Quantcast

» «
Photo

why do sourced cars sometimes catch fire for no reason?

14 replies to this topic
hugh750
  • hugh750

i drive fast and shoot at enemies in gta.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 16 April 2017 - 02:22 AM

why do sourced cars sometimes catch fire for no reason?

twice lately i've noticed sourced cars that i'm taking to my vehicle warehouse catch fire for no reason, the last one happened tonight while i was driving it to my warehouse and it was only slightly damaged (close to $2,000 damage) until another player left the session and it suddenly caught fire and it was at $12,000 damage.

is it a bug or is it an exploit that some players are intentionally using to ruin other players fun??

Khephera
  • Khephera

Unite The Best, Divide The Rest

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 16 April 2017 - 02:27 AM

Because R* is stupid. It's intentionally implemented by R* when the last player leaves the lobby - your car will catch fire. I guess it's because R* doesn't want you to do these things solo, but then why doesn't it always catch fire when you are alone in a public lobby? They are dumb.

Sky_Light12
  • Sky_Light12

insane troll, the troll prodigy

• Members
  • Indonesia

Posted 16 April 2017 - 02:28 AM

maybe it has something to do with lobby , because everytime a player leaves the session , the stolen car may catch on fire

for stealing car from other player , it may be justifyable to prevent the thief easily stealing the car , the first one who stole it must be respawn first to prevent the stolen car set on fire ( indicated if their corpse disappear )

somewhat similar case for cargobob detach the car for no reason . in solo public , this never happens to me yet in filled public , it does happen to me when i tried to bring the turreted limo to my yacht

jeremy813
  • jeremy813

British Firm for Life

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 16 April 2017 - 02:30 AM

That's terrible hugh750. I've not had that happen yet. Hopefully it's a pretty rare bug.
  • Khephera likes this

hugh750
  • hugh750

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 16 April 2017 - 02:33 AM Edited by hugh750, 16 April 2017 - 02:35 AM.

That's terrible hugh750. I've not had that happen yet. Hopefully it's a pretty rare bug.

i've just found out it's a anti duping measure rockstar implemented but didn't think it through because there are times when you can find your self alone in a session while delivering a car.

• jeremy813 likes this

Coninefan
  • Coninefan

Gangsta

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 16 April 2017 - 02:38 AM

It's to prevent people from lagging everyone out of their session.

Unfortunately for Rockstar, it doesn't take effect until you're driving the car.

Source car. If it's one you want, lag everyone out. 

• Khephera likes this

elfoam
  • elfoam

OG

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 16 April 2017 - 02:44 AM

If the lobby goes solo the car catches fire. Its kinda stupid because if you start it solo it doesn't happen. Also you can steal other players cars without then catching fire by splitting the lobby if you do it right. So in general its all jacked up as usual, its called greed.
  • Khephera likes this

hugh750
  • hugh750

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 16 April 2017 - 02:46 AM

but it's odd because i think there was only one other player left in the session besides myself.

FlacidJack
  • FlacidJack

Gangsta

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 16 April 2017 - 02:50 AM

It is intentional but it's totally illogical, lobbies randomly empty so many times that the only smart way to source a car now is once you're already in an empty session.
  • Coninefan and Khephera like this

Aznknight
  • Aznknight

How may I offend you today?

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 16 April 2017 - 02:59 AM

R* loves watching us waste time.
111 crates to collect? Dafackoutttaaaahere

Sorry man

tommyguns
  • tommyguns

Trick

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 16 April 2017 - 02:17 PM

Happened to me last night, with only the 3rd car I have ever sourced, an ETRI with just a couple hundred damage...blew up just around the corner from my warehouse

The Sole Survivor
  • The Sole Survivor

of vault 111

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 16 April 2017 - 02:25 PM

this happened in a pseudo friends only session i was in which lagged out

Mr. Larson
  • Mr. Larson

Homeboy

• Members
  • European-Union

Posted 16 April 2017 - 03:46 PM

Because R* is stupid. It's intentionally implemented by R* when the last player leaves the lobby - your car will catch fire. I guess it's because R* doesn't want you to do these things solo, but then why doesn't it always catch fire when you are alone in a public lobby? They are dumb.

Yes and no. Yes, they are stupid as f*ck. But no, it actually serves a purpose. You could easily do "car sharing". Two players with the same warehouse in a session, one lags out right in front of the garage door and both drive the car in.

Now, people can still do this if they accept the 34k loss and there is no need to do it, because everyone can just source high range cars within 2 minutes anyway. 

They always try to be smartasses with their anti-glitch-mechanics. Like making thousands of user created jobs unplayable because they had props or triggers under the map. Always does more damage than it helps and next week another easy money glitch is out anyways. 

Mattcarnes
  • Mattcarnes

Snitch

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 16 April 2017 - 11:18 PM

rockstar does this sh*t because take 2 doesn't want to you get money the easy way hell if it wasn't for the fact your forced to be in public lobbies for bikes and CEO everyone would do it privately

Plage
  • Plage

Self Medicated

• Members
  • Nepal

Posted 18 April 2017 - 05:38 AM

I had it two times by now that a car got on fire and was destroyed that way during aquisitions. I'm sure it was done by cheaters via a modmenu.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users