Quantcast

» «
Photo

What Cities Do You Dislike The Most In The Series?

144 replies to this topic
Roger Cheeto
  • Roger Cheeto

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 August 2017 - 09:12 PM

people hate V , so they hate HD LS

But seriously who decided to put the big mountain in the map which is really pointless

Honestly, I like the mountains, I like the accuracy, the only thing I don't like about V's map is how everything is so small and squashed together, plenty of missing areas from LA too.
  • jaljax likes this

iwillr0k
  • iwillr0k

Player Hater

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 18 August 2017 - 09:36 PM Edited by iwillr0k, 18 August 2017 - 09:36 PM.

Vice City felt empty as f*ck tbh. The thing that made the game good in my opinion was the soundtrack. It was pretty amazing.

If they do a remake of Vice City, I bet it would look amazing. But the original version was "meh".

• Pastry, The Deadite, Yinepi and 1 other like this

BoxiestSumo
  • BoxiestSumo

Reckless Driver

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 August 2017 - 08:28 AM

GTA 3's Liberty City. It's just so misproportioned and ugly.
  • jaljax likes this

Plank.
  • Plank.

le edgy contrarian

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 21 August 2017 - 12:00 AM

I don't think I dislike any of them, but GTA V's map was rather bland. I may be biased, because I never really liked Los Angeles' skyline or the whole tan-and-white color scheme that a lot of the city seems to have. Everything felt sort of generic and artificial in Los Santos. There were hardly any props or trash on the sidewalks not many facades or fire escapes to climb on. It wasn't bad, but it felt like they made the city to be enjoyed mostly from a driving perspective, rather than on foot. Very little sense of atmosphere, even on Vinewood Blvd. which feels like another generic city street.

Vice City really isn't a very spectacular map either, but the 80's aesthetic and bright lights do a very good job of disguising it.

• The Deadite, Yinepi and jaljax like this

Kevert
  • Kevert

Isn't criminality exhilarating?

• Members
  • Ireland

Posted 21 August 2017 - 02:10 AM

Hands down Los Santos in V for me. I thought it was going to be a good bit bigger from the screenshots and trailers and overall, it just lacked character. Hardly any interiors to discover left the city far too often feeling empty and lifeless like you were just cruising around hollow boxes. The pedestrians didn't interest me as much as the ones in other games. They ended up feeling bland and unable to really give you a sense of the characters and lifeblood of LA.

I've always maintained that the real reason V's Los Santos is so lackluster compared to cities in previous games was because of the sheer workload put into GTA:O and how that heavily detracted from the overall quality of SP and the level of depth and ambience invested into the city.

A lot of this could have been helped if R* would simply stop locking mission used interiors in free roam though. Being able to access the likes of the Tequi-la-la club and BahamaMamas for a drink or seeing patients in hospitals would certainly help the city feel much more alive.

Liberty City in IV is on another level when it comes to a great example of a living, breathing city with each borough having its own personality. There's a reason it's been rarely mentioned in this thread and the few that have more often lament the colourless grey style than the city itself.

• jaljax likes this

jaljax
  • jaljax

Vice Squad

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 22 August 2017 - 07:44 PM

I kinda get the point of why everyone hates the HD Los Santos... Because it feels way to small. IMO it would have been really good and original if they brought back some islands like they had in the previous Gta's where you would progress through the story and unlock each island because that just feels more original and a lot better.

Then we have Gta 5's map where it's just one big Island lol
  • Kevert likes this

Jammsbro
  • Jammsbro

Pogo 4 life

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 22 August 2017 - 10:59 PM

Liberty. While pretty and impressive looking for the time. It's very, VERY dull. No real imagination put into it and more and more streets and city with very little variation is just boringville.

Vice city. Played it after I played SA and couldn't believe people were reaving about this tiny, day glo, go nowhere piece of mince.

• ten-a-penny and jaljax like this

ExTerminator
  • ExTerminator

Heil Houser!

