GTA 3 - VC cars in action

32 replies to this topic
Maru89
  • Maru89

Player Hater

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 2 weeks ago

What about converting LCS cars to GTA III and add them?

I'd need to get LCS' gta3.img file first.

Get the GTA LCS Vehicles Big Pack from GTA Garage it has all the vehicles from LCS and there already converted to VC

I will consider that for sure.

3 month old discussion, but I don't reccomend these. Use the ones from the LCS to VC mod by Surya since they are converted from the mobile version (and they aren't different from the other ports at all, model wise) and won't be a pain in the ass to smooth them.

Already tried the original ones and they crashed the game like mad. I might take a look into that mod.

Russell_Stone
  • Russell_Stone

Rat

• Members
  • None

Posted 2 weeks ago

Surya's mod is for VC, we're talking about GTA3 here. Alpha-channels are a bit different, if I remember correctly.

Jinx.
  • Jinx.

amigo

• Facade Corporation
  • United-States
  • Best WIP Mod 2014 [Grand Theft Auto 3D]

Posted 2 weeks ago Edited by Jinx., 2 weeks ago.

Surya's mod is for VC, we're talking about GTA3 here. Alpha-channels are a bit different, if I remember correctly.

It doesn't make any difference though? VC cars can be used in III with no problems if you change the TXD format, but they won't be as reflective, thus being a little bit unfitting. Editing the materials in 3Ds Max fixes this. I never encountered any issues with the alpha channels when editing the cars and even when using them directly from the game, with the changed TXD format. It's useless to mention stuff like "ITS GTA 3 NOT VC" when you can get them in the game with some tweaks.

Who cares if Surya's mod is for VC? They are converted from mobile and they work ingame, so they should work in III aswell. Albeit I don't reccomend messing with them in Max if you're not ready for material and hierarchy editing, because they seem to be screwed for some reason (every material having the 1.0 specular value yet some of them aren't supossed to). Not only this, but the hierarchy is messed up aswell (every dummy and model is linked to the chassis_dummy, minus the car dummy).

Between Majestic's cars and Surya's mobile converted ones, I'd choose material editing and hierarchy reorganizing (mobile ones) over smoothing blocky models (majestic ones), but they aren't a bad choice either.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users