Find, Recommend or Remember a Game

729 replies to this topic
Leftist Bastard
  • Leftist Bastard

Like tears in rain

• Daily Globe
  • Syria

Posted 28 May 2017 - 12:18 PM

The entire Assassin's Creed series would qualify really; but for one with specific focus on hearty adventure i'd go with Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag.

• Mister Pink likes this

KratosDrake
  • KratosDrake

Snazzy and shiny that's how I roll

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 28 May 2017 - 09:43 PM

i've completed the following...
god of war series
gta3 series
gta4 series
gta5
RDR
resident evil 4 and 6 (not interested in 5)
dead space series
tomb raider series
uncharted series
the last of us
i've reached a point that i've ran out of interesting games to play.
can you recommend any more good adventure games?
thanks

Metal Gear Solid series. It is stealth-based though, so idk if you would like that. I mean, it's not like it is a huge pain going on guns-blazing, but stealth is recommended more.

fashion
  • fashion

f*ck you microtransactions

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 02 June 2017 - 09:26 PM Edited by fashion, 02 June 2017 - 09:34 PM.

Tough one incoming. I have barely any information on the game. It was all the way back in the (early?) PS2 era. There was the E3 conference on TV and it was a short while after I had my first gaming experiences. I haven't watched the whole thing either. I have never played this game, all I remember is this short glimpse of it and somehow I got reminded of it. I really want to find out which game it is.

So, all I remember is some kind of huge troll or demon, talking to two guys. The fat demon thing a very deep voice and they talked. Then, the demon picked up one of the guys and ate him alive slowly. I think the guy was all like "noooo" before being eaten. Then I think the chat with the second guy continued.

That's all I remember but I clearly remember the part where a guy got picked up and eaten by a monster.

Edit: I'm confused. I also remember a graphical test on the E3 where they've shown a bath tub with water and like threw a plastic duck in it to show off the water effects. Was it the PS3 announcement? It could have been a different E3 though.

KilnerLUFC
  • KilnerLUFC

The idiots are taking over

• Members
  • Somalia

Posted 02 June 2017 - 11:35 PM

Tough one incoming. I have barely any information on the game. It was all the way back in the (early?) PS2 era. There was the E3 conference on TV and it was a short while after I had my first gaming experiences. I haven't watched the whole thing either. I have never played this game, all I remember is this short glimpse of it and somehow I got reminded of it. I really want to find out which game it is.

So, all I remember is some kind of huge troll or demon, talking to two guys. The fat demon thing a very deep voice and they talked. Then, the demon picked up one of the guys and ate him alive slowly. I think the guy was all like "noooo" before being eaten. Then I think the chat with the second guy continued.

That's all I remember but I clearly remember the part where a guy got picked up and eaten by a monster.

Edit: I'm confused. I also remember a graphical test on the E3 where they've shown a bath tub with water and like threw a plastic duck in it to show off the water effects. Was it the PS3 announcement? It could have been a different E3 though.

That was at the 2005 E3, and yes it was a tech demo for the PS3...if that helps in any way to narrow down your search the game at all?

fashion
  • fashion

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 03 June 2017 - 06:17 AM

It could be from this E3. I thought this was the PS3 announcement so thanks for making it clear!

Though it's still hard to pinpoint the game. I was just a kid back then when I saw it.

KratosDrake
  • KratosDrake

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 04 June 2017 - 02:16 PM Edited by KratosDrake, 04 June 2017 - 09:53 PM.

I got a site with a list of games shown at E3 2005. Those were:
- Age of Empires III
- Alan Wake
- Black and White II
- Battlefield II
- Call of Duty II
- Civilization IV
- Company of Heroes
- Dungeons and Dragons Online: Stomreach
- The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion
- Enemy Territory: Quake Wars
- Fable: The Lost Chapters
- F.E.A.R.
- Half-Life II: Lost Coast
- Hitman: Blood Money
- The Lord of the Rings Online: Shadows of Angmar
- Prey
- Quake 4
- Spore
- Star Wars: Empire at War
- Unreal Tournament 2007
- The Witcher

Is any of these the one? EDIT: Information may or may not be right, considering I got this from IGN.

fashion
  • fashion

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 04 June 2017 - 06:15 PM

I guess my only option is to rewatch the conference. It seemed to be something rather magical, with that weird troll thing. Maybe it's Fable or even the first Witcher? I'll sh*t bricks if it was Witcher 1 all this time. Never played the first.

