Photo

Will it have the same euphoria as rdr1?

25 replies to this topic
SleezerZ
  • SleezerZ

Portuguese Outlaw

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 17 April 2017 - 12:39 PM Edited by SleezerZ, 17 April 2017 - 12:49 PM.

I've read that alot of people are worried that rdr2 will have the same euphoria or physics as gta5 which was disappointing. While we all remember rdr1 having these amazing physics, do you think it will make a return for rdr2 now that they moved over to current gen console?

• FilipCRO likes this

Jason
  • Jason

Sporadic

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 17 April 2017 - 02:56 PM

It's possible they'll dial it back up as they'll have more resources to use up, with GTA V having way more NPC's and vehicles means they probably had to just turn it down a bit from RDR and even IV levels.

• SleezerZ likes this

MostWantedMVP
  • MostWantedMVP

OG

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 17 April 2017 - 03:10 PM Edited by MostWantedMVP, 17 April 2017 - 03:12 PM.

Of course. GTAV's physics were horrendous but that was due to hardware limitation on last gen consoles. 

I think in RDR2, it will be just like RDR1 but updated to be better.

• tonko, jackemannen and SleezerZ like this

PoeticWhisper
  • PoeticWhisper

Owner of Up-n-Atom Diner, Paleto Bay

• Paleto Bay Mayor's Office
  • None

Posted 17 April 2017 - 03:58 PM

I think what made RDR's physics so good, shooting wise is because they tried to make the movements like your classic spaghetti western. People flailed around when they got shot and took a good bit of bullets to kill. They overeacted to the bullets but it was great because it was satisfying to watch. That's not to say RDR's physics were perfect though. Falling was probably the least convincing falling R* has done since using the Euphoria Engine. Even falling in GTA IV looked better. 

However, gunplay in Red Dead was the best R* has ever done IMO, even better than Max Payne 3. The bullet impacts were strong, and people reacted to them really well. The guns had a lot of oomph, and they felt dangerous. This is something I really hope they can re-capture for RDR 2, or even improve. 

• GTA_fear, tonko and SleezerZ like this

SleezerZ
  • SleezerZ

Portuguese Outlaw

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 17 April 2017 - 04:50 PM

It's possible they'll dial it back up as they'll have more resources to use up, with GTA V having way more NPC's and vehicles means they probably had to just turn it down a bit from RDR and even IV levels.

That's a good point, didn't think about the NPC's and Vehicles.

Jason
  • Jason

Sporadic

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 17 April 2017 - 04:58 PM

Yea, a better comparison for Euphoria downgrade would be GTA IV > GTA V. They turned Euphoria way down for V, but ramped up everything else massively. Go check out IV and the city life is hella basic compared to V, not just NPC and vehicle counts, but the variety, the trash on the floor, all the improved visuals etc. Something had to give for those improvements, it wasn't all a case of them knowing the hardware better and having an improved version of RAGE - and Euphoria was quite possibly one of those sacrifices.

• SleezerZ likes this

Piggsy pls
  • Piggsy pls

pls

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 April 2017 - 05:44 PM Edited by Piggsy pls, 18 April 2017 - 02:42 PM.

They have no reason to keep GTA V's boring ragdoll for this game. It's being made exclusively for current gen. If they use GTA V's physics, I'll be hella disappointed. It's literally the thing I hate the most about GTA V, but at least there, you could mod the game on PC or use the low gravity cheat on consoles for better ragdoll. If this game doesn't come to PC and doesn't have such a cheat, then we won't even be able to do that.

SleezerZ
  • SleezerZ

Portuguese Outlaw

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 17 April 2017 - 06:06 PM

They have no reason to keep GTA V's boring ragdoll for this game. It's being made exclusively for current gen. If they use GTA V's physics, I'll be hella disappointed. It's literally the thing I hate the most about GTA V, but at least there, you could mod the game on PC or use the low gravity cheat on cosoles for better ragdoll. If this game doesn't come to PC and doesn't have such a cheat, then we won't even be able to do that.

