Heists: What do you do on the job?

79 replies to this topic
The Sole Survivor
  • The Sole Survivor

of vault 111

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 06 May 2017 - 01:21 PM

blow up armoured kurumas at the start because they're boring then decide pve is sh*t in this game

Nihilist.
  • Nihilist.

Highway Star

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 06 May 2017 - 01:54 PM

With absolute honesty, I've been accepting literally every single invitation to Deliver EMP mission for quite a while in the past. I hate it as much as anyone else, but wanted to understand it, memorize where enemies are and how they act, how and why people fail it, and generally, become better at doing it solo, just in case I'm the only one who could do it. I killed some brain cells in the process, but also learned to be more patient and understanding towards people who fail something.

I have my limits, though - when someone constantly fails and never learns nor listens to mine, or someone else's instructions/advices, I'll quit. I remember I joined Prison Break's finale - it's a hit or miss, because while I love the heist itself, usually it's full of low level beginners who have no idea what to do. Anyways, I told the pilot to wait on the airport 'til 2:30 on his timer, he didn't and obviously was shot down by a Lazer. Retry, I told him to stay on the airport, he didn't, so I told him to fly behind the darn jet if he doesn't want to wait. Of course he didn't, and once more was shot down. I've lost my patience and wrote if he fails the heist the same way as before, I quit. Can't play with people who can't listen to simple instructions. It's not even about the language barrier - after all, if you play GTA, you should know what "fly", "behind" and "jet" mean. Come on, it's not XX century, you can quickly translate something on your smartphone, tablet, anything. I perfectly understand if someone doesn't know how to form complete sentences, and has very limited vocabulary, but there's a subtle difference between that and simple laziness. I've met players from literally all around the world while playing heists, and as long as both sides want to communicate, they will, one way or another, despite their language skills.

Yeah, as you can imagine, I quit after this guy was shot down by a Lazer once again, same way as earlier.

I've witnessed more similar situations, but you get my point, I hope. I'm fine with taking several attempts to complete something, and always share a tip to avoid the same outcome if something comes to my mind, but come on, you seriously want to question Einstein's definition of insanity in practice?

As for the trash truck mission, it's not as difficult as people say, but it can turn out miserably without proper organization. Obviously less experienced players should be collectors, and drivers take all the heavy lifting. As long as the truck is parked as close to the trash bags as possible (and it is possible at all four locations), and collectors jump off only after the driver stops and honks to signalize it, it shouldn't be too hard. Sure, it's still one of the more frustrating missions, but simple text instructions shared at the beginning can help a lot. This and blowing up the gas station before approaching it.

Also, one thing i forgot to mention in my previous post - when I join a heist where I don't know all three players, I switch to passive mode first. Randoms often act like rabid animals the moment we respawn together, and kill each other like maniacs, not mentioning other freeroam warriors shooting at their backs, so the best thing you can do is to ignore them and laugh at their silly little wars. Can't count how many times I've seen my heist mates getting killed this way, while yours truly was just standing there, fabulous and immune to gunfire  :lol:

• KWF1981 and Gtapizzadouche14 like this

LavyDunois
  • LavyDunois

Player Hater

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 06 May 2017 - 02:58 PM Edited by LavyDunois, 06 May 2017 - 03:25 PM.

I just follow and see what happens. When someone asks if there are any tricks for a heist i explain who should do what and i dont mind carrying the group as i enjoy doing it.

Had a great heist yesterday where they asked me for tips and tricks for PS. Carried the group, thought them how to do it and we did it in 1 shot with only 34k lost on hard. Not many random groups out there that can pull that off.
  • KWF1981 likes this

Jimbatron
  • Jimbatron

Big Homie

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 06 May 2017 - 03:13 PM

Depends who I end up playing with.

If I join a group of randoms, and it appears they are novices, I will attempt to take charge and lead. Especially if it's something like Deliver EMP.

If I join a host who seems to know what they're doing I'm normally happy to play it their way (providing that's not totally going to fail). They paid they setup fee, they determine my cut in the finale.