LiangHuBBB
  • LiangHuBBB

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 05 June 2017 - 07:37 AM

ppl need to give tekken 7 a try, great game

Gummy 
  • Gummy 

F*ck thyself

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 07 June 2017 - 08:44 PM

There's this old NES game which is a space shooter, I think it's similar to the one in the Johnson's house in GTA SA, though I might be mistaken. After you completed a level you travel between planets, from Mercury to Pluto, I think.

• KilnerLUFC likes this

KilnerLUFC
  • KilnerLUFC

The idiots are taking over

• Members
  • Somalia

Posted 09 June 2017 - 11:55 PM

There's this old NES game which is a space shooter, I think it's similar to the one in the Johnson's house in GTA SA, though I might be mistaken. After you completed a level you travel between planets, from Mercury to Pluto, I think.

Wasn't Gyruss by any chance?

Alpha Demigod
  • Alpha Demigod

Worthless deadbeat scumbag who deserves to die

• BUSTED!
  • Canada
  • Best Closet Brony 2016

Posted 10 June 2017 - 11:33 PM

I'm looking for a game that's like a Bioware RPG. Western-feeling, with third person dialogue scenes and a voiced character.

Don't suggest Witcher. I already know that one. Not Skyrim or Fallout either.

I know you might be thinking "but...but...there's only one Bioware!"

Not true, though. I found a game called The Technomancer which is pretty much Mass Effect with melee combat. And it meets all my requirements.

I'm wondering if there's any more games like these that flew under the radar

gta dad
  • gta dad

penis dickling, the goose

• The Connection
  • None
  • Most Member 2014

Posted 12 June 2017 - 03:10 AM

Might be a stupid suggestion but have you delved into Dragon Age at all? Origins is worth checking out, number 2 is probably worth a skip unless you really like the lore from the first game. Number 3 is also pretty fun.

KratosDrake
  • KratosDrake

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 13 June 2017 - 02:26 AM

NES Godzilla maybe?

Mister Pink
  • Mister Pink

Cyberpunk

• The Connection
  • None
  • Best Poster [Music] 2016
    Best Poster [Music] 2015
    Best Poster [Music] 2014
    Most Knowledgeable [Music] 2013
    Best Contributor [Music] 2012

Posted 13 June 2017 - 12:10 PM

....Not true, though. I found a game called The Technomancer which is pretty much Mass Effect with melee combat. And it meets all my requirements.

I'm wondering if there's any more games like these that flew under the radar

Yeah I've been wanting to play that, despite the mixed reviews.

fashion
  • fashion

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 13 June 2017 - 03:36 PM Edited by fashion, 13 June 2017 - 05:28 PM.

Wait, is it really like Mass Effect? Like, filled with dialogue options and player choices?

Could anyone, please send me the link to the Beyond Good & Evil 2 topic on this forum? Or bump it to the front page? The search function doesn't work on mobile at all and you can't check "search topic title only" in the search function!..

Edit: nevermind. Last topic was made in 2008 (!) when I googled it.I'm gonna open it when I have the time, if you want to open it then feel free to do so.

Unity_One
  • Unity_One

Player Hater

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 15 June 2017 - 12:29 AM

ppl need to give tekken 7 a try, great game

I bought the game last week and its better than i thought. Have played Tekken 5 and i think that the best game for this series.

SabreGT
  • SabreGT

And the winner by knockout is...!

• BUSTED!
  • England

Posted 20 July 2017 - 08:31 PM

What's Sniper Ghost Warrior 3 like?

I want an open world First person shooter whilst waiting for Far Cry 5 so would anyone recommend it? 

I don't mind unpolished games btw as long as they're not absolutely broken.

fashion
  • fashion

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 21 July 2017 - 10:52 AM Edited by fashion, 21 July 2017 - 10:53 AM.

I've heard it's a sh*tty mess full of long loading times, glitches and technical difficulties. Then again I haven't plaued it. Maybe it's not as bad as people say.

Not many open world fps on the market. How about Homefront: Revolution? I can't exactly recommend it as I didn't like it enough to actually finish it. Very lame voiceacting, lack of polish, some repetitiveness and broken stealth. Shooting mechanics and weapons variety are decent but it doesn't have anything groundbreaking. You can ride a cross and have RC car bombs.
Also, the world isn't really open, you move from an area to another with tunnels and so on. It plays in a completely demolished city and I did enjoy the atmosphere.

