Photo

Do you think Sweet was jealous of CJ?

10 replies to this topic
watersgta3
  • watersgta3

Snitch

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 02 May 2017 - 12:30 AM Edited by watersgta3, 02 May 2017 - 12:34 AM.

I've been re-watching the cutscenes of the game and I have this new theory as to why Sweet was being an ungrateful asshole towards CJ. Before CJ returned home, Grove Street has fallen pretty badly. Then after CJ came back home, the gang was gradually getting back on its feet right before Sweet was sent to jail and the Ballas and Vagos took over the whole hood, as well as Smoke and Ryder being compelled to betray the gang by C.R.A.S.H. Now here's the jealousy part. When CJ finally bails Sweet out of jail, he tells him how he got a mansion and nearly every asset on San Fierro and Las Venturas. Instead of being happy about it, Sweet instead tries to compel CJ to go back to the hood to handle business. I mean let's face it. No man with any common sense, gangster or not, would want to spend his whole life in the hood. I feel that the reason why Sweet wanted CJ to go back in the hood to bang again is because since CJ did much more work to rise to the top, Sweet feels insecure deep down due to not accomplishing much for the gang since CJ's absence, being the big brother and all, and that he feels intimidated that his younger brother has become a bigger man than him. So Sweet wanted to prove that he was the bigger man by "keeping it real" and accused CJ for abandoning the hood at an attempt to mask his jealousy for his brother. I mean since he IS the leader of the Grove Street Families, he probably feels that his brother's success makes him feel inferior. Don't start attacking me now. This is just a theory.

ThatVenezuelanGuy
  • ThatVenezuelanGuy

¡Hablamos Español!

• Members
  • Venezuela

Posted 02 May 2017 - 02:04 AM

I doubt it. Sweet takes the Grove seriously, every mission you do for him, it's for the hood. So, you can understand that he wants the Grove to rise back, even if that gets him dead.

Also, he's the leader, he needs to support and protect the Grove at all costs. 

He was angry at Carl because he "ran off", so, for him the idea of leaving the Grove alone while he's living in a mansion, is like "running off" from the Grove.

So, i guess you could say that he isn't jealous, he's just worried. 

• mrfilmpjesmaker123, HalfOfAKebab, The_Human and 2 others like this

HalfOfAKebab
  • HalfOfAKebab

Help & Support

• Members
  • United-Kingdom
  • Helpfulness Award [GTAO]

Posted 02 May 2017 - 08:09 AM

Sweet takes the Grove seriously, every mission you do for him, it's for the hood.

Yep. He takes it so seriously that even after being in jail for months (?), literally the first thing he does is take Grove Street back with CJ.
  • mrfilmpjesmaker123 likes this

lil weasel
  • lil weasel

Shoot Looters, Hang Pirates!

• GTA Series Staff
  • United-States
  • Contribution Award [San Andreas]

Posted 02 May 2017 - 10:05 PM Edited by lil weasel, 02 May 2017 - 10:10 PM.

I would Refer to
What kind of creep is Sweet
Sweet not the brightest.

Evil empire
  • Evil empire

Homeboy

• Members
  • France

Posted 03 May 2017 - 12:06 AM Edited by Evil-Empire, 09 May 2017 - 02:46 AM.

Jealousy is a good element to justify Sweet's behavior in the scenario.

*DERGaming
  • *DERGaming

I am back

• Members
  • United-States
  • Ban Roulette Winner 2016

Posted 03 May 2017 - 03:03 AM

Nah, he is just really angry at CJ about him turning his back on the Familes after all just like your actual family you got to be loyal.

Evil empire
  • Evil empire

Homeboy

• Members
  • France

Posted 03 May 2017 - 09:17 AM

He's angry when CJ arrives in Los Santos from Liberty City and jealous when CJ comes back in Los Santos after his San Fierro and Las Venturas missions.

Rocky0910
  • Rocky0910

SneakinSwag™

• Members
  • India

Posted 06 May 2017 - 04:09 AM

Exactly! I felt the same way while i was playing the game. I thought i was the only one who felt like it!

Son of Zeus
  • Son of Zeus

Still King

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 06 May 2017 - 08:49 AM

Yeah I think he was a bit jealous of CJ's success. Sweet was all about the hood and when he saw CJ return from LV all rich he got angry, part of that must have been jealousy that this guy made it big.

Great Britain
  • Great Britain

Dieu et mon droit

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 06 May 2017 - 05:10 PM Edited by Great Britain, 06 May 2017 - 05:14 PM.

I'm not surprised that to some people it may appear as an envious situation on Sweet's behalf. However I think what's important to remember here is the fact that CJ ran off when the family needed him the most, Brian had already been killed and CJ running off to Liberty City just added to the already worsening situation of the Grove. When Sweet got out of prison, obviously things were pretty messed up more or less everywhere in the city. When CJ told Sweet what all he had earned and achieved out of the hood, In my opinion brought back those painful memories to him of how CJ abandoned his family and the hood for his own selfish motives. Sweet is a character who we have all seen undergo his fair share of emotional stress since day one. Combine that with his personality of a hard-core gangster on the outside and a sort of a soft hearted brother to both Kendl & CJ on the inside, as well as a Son to Beverly.

After their mother died, not only was he the already struggling leader of a Family that was being torn apart by rival gangs each day, but also an elder sibling, on whom the responsibility of the safe-keeping of his sister and the well-being of the hood at large now rested. All in all, to me rather than it being a case of being jealous, I would much rather be inclined to believe that it's natural for him to react this way, seeing his own brother run off again when the hood, to which he devoted his life to needed a worthy leader when he was doing time inside.

I do agree that sometimes his love for the hood is pretty over-whelming and can get a little on your nerves, seeing as to how much he likes to shove the idea of being and staying loyal to the hood and their principles down your throat all the time. This though certainly is not a case of being jealous. It's just a person who is fighting, not only a war on the outside to save what he so deeply loves, but also on the inside with his own contradictions, as we saw when he was about to give up on everything and let himself fall for the "sh*t that changes everything" aka drugs. Let's also not forget about the betrayal of Smoke and Ryder, which I'm sure played heavily on his mind as well. Who else can a person like Sweet in that situation count on if not on his own brother?

AlertTheRedCode
  • AlertTheRedCode

Same things make us laugh, make us cry...

• Members
  • Albania

Posted 23 May 2017 - 08:00 PM

I don't think Sweet is jealous of Carl. He only loves the Ghetto and stay loyal to the 'hood. He doesn't like CJ because he left Brian for dead in an accident. That's why sometimes the homies call him a buster

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users