Quantcast

» «
Photo

Method to reduce money lost when sourcing and delivering vehicles.

4 replies to this topic
AFKMugger
  • AFKMugger

Player Hater

• Members
  • Israel

Posted 3 weeks ago

I'm sure that this is common knowledge for the veterans of GTA online. My friend didn't know so I hope that this can help a few people save some cash.

Ever notice that NPC cars tend to merge or turn right as you overtake them? Yep that sucks, pretty bad crash and a few thousand down the drain.

If you make micro adjustments to your steering you'll throw off the "f*ck you over" algorithm and make it a lot easier to get from point to point without taking damage. I also find that I can occasionally manipulate enemy spawns by adjusting my trajectory to make it seem that I'm turning off onto a different road and turning back at the last second.
  • IamCourtney and Faggio S like this

size_m
  • size_m

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 3 weeks ago

or cargobob

Nihilist.
  • Nihilist.

Highway Star

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 3 weeks ago Edited by Nihilist., 3 weeks ago.

If I may ask, how does six sentences, with four of them serving as the introduction, classify as a guide? It's just a vague tip, which explains nothing and does not provide any actual help. Similarly to many other threads plaguing this board, which spread misinformation, if anything. And look, as I always say, I appreciate you try to contribute to the community and help others, but the least you could have done is to actually do some research, test theoretical ideas in practice and then share your conclusions with us. That would be helpful. This is not.

If you make micro adjustments to your steering you'll throw off the "f*ck you over" algorithm and make it a lot easier to get from point to point without taking damage.

There's no such algorithm, it's just poorly coded NPC behaviour. If you don't want to damage your vehicle, or limit damage to minimum, you have three options:

1. Get a Cargobob.

2. Camp in a safe spot, like an alley way, and kill enemies chasing you. Then drive to your destination safely.

3. Keep safe distance from NPC vehicles being prepared they can begin to panic anytime.

"Micro adjustments" mean nothing. I could say "if you don't want to crash, drive slower", and that'd be equally helpful.

The most important thing, though, is collisions should be the least of your problems related to I/E missions. It's enemies who damage your cars he most, and every bullet costs you precious money. And here we come to the second, and last sentence of your guide:

I also find that I can occasionally manipulate enemy spawns by adjusting my trajectory to make it seem that I'm turning off onto a different road and turning back at the last second.

That makes sense in theory, however depends on the car you're driving. Good luck outrunning Banshees and Sultans, or a helicopter with a Roosevelt Valor. Also, manipulating enemy spawns requires prior knowledge of "common" enemy spawn points, and furthermore, this technique can be used pretty much only near your warehouse, since that's the only constant in your missions. Every route is different, and enemies will spawn either way close to you, sooner or later. And note the bolded word - that's the most important thing.

Lastly, it's obvious you lose some speed while cornering, thus making the delivery longer, and allowing enemies to catch up. Oh, and of course when they do, you're going to have to deal wit panicking NPC drivers. That's certainly something you'd want to avoid.

You know what kind of a guide would be helpful? Something like this, or this, or this, and this. There also was a nifty little map showing the perfect camp spot north from La Mesa warehouse, which should be known by everyone at this point. I would welcome a guide showing other places to fight incoming enemies if you own a different garage, or comparison of times and money loses related to certain ways of delivering vehicles (with a 'Bob, conventionally by outrunning enemies, and by killing them from a safe spot). That's something I could applaud.

Does Import/Export require such detailed explanations, since how random it is? No. Think about it - you take a car, drive it straight to your destination and deliver it. That's all there is to it. Nonetheless, a properly researched guide, general thoughts or raw research itself, are always good things, and I strongly support people who want to create them for the community. If you have anything to share with us, which could be helpful, then go on, I'll gladly read it. But two vague sentences are like a drag race all these imbecile YouTubers use to "test" vehicles.

• Classique likes this

AFKMugger
  • AFKMugger

Player Hater

• Members
  • Israel

Posted 3 weeks ago Edited by AFKMugger, 3 weeks ago.

^
Calm down buddy. Wiggling the left analog stick has saved me from a ton of crashes. It also works w/ avoiding head on collisions with police.

derek0514
  • derek0514

Hustler

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A week ago Edited by derek0514, A week ago.

Why don't you use the Bob? Can't imagine doing this without one.

I fly to source location in Bob. Call up Karuna, take them out. Pickup car w Bob being careful not move it any distance which would trigger attackers before pickup, deliver to warehouse.

Only source missions do without Bob are where follow the gangster car to source location or the bomb one where u have to maintain certain speed. These missions do not trigger NPC attackers unless foul up on follow mission if u pass gangster car while tailing.

This is no guide some do not appear to even know how execute auto export. Don't tell me your doing sell missions trying drive them to sales location lol. Bob makes this a slam dunk.......

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users