Quantcast

» «
Photo

What Cities Do You Dislike The Most In The Series?

106 replies to this topic
Payne Killer
  • Payne Killer

The Pills That Kill And Take The Pain Away

• Members
  • None

Posted 2 weeks ago

HD Los Santos, cheap plastic sh*t with beautiful visuals.
  • Roger Cheeto, Mister Leone, LincolnClay and 2 others like this

Specterminate
  • Specterminate

RIayer Hater

• Members
  • Italy

Posted 2 weeks ago

Honestly V's Los Santos is really generic for me, usually I can easily remember various parts of any city in GTA but no matter how much I play V after 5 minutes that I'm not playing it I completely forget how Los Santos looks like, it just can't stay in my mind.

I mean it looks beautiful and looks incredibly real but... Maybe it looks to real? Like it looks too similar to the actual Los Angeles and so it doesn't have that spark that other cities in the series had where they imitated a certain city but at the same time they tried to give it their own original style and atmosphere? It feels less like a GTA city from a GTA game and more like an actual city where for some reasons the story of a GTA game happens, I just can't get that feeling that other cities in the series given me.

• LincolnClay, DimitriFaustin and jaljax like this

ten-a-penny
  • ten-a-penny

Hardass Tomboy(tm)

• Members
  • Morocco

Posted 2 weeks ago

san fierro. the map was dull and it had the most unmemorable missions. as soon as i killed ryder, i had no motivation to stay in san fierro and could not wait to move on to the next map.

sorry ten-a-penny.

c3a45ba805cc3cd0d8594496743b12582110c18b

You obviously have nonexistent imagination. :die:

• jaljax likes this

Queen Elizabeth II
  • Queen Elizabeth II

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 2 weeks ago

Honestly V's Los Santos is really generic for me, usually I can easily remember various parts of any city in GTA but no matter how much I play V after 5 minutes that I'm not playing it I completely forget how Los Santos looks like, it just can't stay in my mind.

For me it's the opposite. I can remember every single street just because the city is so small.

I remember that I had huge problem with remembering landmarks in Liberty City.

• jaljax likes this

Ray's Occult Books
  • Ray's Occult Books

Snitch

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 2 weeks ago

GTA 5 Los Santos looked great and so did the surrounding areas, however the biggest buzz kill was the total lack of interiors like bars and nightclubs. One strip club and redeck bar was so lame in a much hyped game.
  • ten-a-penny, LincolnClay and jaljax like this

ten-a-penny
  • ten-a-penny

Hardass Tomboy(tm)

• Members
  • Morocco

Posted 2 weeks ago

I'm not a big fan of interior hype, but I agree. The least thing you could've done was keeping the InHumane Lab open dammit! :angry:

• DimitriFaustin likes this

EkaSwede
  • EkaSwede

PC Player

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 2 weeks ago

GTA 5 Los Santos looked great and so did the surrounding areas, however the biggest buzz kill was the total lack of interiors like bars and nightclubs. One strip club and redeck bar was so lame in a much hyped game.

Don't forget most of Pacific Standard. I like making deposits there from time to time when shoving money into my phone feels boring.

• DimitriFaustin and jaljax like this

jaljax
  • jaljax

Vice Squad

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 2 weeks ago

I though San Andreas state in HD (Gta V) was okay to some perspective, but it felt way too small & crowded ... I'd rather go back to LC, ya it's been overused so many times , but i'd like to go back there one more time. 

It just felt a lot more bigger than Los Santo's & a lot more alive.

• LincolnClay and The American Army 1775 like this

Queen Elizabeth II
  • Queen Elizabeth II

• Members
  • Poland

Posted A week ago Edited by Queen Elizabeth II, A week ago.

If only it (HD SA) didn't have such a ridiculous shape..

• LincolnClay likes this

jaljax
  • jaljax

Vice Squad

• Members
  • Canada

Posted A week ago

If only it (HD SA) didn't have such a ridiculous shape..

Exactly

Ghost Pulaski
  • Ghost Pulaski

Pulaski's Ghost

• Members
  • Red-Cross

Posted A week ago

Not really a city, but I dislike the map in GTA V a lot. I can't exactly explain why, but after playing this game for a couple of hours I just felt like the map was boring as hell.

• The American Army 1775, jaljax and Gion like this

jaljax
  • jaljax

Vice Squad

• Members
  • Canada

Posted A week ago

Not really a city, but I dislike the map in GTA V a lot. I can't exactly explain why, but after playing this game for a couple of hours I just felt like the map was boring as hell.

Ya I agree with your point.. I find its the most boring map in the series.

Played the game for about a hour on the original release date and it seemed like I already explored most of the map.

SilentSeas
  • SilentSeas

Formerly 02fishera

• Members
  • England

Posted A week ago

I'd have to say that both portrayals of Los Santos are tied for my least favourite city in the series. I'm not a fan of LA-based settings in general, the city and vibe just doesn't do anything for me and the fact that it's overused probably doesn't help either.

• MiamiViceCity, LincolnClay and jaljax like this

The American Army 1775
  • The American Army 1775

The Protectors

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A week ago Edited by DIze, A week ago.

And also, after playing GTA V a few minutes, I felt like San Andreas' Los Santos was bigger than V's.

HD LS is not totally a blurr for HD Era, but for the whole GTA Series.

Spoiler
  • LincolnClay and jaljax like this

jaljax
  • jaljax

Vice Squad

• Members
  • Canada

Posted A week ago

And also, after playing GTA V a few minutes, I felt like San Andreas' Los Santos was bigger than V's.

Spoiler

Exactly lol, 3D Era San Andreas felt like it was much more bigger then HD San Andreas

• LincolnClay and The American Army 1775 like this

LincolnClay
  • LincolnClay

New Bordeaux 1968

• Members
  • Australia

Posted A week ago

Spoiler

Exactly lol, 3D Era San Andreas felt like it was much more bigger then HD San Andreas
Both renditions of LS suck...IMO.

Doesn't do the actual size of the city any justice. In GTA V, it's nowhere near the size of LA. I'm not saying it should be 100% correct, but it's just way too small to be LA. All you have to do is look at a map of GTA V and you'll notice the small city compared to the large amount of unused countryside.
  • Roger Cheeto, The American Army 1775 and jaljax like this

jaljax
  • jaljax

Vice Squad

• Members
  • Canada

Posted A week ago

Spoiler

Doesn't do the actual size of the city any justice. In GTA V, it's nowhere near the size of LA. I'm not saying it should be 100% correct, but it's just way too small to be LA. All you have to do is look at a map of GTA V and you'll notice the small city compared to the large amount of unused countrysid

Spoiler

Doesn't do the actual size of the city any justice. In GTA V, it's nowhere near the size of LA. I'm not saying it should be 100% correct, but it's just way too small to be LA. All you have to do is look at a map of GTA V and you'll notice the small city compared to the large amount of unused countryside.

3D San Andreas was okay, i understand what you are trying to say though... It had some downs like that annoying orange effect in the game for a example (Later fixed in remastered) 

City i like the most though is Vice City particularly because of the time setting in both games and the bright pastel colors that gave those two games the 80's feeling.

Yes it's a small map/city & it has it's ups and downs like how they could've made the map a bit bigger then just leaving huge empty areas like the beach , but that's also what gave it that Miami Vibe & also made sense though ...

Btw i'm liking all of these opinions  :^: their all great & so true .

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users