Quantcast

» «
Photo

Should GTA borrow from the WWE games series?

18 replies to this topic
VictorVince1239
  • VictorVince1239

Street Cat

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 May 2017 - 08:17 PM Edited by VictorVince1239, 05 May 2017 - 01:19 PM.

Not talking about any RKOs out of no where or anything like that but just the basic grappling system that GTA could put its own spin on. 

Grappling

Let's say the way it works is you tap the x button or A button for weak grapple,  or hold the x or a button for strong grapple. 

Dragging 

Once you've got your grapple locked on you can drag the person around for a few seconds with the left analog stick. The length depending on how hurt the person you're fighting is. With this you can

• Drag someone over to any building and slam their head up against the concrete Wall.
  • Drag someone over to a car and send their head smashing through the side window. 
  • Slam their head over and over into the front hood. 
  • Drag someone around to the back of the ride and toss them in the trunk of the car.  
  • In the Bar you can drag and then toss then up on a bar table and send them sliding across it into the bottles and every else is up there. 

Pick a person up off the ground with the button combination of the up direction and X or A. 

Grappling Strikes

While having them grappled you can tap the O or B button by itself or the combination of analog stick or d pad direction buttons to do different types of grappling strikes. 

The weak grapple would give you attacks like a punch to the face or gut while the strong grapple would give you more powerful strikes that would send them off their feet. Things like:

• Uppercuts 
  • Hard knees into the gut 
  • Standing clotheslines 
  • If you have a gun out you can pistol whip them. 

Back Grappling
Same concept but from behind. Grab someone from behind and you can:
  • Take someone hostage by putting a gun to their head 
  • Hold them while a friend/teammate attacks them. 
  • With strong grapple you can snap their necks like in Vice City stories. 
  • and different types of strikes from behind with or without guns being held. 
  • Wrap a shot gun or something else that longs around their neck and choke them out. 

2k and Rockstar are both products of Take two after all so I think it could be slightly possible. Thoughts?

• Mister Pink likes this

The7thOne
  • The7thOne

Alter Ego

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 May 2017 - 08:28 PM

Just because the two series are owned by Take-Two doesn't mean they can be implemented easily. Both games use entirely different game engines and all of these combat mechanics would have to be created from scratch to work in RAGE.

However that said I wouldn't mind seeing some more depth to melee combat. V's was really weak.

• Mister Pink, LincolnClay, jaljax and 1 other like this

DoomsdayFAN
  • DoomsdayFAN

ICE

• Members
  • Iceland

Posted 04 May 2017 - 10:07 PM

If they include all that then they might as well provide an MMA or Pro Wrestling subplot/side missions to the game.

Zello
  • Zello

Hired gun

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 May 2017 - 10:13 PM

Just because the two series are owned by Take-Two doesn't mean they can be implemented easily. Both games use entirely different game engines and all of these combat mechanics would have to be created from scratch to work in RAGE.

However that said I wouldn't mind seeing some more depth to melee combat. V's was really weak.

Strauss Zelnick also said that they don't share technology

https://www.gamespot...x/1100-6429633/

Also during the call, Zelnick confirmed that Take-Two's two main labels, Rockstar Games (Grand Theft Auto, Max Payne, L.A. Noire) and 2K Games (Mafia, NBA 2K, Civilization) do not share their technology.

"We're blessed that we have two distinct labels at this company," he said. "We do not have a tech-sharing environment. We're a very congenial company, but we don't think that's the best way to get the best out of our development folks. It's not the way it works around here."

Femme Fatale
  • Femme Fatale

Boy You Make Me Make Bad Decisions

• Members
  • Mexico

Posted 05 May 2017 - 02:06 AM

Sounds like a p cool idea tbh. I especially like the "dragging" part, it'd be p dope if we could smash a person's head on a wall, or through a window.
  • Mister Pink and LincolnClay like this

LincolnClay
  • LincolnClay

F*ck Take Two Interactive...

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 05 May 2017 - 05:30 AM

Sounds like a p cool idea tbh. I especially like the "dragging" part, it'd be p dope if we could smash a person's head on a wall, or through a window.

Very dope, indeed.

Though if R* ever attempts to implement these features into the game, they shouldn't go overboard with it and make it TOO unrealistic.
  • Femme Fatale likes this

(Ambient)
  • (Ambient)

Three stars

• Facade Corporation
  • European-Union

Posted 05 May 2017 - 07:41 AM

Nothing, because GTA isn't WWE.

Neon_Dreaming
  • Neon_Dreaming

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 May 2017 - 11:17 AM

As Niko Bellic once said, I have killed people, sold people, clotheslined people, maybe here things will be different.

But yeah a more dynamic melee system with a grappling mechanic would be a good feature, Vice City Stories had some grappling and it had some of the best melee combat in the gta series.

• Maibatsu545, ProKiller93 and VictorVince1239 like this

DOUGL4S1
  • DOUGL4S1

Soldier

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 05 May 2017 - 12:54 PM

Would be cool something like Sleeping Dogs, to use the scenary to take down opponents,  like throwing them head-on into an electrical box or a dumpster. Other than that, I really loved GTA IV's combat system, fights lasted enough to be enjoyable but they weren't long enough to be annoying.

• Neon_Dreaming, VictorVince1239 and Steezy. like this

VictorVince1239
  • VictorVince1239

Street Cat

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 05 May 2017 - 01:19 PM

Strauss Zelnick also said that they don't share technology

https://www.gamespot...x/1100-6429633/

Also during the call, Zelnick confirmed that Take-Two's two main labels, Rockstar Games (Grand Theft Auto, Max Payne, L.A. Noire) and 2K Games (Mafia, NBA 2K, Civilization) do not share their technology.

