Photo

Roman Bellic is ALIVE! [Niko had chosen Revenge Ending!]

17 replies to this topic
The American Army 1775
  • The American Army 1775

The Protectors

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 April 2017 - 03:47 PM Edited by DIze, 19 April 2017 - 03:51 PM.

e074cf3ae6a99d1ffb03b81253374576.png

Swith to Full Version and zoom the image.

You can see Niko's 2013 Lifeinvader page (which is from GTA V). We all know that Lifeinvader had no existence in 2008.
Niko also posts 'Happy Birthday Roman!'.
You can view Roman's Lifeinvader Profile too (It was created by him after 2008, coz lifinvader was not in existence that time).
THIS SHOWS THAT ROMAN IS STILL ALIVE!!!
This photograph was zoomed & taken from Jimmy de Santa's laptop, in GTA V.

Thanks to this topic. I got the image from here:

http://gtaforums.com...-updated/page-1
  • UltraGizmo64 likes this

ExTerminator
  • ExTerminator

Heil Houser!

• Members
  • South-Ossetia

Posted 19 April 2017 - 04:12 PM

It's just an easter egg, and it's definitely not canon.

Roman's fate is ambiguous.

• DimitriFaustin likes this

DOUGL4S1
  • DOUGL4S1

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 19 April 2017 - 04:58 PM Edited by DOUGL4S1, 19 April 2017 - 05:00 PM.

Old news. There are various arguments to say that "Revenge" is the canon ending of GTA IV on future games' timelines, but his fate is still left to player's choice in GTA IV itself.

I also love how Jimmy's account profile picture is a Rockstar logo.

ProKiller93
  • ProKiller93

Space Marine

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 20 April 2017 - 10:06 AM

We already knew that 3 years ago

• Payne Killer and The Deadite like this

vnus_dmlo
  • vnus_dmlo

The Judge

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 20 April 2017 - 12:30 PM

yeah it is old news but i dont see the proof it isnt canon... since this is all we have to go off to assume the canon ending of 4 shouldnt we assume it is canon since if it's canon then that means that revenge is canon and if its not canon that means canonically speaking the ending of gta 4 is ambiguous so we dont know

basically if there is a cannon we can assume this is in it and thus revenge is canon if there is a cannon but if there isnt a canyon then we dont really know because theres no right answer so yeah revenge is canon
  • Mister Pink, Mega, Payne Killer and 2 others like this

Tycek
  • Tycek

Being a bastard works.

• The Yardies
  • Poland

Posted 20 April 2017 - 01:04 PM Edited by Tycek, 20 April 2017 - 01:05 PM.

revenge is canon if there is a cannon but if there isnt a canyon then we dont really know

No offence, but I really like this part of the sentence. Would you mind adding some crayons?

• vnus_dmlo, Mega, Jeansowaty and 4 others like this

Donatello
  • Donatello

Anyone for stickball? I've got a stick. You be the ball.

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 April 2017 - 01:13 PM

I'm really starting to hate the idea of multiple endings.
  • The_Anti-tragedy, Jeansowaty, Saganist and 2 others like this

SwaGGer_1337
  • SwaGGer_1337

dat russian kid

• Members
  • Russia

Posted 20 April 2017 - 01:59 PM

Original texture
Yak8dEZ.png
GTA V\x64h.rpf\levels\gta5\props\residential\v_electrical.rpf\prop_laptop_jimmy.ydr
  • CartmanKusanagi and The Deadite like this

pierdzioszek
  • pierdzioszek

Cheetos

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 20 April 2017 - 02:01 PM

I'm really starting to hate the idea of multiple endings.

Yup, the two endings in GTA V are useless too. Uh, I mean, three muskeeters are better than only two!

Mister Pink
  • Mister Pink

мистер роз

• The Connection
  • None
  • Best Poster [Music] 2016
    Best Poster [Music] 2015
    Best Poster [Music] 2014
    Most Knowledgeable [Music] 2013
    Best Contributor [Music] 2012

Posted 21 April 2017 - 04:33 PM Edited by Mister Pink, 21 April 2017 - 04:35 PM.

Yeah I think revenge is what Niko would have done. I think it's more Niko's personality. Afterall, we know Niko emigrated to the U.S.A to seek revenge on those responsible for the events pre-game. We know Niko is vengeful by this glaring evidence. We also know Niko isn't materialistic. He could have earned his money and got out of the game except he kept killing his way through Liberty to find that special someone. Revenge is canon in my book if you can call it that. Yes as a player we have the choice and you can say it's an ambiguous ending but I think that if there's a preferred ending, if there was no player choice, the likelihood is that Rockstar would have wrote revenge as the ending as it suits Niko character more. 

