Online ranking went up?

8 replies to this topic
Ryan617
  • Ryan617

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 21 April 2017 - 12:43 PM

I logged on yesterday, and for some odd reason my online ranking went up. I'm a rank 17, but once I got on, it said I was a 1234. I thought it was just a glitch until I started unlocking stuff from Merryweather and Lester (calling mercenaries, go off the radar, stuff like that). What can/should i do? Any ideas?

Thanks

Gridl0k
  • Gridl0k

hortif*ckingculturalist

• GTAF Crew
  • US-Virgin-Islands

Posted 21 April 2017 - 01:12 PM Edited by Gridl0k, 21 April 2017 - 01:12 PM.

Modders in the session (PC, right?)

Open a support ticket with R* and they'll correct it. You need to really, or you could be banned.

If you got any money you're forgetting to mention, DON'T SPEND IT!

Many PC players are staying out of public sessions because there's some very active and very can-be-evil mod menus currently.

• Gaffa™ likes this

Ryan617
  • Ryan617

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 21 April 2017 - 02:22 PM Edited by Ryan617, 21 April 2017 - 02:23 PM.

Modders in the session (PC, right?)

Open a support ticket with R* and they'll correct it. You need to really, or you could be banned.

If you got any money you're forgetting to mention, DON'T SPEND IT!

Many PC players are staying out of public sessions because there's some very active and very can-be-evil mod menus currently.

That's the thing, I'm not on PC, I have the Xbox 360 console. I'll open a ticket, but I've been seeing modders in almost every lobby. It's becoming a pretty big issue now. 

update_lsc
  • update_lsc

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 21 April 2017 - 03:29 PM

Yeah, cheaters can now mess with other peoples' ranks, unlocks etc. Since you're on old gen, i don't think you can get banned if you're not running trainers or custom firmwares (is that even a thing on 360?).
  • Gridl0k likes this

Gridl0k
  • Gridl0k

hortif*ckingculturalist

• GTAF Crew
  • US-Virgin-Islands

Posted 22 April 2017 - 10:42 AM

Ah, LG, your RP might get corrected I guess but otherwise, you're a rank 1234 now, enjoy ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

pptz84
  • pptz84

Peon

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 22 April 2017 - 11:17 AM

Ah, LG, your RP might get corrected I guess but otherwise, you're a rank 1234 now, enjoy ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Yeah enjoy... getting kicked out of sessions, jobs etc because of the modded rank. Great fun.

It really sucks. I'd recommend to restart from 0, if Rockstar doesn't fix the rank shortly. 

Gaffa™
  • Gaffa™

GTA Forums Decade Member

• Members
  • United-Kingdom
  • Next DLC Thread Page 4000 Winner

Posted 23 April 2017 - 04:32 PM

They could just keep their profile on private and tell everyone they've got over 200 days playtime and the rank is legit. Alternatively you can create a second character, but that's a nuisance. The third option would be to go through Rockstar Support. 

Last generation is all-but-abandoned apart from a few mandatory updates regarding anti-cheat or gamebreaking issues that may or may not come about in the future, so the choices are limited sadly. 

RedGuerilla66
  • RedGuerilla66

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 24 April 2017 - 02:12 PM

Yeah man, exact same thing here except i was online and watched it happen. 360 like you, up from 32 to level 420, now i can't put a bounty on anyone and lots of other things, really sucks man.
Thinking of getting my 360 modded just so I can bloody fix it lol

Gaffa™
  • Gaffa™

GTA Forums Decade Member

• Members
  • United-Kingdom
  • Next DLC Thread Page 4000 Winner

Posted 25 April 2017 - 06:12 PM

Yeah man, exact same thing here except i was online and watched it happen. 360 like you, up from 32 to level 420, now i can't put a bounty on anyone and lots of other things, really sucks man.
Thinking of getting my 360 modded just so I can bloody fix it lol

"Just so I can fix it" - what do you mean here with your 360? 

And bounties have been disabled on PC until they prevent cheaters from exploiting them. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users