"We're blessed that we have two distinct labels at this company," he said. "We do not have a tech-sharing environment. We're a very congenial company, but we don't think that's the best way to get the best out of our development folks. It's not the way it works around here."

Yeah I wasn't too sure about it myself but I wanted to see what people thought of the idea. - shrug -

VictorVince1239
  • VictorVince1239

Street Cat

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 05 May 2017 - 01:26 PM

Nothing, because GTA isn't WWE.

Never said anything about turning GTA into WWE. This is about borrowing one feature from that series gameplay to put its own spin on. 

If they include all that then they might as well provide an MMA or Pro Wrestling subplot/side missions to the game.

Nah but it could be used in a returning Fight Club type of mode. Loved that in TBOGT. 

• Mister Pink likes this

Mister Pink
  • Mister Pink

Pink.Inc

• The Connection
  • None
  • Best Poster [Music] 2016
    Best Poster [Music] 2015
    Best Poster [Music] 2014
    Most Knowledgeable [Music] 2013
    Best Contributor [Music] 2012

Posted 05 May 2017 - 09:28 PM Edited by Mister Pink, 05 May 2017 - 09:31 PM.

Yes, I would love to see GTA borrow from WWE's combat system. I've not played WWE in years but I understand the concept you speak of, applying a more diverse and layered fighting system in to the pretty lackluster current fighting system. 

If Rockstar's philosophy with GTA is that it's games within a game, then imagine a fully-fledged deep combat system like Sleeping Dogs or as you mentioned WWE. Being able to grapple opponents, pick them up and generally have more options when fighting other than the misterable one-punch knock-out system in GTA V. 

Personally, I would like to see a system where the combat becomes evolved and learned by experience and/or via collectibles or by attending "fight school." We could possibly have a gyms that open up to the player and the player can learn fight-styles or combos over time. 

I hope Rockstar does focus a lot of attention of fighting this time round because it's something you'll always do, it's fundamental to the game. 

Also, just a quick comment about Take-Two and them not sharing technology, that's true but if Rockstar was to "borrow" ideas, I hardly imagine one company suing the the other over intellectual property when the parent company is the same parent. 

• MiamiViceCity, Neon_Dreaming and VictorVince1239 like this

VictorVince1239
  • VictorVince1239

Street Cat

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 05 May 2017 - 11:23 PM Edited by VictorVince1239, 05 May 2017 - 11:24 PM.

I think it makes perfect sense for those two companies to work together some day. Could not only borrow from the WWE series, but  NBA 2k as well if there's ever a Basketball game brought back to the Grand Theft Auto world. 

Having arguably the best basketball game availables controls added to GTA could only interest people in playing it that much more and lead to more copies being sold. 

Another thing GTA should have from the WWE games is a more indepth create a player mode that has multiple body types for both male and female online models, height and weight adjustment options, Body morphing in general. 

Face Import. Not the NBA 2K one but the WWE one that has a App and a website for the PC that you can use to put any face into your game on your character then we can finally make realistic looking Niko Belics, Claude, CJ, the Republican space rangers, themselves and whoever else the player desires for their game.

Zello
  • Zello

Hired gun

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 05 May 2017 - 11:45 PM Edited by Zello, 05 May 2017 - 11:57 PM.

Face Import. Not the NBA 2K one but the WWE one that has a App and a website for the PC that you can use to put any face into your game on your character then we can finally make realistic looking Niko Belics, Claude, CJ, the Republican space rangers, themselves and whoever else the player desires for their game.

They really missed a huge opportunity for GTA online to import your face in the game.

Using the PS camera or XB1 camera,the GTA V phone app, and even just uploading it to the R* social club website your face or like you said someone else's like say CJ, Niko, or I dunno Liam Neeson would be awesome. NBA 2K started doing this around the time GTA V came to PS4/XB1 would have been the perfect thing to get people to upgrade to next gen.
  • Mister Pink and VictorVince1239 like this

VictorVince1239
  • VictorVince1239

Street Cat

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 May 2017 - 03:21 AM

I just prefer WWE 2k face scan cause you can do that one on a computer. 

MiamiViceCity
  • MiamiViceCity

• Australia
  • Most Obsessive Name Changer 2016 (My unofficial GTAF annual award)
    Biggest Fanboy 2013, 2014, 2015
    Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Member in the OGA 2012

Posted 06 May 2017 - 03:27 AM

I must admit it would be pretty awesome to give a ped a Stone Cold Stunner or Rock Bottom.
  • Mister Pink likes this

Maibatsu545
  • Maibatsu545

veritas vos liberabit

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 May 2017 - 04:24 AM

I dunno about incorporating WWE sh*t into GTA, but the melee system definitely needs an overhaul. Melee combat in V sucked cock.

Payne Killer
  • Payne Killer

This is love. Love hurts.

• Members
  • Mexico

Posted 06 May 2017 - 04:54 AM

Nah, just find a way to mix IVs melee with VCS.
  • Johnny Spaz and Mr_Rager like this

Johnny Spaz
  • Johnny Spaz

Rat

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 May 2017 - 01:09 AM Edited by Johnny Spaz, 07 May 2017 - 01:10 AM.

Like in Saints Row ? Hell no.

But a better melee system is necessary.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users