If it's with a regular group of friends we can just get on with it without even having to think much.

• KWF1981 and Gtapizzadouche14 like this

KWF1981
  • KWF1981

Soldier

• Members
  • England

Posted 06 May 2017 - 05:59 PM

@ Jimbatron... Yeah man, heisting with friends or good random players that know what their doing are great to run with, then you get a full chance to learn the jobs throughout, see what's going on, It's awesome too when you do get a player passing on any tips in job, very cool to join a random group and be spoken to like a human too...

@ Nihilist... Absolutely, 100% to go onto passive beforehand, it's amazing how many times I've helped someone and got shot after, not against PvP, by all means, challenge away, but a sucker punch during runs is very tedious IMO... Usually younger players.

Much like when I take passengers in any vehicle, some just have to shoot anything, then wonder why, say on Prison Break - Cargo Ship, not only NPC's spawning, then you get cops and crazy pedestrians... Soon goes south at times... Though I use the rail tracks anytime I cannot trust the co-driver...

@ IceDree... I agree, sometimes I shoot ahead on jobs, mood depending, of course, but I'm confident and know what's there, but many times it can go the other way and a dopey player gets there and dies, rarely, but occasionally I have too... It happens, unfortunately, and I tend to give the benefit of the doubt, unless it's clear a plank got through... :(

• Jimbatron likes this

IceDree
  • IceDree

Concierge Of Crime 💀

• Members
  • Saudi-Arabia

Posted 06 May 2017 - 06:19 PM

@ IceDree... I agree, sometimes I shoot ahead on jobs, mood depending, of course, but I'm confident and know what's there, but many times it can go the other way and a dopey player gets there and dies, rarely, but occasionally I have too... It happens, unfortunately, and I tend to give the benefit of the doubt, unless it's clear a plank got through... :(

Oh absolutely. Accidents & mishaps happen... Its out of our control.

I wish Heists & Lamar missions didn't have the stupid x-numbers of players mandate & the if one dies\leaves, its over.
  • KWF1981 likes this

TheHolyNZF
  • TheHolyNZF

Thug

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 06 May 2017 - 06:22 PM Edited by TheHolyNZF, 06 May 2017 - 06:23 PM.

The one job I'll never ever ever touch again, is the Station set up ... f*ck that sh*t.

btw how do you do it the parachute way?

KWF1981
  • KWF1981

Soldier

• Members
  • England

Posted 06 May 2017 - 07:50 PM

@ TheholyNZF... When you arrive by the docks near the ship the Casco is on, the first crane (to the left of the boat if you look from the road side on) and climb that, when I get up the first tiny ladder, and the 2nd larger ladder, I kill the 2 guys next to the container the car is in, then up the 3rd ladder, there's 1 parachute up there on that job too... As soon as jumped, spam the button to open the 'chute... Bingo...

• Rafae and TheHolyNZF like this

IceDree
  • IceDree

Concierge Of Crime 💀

• Members
  • Saudi-Arabia

Posted 06 May 2017 - 08:06 PM

The one job I'll never ever ever touch again, is the Station set up ... f*ck that sh*t.

btw how do you do it the parachute way?

I never did the Casco part. I always got the police station part.

Check out KWF1981's post

@ TheholyNZF... When you arrive by the docks near the ship the Casco is on, the first crane (to the left of the boat if you look from the road side on) and climb that, when I get up the first tiny ladder, and the 2nd larger ladder, I kill the 2 guys next to the container the car is in, then up the 3rd ladder, there's 1 parachute up there on that job too... As soon as jumped, spam the button to open the 'chute... Bingo...