It's a decent game but it's flawed. I'd watch a few youtube vids and decide for yourself.
I didn't finish it myself because I had better, more polished games to play and didn't have the time to finish it, kind of. The game is far from a disaster, but the boring story and decent gameplay wasn't enough to keep me interested in the end.

Asmodo
  • Asmodo

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 28 July 2017 - 03:44 AM

What's Sniper Ghost Warrior 3 like?

I want an open world First person shooter whilst waiting for Far Cry 5 so would anyone recommend it? 

I don't mind unpolished games btw as long as they're not absolutely broken.

Dunno but I enjoyed the heck out of the multiplayer in the first one. I tried the second one but didn't like it as much.

Laker23
  • Laker23

Greatness From Small Beginnings

• Members
  • Bosnia-and-Herzegovina

Posted 28 July 2017 - 09:21 PM

Looking for recommendations. Games similar to Until Dawn?

Wife played through that recently and loved it. She likes not having to do so much in terms of controls, and the fact her actions/choices have an effect on the game.

I've heard two main suggestions so far, Heavy Rain and Beyond 2 Souls. Already played Heavy Rain way back, so would like something new to watch her play ideally.

KratosDrake
  • KratosDrake

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 29 July 2017 - 02:14 AM

Wife played through that recently and loved it. She likes not having to do so much in terms of controls, and the fact her actions/choices have an effect on the game.

I've heard two main suggestions so far, Heavy Rain and Beyond 2 Souls. Already played Heavy Rain way back, so would like something new to watch her play ideally.

Life is Strange, maybe?

Ai家Cob家
  • Ai家Cob家

Ban Roulette Winner 2017!

• Members
  • Antarctica
  • Ban Roulette Winner 2017

Posted 30 July 2017 - 07:08 AM

Trying to remember a game i played a while ago....

It was a ship simulator type game to where you did missions such as loading/unloading a cargo ship by putting the containers on semi's and such...

I do know the game IS NOT TransOcean or TransOcean 2 Rivals 

anthony
  • anthony

Everyone in Liberty sells their soul to the devil.

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 July 2017 - 07:18 AM

Beyond 2 souls was good, not as good as Heavy Rain to me but still good, I remember Fahrenheit was also good.

Thugazi
  • Thugazi

chichi get the yayo

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted 30 July 2017 - 10:41 AM

Tell Tale games for sure.

fashion
  • fashion

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 30 July 2017 - 03:45 PM Edited by fashion, 30 July 2017 - 03:46 PM.

Oxenfree, in case you're looking for a cheap indie game. Superb voice acting and a great atmosphere. Dialogue choices are everywhere.
Maybe not exactly what you're looking for but I'd watch a trailer or two.

It's the only other choice based horror game that comes to my mind. Oh and Telltale's walking dead.

Ai家Cob家
  • Ai家Cob家

Ban Roulette Winner 2017!

• Members
  • Antarctica
  • Ban Roulette Winner 2017

Posted 31 July 2017 - 08:04 PM

Trying to remember a game i played a while ago....

It was a ship simulator type game to where you did missions such as loading/unloading a cargo ship by putting the containers on semi's and such...

I do know the game IS NOT TransOcean or TransOcean 2 Rivals 

Found it- it was Ships 2017

fashion
  • fashion

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 21 August 2017 - 05:20 PM

Anyone willing to explain what's Dragon's Dogma and if it's a decent RPG? A remaster is coming for PS4 in october.

Original Light
  • Original Light

You Float Like a Feather

• The Connection
  • United-States

Posted 23 August 2017 - 03:34 PM

I've been falling behind with keeping track of games coming out before the end of this year. Other than Assassin's Creed Origins, are there any other AAA open-world games coming out between now and the end of the year? 

Alpha Demigod
  • Alpha Demigod

Worthless deadbeat scumbag who deserves to die

• BUSTED!
  • Canada
  • Best Closet Brony 2016

Posted 26 August 2017 - 09:53 PM Edited by Alpha Demigod, 26 August 2017 - 09:55 PM.

I'm looking for a game that has first-person combat that takes place in close quarters. Not Battlefield, COD, or most other FPS military games where you're blasting people a mile away.

These games emphasize melee combat and the shooting happens in tight environments. Something like...

1) Dishonored 2
2) Bioshock
3) Far Cry Primal
4) Deus Ex

Stuff like that.

Any suggestions?

fashion
  • fashion

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 27 August 2017 - 06:43 AM

Have you played the 4 games you mentioned or should I explain them?

Rainbow Six Siege might be what you're looking for. I've only played the trial though.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users