Quantcast

» «
Photo

What Cities Do You Dislike The Most In The Series?

144 replies to this topic
Payne Killer
  • Payne Killer

f*ck you

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 May 2017 - 01:07 PM

HD Los Santos, cheap plastic sh*t with beautiful visuals.
  • Kevert, assCRACK_98, Mr_Rager and 3 others like this

Specterminate
  • Specterminate

RIayer Hater

• Members
  • Italy

Posted 10 May 2017 - 01:36 PM

Honestly V's Los Santos is really generic for me, usually I can easily remember various parts of any city in GTA but no matter how much I play V after 5 minutes that I'm not playing it I completely forget how Los Santos looks like, it just can't stay in my mind.

I mean it looks beautiful and looks incredibly real but... Maybe it looks to real? Like it looks too similar to the actual Los Angeles and so it doesn't have that spark that other cities in the series had where they imitated a certain city but at the same time they tried to give it their own original style and atmosphere? It feels less like a GTA city from a GTA game and more like an actual city where for some reasons the story of a GTA game happens, I just can't get that feeling that other cities in the series given me.

• LincolnClay, DimitriFaustin and jaljax like this

ten-a-penny
  • ten-a-penny

Thunder-Blockhead, this is Raz-Griz 3! Roger that!

• Members
  • Morocco

Posted 10 May 2017 - 03:10 PM

san fierro. the map was dull and it had the most unmemorable missions. as soon as i killed ryder, i had no motivation to stay in san fierro and could not wait to move on to the next map.

sorry ten-a-penny.

c3a45ba805cc3cd0d8594496743b12582110c18b

You obviously have nonexistent imagination. :die:

• SmokesWithCigs and jaljax like this

Queen Elizabeth II
  • Queen Elizabeth II

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 10 May 2017 - 03:26 PM

Honestly V's Los Santos is really generic for me, usually I can easily remember various parts of any city in GTA but no matter how much I play V after 5 minutes that I'm not playing it I completely forget how Los Santos looks like, it just can't stay in my mind.

For me it's the opposite. I can remember every single street just because the city is so small.

I remember that I had huge problem with remembering landmarks in Liberty City.

• Kevert and jaljax like this

Ray's Occult Books
  • Ray's Occult Books

Prankster

• BUSTED!
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 10 May 2017 - 03:38 PM

GTA 5 Los Santos looked great and so did the surrounding areas, however the biggest buzz kill was the total lack of interiors like bars and nightclubs. One strip club and redeck bar was so lame in a much hyped game.
  • Kevert, ten-a-penny, LincolnClay and 1 other like this

ten-a-penny
  • ten-a-penny

Thunder-Blockhead, this is Raz-Griz 3! Roger that!

• Members
  • Morocco

Posted 10 May 2017 - 04:27 PM

I'm not a big fan of interior hype, but I agree. The least thing you could've done was keeping the InHumane Lab open dammit! :angry:

• DimitriFaustin and jaljax like this

EkaSwede
  • EkaSwede

PC Player

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 10 May 2017 - 04:32 PM

GTA 5 Los Santos looked great and so did the surrounding areas, however the biggest buzz kill was the total lack of interiors like bars and nightclubs. One strip club and redeck bar was so lame in a much hyped game.

Don't forget most of Pacific Standard. I like making deposits there from time to time when shoving money into my phone feels boring.

• DimitriFaustin and jaljax like this

jaljax
  • jaljax

Vice Squad

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 11 May 2017 - 02:02 AM

I though San Andreas state in HD (Gta V) was okay to some perspective, but it felt way too small & crowded ... I'd rather go back to LC, ya it's been overused so many times , but i'd like to go back there one more time. 

It just felt a lot more bigger than Los Santo's & a lot more alive.

• ten-a-penny, LincolnClay and The American Army 1775 like this

Queen Elizabeth II
  • Queen Elizabeth II

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 11 May 2017 - 09:09 AM Edited by Queen Elizabeth II, 11 May 2017 - 09:09 AM.

If only it (HD SA) didn't have such a ridiculous shape..

• ten-a-penny, LincolnClay and jaljax like this

jaljax
  • jaljax

Vice Squad

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 11 May 2017 - 12:05 PM

If only it (HD SA) didn't have such a ridiculous shape..

Exactly

Ghost Pulaski
  • Ghost Pulaski

Pulaski's Ghost

• Members
  • Red-Cross

Posted 11 May 2017 - 12:08 PM

Not really a city, but I dislike the map in GTA V a lot. I can't exactly explain why, but after playing this game for a couple of hours I just felt like the map was boring as hell.

• The American Army 1775, jaljax and Gion like this

jaljax
  • jaljax

Vice Squad

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 11 May 2017 - 12:13 PM

Not really a city, but I dislike the map in GTA V a lot. I can't exactly explain why, but after playing this game for a couple of hours I just felt like the map was boring as hell.

