7 replies to this topic
uNi
  • uNi

Feroci

• Administrator
  • United-Kingdom
  • Best Official Gang 2014 [Feroci]

Posted 23 April 2017 - 01:53 PM

My driveway does not have a slope on it. I've noticed another house in the same street is in same condition and the owner installed some curb ramps. Before I go crazy and order some, would I need to ask the council about it? Or can I ask for the curb to be adjusted?

sivispacem
  • sivispacem

Jo Nškyvi Pohjan Portit

• European-Union
  • Contribution Award [D&D, General Chat]
    Most Knowledgeable [Vehicles] 2013
    Best Debater 2016, 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2011

Posted 23 April 2017 - 04:31 PM

You can ask for the kerb to be adjusted, but they probably won't actually do it (even though it's technically their responsibility to ) and even if they did they'd probably try and find some way to charge you with it. You're better off just getting some of your own but don't be surprised if they take umbrage to that as well.

MindCorrupt
  • MindCorrupt

iCorrupt

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 25 April 2017 - 12:13 PM

You've got a box curb up to your driveway?

Nelly2K
  • Nelly2K

Rat

• Members
  • European-Union

Posted 25 April 2017 - 12:27 PM

Oh getting the kerb lowered is an absolute pain.  My dad done it last year, you need permission from the council, then you need to chose an approved contractor, then there's a road closure permit that needs done and all sorts.  And then the actual cost for it getting done.  I remember him having a gigantic headache for weeks before it was eventually done.  Then the council do there inspection and if it's not good enough they make you redo it again.  :blink:

HeavyDuke
  • HeavyDuke

Big Homie

• Members
  • European-Union

Posted 25 April 2017 - 05:21 PM Edited by HeavyDuke, 25 April 2017 - 05:26 PM.

Maybe you can take a picture so we can see the curb? That way we can all learn to hate that said curb. #killallcurbs

Seriously, if its a small annoying curb, i would look for a quick fix. Do it quick, don't tell anyone and if someone ever gives you sh*t about it, then you simply say it was already there.

Or you could ring the guys door who already has a curb ramp, and ask him. Or steal his ramp at night.

• Pedinhuh likes this

uNi
  • uNi

Feroci

• Administrator
  • United-Kingdom
  • Best Official Gang 2014 [Feroci]

Posted 26 April 2017 - 04:27 AM

I'm waiting for a reply from the landlord, it's a rented house. So as you said I'll probably just get some mini ramps and use when I need to.

Nelly2K
  • Nelly2K

Rat

• Members
  • European-Union

Posted 26 April 2017 - 07:27 AM

In truth if it's a rental they'll probably be happy if you pay to lower it as you've increasing the value of the place...
  • Pedinhuh likes this

Pedinhuh
  • Pedinhuh

Wanna play with me on PS4? Add me: rph_brasil

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 04 May 2017 - 12:59 PM

I would just get this done soon as possible, in a monday or any other day where the street is empty, to not attract attenion.
  • Nelly2K likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users