Underwater exploration was pointless/time waste

46 replies to this topic
Cutter De Blanc
  • Cutter De Blanc

Cheat Activated

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 5 days ago

I did the submarine mission for the first time under the cover of darkness, it f*cking sucked. Crashed the damn sub into everything just getting out of the harbor.

• anthony and Yinepi like this

Payne Killer
  • Payne Killer

Time moves forward, nothing changes.

• Members
  • None

Posted 4 days ago

I actually liked it, it's a nice change of pace from the bland Los Santos and empty desert, I spent hours swimming around in scuba gear just looking for random stuff.
  • ClaudeSpeed1911, Mister Leone and MuralDeciphered like this

CaptainMental
  • CaptainMental

Criminal Mastermind

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 4 days ago

The problem is it just isn't very interesting. Maybe if they included a sunken pirate ship or underwater caves then yeah.

Then a giant sea monster comes out of the cave, and all you have is a knife to kill it with. If you do manage to kill it you unlock a clue to where the jetpack is located.
That sounds more fun than finding 30 waste barrels or submarine pieces for some old lady and not get rewarded significantly. :p
Uhm, the real reward is that you get a unique vehicle, the Asea. If you
steal it from her when the cutscene for collecting all pieces ends.

Wiseguy94
  • Wiseguy94

Crackhead

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 4 days ago

I don't get the point of all the weapon pickups since you don't lose your guns if you get killed or busted this time around. Maybe one or two of each kind of gun but not all over the place especially when you can find them above ground shark-free. Now if they had put the advanced rifle somewhere or another very rare/endgame weapon then it might be worth the hunt. 

• Payne Killer and Pink Pineapple like this

ClaudeSpeed1911
  • ClaudeSpeed1911

J.E.C.

• Members
  • Palestine

Posted 4 days ago Edited by ClaudeSpeed1911, 4 days ago.

The screens they showed before the release had people going scuba diving. I think if they added some underwater combat and crime based activities then people would like it more. Picture driving a boat through the ocean playing a side mission with drug trafficing then breaking the boats carrying the drugs and diving to get them or even try to steal the boats without destroying them to make it more dynamic. They could also add some more unique weapons that are only found underwater, finding antique pistol which belonged to some pirates or maybe some swords. And with what I said before about the underwater combat, an underwater rifle and a spear would also open up more possibilities which would be very unique to underwater like firefights and hunting. They could have also made some easter eggs like a huge kraken or a megaloden shark (could also be a part of a drug trip based stranger and freaks missions based on myths to make keep the player from losing immersion).

• gunziness, Official General, Maibatsu545 and 4 others like this

Yinepi
  • Yinepi

Wepwawet Wannabe

• Members
  • Egypt

Posted 3 days ago

The problem is it just isn't very interesting. Maybe if they included a sunken pirate ship or underwater caves then yeah.

Then a giant sea monster comes out of the cave, and all you have is a knife to kill it with. If you do manage to kill it you unlock a clue to where the jetpack is located.
That sounds more fun than finding 30 waste barrels or submarine pieces for some old lady and not get rewarded significantly. :p

How is that a reward when the Asea spawns in traffic? Well, it does on PC. Not sure about consoles.

CaptainMental
  • CaptainMental

Criminal Mastermind

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 3 days ago Edited by CaptainMental, 3 days ago.

How is that a reward when the Asea spawns in traffic? Well, it does on PC. Not sure about consoles.
I only did that side quest on PS3 and there it doesnt spawn in traffic at all. Only way to get it in story mode legit is to collect all pieces. I know it is purchaseable in GTAO though.

Anyways, the original idea was that the Asea was the reward, hence also the very unique and cool mods
for it. Maybe Rockstar changed that in updates.

ACM-Jan
  • ACM-Jan

Usually helpful, BUT very defensive upon disrespect

• Members
  • Estonia

Posted 3 days ago Edited by ACM-Jan, 3 days ago.

yep, asea can be very cool reward for finding all submarine parts!

took this awesome selfie in last gen (i knew about passing vehicles to another protagonists long ago): 

3opwSNS.jpg

MiamiViceCity
  • MiamiViceCity

The Unforgiven

• Australia
  • Most Obsessive Name Changer 2016 (My unofficial GTAF annual award)
    Biggest Fanboy 2013, 2014, 2015
    Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Member in the OGA 2012

Posted 3 days ago

It isn't unique now it spawns in traffic on the PS4 and XB1 versions. Besides being rare the car itself isn't anything special and isn't worth the time to collect the pieces to get it.

When I done this I thought we'd be given....wait for it.... an actual submarine.