Ya I agree with your point.. I find its the most boring map in the series.

Played the game for about a hour on the original release date and it seemed like I already explored most of the map.

SilentSeas
  • SilentSeas

Formerly 02fishera

• Members
  • England

Posted 11 May 2017 - 04:34 PM

I'd have to say that both portrayals of Los Santos are tied for my least favourite city in the series. I'm not a fan of LA-based settings in general, the city and vibe just doesn't do anything for me and the fact that it's overused probably doesn't help either.

• Algonquin Assassin, LincolnClay and jaljax like this

The American Army 1775
  • The American Army 1775

Joseph Stalin

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 May 2017 - 04:48 PM Edited by DIze, 11 May 2017 - 04:49 PM.

And also, after playing GTA V a few minutes, I felt like San Andreas' Los Santos was bigger than V's.

HD LS is not totally a blurr for HD Era, but for the whole GTA Series.

Spoiler
  • LincolnClay and jaljax like this

jaljax
  • jaljax

Vice Squad

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 11 May 2017 - 09:10 PM

And also, after playing GTA V a few minutes, I felt like San Andreas' Los Santos was bigger than V's.

Spoiler

Exactly lol, 3D Era San Andreas felt like it was much more bigger then HD San Andreas

• LincolnClay and The American Army 1775 like this

LincolnClay
  • LincolnClay

F*ck Take Two Interactive...

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 12 May 2017 - 06:40 AM

Spoiler

Exactly lol, 3D Era San Andreas felt like it was much more bigger then HD San Andreas
Both renditions of LS suck...IMO.

Doesn't do the actual size of the city any justice. In GTA V, it's nowhere near the size of LA. I'm not saying it should be 100% correct, but it's just way too small to be LA. All you have to do is look at a map of GTA V and you'll notice the small city compared to the large amount of unused countryside.
  • assCRACK_98, ten-a-penny, The American Army 1775 and 1 other like this

jaljax
  • jaljax

Vice Squad

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 12 May 2017 - 08:23 PM

Spoiler

Doesn't do the actual size of the city any justice. In GTA V, it's nowhere near the size of LA. I'm not saying it should be 100% correct, but it's just way too small to be LA. All you have to do is look at a map of GTA V and you'll notice the small city compared to the large amount of unused countrysid

Spoiler

Doesn't do the actual size of the city any justice. In GTA V, it's nowhere near the size of LA. I'm not saying it should be 100% correct, but it's just way too small to be LA. All you have to do is look at a map of GTA V and you'll notice the small city compared to the large amount of unused countryside.

3D San Andreas was okay, i understand what you are trying to say though... It had some downs like that annoying orange effect in the game for a example (Later fixed in remastered) 

City i like the most though is Vice City particularly because of the time setting in both games and the bright pastel colors that gave those two games the 80's feeling.

Yes it's a small map/city & it has it's ups and downs like how they could've made the map a bit bigger then just leaving huge empty areas like the beach , but that's also what gave it that Miami Vibe & also made sense though ...

Btw i'm liking all of these opinions  :^: their all great & so true .

R3D-RAB1T
  • R3D-RAB1T

Crackhead

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 June 2017 - 03:25 AM Edited by R3D-RAB1T, 13 June 2017 - 03:25 AM.

San Fierro, Las Vanturas, Vice City were only featuered once so cant say for them(they were alright), Liberty City from 4 i like, might not have the crowded streets like real NYC but its a good fake city, Los Santos...San Andreas version is better i think, mainly because 5s Los Santos is full of hipsters, the gang life thing just didnt feel right, the over done cliches just got annoying, in San Andreas they had a riot and some how it felt more alive than 5s LS
  • Kevert and jaljax like this

Tao Cheng
  • Tao Cheng

Man I'm fuuuucked up!

• Members
  • China

Posted 13 June 2017 - 07:24 AM

Grand Theft Auto: Textile City

• jaljax likes this

Letus
  • Letus

Soldier

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 June 2017 - 05:03 PM

I dislike GTA 5 map much. It doesn't have many cool interiors, like you could go nightclubs, internet cafes, many bars, could go into random houses clubhouses and most importantly, bowling alley, you can't go bowling no more... I miss those bowlings days too though, like someone calls you, for example Roman and asks you out to go bowling. And also of course, restaurants, like, fast food restaurants any restaurant. Like, really big map, but not enough interiors.

• Algonquin Assassin, Kevert and jaljax like this

jaljax
  • jaljax

Vice Squad

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 14 June 2017 - 04:44 PM

I dislike GTA 5 map much. It doesn't have many cool interiors, like you could go nightclubs, internet cafes, many bars, could go into random houses clubhouses and most importantly, bowling alley, you can't go bowling no more... I miss those bowlings days too though, like someone calls you, for example Roman and asks you out to go bowling. And also of course, restaurants, like, fast food restaurants any restaurant. Like, really big map, but not enough interiors.

