• None
  • Best Poster in Music 2017
    Best Poster [Music] 2016
    Best Poster [Music] 2015
    Best Poster [Music] 2014
    Most Knowledgeable [Music] 2013
    Best Contributor [Music] 2012

Posted 09 November 2017 - 10:58 PM

Hey I know im a little late but ive always been a bethesda fan so I thought about getting a old farcry game. Ive played Farcry 4 and primal already.

Merged topic in to this one. 

Far Cry 3 is a lot of fun as all ready suggested. Also try Blood Dragon. 

HaRdSTyLe_83
  • HaRdSTyLe_83

☆★RIP Open IV★☆

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 November 2017 - 12:08 AM Edited by HaRdSTyLe_83, 10 November 2017 - 12:08 AM.

Hey I know im a little late but ive always been a bethesda fan so I thought about getting a old farcry game. Ive played Farcry 4 and primal already.

the second one, in Africa was the best one IMO

• anthony and CatsWontDance like this

ClaudeIzABadAzz
  • ClaudeIzABadAzz

GTA Enthusiast

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 November 2017 - 05:25 AM

2 Things:

1. Far Cry 4 and Primal are not OLD

2. Play Far Cry 3. That's by far my favourite.

Am Shaegar
  • Am Shaegar

Chartered Accountant

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 November 2017 - 05:58 AM

Even better is Far cry 1, and 2. Now these two are actually worth playing over cinematic popamole console grinding simulators like FC3, etc..

If you are playing FC1 on PC then make sure to install FCAM. It fixes a lot of issues.

fashion
  • fashion

ಠ_ರೃ

• Members
  • Mars
  • Most Desperate For a Ban 2017

Posted 10 November 2017 - 07:32 AM

Keep in mind FC3 is build on the same engine as 4. It feels pretty much the same. FC4 could've been almost called FC3.5

I borrowed FC2 once but couldn't get into it. I tried it way too late, just felt a bit outdated both graphically and technically. Doesn't mean it's a bad game, you may enjoy it more than I did.
  • ClaudeIzABadAzz likes this

KilnerLUFC
  • KilnerLUFC

The idiots are taking over

• Members
  • Somalia

Posted 10 November 2017 - 12:18 PM

Keep in mind FC3 is build on the same engine as 4. It feels pretty much the same. FC4 could've been almost called FC3.5

I borrowed FC2 once but couldn't get into it. I tried it way too late, just felt a bit outdated both graphically and technically. Doesn't mean it's a bad game, you may enjoy it more than I did.

Think this was my problem too. I'd started off with FC3, then moved on to 4, then worked my way through Blood Dragon (it came on sale after I'd played 4)...and then I tried to get in to FC2, but the game just really felt so clunky all over the place.

HaRdSTyLe_83
  • HaRdSTyLe_83

☆★RIP Open IV★☆

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 November 2017 - 05:24 PM

Think this was my problem too. I'd started off with FC3, then moved on to 4, then worked my way through Blood Dragon (it came on sale after I'd played 4)...and then I tried to get in to FC2, but the game just really felt so clunky all over the place.

i only played it when it was released, but the impact on me was something that the 3rd failed to do, they are cool, and i still lost more then a couple of hours on far cry 3, but it was enough for me to skip buying the 4 and primal all together, got primal as a gift when buying a GPU and it was cool (for a free game) but nothing worth 60$.

im hyped for the new one coming up, but not going to pre order

• Mister Pink likes this

TheGtaGamer1048
  • TheGtaGamer1048

Car expert

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 November 2017 - 08:19 PM

2 Things:

1. Far Cry 4 and Primal are not OLD

2. Play Far Cry 3. That's by far my fav  

? I never said they were old

• fashion likes this

Gummy 
  • Gummy 

F*ck thyself

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 22 November 2017 - 06:56 PM

I've never really followed The Legend of Zelda and there's lots of games in that series already. I feel like I'm left out for not following the series but I really don't know where to start. Is it okay for me if I just pick a random game or do I have to play from the very beginning from the NES/SNES/N64 games to really understand it. I really want to get interested in the series but I never know where to start.

Same problem with Final Fantasy, and Assassin's Creed.

Goldn-Bayse
  • Goldn-Bayse

Busta till the end

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 22 November 2017 - 11:18 PM

I've never really followed The Legend of Zelda and there's lots of games in that series already. I feel like I'm left out for not following the series but I really don't know where to start. Is it okay for me if I just pick a random game or do I have to play from the very beginning from the NES/SNES/N64 games to really understand it. I really want to get interested in the series but I never know where to start.

