L.S. Endurance Circuit (PS4)(W.I.P.)

5 replies to this topic
AJFast12
  • AJFast12

Friendly Player and Racer

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 April 2017 - 03:18 AM

The L.S. Endurance Circuit is my largest creation and certainly my longest creation This track has been through 4 months of creation and planning on sketch paper. The track originally started out as a small track in mirror park, but i expanded upon it due to the track being small and cramped.

Here's the link to the video showcasing the track: https://m.youtube.co...h?v=APrbo2zvTcI

Here's a link to the track itself: http://rsg.ms/d3dc529

Im a rookie creator, so im sorry for any faults in the track or design. If they're are issues or improvements you would like to suggest, please let me know. 

• Frenchtone83 likes this

sleepwalk1980
  • sleepwalk1980

Foot Soldier

• Members
  • England

Posted 19 April 2017 - 07:12 AM

Looks good to me, can't play it as I'm XB1.

Perhaps consider moving the start line back a bit, it's really close to the first corner which always ends up being a clusterf*ck in contact racing.

Also this kind of set up looks scrappy. You can get nicer looking, smoother curves by sinking tubes, raised track or track barriers using the override commands

TkElLVm.png

Like this...

399ypAu.png

LXJfujr.png

fF1wm4K.png

It's those little touches that'll raise your game from good tracks to awesome tracks.

Watch some of the track showcases on Broughy's channel to get inspired.

Keep it up dude!

• Frenchtone83 likes this

FR_Player-One
  • FR_Player-One

NO BULLSHlT ALLOWED Pew Pew Pew - - -

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 April 2017 - 10:09 AM

(VERY) Long track = (VERY) lack of details and overal prop usage, which can make the track looks really bland.

Especially with this kind of set up for the props (first picture above), you used at least 6 props when you could have used one or two, maybe three, to mark the turn. And use the rest for other parts of the track.
If you tried to mark each turn like this, I bet you ran out of props to use really fast.

AJFast12
  • AJFast12

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 April 2017 - 10:36 AM

(VERY) Long track = (VERY) lack of details and overal prop usage, which can make the track looks really bland.

Especially with this kind of set up for the props (first picture above), you used at least 6 props when you could have used one or two, maybe three, to mark the turn. And use the rest for other parts of the track.
If you tried to mark each turn like this, I bet you ran out of props to use really fast.

Yes i did run out of props really quickly, especially for turns and offroad shortcuts

sleepwalk1980
  • sleepwalk1980

Foot Soldier

• Members
  • England

Posted 19 April 2017 - 12:11 PM

Pick one corner to work on, ignore the rest for now and see where you end up with it.

You'll find by playing with different props and the override commands that you'll soon figure out interesting ways of using props so that you can keep the track fresh all the way round.

Hope this comes across as constructive criticism!!!

AJFast12
  • AJFast12

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 April 2017 - 12:16 PM

Pick one corner to work on, ignore the rest for now and see where you end up with it.
You'll find by playing with different props and the override commands that you'll soon figure out interesting ways of using props so that you can keep the track fresh all the way round.

Hope this comes across as constructive criticism!!!

Thank you, ill work on one turn at a time and make sure its fresh and neat.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users