283 replies to this topic
fw3
  • fw3

I SMELL FISH!

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Topic Creator 2016
    Contribution Award [GTAO]

Posted 24 April 2017 - 11:46 AM Edited by fw3, 24 April 2017 - 11:50 AM.

Our good forum friend, vnus_dmlo presented an interesting thread recently, called judging people on their clothes, which I found to be a fascinating social examination regarding the way we all share the same enthusiasm and passion for GTAO, yet when we play, we often perceive others in a harsh light. Something as simple as a monkey mask or combat outfit can trigger a reaction from other players.

So, with vnus_dmlo's permission and encouragement, I offered to help continue the idea as a series, asking the same question but with a new context to the concept, keeping to the exact same presentation offered in the original thread.

For this thread, the topic is Judging People on their Cars.

When I see another player I look at a couple things to get a judge of their character 

1. Level
2. Status
3. Clothing
and 4. Their car:

One's car can define every facet of what they're about –
Their culture, taste, aesthetic, intelligence, interests, age, etc.

What patterns have you noticed in people's car choices and ingame behaviour? (typical griefing cars, etc) 
do you judge people based on their cars? if so what vehicles do you view most favourably and least?

Have you ever murdered someone based purely on their vehicle choice?
(eg. a Zentorno backing up toward you or an Insurgent coming in with the intent to run you down.)

What are the worst cars you've ever seen in GTAO and what did they say about the player?

Lemme know down below.

Cheers,

vnum_dmlo & fw3

03KzjJt-0EKpe8_znaGy0A_0_0.jpg
  • livejoker, vnus_dmlo, Solid Scorpion and 13 others like this

FaultyDroid
  • FaultyDroid

Not the one you're looking for

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 24 April 2017 - 11:49 AM

Chrome. That is all.
  • Solid Scorpion, ten-a-penny, fw3 and 8 others like this

_47_
  • _47_

Fighter Pilot

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 April 2017 - 11:53 AM Edited by 4N0M4LY, 24 April 2017 - 11:57 AM.

I don't judge people on cars or clothes. I don't give a damn what kind of car you drive. I don't think too much on anyone's tastes or choices, just be you. Who really cares lol.

• livejoker, sasuke78200, ten-a-penny and 14 others like this

Professional Amateur
  • Professional Amateur

Rustled Jimmies

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 24 April 2017 - 11:55 AM

Armoured Kuruma= instant destruction

Dollar sign rims= instant destruction

Chrome= instant destruction

Gold= instant destruction

Whitewalls= instant destruction

All of these at once= instant destruction+contemplation of life choices leading up to this moment. Is it worth it anymore?

Zentorno= probable destruction

Tastefully modified car which blends colours nicely and utilises an excellent choice in rims= a nod and a "Nice." This occasion is unfortunately very rare, however

• V4S, livejoker, Solid Scorpion and 19 others like this

ragedandcaged
  • ragedandcaged

CHECK YO SELF

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 April 2017 - 12:03 PM

Matte black Insurgent and DOD.

Cuz I prefer the lethal look
  • Solid Scorpion, ten-a-penny, fw3 and 4 others like this

Big Molio
  • Big Molio

Oop North

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 24 April 2017 - 12:05 PM

If you spot a badly driven lime green Zentorno with red secondary colours, blue underlights, yellow wheels and whitewall tyres, that will be my lad probably.

Matte black Insurgent and DOD.

Cuz I prefer the lethal look

All my cars are matte black ha ha

Apart from my Nero Custom, which is in tasteful white and grey with Bilgeco racing livery.

• fw3 likes this

ragedandcaged
  • ragedandcaged

CHECK YO SELF

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 April 2017 - 12:06 PM

Not all my cars are matte black. But most have black and red

DEADPOOL
  • fw3, KWF1981 and Big Molio like this

Milesinho
  • Milesinho

Playa

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 24 April 2017 - 12:22 PM

All of these at once= instant destruction+contemplation of life choices leading up to this moment. Is it worth it anymore?

Tastefully modified car which blends colours nicely and utilises an excellent choice in rims= a nod and a "Nice." This occasion is unfortunately very rare, however

Can't agree with the whitewalls thing – some cars demand them!

Kurumas deserve an instant and deadly response. Also, pretty much every hypercar in the game. Kids with no imagination who just have to drive the most expensive thing they can get. Extra disrespect when it has (as they invariably do) a hideous colour scheme and (gulp) under glow! Kill them. Kill them all.

