Intended FPS

8 replies to this topic
lastpackage
  • lastpackage

Square Civilian

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 04 May 2017 - 01:09 PM

What's intended FPS for gta 2, that DMA assumed player would be playing on? 30fps of 25fps?

FulValBot
  • FulValBot

Snitch

• Members
  • Italy

Posted 04 May 2017 - 02:59 PM

Molotok
  • Molotok

K.G.B. Agent

• Members

Posted 04 May 2017 - 04:19 PM

What's intended FPS for gta 2, that DMA assumed player would be playing on? 30fps of 25fps?

The intended fps is 30 which you should get when playing with the frame limiter on. Sometimes under modern machines/hardware it will play at 25 fps, but there are ways to solve this problem.

• Tomasak and lastpackage like this

lastpackage
  • lastpackage

Square Civilian

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 04 May 2017 - 05:55 PM

The intended fps is 30 which you should get when playing with the frame limiter on. Sometimes under modern machines/hardware it will play at 25 fps, but there are ways to solve this problem.

Thanks, in gta 1 it's 30fps too?

Also I have another question. My native monitor resolution is 1920x1080 and since widescreen fix has too low vertical fov I wanted to play gta 2 in "native height but still 4:3" resolution which is 1440x1080, so the image isn't upscaled and blurry. Firstly I added 1440x1080 as custom resolution in my nvidia control panel, and that makes I can play this resolution in other games. I set this resolution in gta 2 registry to full_width and full_height, but unfortunelly it doesn't work Gta 2 returns to 640x480. So i decided to go with windowed mode, I set this resolution to full_width and full_height and i even wrote simple autoit script that removes border from gta 2 window, but unfortunelly pic rel happens. Subtitle is too low and it's barely visible. Is there any way to raise it? Maybe some memory writing. Widescreen fix does that, but i don't want to play this game in 16:9. If not, what is the best way to play this game today on 1920x1080 monitor?

Molotok
  • Molotok

K.G.B. Agent

• Members

Posted 04 May 2017 - 06:28 PM

In GTA1 is actually just 23-24 fps, but don´t ask me why they chose that.

About your other qustion I don´t really have a clue sorry. I play it on 640x480 in windowed mode or sometimes fullscreen and I have 1920x1080 monitor too. Making your resolution bigger won´t improve the graphics since it is just the 640x480 stretched, that is what the game does. 

Tomasak
  • Tomasak

• The Yardies
  • None
  • Spam Commando 2017
    Best Conversion 2016 [GTA: Underground] [Contribution]

Posted 04 May 2017 - 06:28 PM

Or you can download developer WS fix build which now has Hor+ instead of Vert-

• lastpackage likes this

lastpackage
  • lastpackage

Square Civilian

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 04 May 2017 - 07:04 PM Edited by lastpackage, 04 May 2017 - 07:08 PM.

Making your resolution bigger won´t improve the graphics since it is just the 640x480 stretched, that is what the game does.

What? No, textures and sprites are low resolution, but higher resolution of the game makes edges and  the whole game much sharper and cleaner.
Also I forgot about pic rel to that last post, so here it is.

Spoiler

Oh man, that's so good, thanks. Are there any negative effects of using developer build?

Also another question, because why not, if I don't have my own public IP address and no way to port forward to my computer, can I still play gta 2 multiplayer as a client?

Tomasak
  • Tomasak

• The Yardies
  • None
  • Spam Commando 2017
    Best Conversion 2016 [GTA: Underground] [Contribution]

Posted 04 May 2017 - 07:12 PM

Oh man, that's so good, thanks. Are there any negative effects of using developer build?

iirc Blackbird finished whole game with the dev build so no issues whatsoever

Molotok
  • Molotok

K.G.B. Agent

• Members

Posted 04 May 2017 - 07:45 PM

What? No, textures and sprites are low resolution, but higher resolution of the game makes edges and  the whole game much sharper and cleaner.

Also I forgot about pic rel to that last post, so here it is.

Spoiler

Actually you are right with the sharper edges, which I never noticed because the texture quality is still low. The difference is not so huge though, so if I would record a video for example I would still record at 640x480 to save file size.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users