GTA online hidden package?

37 replies to this topic
InfectedFlame
  • InfectedFlame

Player Hater

• Members
  • Turkey

Posted 19 April 2017 - 01:30 PM

So my friend was playing gta online alone in a session and he went to get his car from the MMI place and out of nowhere he got a messege saying you found a hidden package the he got like 60mil from it. Is it possible?

http://imgur.com/gfsdduK
http://imgur.com/94qgUdu
http://imgur.com/YmLFs5j

D.B. Cooper
  • D.B. Cooper

Seems like it's my turn again

• Members
  • Australia
  • Next DLC Thread Page 4000 Winner

Posted 19 April 2017 - 01:33 PM Edited by D.B. Cooper, 19 April 2017 - 01:34 PM.

What platform is your friend playing on?

edit: nevermind there's clearly a keyboard visible. 

I think this is the work of someone using a mod menu online, there's no hidden packages in Online normally, and Rockstar would never just hand out 60 million in one go.

DentureDynamite
  • DentureDynamite

GTAO PC

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 April 2017 - 01:38 PM Edited by DentureDynamite, 19 April 2017 - 04:51 PM.

^^ +1. Been wondering about that too--saw it show up on a YT'rs recent post; oddly enough they didn't notice it or comment on it.

Would be nice if it were something new R* is doing (some new twist or extension on the existing weapon pickups--below), but suddenly collecting 60 million GTA$ out of the blue smells like "mod" menu cheater tactics.

...just another way for them to try and disguise what they're doing, and possibly fool some new players into thinking it's legit.

weapon_pickups_announcement.png

REXX
  • REXX

REXX | ALEXA - Content Creator & GTA Photographer

• Members
  • Spain

Posted 19 April 2017 - 01:39 PM

It's crap. Just a modder as usual.
  • joel15cat and DarkSavageDeathlyCloud like this

Rafae
  • Rafae

OG

• GTAF Crew
  • Canada

Posted 19 April 2017 - 01:40 PM

^ It's just a fancy way to describe the existing weapon pickups

Gunrunning coming soon 🙄

Black-Dragon96
  • Black-Dragon96

Bounty Hunter

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 19 April 2017 - 01:40 PM

Hmmm...
Very interesting. Never seen this message before, not even when special crate drops were around.

DentureDynamite
  • DentureDynamite

GTAO PC

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 April 2017 - 01:51 PM Edited by DentureDynamite, 19 April 2017 - 01:51 PM.

^ It's just a fancy way to describe the existing weapon pickups

Gunrunning coming soon

lol Uh no...when you collect a weapon pickup, it looks like this:

weapon_pickup_text.png

InfectedFlame
  • InfectedFlame

Player Hater

• Members
  • Turkey

Posted 19 April 2017 - 02:12 PM

He was alone in the session

DentureDynamite
  • DentureDynamite

GTAO PC

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 April 2017 - 02:17 PM

^^ Hmm; very strange...

Schroebedroeber
  • Schroebedroeber

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 19 April 2017 - 02:18 PM

No he wasnt. On the second screenshot, it shows 2 players left.
Both with only numbers as usernames...
  • askinnywhitedildo, hei3enberg, DentureDynamite and 1 other like this

InfectedFlame
  • InfectedFlame

Player Hater

• Members
  • Turkey

Posted 19 April 2017 - 02:20 PM

No he wasnt. On the second screenshot, it shows 2 players left.
Both with only numbers as usernames...

See that I didn't notice maybe they were trying mods then when they realized he was in the session they left

Black-Dragon96
  • Black-Dragon96

Bounty Hunter

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 19 April 2017 - 03:21 PM

It you pick up modded cash (moneybags) it does not show a message.

