GTA online hidden package?

37 replies to this topic
lost-in-emotions
  • lost-in-emotions

Alice Liddell

• Members
  • Germany

Posted A week ago

so at all modded money receivers - you really play just as normal with this hacker money?

would you trust R* sweeping engine so good, without any fear of mistake (ban) choices?

how often the engine sweeps? im waiting 10 days :-(

Black-Dragon96
  • Black-Dragon96

Bounty Hunter

• Members
  • Germany

Posted A week ago

Well but old unused code can be used in the future you know.

3 year old code supporting a planned feature that never happened is basically dead code. They probably hadn't added money drop countermeasures to it as they had forgotten it existed. It's why it's important to remove leftovers from code (see also: hot coffee).
Well the hydra had files in the game since the start who were used in 2015 the progen brand was cut content and got also used in 2015. They can still find something to use it for, in the future.
The thing why they did not add countermeasures: Well they probably never expected that modders could go that deep in the files.
  • ash-274 likes this

ash-274
  • ash-274

Guru of the Gang Cars and Special items

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A week ago

Well but old unused code can be used in the future you know.

3 year old code supporting a planned feature that never happened is basically dead code. They probably hadn't added money drop countermeasures to it as they had forgotten it existed. It's why it's important to remove leftovers from code (see also: hot coffee).

Hot Coffee wasn't "old code" so much as having to rush changes close to the production deadline.  When they decided to not include the sex stuff and they had to half-ass a coverup for the functions and flags related to it in order for the first batch of disks to come out of production in time for the announced release day as properly removing them and recompiling the code would have taken too long.  PS2 games, of course, couldn't be tweaked over the internet after release like these modern games, so all those first-run disks included the bedroom interiors, dialog subtitles, and sound files, that didn't require extensive effort to access.  Later production runs of the disks and other-platform copies of the game had those things removed.

Back on topic: Isn't that Hidden Package message what comes up in story mode when you collect one of the hidden packages that part of the side stuff to do?  If so, that explains why the code is in the game (just like the Poppy Mitchell "schtup" action from Story Mode was accessed and used by script brats to "rape" other players)

Acidworm
  • Acidworm

Mark Chump

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A week ago

Rockstar never anticipated online to take off like it did.  It is also their first experience with an MMO like set up.  Comparing them to other publishers though, I feel they have done a pretty poor job of handling cheating in this game.  

There are mods that can remove money from other players' games, so of course they can add it all too...

Today, I didn't notice anyone hacking.  Yesterday, there were a bunch around though.  I heard they did another ban wave last night.

aaronBLUEeyes
  • aaronBLUEeyes

Sovereign for the GUILD of CALAMIT0US INTENT

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A week ago

You're on playing on PC, that should answer you question, there's most-likely modders altering the game and giving players money.

Belgarel
  • Belgarel

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A week ago

Today, I didn't notice anyone hacking.

I have no idea where you guys hang out as modding was out of control last night. They set everyone's rank to 420 in the session I was in.

https://clips.twitch...SpikyDillLitFam

KreemAhm
  • KreemAhm

Player Hater

• New Members
  • Indonesia

Posted A week ago Edited by KreemAhm, A week ago.

I got the same text too! it says you collected a hidden package

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=911465067 ico_external_link.gif

whywontyoulisten
  • whywontyoulisten

Adapt or die

• Members
  • United-Kingdom
  • Helpfulness Award

Posted A week ago

I got the same text too! it says you collected a hidden package

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=911465067 ico_external_link.gif

Now that's a legit bank balance if I ever saw one.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users