Quantcast

» «
Photo

Duke O Death nerfed at explosion proof & buffed at bullet proof?

7 replies to this topic
Misa.And.Her.Hubby
  • Misa.And.Her.Hubby

I'm a noob girl. And I told u.

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 19 April 2017 - 06:56 AM Edited by Misa.And.Her.Hubby, 19 April 2017 - 07:03 AM.

I watched some youtube vids before and it shows Duke O Death in single player mode resists one RPG (and it leaks fuel, catches fire and explodes eventually). However when I got my Duke O Death in Online Mode and I tried to shot a RPG on it, it exploded instantly.

It says the windshield of Duke O Death was completely non bullet proof although all other windows including the tiny one in front of the copilot seat are well protected. Is it buffed in Online Mode? I hope so otherwise my favorite car in game is only good at its looking.

TiberiusMcQueen
  • TiberiusMcQueen

Foolhardy

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 April 2017 - 07:39 AM Edited by TiberiusMcQueen, 19 April 2017 - 07:42 AM.

I've been shrugging off explosions left and right in the DoD, not sure what happened with yours, but the car can take some serious abuse from anything the average griefer throws at it, especially after upgrading the armor. It's one hell of a good vehicle for surviving in a public session.

• Chevchelious likes this

StangOne50
  • StangOne50

BEASTMODE

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 April 2017 - 01:19 PM

I watched some youtube vids before and it shows Duke O Death in single player mode resists one RPG (and it leaks fuel, catches fire and explodes eventually). However when I got my Duke O Death in Online Mode and I tried to shot a RPG on it, it exploded instantly.

It says the windshield of Duke O Death was completely non bullet proof although all other windows including the tiny one in front of the copilot seat are well protected. Is it buffed in Online Mode? I hope so otherwise my favorite car in game is only good at its looking.

You may have to be in the car for it to take the damage. I think the insurgent was like that. It could take more shots with a player in it then when it was empty.

Tails Prower
  • Tails Prower

Happy Birthday! Azu-nyan (11/11)

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 19 April 2017 - 02:21 PM

This may seem an obious question but did you apply the armour upgrade before your tests?

I tested mine last night and it withstood one rocket but then I was in the car at the time of the test (sticky bomb trap on road), I'm gonna do some proper testing later

though but it seems about the same as story mode to me.

Pedinhuh
  • Pedinhuh

Get down on it!

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 19 April 2017 - 03:31 PM

The Duke O' Death will explode if you don't apply armor on it.

I'm not sure which stage of armor makes it explosion-proof, but mine has 100% and survives 2 direct hit from RPGs and any other throwable explosive.
It also survives 6 rockets from the Ruiner 2000.

GodAllMarley
  • GodAllMarley

Thug

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 21 April 2017 - 01:21 AM

6 rockets, were you in it?? Mine explodes on 2nd rocket with nobody in the car, haven't tried with somebody in it. I have the highest armour on the car out of LSC, I pulled up to a player and he just shot through the drivers window like it had no protection at all.

Chevchelious
  • Chevchelious

----------Chev Chelios is still Alive----------

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 22 October 2017 - 05:30 PM

I've been shrugging off explosions left and right in the DoD, not sure what happened with yours, but the car can take some serious abuse from anything the average griefer throws at it, especially after upgrading the armor. It's one hell of a good vehicle for surviving in a public session.

I survive in Freeroam big time from normal griefers sh*tting at
me getting in my way while I am trying to do something productive.

I got blow away by that APC last night. I was backing up away from it,
He caught me by surprise...that thing is badd ass...

Also, when jets rain down on me in the duke, if I am flat out hauling ass, I get away.

6 rockets, were you in it?? Mine explodes on 2nd rocket with nobody in the car, haven't tried with somebody in it. I have the highest armour on the car out of LSC, I pulled up to a player and he just shot through the drivers window like it had no protection at all.

OK, this has happened to me before and it's because there is a open window in front of the drivers seat....that's how he got you...

elfoam
  • elfoam

High Roller

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 22 October 2017 - 06:53 PM Edited by elfoam, 22 October 2017 - 06:55 PM.

There's a glitch/bug in the Dukes body, You can shoot straight through the right rear quarter panel as if it isn't there at all. in fact you can shoot an RPG through the car and out the other side without it hitting anything. Rockstar refuse to fix it, I've emailed them 20 times about it. If you know where the hole is you can headshot anyone in the Duke with one bullet.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users