• KWF1981 likes this

Rafae
  • Rafae

OG

• GTAF Crew
  • None

Posted 06 May 2017 - 08:10 PM

Yeah, doing Station without using the parachute is much more time consuming and risky

You can just parachute right onto the container where the car is, shoot two guys and grab the car that's it
  • KWF1981 and TheHolyNZF like this

Rashkovskys Shiv
  • Rashkovskys Shiv

Prankster

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 May 2017 - 08:29 PM

I have never done a Lamar mission because of noobs dying or leaving.Lulz
😁

TheHolyNZF
  • TheHolyNZF

Thug

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 06 May 2017 - 08:55 PM

Yeah, doing Station without using the parachute is much more time consuming and risky

You can just parachute right onto the container where the car is, shoot two guys and grab the car that's it

Thanks. However, I consider the non-parachute way easier especially with noobs. Might try the parachuting someday too.
  • KWF1981 likes this

Mrs. Buzz
  • Mrs. Buzz

Formerly godtrams | forever helisexual ;)

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 06 May 2017 - 11:10 PM

<snip>

Of course, sometimes it is a language barrier, that's just unfortunate when both me and them are trying, just can't understand a thing... I try me best but sometimes it's best for both to leave if the issues become too much..

<snip>

I couldn't agree more tbh. language barrier is the trigger which forced me to either leave or clearly demand to listen (at least I try to). Otherwise it's a charme, tbh. I can't undersand this "ongoing" hate about random heists here on the forum, might be a platform issue - idk. Over 80% my experience(PC) with random heists is more than positive (on PC here and playing CET+ just to be clear).

"With a team" - you're right. Just want to point out, that my 1st CM-run was done with randoms I've met in heists and freelobby. Maybe! I'm an exception but more likely it's a fact that most are unwilling to wait/look/understand and/or open theirself about what's happening and they're just "straight" on their own view. I experience that a lot. Self promotionals at its best - "king of all" and whatever. Same guys you'll meet griefing a whole lobby. I call them my "little bunnies" - but I digress.... :colgate:

• KWF1981 likes this

PkUnzipper
  • PkUnzipper

Soldier

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 May 2017 - 01:03 AM

I try to test out new things like

1. Play Pacific on extra hard difficulty. Murder all the hostages to trigger SWAT. Then blowing up the bikes and taking the SWAT van and driving extra slow to the boat point. Bring as much SWAT and heat to the boat point and have a death match show down at the boat. The winning team (players vs NPC) take the spoils. Goal is to protect the 1 money bag carrier from losing less than 100GTA$

2. Try different Pegasus personal vehicles to escape for Pacific finale and rescue Avi mission. Like using my Hydra, Dodo, Velum or Mini Sub. Been wanting to escape using the Dodo by taking off from the river for the longest while now. Haven't gotten around to testing this since so many f*ckhead randoms lack the competency to do heists  :facedesk:

3. use under powered weapons like automatic rifle, shotgun, pistol, SMG etc. to do setup missions where the NPCs swarm you with superior fire power. Like the Prison Break setup mission where you steal the Velum. Fighting the Vagos with pistols and melee weapons can be quite a strategic & tactical challenge. My PC once crept up on a Vargos and beat his pixelated ass to death with a baseball bat  :lol:  He dropped 3 more this way before they turned his lvl 195 ass into Swiss Cheese.  But you need all your food and armor reserve slots maxed out before attempting that suicidal achievement though. And it was most satisfactory to see his kamakaze attack bought the pilot time to steal the plane in under 5 mins of getting to the air strip. That had been our team heist goal before starting that setup mission.

Nihilist.
  • Nihilist.

Highway Star

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 07 May 2017 - 06:09 AM

I'm not a fan of this method, personally. It's faster than clearing the main deck and then running upstairs, and getting rid of last 3 or so enemies, but it's a pretty easy way to die. While playing with randoms, I prefer to ask team Casco how they want to do it - to either prepare myself for their possible failure (which is pretty common), or to explain them how to do it slower, yet with smaller chance of dying "just like that". Obviously, it's also a big "no no" when it comes to Criminal Mastermind.

Overall, this mission definitely has a grim reputation, and randoms more ofthen than not can't handle it. Whether it's parachuting, fighting their way to the Casco container the conventional way, surviving the cop chase, or sometimes even triggering it in the first place (yeah), they just fail like crazy.

