GTA 3 - VC cars in action

46 replies to this topic
Maru89
  • Maru89

Player Hater

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 04 August 2017 - 04:49 PM

What about converting LCS cars to GTA III and add them?

I'd need to get LCS' gta3.img file first.

Get the GTA LCS Vehicles Big Pack from GTA Garage it has all the vehicles from LCS and there already converted to VC

I will consider that for sure.

3 month old discussion, but I don't reccomend these. Use the ones from the LCS to VC mod by Surya since they are converted from the mobile version (and they aren't different from the other ports at all, model wise) and won't be a pain in the ass to smooth them.

Already tried the original ones and they crashed the game like mad. I might take a look into that mod.

Russell_Stone
  • Russell_Stone

Rat

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 August 2017 - 07:51 PM

Surya's mod is for VC, we're talking about GTA3 here. Alpha-channels are a bit different, if I remember correctly.

Jinx.
  • Jinx.

we wuz kingz

• Facade Corporation
  • Romania
  • Best Total Overhaul 2017 Contribution [GTA: Underground]
    Best WIP Mod 2014 [Grand Theft Auto 3D]

Posted 05 August 2017 - 08:50 PM Edited by Jinx., 05 August 2017 - 08:56 PM.

Surya's mod is for VC, we're talking about GTA3 here. Alpha-channels are a bit different, if I remember correctly.

It doesn't make any difference though? VC cars can be used in III with no problems if you change the TXD format, but they won't be as reflective, thus being a little bit unfitting. Editing the materials in 3Ds Max fixes this. I never encountered any issues with the alpha channels when editing the cars and even when using them directly from the game, with the changed TXD format. It's useless to mention stuff like "ITS GTA 3 NOT VC" when you can get them in the game with some tweaks.

Who cares if Surya's mod is for VC? They are converted from mobile and they work ingame, so they should work in III aswell. Albeit I don't reccomend messing with them in Max if you're not ready for material and hierarchy editing, because they seem to be screwed for some reason (every material having the 1.0 specular value yet some of them aren't supossed to). Not only this, but the hierarchy is messed up aswell (every dummy and model is linked to the chassis_dummy, minus the car dummy).

Between Majestic's cars and Surya's mobile converted ones, I'd choose material editing and hierarchy reorganizing (mobile ones) over smoothing blocky models (majestic ones), but they aren't a bad choice either.

Maru89
  • Maru89

Player Hater

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 06 January 2018 - 08:56 AM Edited by Maru89, 06 January 2018 - 08:56 AM.

I can finally announce version 3.0 is up!

Sorry it took so long, adulthood, work and tons of other things on my head.

Also I need a little help with GTA Garage, maybe someone out there knows the solution. More details here: http://gtaforums.com...entry1069965683

• unbid and Jeansowaty like this

unbid
  • unbid

Sgt. Pooper Lonely Farts Club

• Zaibatsu
  • Indonesia
  • Best Newsletter 2017 [GTAF Weekly]
    Contribution Award [GTAF Weekly]

Posted 4 weeks ago Edited by unbid, 4 weeks ago.

Tested this mod, and I love it. The way that the traffics and vehicle spawn point integrates with the addon cars really puts the cherry on top.

Although, you forgot to add the VC Bobcat to the mix...

EDIT: Any idea how to obtain the Liberty Soul FM just like in your video?

Maru89
  • Maru89

Player Hater

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 4 weeks ago

Tested this mod, and I love it. The way that the traffics and vehicle spawn point integrates with the addon cars really puts the cherry on top.

What do you mean by obtaining Liberty Soul FM? It is just renamed MP3 Player.

unbid
  • unbid

• Zaibatsu
  • Indonesia

Posted 4 weeks ago

What do you mean by obtaining Liberty Soul FM? It is just renamed MP3 Player.

Ooh, I thought that you add a new station. My bad.

Also, the Z-Type is too high poly and stick out among the low poly III and VC cars which makes it look odd, but that's my personal opinion. Take it or leave it.