We know Niko has no problem with betraying people either to get what he wants, even if it seems like it was the right thing to do any way. Take Mikhail Faustin for example. Niko had no problem taking him out at the behest of Dmitri Rascalov. So it's not a far stretch for him to betray Pegorino. 

Yes, we can say it's ambiguous, the ending, but you can also say that about the Sopranos... major spoiler alert..for The Sopranos..

Spoiler

And it may be considered an easter egg to include this Life Invader info but you know I think it's a nice subtle way of Rockstar saying, yeah, Revenge was the "right" choice. Afterall it's does confirm Roman's health so it does have an affect on story continuity but it's not going break the game's immersive qualities if someone chose Deal because the reference to Roman is so subtle that a majority wont see it and if you seen it on a forum like this, chances are you probably played both endings for fun anyway.  

• vnus_dmlo, Payne Killer and The Deadite like this

Good Hombre
  • Good Hombre

Born to kill

• Members
  • Mexico

Posted 3 weeks ago Edited by Good Hombre, 3 weeks ago.

I really like Roman but I prefer the Deal Ending, it is a strong ending and it kinda touches you.

Anyway, I think Niko's Lifeinvader page is just an easter egg, I just can't see Niko using a social network.

• RogerWho likes this

jaljax
  • jaljax

Vice Squad

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 3 weeks ago

It's just a easteregg & this is old mews, but great find.

Rocky0910
  • Rocky0910

SneakinSwag™

• Members
  • India

Posted 3 weeks ago

Roman is The Undertaker of GTA 4! He has 7 LIves! :lol:

RogerWho
  • RogerWho

"Life is... weird."

• Members
  • European-Union

Posted 3 weeks ago

I can't understand why would people stick with that GTA V crap so much that to even carefully study the offensive in-game internet :) *opens umbrella as a shield against the sh*t storm*

Okay but seriously, on my first IV playthrough I went with the deal. It was a smart thing to do, I wanted Niko to move on and I'm f*cking sick of revenge plots (the whole revenge thing is quite a low point of the GTA IV story although I learned to live with it eventually).

And of course the ending is much more powerful and feels 'right' as an ending to such a crime story about trying to find the American dream.

I mean Kate is nice and all but it wasn't until my last (7th? 8th? Dunno) playthrough I've actually spent some time with her so her getting killed really wouldn't have done much for me.

But yea it's also true that on subsequent playthrough I tend to pick revenge.

• Mister Pink and Payne Killer like this

Cluckin' Bell
  • Cluckin' Bell

Bullsh*t at Bullworth

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 3 weeks ago

Roman isn't dead, he called Niko to pick him up from the hospital several hours after his "death."

In all seriousness, that's just an Easter egg, and you're kinda late to the party.

• Niobium and DOUGL4S1 like this

Ryhan'ZFX
  • Ryhan'ZFX

Player Hater

• Members
  • Indonesia

Posted 3 weeks ago

damn! i closed my eyes when reading this topic, avoiding the heavy spoiler sh*t, but great piece of "sherlock" man!

RogerWho
  • RogerWho

"Life is... weird."

• Members
  • European-Union

Posted 2 weeks ago

BTW I wonder why people say that it's an easter egg and thus doesn't matter.

I don't like splitting stuff into canon and non-canon unless it's some oddball fan interpretation or an obvious joke. And I think this is pretty clear canon.

Why would all the other Lifeinvader pages be considered canon and not this one? It's a regular game mechanic, annoying used pretty often in GTA V so I don't see why this particular page should not be considered canon.

That said, does that page make it really clear Roman is alive? It all still seems rather ambigous. As in it could be an in memoriam thing. Roman wouldn't necessarily need to have his page taken down when he died, or might have even have a page created if we take it that LI didn't exist back then. Bellic Cab Ent. could belong to Niko himself or Malorie, who would keep the company name obviously.

The American Army 1775
  • The American Army 1775

The Protectors

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 2 weeks ago

As in the img, you can see that Niko's written Happy B'Day Roman.
GTA V Event takes place in 2013. No one wishes a Happy B'Day to a Dead Man.
Thus, Niko had chosen Revenge Ending.

@ Those all who're telling that I'm late
I knew this news a couple of years ago. But a deep curiosity led me to post this topic here.

Let it be an easter egg. But the easter egg does indicate us something, which shouldn't be underestimated.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users