While there is a timeline for the Zelda series, it doesn't really matter which one you start with since the games are usually their own self-contained stories (some of the lore is connected though).

The most significant ones are:

• The legend of Zelda 
  • Zelda II
  • A link to the past 
  • Ocarina of Time 
  • Majora's Mask 
  • The Wind Waker 
  • Twilight Princess 
  • Skyward Sword
  • Breath of the Wild

Personally, I've only played Ocarina of time, Majora's Mask, Wind Waker and Twilight Princess to completion. The rest I never got my hands on (yet). I would recommend you start with one of the 3D ones (Ocarina of time and onwards) and see how you go from there. Each game has their own strengths and weaknesses but they're all solid games.

• Neon_Dreaming likes this

KilnerLUFC
  • KilnerLUFC

The idiots are taking over

• Members
  • Somalia

Posted 01 December 2017 - 04:50 PM

While there is a timeline for the Zelda series, it doesn't really matter which one you start with since the games are usually their own self-contained stories (some of the lore is connected though).

The most significant ones are:

• The legend of Zelda 
  • Zelda II
  • A link to the past 
  • Ocarina of Time 
  • Majora's Mask 
  • The Wind Waker 
  • Twilight Princess 
  • Skyward Sword
  • Breath of the Wild

Personally, I've only played Ocarina of time, Majora's Mask, Wind Waker and Twilight Princess to completion. The rest I never got my hands on (yet). I would recommend you start with one of the 3D ones (Ocarina of time and onwards) and see how you go from there. Each game has their own strengths and weaknesses but they're all solid games.

The Zelda 'timeline' is a confusing one - Yes, in a way all the games are interlinked within some type of universe, but fans of the series know that the timeline that was published by Nintendo was only done to try please fans:

Spoiler

So, according to this image, Skyward Sword is the first game of the timeline, and sets the path, but I, along with many others, avoided the game due to it been a motion-control game for the Wii. The majority of the titles are based in Hyrule, but again, each game features a very different version of Hyrule, yet still feature the same places and characters to an extent (some even feature a different protagonist). Each game features it's own unique story, and it's this story that makes you feel like you know the full timeline without having to play all the games in any order...obviously any further research you do helps.

I've actually only really played Ocarina Of Time, Wind Waker, Twilight Princess and Breath Of The Wild; I started Majoras Mask but the time restraint within the game scared me off. Ocarina Of Time is still a fantastic masterpiece to this day, and aged very well - especially so if you choose the 3DS version. This is also the game that fractures the timeline in to the 3 variants, with what happens at the end of the game.

All I will say is that I don't advise you to start off with Breath Of The Wild. Reason for this is that the game is set after the destruction of Hyrule, many years in to the future, and with the sandbox 'do it any way you want' aspect of the game, you may feel a bit out of depth with the way the game tells the story etc. Wind Waker also features some aspect of destruction of Hyrule in that it's been flooded to try and seal away Ganon, but as it's set in it's own parallel universe with it's own unique hero etc, it feels like a game on it's own. Breath Of The Wild is so unique that any 'timeline' published seems to have it at the bottom, with all the fractures coming into it, hence been the one to play when you feel you know the back story.

I need to get my hands on all the other Zelda titles - barring the spin-off sh*t.

• Goldn-Bayse likes this

MostWantedMVP
  • MostWantedMVP

OG

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 06 December 2017 - 02:40 AM Edited by MostWantedMVP, 06 December 2017 - 02:43 AM.

Portal 2.

I have such a passion for that game and Universe. It's my #1 favorite game of all time. It's unforgettable.

The Mystery, the twists & turns... it's amazing. The soundtrack alone and whilst playing the game gives me goosebumps.

Here is the end credit song which is just a masterpiece.

fashion
  • fashion

ಠ_ರೃ

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 06 December 2017 - 09:34 AM

One of the dumbest things I did was selling my last gen Portal 2 copy. I'm an idiot. I really should pick it up next time I go to a local used game store.

MostWantedMVP
  • MostWantedMVP

OG

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 06 December 2017 - 04:00 PM

One of the dumbest things I did was selling my last gen Portal 2 copy. I'm an idiot. I really should pick it up next time I go to a local used game store.

I had the Steam version on my old account, I've been looking to get the physical copy for PC but it's pretty rare.

The Xbox 360 & PS3 version had a " Cube Edition " which is going for quite a bit on ebay and very rare. Would be nice to have in a collection.

P2.jpg

TheGtaGamer1048
  • TheGtaGamer1048

Car expert

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 December 2017 - 09:28 PM

What would be the best racing game for me to get? Im on ps4 and im looking for a sim racing game.