Maru89
  • Maru89

Player Hater

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 4 weeks ago

Ooh, I thought that you add a new station. My bad.

Also, the Z-Type is too high poly and stick out among the low poly III and VC cars which makes it look odd, but that's my personal opinion. Take it or leave it.

Yeah, I know Z-Type is kinda out of its place, but I wanted some non-sport and luxury car for snobs. I knew many people might not like that idea but it is not possible to please everybody around :p .

Xegethra
  • Xegethra

Trick

• Members
  • England

Posted 4 weeks ago

Hey, GTA 3 needs the variety, it's also nice to see something that isn't another sports car. Nothing against them, they're just a bit over-saturated.

• Jeansowaty likes this

Russell_Stone
  • Russell_Stone

Rat

• Members
  • None

Posted 2 weeks ago

BTW, regarding Boxville and Top Fun. Its not really a bug. Rear doors of these vans were never meant to be enterable. Top Fun is loaded with RC Cars, theres no room. Boxville is a service truck, there are no seats.

Maru89
  • Maru89

Player Hater

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 2 weeks ago Edited by Maru89, 2 weeks ago.

BTW, regarding Boxville and Top Fun. Its not really a bug. Rear doors of these vans were never meant to be enterable. Top Fun is loaded with RC Cars, theres no room. Boxville is a service truck, there are no seats.

That's interesting actually. GTA Wiki says that Boxville's capacity in GTA VC is 2 and Top Fun has a capacity of 4 people. Anyway I'm gonna show you the glitch that I mentioned before:

You can clearly see that Misty is desperately trying to open rear doors of both cars but without any success. And I just realized guys from Rockstar were smart enough to fix that bug by themselves and just teleported the NPC near the front door.

Russell_Stone
  • Russell_Stone

Rat

• Members
  • None

Posted 2 weeks ago

In order to determine the amount of seats in the vehicle, game checks DFF file data. So this bug is fixable inside ZModeler or something like that. It has nothing to do with scripts or anything in that nature.

• Maru89 likes this

Maru89
  • Maru89

Player Hater

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 2 weeks ago

In order to determine the amount of seats in the vehicle, game checks DFF file data. So this bug is fixable inside ZModeler or something like that. It has nothing to do with scripts or anything in that nature.

Thanks for letting me know, I'll check that one for sure.

Maru89
  • Maru89

Player Hater

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 4 days ago Edited by Maru89, A day ago.

The mod is finally available on GTA Garage, so no need to get it from Dropbox anymore. I just separated audio folder and .asi files into different .rar to avoid unnecessary duplicates.

EDIT:

Another announcement from me about the mod. A little upgrade to the version 3.0 is up. It just replaces the Z-Type with the Thunder-Rodd from GTA Liberty City Stories.

EDIT 2:

Gee, a lot of edits for today. I'm glad to tell you that I fixed the glitch with inaccessible rear seats of the Boxville and the Top Fun. Also I fixed the back seats of the Romero's Hearse, peds will not sit inside the coffin anymore.

Thanks Russel_Stone and ermaccer!

• Jeansowaty and Ivan1997GTA like this

unbid
  • unbid

• Zaibatsu
  • Indonesia

Posted 16 hours ago

EDIT:
Another announcement from me about the mod. A little upgrade to the version 3.0 is up. It just replaces the Z-Type with the Thunder-Rodd from GTA Liberty City Stories.

Does that mean there will be LCS cars added into III in the future?

Also, how about adding the VC Bobcat into III?

Maru89
  • Maru89

Player Hater

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 15 hours ago

EDIT:

Does that mean there will be LCS cars added into III in the future?

Also, how about adding the VC Bobcat into III?

Might add some of them in the future, along with the VC Bobcat, people seem to like that car.

• unbid likes this

Jeansowaty
  • Jeansowaty

My music's my favourite music ever.

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 11 hours ago

I'm all for that, good work! ;)

• Maru89 likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users