Yeah not a lot of interiors at all... Gta IV had a lot more interiors & Gta V's map is just boring and feels way too small .

it would be nice if there was nightclubs and a lot more interiors , but all we got was a small map with a dumb shape to it with less interiors aswell...

LibertyKing
  • LibertyKing

I occasionally make maps.

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 14 June 2017 - 05:39 PM

I gotta say, reading through this topic, I really don't understand the hatred for GTA V's map. It is exactly the type of map I like. Maybe from a game perspective, it's not so good but as a city in a videogame, it's really good in my opinion. Almost every single structure form this game is based on a real one. I don't know which one would be my least favorite, they all have their thing. Well, I do buy some games (many, in fact) just to drive around/explore maps and never actually play the game (for instance, Midnight Club LA, GTA 3, VC, SA, LCS, I've never finished a 3D era GTA game lol). Anyway, this is the first time in years that I post outside the Mapmaking topic so I gotta go back.

• theGTAking101, ten-a-penny, DimitriFaustin and 1 other like this

Biira99
  • Biira99

Queen bee

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 June 2017 - 06:34 PM

I think it's quite unfair for cities that didn't have their rendition in HD era yet (or for some, even 3D era). So... following that thought, I don't like Anywhere City the most. But that's only based on available tech, back when it was featured in GTA2 (and I know some people like that view style, which is fine, and I strongly believe if R* were to feature that city with current tech, it could be groundbreaking). Now from 3D era, that would have to be San Fierro. In my opinion, the most generic of the 3D era cities, and the one I wasn't visiting much compared to others. In HD era we only have LC and LS, and I find both the state of the art (I'm not trying to say how accurate they are, cause I've never been to NYC or LA, but I appreciate the amount of detail put on both maps).

• jaljax likes this

Pavle
  • Pavle

The Prodigal Son

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Serbia
  • Best Crew 2016 [The Daily Globe]
    Shania Twain Superfan
    Biggest Profile Stalker 2014
    April Fools Winner 2015
    Best General Topic 2015 [GTAForums Newbie Guide 2.0]
    Best Serb 2015
    Doggo-Chop Winner 2016
    14K Doggo/Catto-Chop Winner 2017

Posted 19 June 2017 - 02:06 PM

I don't really dislike any of them. Just like some more than the other, but most are on my good side. The one I'll choose for this thread is V's LS. When they showcased it in summer 2013 in the gameplay trailer, I was like "WOOAHH huge map and sh*t". I was a bit disappointed. The map is fairly big. But in my opinion, they didn't focus on the city itself, but on everything else. City is very small. You can walk trough it in-game. Boring buildings, boring peds, etc.

• Algonquin Assassin, Kevert, assCRACK_98 and 2 others like this

CGFforLife
  • CGFforLife

Grand Theft Auto V: A huge improvement over snore (IV)

• Members
  • Indonesia

Posted 24 June 2017 - 11:36 PM Edited by CGFforLife, 24 June 2017 - 11:37 PM.

Concrete Jungle (Liberty City HD) in GTA IV (i still like the alleyway though)
Vice city (Being to small) in GTA VC

R* actually fix my problem in GTA V with the massive, detailed and bigger san andreas

I also liked how its hard to remember the map
  • jaljax likes this

JF Prodigy
  • JF Prodigy

A dance with the Devil might last you forever.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 09 July 2017 - 02:45 PM

Los Santos is like one of those stereotypical celebrities - looks nice on the outside but when you get to know it, suddenly you realize what a total arsehole it truly is.

Extra props to R* for making the city a localized vision of who/what they parody.

• jaljax likes this

Great Britain
  • Great Britain

Dieu et mon droit

• Facade
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 09 July 2017 - 02:55 PM

Concrete Jungle (Liberty City HD) in GTA IV (i still like the alleyway though)

:angry:

• jaljax likes this

SmokesWithCigs
  • SmokesWithCigs

recovering addict

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 July 2017 - 10:31 AM

los santos.

sunny, dull, bright and boring as fk.

Fixed.
watch your mouth too

I agree , LC was grey,dark, & depressing , but it was also a really good setting for Gta 3 & LCS .. I don't really find Gta IV's LC dark or depressing though.
yeah gtamIVs lc is brown and sh*tty
  • jaljax likes this

ntszfung
  • ntszfung

Player Hater

• Members
  • Hong-Kong

Posted 18 August 2017 - 01:42 PM

people hate V , so they hate HD LS

But seriously who decided to put the big mountain in the map which is really pointless

• ten-a-penny and jaljax like this

ViceOfLiberty
  • ViceOfLiberty

Prankster

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 18 August 2017 - 02:42 PM

Best - Both Liberty Cities

Worst - San Fierro and Vice City 

I'm from Florida and Miami is a pretty boring ugly place to begin with. Without the 80's scarface vibe it would suck on any level of design. 

• jaljax likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users