Quantcast

» «
Photo

Chain game save?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

Best Answer OrionSR, 4 weeks ago

Yeah, SnP is enabling the flags. I'm not sure what to think about this conversion strategy. It's certainly handy as a repair tool if a save's IPL flags are out of whack, but it's not quite a conversion. But you shouldn't be manipulating CG IPL flags with SnP anyway. As I mentioned, there are custom settings in CG saves to manage v1 and v2. I could remove the unnecessary v2 flags for you but they won't hurt anything. We've played dozens of rounds with hybrid IPL flags without any issues.

Go to the full post

7 replies to this topic
Ya Tze Un
  • Ya Tze Un

Player Hater

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 4 weeks ago

I just downloaded the chain game save and it says barriers do not appear, but I went to the bridges and they are there...

Is this a bug? (I set all settings on gtasnp to v1)

lil weasel
  • lil weasel

Shoot Looters, Hang Pirates!

• GTA Series Staff
  • United-States
  • Contribution Award [San Andreas]

Posted 4 weeks ago

To complicate matters:

IS the game you bought and installed the DVD v1 game, the DVD v2 game, or the STEAM registered Down Loaded Game (v3 which uses v2 saves).

IF you "Downgraded" either the DVD v2 or STEAM registered Down Load game to Version One, Your Game is NOT a version one.

The "Downgrader" only allows the Version One Modifications to be used on the Version 2/3 games,

IF you have a Stolen (Torrent/Warez/Pirated) Game we cannot help, as it could be any version (and might even have missing or corrupted  files).

Look to the bottom right of the main menu screen for a version number

Ya Tze Un
  • Ya Tze Un

Player Hater

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 4 weeks ago

I have bought a second hand V1 game which I copied to another disc, after it got badly scratched (but was still readable)

There is no version number in the screen, indicating it's V1.

It's most likely a save problem, not a game problem.

lil weasel
  • lil weasel

Shoot Looters, Hang Pirates!

• GTA Series Staff
  • United-States
  • Contribution Award [San Andreas]

Posted 4 weeks ago

If this is the Chain Game you downloaded:

The Chain Game - Round 117

Barriers do not appear. Any v1 or v2 player can complete the missions "Green Sabre", "Are You going to San Fierro?" and "Yay Ka-Boom-Boom".

is the first time I have seen this in the Chain Game.

Hopefully either JAJ or ORION Sr can help.

OrionSR
  • OrionSR

Chain Game Development Team

• Feroci
  • None
  • Helpfulness Award [GTA & Modding]

Posted 4 weeks ago

Try downloading it again but this time only convert the script version. A v2 file ID is ignored by the v1 engine, and the Chain Game saves have a unique set of IPL flags designed to be useful to both v1 and v2. 

I suspect that SnP set the appropriate IPL flags based on the current game progress. I'll try to recreate your glitch and discuss the issue with Samutz.

Or. if CJ starts a new game at the airport then there's a problem with save compatibility. Sometimes the game crashes, other times it simply starts a new game. The starting position for the Chain Game saves is basically the same as normal but without the airport intro and ride with Tenpenny. CJ should be standing in the Alley in Jefferson wearing non-standard clothing and X-ray glasses.

Ya Tze Un
  • Ya Tze Un

Player Hater

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 4 weeks ago

CJ spawns in the alley with those clothing and everything spawns like normal, but the barriers appear.

Cars drive trough them however, and sometimes get stuck.

I'll try downloading it again later today

OrionSR
  • OrionSR

Chain Game Development Team

• Feroci
  • None
  • Helpfulness Award [GTA & Modding]

Posted 4 weeks ago   Best Answer

Yeah, SnP is enabling the flags. I'm not sure what to think about this conversion strategy. It's certainly handy as a repair tool if a save's IPL flags are out of whack, but it's not quite a conversion. But you shouldn't be manipulating CG IPL flags with SnP anyway. As I mentioned, there are custom settings in CG saves to manage v1 and v2. I could remove the unnecessary v2 flags for you but they won't hurt anything. We've played dozens of rounds with hybrid IPL flags without any issues.

Ya Tze Un
  • Ya Tze Un

Player Hater

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 4 weeks ago

It works now, thanks a lot!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users