• Members
  • Iraq

Posted 23 August 2017 - 06:53 AM

San Fierro.

Boring city, pathetic road layout, hideous pedestrians, bland airport, uninteresting gangs, sh*tty weather, sh*tty fog, sh*tty hippies, copy paste buildings everywhere, several important locations missing and no reason to stay there after you complete that storyline arc.

All top-down cities > San Fierro.

Heck, even HD Los Santos is better than San Fierro.

• Yinepi, jaljax and Trooper Fera like this

Algonquin Assassin
  • Algonquin Assassin

In my sights

• Australia
  • Most Obsessive Name Changer 2016 (My unofficial GTAF annual award)
    Biggest Fanboy 2013, 2014, 2015
    Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Member in the OGA 2012

Posted 23 August 2017 - 12:31 PM

Liberty. While pretty and impressive looking for the time. It's very, VERY dull. No real imagination put into it and more and more streets and city with very little variation is just boringville..

I mean yeah it's not like the city it's based on isn't one of the most famous concrete jungles in the world or anything.
  • jaljax likes this

jaljax
  • jaljax

Vice Squad

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 23 August 2017 - 11:57 PM

Liberty. While pretty and impressive looking for the time. It's very, VERY dull. No real imagination put into it and more and more streets and city with very little variation is just boringville.

Vice city. Played it after I played SA and couldn't believe people were reaving about this tiny, day glo, go nowhere piece of mince.

Which Liberty City though? Gta 1,Gta 3, Gta LCS, Gta IV or CTW lol? so many redesigns of the city throughout the series.

Am Shaegar
  • Am Shaegar

Chartered Accountant

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 August 2017 - 06:50 AM

Liberty city (GTA IV) - Besides driving around the city, I don't find anything interesting about it. Also, the first city to discourage a lot of things by placing a number of restrictions from interactions to freedom of movement in the city.

• ten-a-penny likes this

Pedinhuh
  • Pedinhuh

Get down on it!

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 25 August 2017 - 03:20 PM Edited by Pedinhuh, 25 August 2017 - 03:18 PM.

Tie between Liberty City and Las Venturas.

Las Venturas because the layout is poor and overall the city wasn't very well developed IMO.

Liberty City is great but I vote on it because we have revisited this city to the death already.

Liberty city (GTA IV) - Besides driving around the city, I don't find anything interesting about it. Also, the first city to discourage a lot of things by placing a number of restrictions from interactions to freedom of movement in the city.

I'm interested to know what those restrictions are.

There is no landlock like III, there are helicopters to fly everywhere, making all rooftops accessible and you can access most of the interiors that were opened in missions.
  • ten-a-penny likes this

Trooper Fera
  • Trooper Fera

Are you late to the abortion clinic?

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 01 September 2017 - 03:05 AM

Any city set in the State of San Andreas (2d, 3d and HD). I never liked them. 

SA in GTA1 was ok, but kinda meh in it's layout

LS (SA) had no clue what it wanted to be. Way too much of it was gangland, and the artstyle didn't appeal to me. 

SF was just bland. Nothing much to see, besides grey. Also, way too grid based

LV. I don't have much to say, I just don't like it. Way too much of it is the strip. 

LS (V) was terrible. Especially having an independent city in the middle of it didn't help. Not to mention that it feels rather uninspired. 

Davis (V) was a wannabee Ganton. 

• Pedinhuh and Yinepi like this

Neon_Dreaming
  • Neon_Dreaming

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 September 2017 - 01:25 PM

Was never a fan of Vice City, the layout never really appealed to me, the bright colours and hues made it look decent but it wasn't the best city imo.
  • ViceOfLiberty likes this

Pocket Fox
  • Pocket Fox

Kinda Foxy

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 September 2017 - 01:48 PM

Liberty City.

I find it not varied at all.

