïve, lost feeling of frustration very well, from before I'd learnt the locations of those vans very much... Looking back, it was a fun adventure, sure, it did really get annoying with 4 players not in sync with the job what-so-ever... But it was a good spell to look back on, same with many jobs, after you've had a few runs with reliable players, and learnt the kinks, it's quite often I look back and smile fondly at how much it took from me to learn certain things, and how daft some of my fails were on some things...

• BlackMilk likes this

ash-274
  • ash-274

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A week ago Edited by ash-274, A week ago.

Ill do anything except pilot.

Which one?

• PB-Plane
  • PB-Finale (Buzzard or plane pilot)
  • HL-Valkyrie
  • HL-Finale
  • SA-Coke
  • PS-Signal (an "alternative" method to what's scripted)
  • PS-Finale (a new "alternative" method to what's scripted)

I don't mind any of those, except Coke's pilot job.  Flying and landing isn't bad, but the passenger HAS to know how to shoot before arrival.  I like being the pilot because I'm among the 1% that knows how to hold it steady and keep a gunner's prospective where they can inflict the most damage, because it's frustrating as **** when I'm the gunner and the pilot doesn't know that!

• Tonguegirl likes this

Tonguegirl
  • Tonguegirl

Experienced Finger Cuff

• Members
  • Wales

Posted 6 days ago

I don't play with a regular team, only with Randoms.(Yes, I know, I think it's a birth defect or something), so my opportunities for going 'off-script' are limited. I do have my preferred roles (piloting or Rambo) but I don't care as long as other players are at least competent and the host pays attention to other players stats' in the Finale instead of assigning jobs at random.

The thing I've been doing lately is playing in first person, which does give some respite from the sense of grinding that comes with over-playing heists. I tend to go full Rambo in heists especially if 'Player Outfits' are on and I have added vest security so using sniper rifles (especially the Marksman) instead of automatic weapons, is becoming more common for me.

Rashkovskys Shiv
  • Rashkovskys Shiv

Trick

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 5 days ago

I sit back and give unsolicited advice to other players which sometimes goes different ways;

(a)They appreciate it and we get it done clean,they send me friend requests and niceties are exchanged.

(b)They ignore me and fail woefully,get salty and fling insults my way for trying to change their tactics to better their success rate.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users