Not talking about any RKOs out of no where or anything like that but just the basic grappling system that GTA could put its own spin on.
Let's say the way it works is you tap the x button or A button for weak grapple, or hold the x or a button for strong grapple.
Once you've got your grapple locked on you can drag the person around for a few seconds with the left analog stick. The length depending on how hurt the person you're fighting is. With this you can
- Drag someone over to any building and slam their head up against the concrete Wall.
- Drag someone over to a car and send their head smashing through the side window.
- Slam their head over and over into the front hood.
- Drag someone around to the back of the ride and toss them in the trunk of the car.
- In the Bar you can drag and then toss then up on a bar table and send them sliding across it into the bottles and every else is up there.
Pick a person up off the ground with the button combination of the up direction and X or A.
- Hard knees into the gut
- Standing clotheslines
- If you have a gun out you can pistol whip them.
- Take someone hostage by putting a gun to their head
- Hold them while a friend/teammate attacks them.
- With strong grapple you can snap their necks like in Vice City stories.
- and different types of strikes from behind with or without guns being held.
- Wrap a shot gun or something else that longs around their neck and choke them out.
2k and Rockstar are both products of Take two after all so I think it could be slightly possible. Thoughts?