Manual gear shifter using R1 to up shift an L1 to down shift

9 replies to this topic
Fearanoma
  • Fearanoma

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 4 weeks ago

i would love to see this happen. 1 it would be easier to drift an drive in my (opinion) Ive been wanting this is a GTA game for a LONG TIME!!! I dont know how other players feel about this, but i would REALLY like this to happen. I dont know why this has not happen or been an option in your controls. Hoping other may agree, thank you Rockstar

Big Molio
  • Big Molio

Oop North

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 3 weeks ago

It would end up being too fiddly.

LaBombaRomba
  • LaBombaRomba

Straya. "Fear denies faith", ⌐■_■

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 3 weeks ago

Sure, as long as it isn't forced for the people that aren't necessarily into cars.

It would end up being too fiddly.

Don't see why it would work if it was toggle-able. Don't get me wrong, it would make shooting weird on a controller, but it would be cool when we aren't doing criminal-ly sh*t and just cruising, drifting, or racing.

Queen Elizabeth II
  • Queen Elizabeth II

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 3 weeks ago

Mafia 1 had manual gear shifter. But cars were slow and it was okay. With fast vehicles in GTA it wouldn't be so great.

But why not?

*DERGaming
  • *DERGaming

I am back

• Members
  • United-States
  • Ban Roulette Winner 2016

Posted 3 weeks ago

I think that could work as an option in the settings but I don't know about it being a main feature.

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

THAT'S NOT THE PROBLEM, WILLY!

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Conversion 2016 [GTA: Underground] [Contribution]
    Best Workshop 2014
    Most Improved 2014
    Funniest Member 2014
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 3 weeks ago

Funny because I made a thread about this a while ago and people hated the idea.

mariana_dm1989
  • mariana_dm1989

Mari

• Members

Posted 3 weeks ago Edited by mariana_dm1989, 3 weeks ago.

It would be okay for vehicles whose real life counterparts are manual. But rockstar should do it in a way that would be more fun. I think using r1 and l1 would be too boring and plain. Maybe using the right analogue stick would be better. It would be fun to move the right analogue stick in the proper sequence of movements to resemble real- life gear shifting.

Racecarlock
  • Racecarlock

The floor here will kill you, try to avoid it.

• Members

Posted 3 weeks ago

It would be okay for vehicles whose real life counterparts are manual. But rockstar should do it in a way that would be more fun. I think using r1 and l1 would be too boring and plain. Maybe using the right analogue stick would be better. It would be fun to move the right analogue stick in the proper sequence of movements to resemble real- life gear shifting.

Right analog stick controls the camera, and as yahtzee said in his epic mickey review, in third person games, the camera is like the working class, if you can't control it, it will plot to destroy you.

mariana_dm1989
  • mariana_dm1989

Mari

• Members

Posted 3 weeks ago

Right analog stick controls the camera, and as yahtzee said in his epic mickey review, in third person games, the camera is like the working class, if you can't control it, it will plot to destroy you.

Yeah but maybe they could have the right stick shift gears if, for example, the player is holding down a certain button to simulate real-life simultaneous clutch and gear shifting. While this "clutch button" is not being pressed then right stick can control camera

Racecarlock
  • Racecarlock

The floor here will kill you, try to avoid it.

• Members

Posted 3 weeks ago

Yeah but maybe they could have the right stick shift gears if, for example, the player is holding down a certain button to simulate real-life simultaneous clutch and gear shifting. While this "clutch button" is not being pressed then right stick can control camera

But even in those moments, you'd still have to deal with a wild and unfettered camera that has nothing but scorn for your desire to look at things.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users