GTA V lags

11 replies to this topic
StormBreaker
  • StormBreaker

Rockstar Hater

• Members
  • India

Posted 30 April 2017 - 04:15 PM

I'm running the game at lowest settings, but still can't get the game to run smoothly. My specs are( in case you can't see my signature):
i3 processor at 2.1 GHz
8 GB DDR3 RAM
2 GB radeon graphics.
Any fixes for this?

R4gN0r0K
  • R4gN0r0K

☆ ♛ ☆

• Members
  • Unknown
  • Best WIP Mod 2014 [Grand Theft Auto 3D]

Posted 30 April 2017 - 04:21 PM

a better processor?

• HalfOfAKebab likes this

StormBreaker
  • StormBreaker

Rockstar Hater

• Members
  • India

Posted 01 May 2017 - 12:50 AM

I can't change the processor, since I'm using a laptop. Anything else I can do?

StormBreaker
  • StormBreaker

Rockstar Hater

• Members
  • India

Posted 01 May 2017 - 01:46 PM Edited by StormBreaker, 01 May 2017 - 01:46 PM.

Never mind, I fixed it. The solution was to use a lower resolution. The quality becomes poor, but the game runs smooth. Also, there is no subtitle problem, that I had earlier

R4gN0r0K
  • R4gN0r0K

☆ ♛ ☆

• Members
  • Unknown
  • Best WIP Mod 2014 [Grand Theft Auto 3D]

Posted 01 May 2017 - 03:53 PM

good thought, at least its playable now

ACM-Jan
  • ACM-Jan

Usually helpful, BUT very defensive upon disrespect

• Members
  • Estonia

Posted 02 May 2017 - 06:23 PM Edited by ACM-Jan, 02 May 2017 - 06:23 PM.

if you like laptops make sure you get next one with cpu connector then you can switch them

StormBreaker
  • StormBreaker

Rockstar Hater

• Members
  • India

Posted 03 May 2017 - 03:56 PM

I don't know what's wrong with my laptop, but, I tried changing my resolution back to normal and it works fine! But now, it does not show my 2 GB graphics. It shows 1024 mb. Why is this game/my computer making things so complicated?

radioman
  • radioman

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 07 May 2017 - 06:16 PM

I don't know what's wrong with my laptop, but, I tried changing my resolution back to normal and it works fine! But now, it does not show my 2 GB graphics. It shows 1024 mb. Why is this game/my computer making things so complicated?

The reason it only shows 1024mb is cause that's all the Dedicated vram your card has- the rest is shared vram-ie. it is shared with the system ram. Games use Dedicated vram. Also, that vram is NOT just for one card-it is for the Intel one AND AMD one combined. Make sure ALL your drivers are up to date for the video card and such.

​Also, your processor is only a Dual core and the minimum according to the game requirements is a Quad core processor. 

With that being said, since you are on a laptop, the ONLY way to get rid of the lag is to get a new and better PC that has better specs.

StormBreaker
  • StormBreaker

Rockstar Hater

• Members
  • India

Posted 08 May 2017 - 07:41 AM

The reason it only shows 1024mb is cause that's all the Dedicated vram your card has- the rest is shared vram-ie. it is shared with the system ram. Games use Dedicated vram. Also, that vram is NOT just for one card-it is for the Intel one AND AMD one combined. Make sure ALL your drivers are up to date for the video card and such.
​Also, your processor is only a Dual core and the minimum according to the game requirements is a Quad core processor. 

With that being said, since you are on a laptop, the ONLY way to get rid of the lag is to get a new and better PC that has better specs.
The lag is fixed, the game works fine. Before I changed the resolution, the game used to show me thag I had 1820 mb of graphics. After I changed the resolution, it shows me 1024mb. I need the way to fix this. Any help will be appreciated.

ACM-Jan
  • ACM-Jan

Usually helpful, BUT very defensive upon disrespect

• Members
  • Estonia

Posted 10 May 2017 - 03:24 PM Edited by ACM-Jan, 10 May 2017 - 03:29 PM.

dual-core CPU IS NOT BAD or the cause of lag, always some software settings are involved as long as GPU is good enough and CPU isn't too old! BTW pentium series 2013 CPU's are good enough to play it!

quad-core cpus ain't that much improvement AND they cost more than decent GPU which is more important to play!

all in all quad-core cpu price and performance improvement are unbalanced , too much cost for the amount of improvement they have ( minimum price costing more than entire laptops)!

HaRdSTyLe_83
  • HaRdSTyLe_83

☆★RIP Open IV★☆

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 13 May 2017 - 02:31 AM

that might be true on desktops but we all know that laptops cpu's and gpus dont have the same performance as the desktop version. a dual core can run the game just fine if you dont mind 40'ish Fps, but if you want higher res and Fps you going to need a quad core.

i cant really say mutch about AMD, i have a laptop with one R7 M260 and to be honest it sucks bad in Gta so i only tried it for like 20 minutes

giorgx dyom
  • giorgx dyom

uknown

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 May 2017 - 08:36 AM

The lag is fixed, the game works fine. Before I changed the resolution, the game used to show me thag I had 1820 mb of graphics. After I changed the resolution, it shows me 1024mb. I need the way to fix this. Any help will be appreciated.

you probally run it on itercorated graphics(intel hd) right click the exe end go to the second op-tion and chose the amd xard not the intergorated 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users