But the game was like "Haha here's $10 for your effort and a unique grocery getter :lol: ".
  • anthony, ClaudeSpeed1911, Payne Killer and 1 other like this

CaptainMental
  • CaptainMental

Criminal Mastermind

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 3 days ago

It isn't unique now it spawns in traffic on the PS4 and XB1 versions. Besides being rare the car itself isn't anything special and isn't worth the time to collect the pieces to get it.

When I done this I thought we'd be given....wait for it.... an actual submarine.

But the game was like "Haha here's $10 for your effort and a unique grocery getter :lol: ".
Well, you have the option to buy the dive shop and a submarine will always spawn there.

Maibatsu545
  • Maibatsu545

veritas vos liberabit

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 3 days ago

I agree 100% OP, and I said as much when R* went on and on about how amazing their underwater world was, and the fan-addicts attacked me for it. Yes, so glad they spent so much time modeling kelp instead of giving us a drug dealing system.
  • anthony, ClaudeSpeed1911 and Yinepi like this

Raj Brunner
  • Raj Brunner

"There is no knowledge that is not power"

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A day ago Edited by Raj Brunner, A day ago.

Lmao

In most games, it's

What games ?

Far cry 3-4
Skyrim
Just Cause 2-3
San Andreas
Battlefield

Going to be pretty empty

Where is that come fro..m.. ?

It's the ocean

Personnaly I don't care if the ocean is empty or whatever IRL because it's a game and I want to have things to do so whatever if it's the ocean.

Who cares about it? It's the Ocean. I bet in most OWG you most likely spend 95% of your time on land. Besides you're acting as if it's totally empty and undetailed.
What were you expecting? A secret underwater base?

Divers, unique items, mysterious plane, boat wreck which can maybe trigger quests or whatever, I was execpting much more. A (secret) underwater base sounds good.

OK, agree with the divers and the quest but the plane and ship wreaks do have a few things that has easter eggs thing that has to do with strangers and freaks.
I swear, people are always finding something small to whine about...

Something small ? The huge empty thing all around the map ? Take off the magic fanboy powder of your eyes because this is definitely not something small. I am not whining, we just stated obvious facts and also some ideas to improve the underwater gameplay by the way.
It is small, because it's the ocean. You have games out there that have rivers lakes and oceans that are bland as tofu but you don't see their fanbase bitching about it. Not fanboying, just pointing out that this is another asinine thing to complain about.

Sorry for grammar errors. Sent with an LG-K7.

Zello
  • Zello

Hired gun

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A day ago

I would have liked to see Claude, Tommy, and CJ as dead bodies floating underwater

Cutter De Blanc
  • Cutter De Blanc

Cheat Activated

• Members
  • Mars

Posted A day ago

It is small, because it's the ocean. You have games out there that have rivers lakes and oceans that are bland as tofu but you don't see their fanbase bitching about it. Not fanboying, just pointing out that this is another asinine thing to complain about.

Sorry for grammar errors. Sent with an LG-K7.

This particular aspect was well criticized before the game was even released. They said it would be boring. They said there would probably be nothing much to do down there. They said it would take up development time and resources that could have been better utilized elsewhere. Lo and behold, all of these criticisms seem like they were valid. Calling them asinine and referring to it as "complaining" isn't really contributing to this discussion.

Raj Brunner
  • Raj Brunner

"There is no knowledge that is not power"

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A day ago

It is small, because it's the ocean. You have games out there that have rivers lakes and oceans that are bland as tofu but you don't see their fanbase bitching about it. Not fanboying, just pointing out that this is another asinine thing to complain about.Sorry for grammar errors. Sent with an LG-K7.

Calling them asinine and referring to it as "complaining" isn't really contributing to this discussion.
Well since I disagreed with the thread and supported my argument on why I feel this thread is pointless and stupid (Not to mention I didn't break any rules). I think I did contribute to this discussion.

anthony
  • anthony

• Members
  • None

Posted A day ago

It is small, because it's the ocean.

What ?

You have games out there that have rivers lakes and oceans that are bland as tofu but you don't see their fanbase bitching about it. 

What games ? and what do you know about their fanbase, did you even browse these (games) forums ?

supported my argument on why I feel this thread is pointless and stupid

Your arguments are "it's the ocean so wtf did you expect" "but but there are games out there with empty ocean and nobody complaining so shut up guys"

• Cutter De Blanc likes this

Cutter De Blanc
  • Cutter De Blanc

Cheat Activated

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 23 hours ago

and supported my argument on why I feel this thread is pointless and stupid (Not to mention I didn't break any rules).

The thread isn't about why you think it's stupid, it's about underwater exploration.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users