• Arrows to Athens, update_lsc, Professional Amateur and 1 other like this

eyman
  • eyman

Nothing Special

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 April 2017 - 12:30 PM Edited by eyman, 24 April 2017 - 12:33 PM.

POPULAR

Sometimes there is nothing to judge.

original.gif

jokes aside, How can you trust someone with dollar rims?.

• livejoker, Mattoropael, Carrythxd and 47 others like this

AndreasDuke
  • AndreasDuke

Tell me your story

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 24 April 2017 - 12:31 PM

If I see someone in an insurgent I instantly assume they are nice people, well unless they are coming after me.
  • fw3, LaCucaRacha and secrecy274 like this

Blank Mirror
  • Blank Mirror

never reflect

• Members
  • Hong-Kong

Posted 24 April 2017 - 12:32 PM

It's hard to argue about aesthetics with people who haven't had the opportunity to develop a cultivated perception on the matter.

But one should never judge people based on personal aspects since for the most part, we all are merely slaves of our own realities.

The control one might believe to possess is a deception. The paths we walk or decisions we make can largely be accounted for by sheer coincidence.

However, it is to be noted that certain visual choices do seem to be strikingly prominent in the aesthetically less cultivated.

Comprehensive analytical research could certainly be used to generate generalised groups, combining both visual choices and certain indicative statistics regarding behaviour. It seems however very doubtful that any of its partcipants would benefit in any way from the conclusions such research would produce.

• vnus_dmlo, brose_sfr, fw3 and 5 others like this

scaldy78
  • scaldy78

Homie

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 April 2017 - 12:40 PM

Sometimes there is nothing to judge.

original.gif

jokes aside, How can you trust someone with dollar rims?.

Even if it's a Kalahari with dollar rims?
My wife made this with her character and I gotta admit, I love it lol.
  • eyman, fw3, Darth Absentis and 1 other like this

Coleco
  • Coleco

Shut up and dance you FOOLS

• Members
  • Wales

Posted 24 April 2017 - 12:42 PM

People don't think I'm much of a threat with my lack of swag.

XLuREg0.jpg

But the truth is i'm overworked, underpaid, disenfranchised and very, very angry inside ;)

At the very least expect me to scratch your car if you ride around in a 420-themed Zentorno

• Mister Pink, Jimbatron, Carrythxd and 23 others like this

Hécate-II
  • Hécate-II

Real Money

• Members
  • France

Posted 24 April 2017 - 12:48 PM

Most of my cars have this scheme: black patent and tinted glasses, High End wheels(LozspeedTen my fav'). I don't like eccentricity. 

Spoiler

• fw3 and Dream-_-Traveler like this

Professional Amateur
  • Professional Amateur

Rustled Jimmies

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 24 April 2017 - 12:50 PM

Kurumas deserve an instant and deadly response. Also, pretty much every hypercar in the game. Kids with no imagination who just have to drive the most expensive thing they can get. Extra disrespect when it has (as they invariably do) a hideous colour scheme and (gulp) under glow! Kill them. Kill them all.

I should've rephrased that one. I don't mind whitewalls on some of the classics, but they've been forever tainted by their extreme use on Armoured Kurumas and Zentornos.  It's just painful to see them being used in such a trashy fashion.

• V4S, Darth Absentis, alkaline_ and 2 others like this

fw3
  • fw3

I SMELL FISH!

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Topic Creator 2016
    Contribution Award [GTAO]

Posted 24 April 2017 - 12:53 PM Edited by fw3, 24 April 2017 - 12:53 PM.

Jokes aside, How can you trust someone with dollar rims?

Despite my sense of humor, I still wouldn't trust me... or the stickies plastered on my hood. :)

0_0.jpg

• Mattoropael, vnus_dmlo, Solid Scorpion and 8 others like this

DarkSavageDeathlyCloud
  • DarkSavageDeathlyCloud

here is wondering how long a member title actually could be

• BUSTED!
  • Belgium

Posted 24 April 2017 - 01:00 PM Edited by Darth Absentis, 24 April 2017 - 01:01 PM.