Yeah same here, I dont play gta 5 as much cuz the ragdolls are kinda boring ;/

• Piggsy pls likes this

Payne Killer
  • Payne Killer

f*ck you

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 April 2017 - 05:17 AM

V is a last gen game, so we'll get an improvement of RDR, no reason for them to take two steps back from the animations in RDR, game was near perfect.
  • anthony likes this

tonko
  • tonko

sgt. Handsome

• Members
  • Croatia

Posted 18 April 2017 - 06:17 AM

Of course it will be. I'm hyping asf over here with money in my hand, ready to preorder the sh*t out of RDR2.

TheManWithNoName
  • TheManWithNoName

Trick

• Members

Posted 18 April 2017 - 11:56 AM

Man I hope so. This is also my biggest wish for the game. Gta V's physics were really boring.
It took about 6 shots to kill someone it was ridiculous.. when you shot a thief they'd get back up 3 times and keep running off like they had just tripped over a stone!
RDR physics were amazing and make the game 10x more fun than V.
V is a good game but let down by the ps2 level shoot outs.
They're gonna have to do something different anyway cos I can't imagine V's physics looking acceptable in RDR2, especially when shooting someone off a horse.. you guys all seem to think it will be a lot better and I hope you're right!
The gun sounds also suck in V.
  • SleezerZ likes this

Spider-Vice
  • Spider-Vice

...I will very carefully explain to you why it cannot be.

• Zaibatsu
  • Portugal
  • Best Poster [Rockstar Games] 2016
    Contribution Award [GTA V]

Posted 18 April 2017 - 12:07 PM

Rockstar has a proprietary version of NaturalMotion's Euphoria, in fact, they directly helped NaturalMotion develop it during GTA IV. The public version is not like Rockstar's. This article gives a lot of insight on Rockstar's development process of it.

That said, Euphoria is CPU based for physics simulation, I am assuming GTA V had to have the physics dialed down because it was already maxing out the last gen consoles, and the next gen version was basically a port. They didn't even change the animations (they're interpolated). I'm hoping in RDR2 we'll get a much better version of Euphoria, almost sure we will.

• Jason, _Klebitz_, Mr. Leisurewear and 4 others like this

SleezerZ
  • SleezerZ

Portuguese Outlaw

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 18 April 2017 - 12:20 PM

Rockstar has a proprietary version of NaturalMotion's Euphoria, in fact, they directly helped NaturalMotion develop it during GTA IV. The public version is not like Rockstar's. This article gives a lot of insight on Rockstar's development process of it.

That said, Euphoria is CPU based for physics simulation, I am assuming GTA V had to have the physics dialed down because it was already maxing out the last gen consoles, and the next gen version was basically a port. They didn't even change the animations (they're interpolated). I'm hoping in RDR2 we'll get a much better version of Euphoria, almost sure we will.

Great reply and thanks for the link ;)

anthony
  • anthony

Everyone in Liberty sells their soul to the devil.

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 April 2017 - 11:56 AM Edited by anthony, 23 April 2017 - 12:14 PM.

with GTA V having way more NPC's and vehicles means they probably had to just turn it down a bit from RDR and even IV levels.

No.

I have Euphoria Ragdoll Overhaul on my xbox 360 and the game run perfectly fine, I want to believe that R* went stupid as f*ck, a shame.

OT:

I hope RDR2 will get an upgrade of RDR ragdoll.

Efreet
  • Efreet

I will keep you in black, on your behalf

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 April 2017 - 12:19 PM

I would say that there's a possibility RDR2 will feature a new animations engine made and owned by R*. We discovered several newly hired employees who specialize in animations/physics research and development, some of whom hold PhDs. First there's a financial incentive to take this step as R* wouldn't need to pay a third party to integrate their solution and keep it updated for every new project, and second they would have the complete control over what they want to achieve and what boundaries they want to reach. The developer of Euphoria, NaturalMotion, was acquired by Zynga (game development company), so this might also change things. 