• ten-a-penny and jaljax like this

SmokesWithCigs
  • SmokesWithCigs

recovering addict

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 September 2017 - 01:18 AM Edited by SmokesWithCigs, 03 September 2017 - 01:20 AM.

Liberty. While pretty and impressive looking for the time. It's very, VERY dull. No real imagination put into it and more and more streets and city with very little variation is just boringville..

I mean yeah it's not like the city it's based on isn't one of the most famous concrete jungles in the world or anything.

can you let people have an opinion with out catching feelings and throwing your two cents in all the time? the thread is about cities that people dislike the most he has a right to his opinion. its just a video game after all.

• ten-a-penny, jaljax and Am Shaegar like this

Algonquin Assassin
  • Algonquin Assassin

In my sights

• Australia
    Best Poster [GTA] 2014

Posted 03 September 2017 - 01:57 AM

can you let people have an opinion with out catching feelings and throwing your two cents in all the time? the thread is about cities that people dislike the most he has a right to his opinion. its just a video game after all.

Why are you getting your panties in a bunch? I never said he doesn't have the right to his opinion.

• theGTAking101 likes this

SmokesWithCigs
  • SmokesWithCigs

recovering addict

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 September 2017 - 09:10 AM

Why are you getting your panties in a bunch? I never said he doesn't have the right to his opinion.

Because its annoying thats why

• jaljax likes this

Algonquin Assassin
  • Algonquin Assassin

In my sights

• Australia
    Best Poster [GTA] 2014

Posted 04 September 2017 - 12:33 PM

Then put me on your ignore list and ignore my posts if you find them annoying.

SmokesWithCigs
  • SmokesWithCigs

recovering addict

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 September 2017 - 03:52 PM

Then put me on your ignore list and ignore my posts if you find them annoying.

no. I will not take the easy road. I believe in you. you can overcome this. :D 

• jaljax likes this

Pedinhuh
  • Pedinhuh

Get down on it!

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 04 September 2017 - 04:00 PM Edited by Pedinhuh, 04 September 2017 - 04:01 PM.

Was never a fan of Vice City, the layout never really appealed to me, the bright colours and hues made it look decent but it wasn't the best city imo.

Specially with that incredibly oversized beach and air base + airport, I mean what the f*ck where they thinking with all that unused space?

Also, the green areas behind the buildings in Downtown VC were also poorly used.
  • Neon_Dreaming, Yinepi and jaljax like this

jaljax
  • jaljax

Vice Squad

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 05 September 2017 - 07:26 PM

I'm surprised no one has mentioned any of the cities from the 2D Universe lol

I find that London & Anywhere city were just flat out boring IMO

Yes they tried to go with a different route of making a city set in the future , but yeah lol nothing too special , it might have been great back in 99, but like i mentioned previously it was just nothing special to me lol.

Ertan Soner
  • Ertan Soner

Thunderstorm

• Members
  • Turkey

Posted 07 September 2017 - 12:30 PM

Los santos(sa)is not that exciting actually. Many people like it but I didn't find it that great, it is just good.
Las venturas>Cazinos, cazinos and cazinos that is it. Nothing interesting to see. Just like it is real life version it is boring. 
San andreas(5)Whole map is just piece of s**t. Empty and boring, probably worst map ever in any gta.

• jaljax likes this

Yinepi
  • Yinepi

Wepwawet Wannabe

• Members
  • Egypt

Posted 13 September 2017 - 04:55 PM

2 and 3 era Vice Cities seemed the worst to me.

Next is V Los Santos and map.

Then GTA3 Liberty City

• jaljax likes this

Hugh-Jazz
  • Hugh-Jazz

Aw man I cannot believe this sh*t!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 September 2017 - 06:15 PM Edited by Hugh-Jazz, 14 September 2017 - 03:20 AM.

V's Los Santos, and maybe Vice City from GTA VC, I honestly prefer the map from VCS because getting around is easier and even that is still kinda lame they made the beach way too big. Should have been extra roads/buildings.

• jaljax likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users