• KWF1981 likes this

Rashkovskys Shiv
  • Rashkovskys Shiv

Prankster

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 07 May 2017 - 06:22 AM

I'm not a fan of this method, personally. It's faster than clearing the main deck and then running upstairs, and getting rid of last 3 or so enemies, but it's a pretty easy way to die. While playing with randoms, I prefer to ask team Casco how they want to do it - to either prepare myself for their possible failure (which is pretty common), or to explain them how to do it slower, yet with smaller chance of dying "just like that". Obviously, it's also a big "no no" when it comes to Criminal Mastermind.
Overall, this mission definitely has a grim reputation, and randoms more ofthen than not can't handle it. Whether it's parachuting, fighting their way to the Casco container the conventional way, surviving the cop chase, or sometimes even triggering it in the first place (yeah), they just fail like crazy.
Agreed,I hate parachuting and have died from it not opening in time more than once,I just kill all the bad guys on the ship then get the Casco,then drive on the railway tracks all the way to about half mile to the drop off point the get on the highway.
Cops team is easy too, just lose the cops by driving into the tunnel right by Alta Street.
Prison beak heist is straight Kryptonite for noobs.
  • KWF1981 likes this

KWF1981
  • KWF1981

Soldier

• Members
  • England

Posted 07 May 2017 - 07:03 AM Edited by KWF1981, 07 May 2017 - 07:09 AM.

TL:DR... Great stuff guys, this is my idea, gets some of the methods out there again, If this can help people, I'll be very pleased... Patience, the tunnel, shortcuts that are key little things many new heister should learn, IMO...

I agree with all saying the parachute method isn't for noobs, and anyone new to trying it must be prepared for failure 1st time or 2 for sure, it's a very direct quick jump, and inexperience will hamper it, but anyone good with parachutes and know where they're going should have no issues. It's usually only something I'd do with friends, we'll race there, 1st up gets the car, makes it fun too...

I didn't use it on my CMM run as I was unaware, like godtrams above, I gathered 3 high level randoms over that week, by texting those that showed class on the random heists I joined, once me and 3 got together, it genuinely was pretty much A to B, collect the cash...

We had 2 instances where something caused us to breath deep, the pilot of H. Labs was a little dopey, but we blew the chopper midway, after the team got in the Valkyrie after the swim,, jump out if it's taken any hits, blow it then restart the mission, of course, stand clear, lol...

And on EMP, I wasn't anyway near as good in a jet as I am now, I got a rocket catch me, but I just bailed and the team was all good so no real issues, just a 'squeaky bum moment'...

I fully agree that walking around the ship killing all is quite easy too, the bandits are quite accurate but not the strongest on the heists, just like the prison finale itself, patience in pressing forward is key, especially for low ranks, but we've all seen that level 17 steam off trying to step up, only to get caught...

IMO, the Casco job goes well until the drive up, so often, on most jobs, the times I'm pulled out of a car or van by the lower rank that wants to drive, only for them to not heed advice, shooting like crazy too, well, you can see those fails coming... I try to keep patient, but some just ask for their struggles at times...

One thing I do, as the tunnel got mentioned, any very new player I speak with, if they don't know it, so many didn't do story, just don't know, I always take them to the freeway entrance and get them to add a Point of Interest on their map, explaining the drop off the bridges near by, it help them play safe, and adds confidence too...

@ PkUnzipper... I may be wrong as I've never considered it, always thought we couldn't... Call Pegasus on Pac. Standard???

I've researched heists well, played that finale so many times, not once, ever has someone called, or even suggested Pegasus. Never seen it recommended on anything I've read... Will check, of course, but I feel that is not possible.

Also, IMO, the swat van is the easy method to take newer players at low ranks through, bikes with swat, now you're talking!!!... Lol... But fully with ya on using weaker/different weapons on jobs...