Jamilian_Gaming
  • Jamilian_Gaming

Player Juan

• Members
  • Palestine

Posted 13 December 2017 - 04:14 PM

What would be the best racing game for me to get? Im on ps4 and im looking for a sim racing game.

Right now it would be Gran Turismo IMO but there are other options such as Project Cars 2, if u like rally theres always Dirt Rally. I would definently recommend GT Sport because of all the options, it doesnt have the greatest selection of cars or tracks but DLCs are free which have many cars and modes included. Besides it is easy to get cars or tracks for free.
  • Mister Pink likes this

fashion
  • fashion

ಠ_ರೃ

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 3 weeks ago Edited by fashion, 3 weeks ago.

Sooo... I got a rather unexpected PSN gift card today. Got some money to blow.

I was thinking about getting either Destiny 2, NFS Payback, Evil Within 2 or Sims 4. Otherwise, I could just grab the AC Origins season pass but it's a bit overpriced and didn't have a sale yet.

Edit: oh boy, Nioh complete edition is on sale. Since I've just fallen in love with Bloodborne, I don't think I can let that one pass!

I'm a retard and bought Sims 4 console.
  • Mister Pink likes this

josword
  • josword

positive player

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 3 weeks ago Edited by josword, 3 weeks ago.

Sooo... I got a rather unexpected PSN gift card today. Got some money to blow.

I was thinking about getting either Destiny 2, NFS Payback, Evil Within 2 or Sims 4. Otherwise, I could just grab the AC Origins season pass but it's a bit overpriced and didn't have a sale yet.

Edit: oh boy, Nioh complete edition is on sale. Since I've just fallen in love with Bloodborne, I don't think I can let that one pass!

I'm a retard and bought Sims 4 console.

nioh is fantastic, one of the best coop experience i played. (never played souls game or bloodborne)

Mister Pink
  • Mister Pink

Siamese Dream

• The Connection
  • None
  • Best Poster in Music 2017
    Best Poster [Music] 2016
    Best Poster [Music] 2015
    Best Poster [Music] 2014
    Most Knowledgeable [Music] 2013
    Best Contributor [Music] 2012

Posted 3 weeks ago

For any of you Poker lovers out there, I recommend Prominence Poker. Picked it up for  €1.50 on Xbox. I know it's on PS4 too and Steam. 

fashion
  • fashion

ಠ_ರೃ

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 3 weeks ago Edited by fashion, 3 weeks ago.

@josword: I've heard great things about Nioh and I've been interested in the samurai-like game for a while, but the difficulty is what kept me from buying it, until recently since I fell in love with bloodborne.

Think I'll wait a bit and buy a 10 voucher code to buy Nioh. I want to play it once I'm finished with Bloodborne anyways but I'm really excited about this game. The more I play Bloodborne, the more I want to play Nioh. I'll have to buy the standard edition though.

Sims 4 plays great on console. The controls aren't half as bad as people say. If you ever played a console sims, you'll feel right at home. Creating a sim is a bit akward at first.
  • Mr_Rager and josword like this

Mr_Rager
  • Mr_Rager

The Cord

• Members
  • None

Posted 2 weeks ago Edited by Mr_Rager, 2 weeks ago.

Spoiler

I don't know how I missed this game 12 years ago. Really plays like an awesome B movie, and so far the plot has been engaging. Might have paid too much for it lmao but I've been having a blast thus far. Much like the 2004 movie, the 2005 game is underrated.
  • Mister Pink likes this

fashion
  • fashion

ಠ_ರೃ

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 2 weeks ago

Ah yes, I love how the PS2 era was full of movie games. People soon realized that most of these games were lame and cheap as hell just to cash in on the movie name.

That was correct in most cases. Dr. Dolittle comes to my mind. You don't want to play Dr. Dolittle. Not even once.
  • Mr_Rager likes this

Mr_Rager
  • Mr_Rager

The Cord

• Members
  • None

Posted 2 weeks ago

Ah yes, I love how the PS2 era was full of movie games. People soon realized that most of these games were lame and cheap as hell just to cash in on the movie name.
That was correct in most cases. Dr. Dolittle comes to my mind. You don't want to play Dr. Dolittle. Not even once.

The SpongeBob movie game is pretty comfy iirc. The PS2 has so many sh*t games just because of the pure quantity, like the Wii. You want to play a terrible movie game, try The Matrix. My God, it's painful.

Gummy 
  • Gummy 

F*ck thyself

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 12 hours ago

What are the best emulators to play NES and SNES games?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users