REXX
  • REXX

REXX | ALEXA - Content Creator & GTA Photographer

• Members
  • Spain

Posted 19 April 2017 - 03:46 PM

I wouldn't know, I'm mod-free. But 60 million? It's an easy giveaway.
  • chef_archie likes this

Action_Andy
  • Action_Andy

Mark Chump

• Members
  • Antarctica

Posted 19 April 2017 - 04:40 PM

I got this too when I was in my appartment. I also had the message pop up, but only in German (I use the german version of the game). I even didn't noticed at first that I got 60Mio with it and I am very pissed off because of this. You can avoid the money bags but not this crap.

• DentureDynamite likes this

Gaffa™
  • Gaffa™

GTA Forums Decade Member

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 19 April 2017 - 04:49 PM

They're not money bags... there's many ways you can "cheat cash into other player's accounts" on the PC version of the game. 

This is just a mod menu at play here. 

DentureDynamite
  • DentureDynamite

GTAO PC

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 April 2017 - 04:54 PM Edited by DentureDynamite, 19 April 2017 - 05:52 PM.

I got this too when I was in my department. I also had the message pop up, but only in German (I use the German version of the game). I even didn't noticed at first that I got 60Mio with it and I am very pissed off because of this. You can avoid the money bags but not this crap.

If you haven't already, suggest filing a ticket with R* Support...

They're not money bags... there's many ways you can "cheat cash into other player's accounts" on the PC version of the game.

This is just a mod menu at play here.

I must admit that the instant money deposits directly into player bank accounts is new and frightening in terms of how deep the new "mod" menus can go in their power and scope. I'm sure it has been equally unsettling to R* in trying to determine how they got around all their previous anti-cheat patches, new code, detection methods, etc.

Until recently, all my unfortunate encounters with "modded" money were in the form of money bags/objects being dropped--and it only affected your green "Cash" balance; not your white "Bank" balance.

Clearly, the people who programmed the new "mod" menus somehow recently gained unprecedented access to a whole slew of low-level code that they simply didn't have before.

Rafae
  • Rafae

OG

• GTAF Crew
  • Canada

Posted 19 April 2017 - 05:08 PM

lol Uh no...when you collect a weapon pickup, it looks like this:

weapon_pickup_text.png

I meant the in-game screen you posted. It wasn't indicative of any new weapon pickups, it was just describing the existing ones in a different fashion. The hidden package thing is obv mod menu related.

Gaffa™
  • Gaffa™

GTA Forums Decade Member

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 19 April 2017 - 05:11 PM

I must admit that the instant money deposits directly into player bank accounts is new and frightening in terms of how deep the new "mod" menus can go in their power and scope. I'm sure it has been equally unsettling to R* in trying to determine how they got around all their previous anti-cheat patches, new code, detection methods, etc.

Until recently, all my unfortunate encounters with "modded" money were in the form of money bags/objects being dropped--and it only affected your green "Cash" balance; not your white "Bank" balance.

Clearly, the people who programmed the new "mod" menus recently gained unprecedented access to a whole slew of low-level code that they simply didn't have before.

They can give you unlimited off the radar or ghost organisation as well as unlock all achievements and in-game items from their client too. 

And with the tunables going back to Format 0 which makes them readable, I wonder if Rockstar are considering accepting defeat... 

:/

guster-von
  • guster-von

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 April 2017 - 05:19 PM

Hmmm...
Very interesting. Never seen this message before, not even when special crate drops were around.

Those were fun...that and taking down smuggler airplanes.

I took one down while parachuting once...ahh the good ole days.

theNGclan
  • theNGclan

redy 2 die

• Facade
  • United-States
  • Best Character 2016 [Niko Bellic Ped]
    Best Conversion 2016 [GTA: Underground] [Contribution]
    Best Topic 2014 [GTA V and Steam]

Posted 19 April 2017 - 05:28 PM Edited by theNGclan, 19 April 2017 - 05:30 PM.

The thing that makes this thenmsot pucliar is the notification. Mod menus can't generate GXT2 text entries, and even if they could they would not sync to another client.
  • Jimbatron and DentureDynamite like this

Action_Andy
  • Action_Andy

Mark Chump

• Members
  • Antarctica

Posted 19 April 2017 - 05:45 PM

I got this too when I was in my department. I also had the message pop up, but only in German (I use the German version of the game). I even didn't noticed at first that I got 60Mio with it and I am very pissed off because of this. You can avoid the money bags but not this crap.