Thing is that in my case, weither you find my vehicles good looking or not, if i am next to said vehicle and someone is within range, instant destruction follows soon also :p

Unless of course said person i try to destroy kills me first :D

Further, here i think some great examples of vehicles that will be judged by other players and said players will, by looking at those vehicles, be judging the owners play style instantly:

See this and you might judge the person is a starting player

oUYheGN8jU28dcpiSAm82A_0_0.jpg

see this and you might think the owner is some special snowflake

du-eoA-Fb0W_2kSfN_ZwVw_0_0.jpg

coming across this in freeroam, you might think the owner is some noob that relies all the time on this one to keep himself alive when fighting other players

3_Y9_EFKoE2VZEBa2B5KjA_0_0.jpg

Seeing this anywhere and you might think the owner is a troll and/or a complete scrub at racing and modifying vehicles.

ISQJNSqBO0-viLcN8_BYow_0_0.jpg

While seeing this might make you think the owner is some typical freeroam douchebag that barely knows what variation of vehicles this game contains

UuQlJODVWUCTaHk_f-_E5w_0_0.jpg

and as last, this might make you think the owner is your rare really peaceful player that likes nothing but to cruise around and that tries to avoid any fighting...maybe does not even have a homing launcher.

LHi0PkRkCU6BRDhtyANVFw_0_0.jpg

Thing is, they all belong to me :p

And i am at this time a long time 2013 starting player with a play time at 210 days currently overall, that cheered every time some vehicle became available for everyone(except those heist vehicles...ugh....), that rarely uses his armored kuruma, even in heists, that rarely goes in a session wasting money on trolling people with no gains in it, that has 2081 wins and 2341 loses on races, racing against the common folks in game, has a decent wide knowledge about vehicles in this game and has only a handful vehicles he would not be able to determine by just looking at it for a few seconds(most of them bikes), and like said, pretty much will try to kill any unknown person coming to close, is not just a cruiser and has in fact a homing launcher ;)

Only people i do not fight are people in my friend list or their associates, who still better accept friend requests then because of "itchy trigger finger habits" :D

I am 24....how you like my golden adder with chrome stripes ?! :p

• Mattoropael, Jimbatron, vnus_dmlo and 12 others like this

Professional Amateur
  • Professional Amateur

Rustled Jimmies

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 24 April 2017 - 01:02 PM

I see Ronald McDonald is living the high life now. 

• V4S, vnus_dmlo, ten-a-penny and 15 others like this

Milesinho
  • Milesinho

Playa

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 24 April 2017 - 01:02 PM

Thing is that in my case, weither you find my vehicles good looking or not, if i am next to said vehicle and someone is within range, instant destruction follows soon also :p

Unless of course said person i try to destroy kills me first :D

Further, here i think some great examples of vehicles that will be judged by other players and said players will, by looking at those vehicles, be judging the owners play style instantly:

See this and you might judge the person is a starting player

oUYheGN8jU28dcpiSAm82A_0_0.jpg

see this and you might think the owner is some special snowflake

du-eoA-Fb0W_2kSfN_ZwVw_0_0.jpg

coming across this in freeroam, you might think the owner is some noob that relies all the time on this one to keep himself alive when fighting other players

3_Y9_EFKoE2VZEBa2B5KjA_0_0.jpg

Seeing this anywhere and you might think the owner is a troll and/or a complete scrub at racing and modifying vehicles.

ISQJNSqBO0-viLcN8_BYow_0_0.jpg

While seeing this might make you think the owner is some typical freeroam douchebag that barely knows what variation of vehicles this game contains

and as last, this might make you think the owner is your rare really peaceful player that likes nothing but to cruise around and that tries to avoid any fighting...maybe does not even have a homing launcher.

LHi0PkRkCU6BRDhtyANVFw_0_0.jpg

Thing is, they all belong to me :p

And i am at this time a long time 2013 starting player with a play time at 210 days currently overall, that cheered every time some vehicle became available for everyone(except those heist vehicles...ugh....), that rarely uses his armored kuruma, even in heists, that rarely goes in a session wasting money on trolling people with no gains in it, that has 2081 wins and 2341 loses on races, racing against the common folks in game, has a decent wide knowledge about vehicles in this game and has only a handful vehicles he would not be able to determine by just looking at it for a few seconds(most of them bikes), and like said, pretty much will try to kill any unknown person coming to close, is not just a cruiser and has in fact a homing launcher ;)

Only people i do not fight are people in my friend list or their associates, who still better accept friend requests then because of "itchy trigger finger habits" :D