TheHolyNZF
  • TheHolyNZF

Thug

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 07 May 2017 - 10:53 AM

2. Try different Pegasus personal vehicles to escape for Pacific finale and rescue Avi mission. Like using my Hydra, Dodo, Velum or Mini Sub. Been wanting to escape using the Dodo by taking off from the river for the longest while now. Haven't gotten around to testing this since so many f*ckhead randoms lack the competency to do heists  :facedesk:

How do you summon them in the Finale?

• KWF1981 likes this

BlackMilk
  • BlackMilk

A Forgettable Killer

• Members
  • Netherlands
  • Contribution Award [GTA Online]

Posted 07 May 2017 - 06:55 PM Edited by BlackMilk, 07 May 2017 - 06:56 PM.

EDIT: This turned out much longer than I thought it would be. Skip to near the end of the post if you just want the bullet points and not the stories and opinions.

The one thing I do more than anything else in heist runs is hope that the other players don't fail the mission or die.

I've played the heists enough to know fairly well what I can do in each mission to succeed.Despite my experience and several decent CMM challenge runs (from right after heists were added to more recently) I'm sure that there's several tactics I'm completely unaware of. There's a few missions where it wouldn't hurt for me to learn more about survival strategies (playing the Series A set up missions with random players can be frustrating especially) but most of the other missions are either very easy or I already have a decent method for and I don't need to learn new tactics. But if someone communicates a plan to me that I am unfamiliar with but sounds good, I'll follow and try it out without making a fuss about sticking to my routine. No problem.

I believe I have said multiple times on this forum something that I cannot stress enough: I know for a fact I'm not one of the best GTA:O players and I will never make that claim. Not unless I'm joking anyway. But me not being among the best unfortunately doesn't mean that a lot of other players find themselves far below even my level of competence.

Granted, there are some things that new heist runners cannot know if they never read a guide or watched other people play the heists. Random example: I found that as the Technical gunner I was shot at very little in the Series A set up (and maybe also the finale) while the driver received more fire. Without knowing that, common sense would dictate that the vulnerable player with a lower rank and less armour/health would be INSIDE the vehicle in order to be less exposed to gunfire. Turns out that's not the best idea.

But more often than not simple common sense seems to be lacking. I genuinely don't mind if you don't want to do a mission my way, but at least do it some way that's not extra difficult or risky. There's no need to crash into the vans on the first Pacific Standard set up mission, they're not racing around the city trying to get away from you. On Convoy, it's fine if you don't want to wait around to kill all the enemies despite the fact that you don't get a (visible) short mission timer. But why on earth are you shooting the engine of the truck we have to deliver and why are you ignoring the roadblock and all the savage helicopters shooting at you?

Two of the silliest things I've seen (that I can think of right now) happened on the Prison Break finale and the Deliver EMP mission. Number one: someone else had the demolitions role on the finale and instead of keeping distance while we were parachuting down, he decided to fly right under us to get to the beach. Myself and maybe one other player got chopped up and obviously that was a failure. Was it a lack of patience? Was this simply a troll who had no problem wasting his own time also? I'll never know.

The other thing was that after finally successfully delivering the EMP to the Humane Labs, we all (after some waiting) got into the van to make our inconspicous escape. The game tells you clearly through the NPC (sorry, forgot the name) that you can simply drive out. You don't shoot the people arriving, you don't do anything crazy. Just act like you belong and get away from the area.

So what does our genius driver do? He panics. He tries to drive over the mountain. I don't remember if he ended up destroying the vehicle or eventually getting us to safety but for some reason he didn't understand that it was okay to just keep on driving.

And then you have the boring failures that happen in combat. Pacific Standard finale. Again, I'm not the best player and I also die from time to time when I'm a little too reckless. Often still only that one time amongst half a dozen deaths of my teammates, but still.

Partly because of that I try to be patient and I don't get upset when somebody else dies. But when you're trying to do the alley run five or six times in a row because someone is lagging behind and not following you through the shortcut, that is frustrating.