Spider-Vice
  • Spider-Vice

• Zaibatsu
  • Portugal

Posted 23 April 2017 - 01:19 PM

They likely no longer pay a third party anyway as their version of Euphoria is fully customised. They probably rely on NaturalMotion less and less these days. Their build of Euphoria is unique.
  • SleezerZ likes this

SleezerZ
  • SleezerZ

Portuguese Outlaw

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 23 April 2017 - 02:00 PM

They likely no longer pay a third party anyway as their version of Euphoria is fully customised. They probably rely on NaturalMotion less and less these days. Their build of Euphoria is unique.

Do they have full rights of their Euphoria build or do they still need NaturalMotion? Hearing this makes me worry that they need a different engine in the future.

Piggsy pls
  • Piggsy pls

pls

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 April 2017 - 04:14 PM

with GTA V having way more NPC's and vehicles means they probably had to just turn it down a bit from RDR and even IV levels.

No.

I have Euphoria Ragdoll Overhaul on my xbox 360 and the game run perfectly fine, I want to believe that R* went stupid as f*ck, a shame.

OT:

Yeah. I have that mod on the PC version but the game doesn't run any slower with or without it. So I really do wonder what the reason was for Rockstar toning it down so much. Euphoria was always praised in IV, RDR and MP3 so it can't be because of criticism.
  • anthony likes this

Pedinhuh
  • Pedinhuh

Get down on it!

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 30 April 2017 - 11:21 PM

No.

OT:

Wait up, how the f*ck did you do that?
I didn't knew last gen games could run with such deeper mods.

Dee.
  • Dee.

GTAV= Style over substance

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 01 May 2017 - 07:57 AM Edited by DeeDogg_, 01 May 2017 - 07:58 AM.

Great reply and thanks for the link ;)

that was an excellent read! does anyone know if R* still works extensively with Natural Motion?

• SleezerZ likes this

Spider-Vice
  • Spider-Vice

• Zaibatsu
  • Portugal

Posted 01 May 2017 - 08:06 AM

I'm sure they do. Although their tech is heavily customised, they probably still need NaturalMotion.
  • SleezerZ likes this

Dee.
  • Dee.

GTAV= Style over substance

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 01 May 2017 - 08:11 AM

Heres UbiSofts prototype for their physics engine.

How ironic would it be if Ubi surpasses R* in the physics department? lol

I'm sure they do. Although their tech is heavily customised, they probably still need NaturalMotion.

Thats good to hear. The guys over at Natural Motion really know their sh*t if that interview is anything to go by. And now that R* has such powerful machines to work with, we should be very optimistic that RDR2's physics will blow us away

anthony
  • anthony

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 May 2017 - 04:13 PM Edited by anthony, 02 May 2017 - 04:15 PM.

Wait up, how the f*ck did you do that?

I didn't knew last gen games could run with such deeper mods.

I have a JTAG which allow me to open and edit game in a very similar way than a PC game.

I also have blood, handling and weapon (recoil) mods.

Red Dead Rebel
  • Red Dead Rebel

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • Kuwait

Posted 05 May 2017 - 09:47 PM

I am more worried about the toned down bullet holes, injuries, and blood than physics.

Max Payne 3 was amazing.

• Xayah likes this

Mr. Leisurewear
  • Mr. Leisurewear

Gena ?

• Members
  • Belgium

Posted 05 May 2017 - 11:53 PM

It's all about balancing out every aspect.

Redemption 1 : Vast open world , render bucket: terrain , instanced vegetation (cheap), a couple o structures and behold you have some juicyness over for good animations (which we got)

V : Vast open world , city structures , countryside , lots of npc's, cars  , instanced vegetation , not so much left for juicy euphoria so a botched down version

Redemption 2 : Same as Redemption 1 only difference now is , new consoles so probably a upped version from Payne :)

Lets all hope i'm correct tho , i really hated the V animations.

anthony
  • anthony

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 May 2017 - 09:16 AM

That's wrong, as some mods prove the opposit already.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users