Why won't my dials work?

No replies to this topic
Chezy
  • Chezy

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 3 weeks ago

Hi everyone!

After releasing my first (and to this day, only) GTA V car mod in 2016, without dials or a working steering wheel, I've decided to not release any more cars until these two basic things are included. Shouldn't be too hard, right? So I started working on a 1996 Buick Roadmaster, and the steering wheel works perfectly fine. But I can't seem to get the dials showing up, and I really don't know why. And since I've decided to go back to modding and release some more cars this year, I really want to find out how to fix this issue.

Basically, here's what I've done so far. Sorry if I can't remember each step in detail, it's been almost a year. After trying and failing multiple times with my own dials, I imported the Cavalcade, took its dials model and the surface behind the dials with the speedometer and so on. I took the car as it was in GTA V, and changed nothing but the position of the polygons. The pivot is the same aswell, and of course, I left the material and everything else untouched. Afterwards, I changed the necessary entries in the vehicles.meta to the Cavalcade dials, since the Stanier uses the Taxi dials.

Now, Vans123 helped me on GTA 5 Mods by telling me to try to change the hierarchy of the dials material to be on top and everything near the dials to be underneath them in the hierarchy. It kinda worked, since the dials are now at least showing up, but it still looks like this:

20170427045311_1.jpg

I really don't know what else to do. I finally wanna get over with this stupid problem and release this car. I've done everything as I was reccomended, I'm using the correct shaders, the hierarchy is correct, and I think I've changed every necessary line in the vehicles.meta. What am I missing?

I desperately hope that anybody help me on this? I really don't know what else to do. Did I do something wrong? Did I miss something? Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks a lot everyone!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users