I'll send a text. Sometimes I'll have the mic hooked up and I'll tell them as clear as possible: follow me. Or go to the right. Or jump over the wall. Whatever. Instead, they'll keep fighting the cops that spawn on both sides of them and die.

It's almost as if players just block out certain things that appear on their screen and that they should be hearing. Like seeing your teammates go a different way. Ignoring red blips indicating hostile NPC's. Not reading tips or looking at the GPS when it's actually giving a decent route.

That was quite a lot of sidetrack talk, but I wanted that out of the way. As for what I do in heist missions, well since I'm also a creature of habit, it's usually what I'm used to and what I know. Most missions allow for me to do this as whatever my action or role, it doesn't interfere with or sabotage the team effort unless my teammates are truly incompetent. So I guess I'm not much of a follower.

I've tried to be that follower, the compliant guest on some runs with premade teams. My latest CMM challenge run being an example. I had a group of three super nice guys that were a real pleasure to play with. But what happened was that on a few missions there were failures that could've been avoided had we used a different method and even before those failures happened I kept trying to make sure I was heard and that my input was taken in by the rest. Being confident in my knowledge thanks to my general heist experience but also the two CMMC runs I had done on my own two accounts on the PS3, I thought I knew enough to get us through.

There were some hiccups. We ran into some trouble collecting the Hydra, for example. Unexplained explosions and whatnot. I also failed a mission at least once or twice. But after no less than two restarts of the whole run we got our method of shutting down the application down and kept going. However, there was one mission which made me feel like I want to be in control of any future CMMC runs unless everyone is very well experienced.

It was during the Valkyrie mission. You'll remember that when approaching the Merryweather area you'll be greeted by a roadblock but also around that point by a Buzzard spawning over Terminal, just across the water. In probably ALL of my other runs on this mission, premade team or not, that Buzzard was taken out as early as possible. Usually with a homing launcher missile near the roadblock which would've been cleared within seconds. My team (aforementioned lovely people with a great attitude to boot) was confident enough that we could simply ride on through to the Valkyrie and take off with it without bothering to shoot down the enemy chopper. Well, I had given my suggestion to exercise caution but was assured all would be well. So possibly for the first time ever (for me) we all got into one Kuruma and our driver took us to the crane near the Valkyrie. We were shooting down the mercenaries and when enough had been killed, some got out of the car. The Buzzard caught up to us. Seconds later I saw a rocket fly out of its pod and boom went the dynamite. Or rather, the Kuruma and everyone in and near it. To my surprise, the others were surprised and rather shocked. I thought it was inevitable and obvious. What I should've done is stayed in my own car and shot down the Buzzard as they were entering the building, clearly. But at the time I thought that maybe they had some tactic for it and also I didn't want to be the odd one out. So we failed the mission. I don't remember if that was one of the run restarts we had or if we managed to pull the plug figuratively speaking in time to save the challenge progress, but it was an unnecessary failure in my opinion.

The point of that story is that in my first two runs which were done partly with members of the crew I was a part of back then (tiny crew, but the leader was a good GTA:O friend) we didn't have these issues. We may have had a failure or two along the way but no deaths in the "real" runs. Why? Because we took it so seriously at the time that we made sure before EACH mission that there was a clear plan that noone deviated from. No f**king about, basically. So with that last experience I'm not yet put off from helping people get their challenge completed but since the heists have been out for ages, if you haven't completed the challenge by this time I'm going to assume you need someone to lead the group. And while I'm not really the leading type, I'll gladly and happily do that instead of following along and suffering more failures.

Also, "randoms" are interesting people. My first ever Pacific Standard finale run was with two people I know. Either two crewmembers or one member and one friend. Slot number four was filled by a fairly low rank player we didn't know. That run went near perfectly. None of us were aware (or cared for) alternative strategies. We did the mission the way Rockstar probably intended it. Got into the bank, two people grabbed the money. All four of us ran out and killed the cops. We fought our way through the alley to each checkpoint without taking shortcuts and arrived at the motorcycle stash point. Then we all got on and drove to the mountain using the actual GPS route. I think someone may had gotten knocked off their bike somewhere but it wasn't a problem as they were assisted and we kept on going. It wasn't the traffic hell I now know as the Pacific Standard getaway.