If you haven't already, suggest filing a ticket with R* Support...

I'm tempted to do so but Rockstar says that you don't need or even should report this:

https://support.rock...-gehackten-GTA-

I think I just wait for it to be removed ...

DentureDynamite
  • DentureDynamite

GTAO PC

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 April 2017 - 05:45 PM

Clearly, the people who programmed the new "mod" menus recently gained unprecedented access to a whole slew of low-level code that they simply didn't have before.

They can give you unlimited off the radar or ghost organisation as well as unlock all achievements and in-game items from their client too. 

And with the tunables going back to Format 0 which makes them readable, I wonder if Rockstar are considering accepting defeat... 

:/

Yeah, I think Fun De Panda's summary of the situation a while ago was best (paraphrasing his quote) that so far, R* is working on stopping 2 of 100 different things "mod" menus can do...

Kind of sends chills down my spine, but makes me even more thankful to now have my ports properly blocked!

• Gaffa™ and Aussie_Hunter like this

Black-Dragon96
  • Black-Dragon96

Bounty Hunter

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 19 April 2017 - 08:19 PM

I wouldn't know, I'm mod-free. But 60 million? It's an easy giveaway.

Well i know because i got them dropped on me (got rockstar to remove them after opening 3 tickets).

@Andy Allways report it to the Support. As soon as you got an answer you are definitly save.

Jimbatron
  • Jimbatron

Big Homie

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 19 April 2017 - 08:27 PM

The thing that makes this thenmsot pucliar is the notification. Mod menus can't generate GXT2 text entries, and even if they could they would not sync to another client.

Agreed. $60m, there's clearly a mod menu involved. But has anyone seen this "hidden package" message before? What circumstances would trigger it normally?

Belgarel
  • Belgarel

Crackhead

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 April 2017 - 08:39 PM Edited by Belgarel, 19 April 2017 - 08:39 PM.

The hidden package thing is the way the bank depositing mod works. They're using some forgotten function in the client that was designed to give you 200k direct to your bank account. Dunno if it was ever used in the game, it's likely dead code.

If you want to see what it looks like, this vid of my alt shows it happen:

https://clips.twitch...ippoKappaWealth
  • Jimbatron and DentureDynamite like this

Jimbatron
  • Jimbatron

Big Homie

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 19 April 2017 - 08:49 PM

The hidden package thing is the way the bank depositing mod works. They're using some forgotten function in the client that was designed to give you 200k direct to your bank account. Dunno if it was ever used in the game, it's likely dead code.

Some redundant code being exploited sounds right. Hope you get your account cleaned up without any problems!

InfectedFlame
  • InfectedFlame

Player Hater

• Members
  • Turkey

Posted 19 April 2017 - 09:00 PM

If you want to see what it looks like, this vid of my alt shows it happen:https://clips.twitch...ippoKappaWealth

My friend did say that he saw like 200k keep on generating until he got 60mil then it stopped

Black-Dragon96
  • Black-Dragon96

Bounty Hunter

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 19 April 2017 - 09:31 PM

Well but old unused code can be used in the future you know.

Belgarel
  • Belgarel

Crackhead

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 April 2017 - 09:41 PM

Some redundant code being exploited sounds right. Hope you get your account cleaned up without any problems!

Support just gave me the copy&paste response about removing money during sweeps which never happens, but it's fine as I created this alt so I could play while everything's on fire without risking my main's rank or my legit money.
  • Jimbatron likes this

Belgarel
  • Belgarel

Crackhead

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 April 2017 - 09:50 PM

Well but old unused code can be used in the future you know.

3 year old code supporting a planned feature that never happened is basically dead code. They probably hadn't added money drop countermeasures to it as they had forgotten it existed. It's why it's important to remove leftovers from code (see also: hot coffee).
  • Jimbatron likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users