I am 24....how you like my golden adder with chrome stripes ?! :p

I dislike it intensely lol

• fw3, Darth Absentis and Professional Amateur like this

PetrolCB
  • PetrolCB

I Am The Fly

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 April 2017 - 01:04 PM

He's lovin' it.
  • vnus_dmlo, DM98xKONATA, eyman and 12 others like this

DeXiovi
  • DeXiovi

Peon

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 24 April 2017 - 01:05 PM

Well the only car I really own is an Entity, like 43 of them and people just think I'm nuts. I don't really know or care much about other cars so it's hard to judge, but I don't judge players on their clothes & cars anyway. If you're nice and know how to play, that's all that matters to me.
  • vnus_dmlo, fw3, Darth Absentis and 1 other like this

A.Nothingman
  • A.Nothingman

Ex-President

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 24 April 2017 - 01:06 PM

- People in Protos are instant kills for me, just for the bad taste (in my view).

- Folkloric Super Cars with neon lights makes me remember those kids in the age of wearing AirMaxes with flashing lights, and usually get a auto-aim shot in the face, often folowed by a 'wtf' from a 13 years old voice in the background.

- People honking some annoying loop horns non-stop get trashed alongside with their cars, because they're clearly noisy scumbags (or, in the worst case scenario, retards) and I rather have the silence or the satisfying sound of my car's engine.

- Armored Kurumas and Insurgents with more than one guy usually mean troubles, so better play it safe and explode/shoot them all.

- Bonus for the cars chasing me around. Those are sticky bombed with no mercy cause it seems they're having a lot of work just to say 'hi'.

- And depending on the day, pink pantos with stickers and chrome rims may also meet a bomb or two, just because I feel like it.

• fw3 likes this

DarkSavageDeathlyCloud
  • DarkSavageDeathlyCloud

here is wondering how long a member title actually could be

• BUSTED!
  • Belgium

Posted 24 April 2017 - 01:07 PM

He's lovin' it.

Some people also saw the Belgium colors in it :p

DM98xKONATA
  • DM98xKONATA

Koh-Nuh-Tah

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 April 2017 - 01:11 PM

I pretty much stay the hell away from Zentorno's in freemode.

jyssys
  • jyssys

I like passive mode

• Members
  • Norway

Posted 24 April 2017 - 01:14 PM

I don't like to judge people on the way they've customized their cars, but hypocritically enough I've done it several times. I know I own quite a few cars of my own that would be deemed ugly or stupid by a lot of people, but as long as I like them myself I can't give a sh*t what other think of them.

• Darth Absentis and fin761 like this

hei3enberg
  • hei3enberg

Too old for this sh*t

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 April 2017 - 01:15 PM

I cant judge properly because most of the time I'm playing solo, especially now and on PC, but I prefer clean cars without screaming tuning. Matching color combo, high-end or sport chrome rims, no tint, medium-sized or small spoilers, no fenders or stuff like that, no livery. My playstyle? Leave me alone, seen it all. I won't chase random who creeped out on me if I don't feel like it and I've got nothing against switching sessions too. Occasionally I kill people, but I prefer distance and sniper rifle. 

• ten-a-penny, fw3, Darth Absentis and 1 other like this

K-STEW
  • K-STEW

♥ raavi

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 24 April 2017 - 01:19 PM

He's lovin' it.

Some people also saw the Belgium colors in it :p

So, orange and red are the same color now? When did this happen?

TreFacTor
  • TreFacTor

O.G.

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 April 2017 - 01:19 PM Edited by TreFacTor, 24 April 2017 - 01:19 PM.

Both of these topics are the silliest things I've read here aside from the porn spam. Who are "you" to judge anyone.
-_-

Professional Amateur
  • Professional Amateur

Rustled Jimmies

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 24 April 2017 - 01:22 PM

Both of these topics are the silliest things I've read here aside from the porn spam. Who are "you" to judge anyone.
-_-

Well I don't know about "you" but I'm allowed an opinion and a set of standards when it comes to cars and their modifications.

• V4S, ten-a-penny, alkaline_ and 2 others like this

duskpanthers
  • duskpanthers

Square Civilian

• Members
  • Singapore

Posted 24 April 2017 - 01:22 PM

motorbikes are mostly safe players. 

brightly colored kurumas - must kill

turreted limo and insurgent - needless to say, must kill when there's player behind the gun

cars with big windows - have to kill to educate players on the danger of driving one in los santos

• Solid Scorpion, hei3enberg, brose_sfr and 1 other like this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users