Drove around the mountain, jumped off and parachuted safely onto the boat for a nice payout.

So it was weird for me to be playing the exact same mission time and time again over the next two years or so and seeing people from all ranks fail so miserably at literally any stage of the mission. Nowadays the motorcycle option makes me a little nervous but I'll get on and do it if necessary. If I don't get knocked off while still in the city I can probably make it to either the boat or the mountain without too much difficulty, going off road half the time. But with all the different strategies employed by players, playing that mission with random strangers often means wasting time for no money at all. Either the mission fails, someone dies OR the money carrier gets so shot up because of his reckless behaviour that there's barely any money left.

So let me just answer each of the questions from the OP directly.

-I do like to stick to my best plan. I don't know why I would settle for any plan that isn't my best plan unless someone comes up with something that sounds better than my best plan.

-Following is not what I do with randoms unless I'm afraid I'll get kicked for not doing what they want. Like if there's three players in a crew. But more often than not when that happens they're all on mics and they're sh*t talking me the second I enter the lobby for some reason and I end up leaving anyway. I WANT to follow when I join a premade group, like from this forum, for a run but like I explained in my perhaps lengthy post above I'm afraid that inexperienced players will go down a path that brings us to ruin.

-Don't really charge in and take the lead by announcing anything or sending messages telling people what to do. I just try to lead by example. And sometimes not even that. Sometimes I'll play a mission where most people act the same way and I can work around that.

-Depending on the mission I might do exactly what the prompts tell me, but not always. We all know that following the prompts to the letter in literally every single mission means you're not going about all of them in the most efficient manner.

-I don't know all the shortcuts, probably. Reckon I know enough for a bunch of missions but while I was content using one strategy, I guess others were discussing half a dozen more on the internet. I enjoy heists a bit depending on whom I'm playing with but still would like to see them through quickly most of the time, so yes I do go for the shortcuts that I know at least.

Sorry for making such a long post with stuff that you may or may not think is really related to the subject. But hey, what's a thread like this if not an outlet, eh?

PS. For as long as I've known heists, I've known Pegasus not to be available in them. If this has changed recently I would also like to know about it. Unless it requires mods or other dodgy stuff.

KWF1981
  • KWF1981

Soldier

• Members
  • England

Posted 08 May 2017 - 01:10 AM

Sweet post BlackMilk... I'm certainly not put off by the length dude, kinds partial to it myself, lol...

I loved that, really does show you have much experience too, players with a large amount of experience, especially experience in CMM runs are good to hear from, these guys, like you, put in the effort learning, learning by failing at times too, testing the water, so to speak, and opens doors for many that want to do things without added pressure from the teammates...

It can be very lonely and tedious attacking heists alone, and like I said, most of my trucks were learnt by watching others with 'the knowledge' lol...

My 1st P.S. finale was a bit of a nightmare to start with, many failed attempts back then through many different parts, including me being weak and unsure, then one time a girl joined and told me what to do, I was the one hiding in the bank, and thats when I learned the Kuruma method...

An awesome feeling I'll not forget, genuinely chuffed to pass, but was delighted a friendly came by back then, sharing, kind and keen to help me as a noob...

Great post dude... Peace
  • BlackMilk likes this

Gettin up
  • Gettin up

Thug

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 11 May 2017 - 03:57 AM

I like to shoot enemies and collect the platinum on the setups. On the heist I just do the easy job or collect the money.

FaultyDroid
  • FaultyDroid

Not the one you're looking for

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 11 May 2017 - 07:24 AM

I didn't realise so many look to rush the jobs, I feel too many do this and that can be the cause of the issue...

I rush things out & finish shootings by myself because once randoms start dying, someone almost always will quit & waste everyone's time.

Thats great, except a lot of those randoms have the same plan as you.

IceDree
  • IceDree

Concierge Of Crime 💀

• Members
  • Saudi-Arabia

Posted 11 May 2017 - 08:13 AM

I didn't realise so many look to rush the jobs, I feel too many do this and that can be the cause of the issue...

I rush things out & finish shootings by myself because once randoms start dying, someone almost always will quit & waste everyone's time.

Its not the same plan as winging it without preparation or knowing what to expect.

KWF1981
  • KWF1981

Soldier

• Members
  • England

Posted 11 May 2017 - 09:17 AM

@ FaultyDroid...  Too many look to steam in, good or bad, experienced or not unfortunately... But, I will say, if a low rank noob random gets, say, to Prison Break - Plane before me and my beastie (Nero Custom), then I'm certainly getting things wrong, lol... But agreed, sometimes, because I'm charging in, it sets the example and others follow, or do just that... Can frustrate...

@ Getting Up... Yeah, get many of that type of 'heister'... Finale hopping freeloaders too, all too often, you get sussed out quickly and booted... I only help those that help themselves, unless I know you or I've been asked to help more, the amount of freeloading heisters out there, these are the ones that message 2 seconds after they let another to do everything, and it goes wrong... Pansies...

Gettin up
  • Gettin up

Thug

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 11 May 2017 - 10:20 AM Edited by Gettin up, 11 May 2017 - 10:23 AM.

I didn't really get what you meant by that, but what I tríed to say is I try to be helpful as I can on the setups and my friends always want to do the more demanding jobs on the heist finale. I used to run alone to get the kuruma tho, when you managed get away with it.

I haven't done other heists than Fleeca and Pacific recently.

KWF1981
  • KWF1981

Soldier

• Members
  • England

Posted 11 May 2017 - 11:00 AM

@ Getting up... Fair play, I thought you said you consciously do as little as possible, my bad... Of course, someone has to do the soft jobs, like drive the white van on Pacific Standard - Hack, that's no issue, and the worst driver/player should always go there, and the stronger ones in more demanding roles, absolutely. I always make myself available for the tougher job advising low ranks that switching teams is ideal for a smoother, quicker run...

That said, we all have had players join and idle things, of try to split the mini 2 man teams up... Some will just play silly buggers non stop, regardless unfortunately...

It's very much the time to get the other heists done, they're easy with the right team for sure, pays awesome at the moment, and you get 100k bonus per finale too, 3 you haven't done will get 300k extra, and if you do a fleeca, and finish with a P.S. the loyalty, in order at 1m each, and CMM for 10m is awaiting too... Also, you can still run the alley solo as crowd control member 2...

My bad for misinterpreting you though dude... Happy heisting...

darkdragon74
  • darkdragon74

( ⌐■ _ ■ )

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 May 2017 - 11:32 AM

I goof around and fail the mission when it was 80% finished

FaultyDroid
  • FaultyDroid

Not the one you're looking for

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 11 May 2017 - 01:59 PM

Its not the same plan as winging it without preparation or knowing what to expect.

Agreed, & I dont doubt you. But im sure they think they are just as prepared & capable as you.. This is why playing with randoms is a mug's game. Find players through the forums, communicate with mic. Otherwise you only have yourself to blame, for your own lack of preparation in that respect.. not them.

SqualidCoyote
  • SqualidCoyote

Crackhead

• Members
  • England

Posted 11 May 2017 - 02:52 PM

I like to let someone else do all the driving. All those cruising with players experience points tot up and I can catch up with my online banking on the iFruit phone and see what vehicles are on special offer over at Pegasus. Oh and I always take photos of the driver, smash their windows with a gun and switch radios stations if I can. Very relaxing.

Pedinhuh
  • Pedinhuh

Get down on it!

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 11 May 2017 - 02:56 PM

Lately, on pacific standard finale, I have been asking to be the money carrier, so I could practice being as fast as possible and following the GPS route which is the most safe.
Also practicing and ironing myself out to finally go first the CNN run.

I plan on playing the other heists finale too.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users