Photo

GTA 3 - VC cars in action

25 replies to this topic
Maru89
  • Maru89

Player Hater

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 15 April 2017 - 04:02 PM Edited by Maru89, 3 weeks ago.

First of all, this mod requires CLEO library for GTA 3, which can be found here.

"GTA 3 - VC cars in action" might be considered as the extended version of my old "GTA 3 - Beta cars in action" mod. Instead of beta GTA 3 cars it adds some VC cars to the game, but that's not the end, there's a lot more.

Some major changes:

- new cars added (not replaced) to your game,
- new missions, there are 110 of them now,
- a little upgrades in basic GTA 3 missions,
- every car will be parked at least once somewhere in Liberty,
- new peds will appear around the city,
- Leone Family's members will spawn in Trenton (not as often as in Saint Mark's and only on foot),
- both gates to the backlot of the Staunton LCPD station will now open for Police car, Enforcer and FBI car,
- the Ghost will be docked somewhere in Liberty,
- all cars added to traffic,

- new ability: regeneration, it will be available after completing the Paramedic side-mission,

- new prize from the Yakuza: two of their members will stay at your side to help you in fight,

- all unused music loops will appear around the Liberty,

- Enforcers will spawn on the streets around police stations,

- Toyz rampages for every gang in Liberty,

- the Dodo and unique stunt jumps glitch has been fixed, also one will not be able to do the unique stunt jumps with the Dodo,

- the subtitles for King Courtney's missions has been fixed,

- Marty Chonks will send you a message on the pager, he will also have a blip on the radar,

- Donald Love will send you a message on the pager (for some reason it still exists in the game, but is unused),

- after completing the payphone missions you won't nbe able to redo them over and over again,
- after 'Grand Theft Aero' mission Yakuza Stingers will spawn in Fort Staunton area,
- after 'The Exchange' gangs won't attack you anymore.

New missions mean there must be new employers to work for. That includes:

- an old tramp(?) named Darkel,

- Curtly, the owner of the Supa Save!,

- Chunky Lee Chong (before his death of course),

- Mike Forelli (same as above),

- The Yakuza Kanbu (if you take him out of the prison),

- Toyz'n The Hood company,

- some movie crew without the stuntman,

- and even Sam Houser himself!

I did beta tests with GTA 3 version 1.1, finished the 100% of the mod and no random crashes or weird bugs appeared.

Some screens:

Lips Forelli's marker

Chunky Lee Chong's marker

Curtly's marker

Darkel's marker

Toyz'n The Hood's marker

Offroad challenges' marker

Kanbu's marker

Sam Houser's marker

Baggage Handler

Blista Compact

Golf Caddy

Regina

Sabre Turbo

Sabre

Washington

Yakuza bodyguards

And here's a little video:

Installing this mod is as easy as pie, just replace all files, delete your txd.dir and txd.img from your gta3/models folder and that's it. Just enjoy!

Version 2.0 is up!

After some time I managed to get this one to work correctly. 30 more cars added to your game, they'll also have unique handlings, different engine and door sounds.

Here's the list of the cars added in this version:

Admiral, Benson, Boxville, Burrito, Comet, Cuban Hermes, Deluxo, Gang Burrito, Glendale, Greenwood, Hermes, Hotring Racer (only the HOTRINA and HOTRINB variants), Kaufman Cab, Love Fist, Mesa Grande, Oceanic, Packer, Phoenix, Rancher, Romero's Hearse, Sandking, School Bus, Sentinel XS, Spand Express, Virgo, Voodoo, Walton, Zebra Cab.

Also the Corpse variant of Manana will work properly now.

I tried my best to fix all bugs. Even though there are some fps drops sometimes, but other than that it seems to be fine. Just remember you'll have to start a new game, because save files from version 1.0 won't work with version 2.0 and vice versa.

Some video as usual:

DOWNLOAD

Check the description, this is where you'll find the links.

CREDITS:
BEGINit - ped models,
ermaccer - Sabre Turbo model,

Jeansowaty - ped models,

Maru89 - all other models,

qwerty213 - School Bus model (version 2.0 only),
X2X123 - Beta Police car and Beta Enforcer models,

//XP// - Curtly's model,

YochiThMaster333 - Blista Compact, Regina, Sabre & Washington models.
All models used with permission!

SPECIAL THANKS:
ZAZ - for the help with the Sanny Builder scripts.

• Jinx., universetwisters, APCgames100 and 7 others like this

MSB165
  • MSB165

Trial and error?

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 16 April 2017 - 12:05 AM Edited by MSB165, 16 April 2017 - 12:15 AM.

Very good, nice work right there! Hope it will have more updates!! EDIT: replacing is not needed, just use the modloder!

Russell_Stone
  • Russell_Stone

Rat

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 April 2017 - 02:30 PM

Is it released? If so, please upload it to Dropbox. GTAGarage is going nuts once again.

Maru89
  • Maru89

Player Hater

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 18 April 2017 - 03:11 PM

Is it released? If so, please upload it to Dropbox. GTAGarage is going nuts once again.

Seems like the best idea right now, I'm still waiting for any responce to my support ticket, but no luck at the moment.

Russell_Stone
  • Russell_Stone

Rat

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 April 2017 - 06:05 PM Edited by Russell_Stone, 18 April 2017 - 06:06 PM.

So I've got my hand on this DLC (I'm not mistaken, it really feels like one). Right now I've only found two downsides.

1. You need to fix your american.gxt file. It lacks some missing lines such as the names of the new cars.

2. If you're using 1.1 version as a base, why did you add cars using this outdated method which involves 15x ID's? You should swap to Limit Adjuster by Vitigland and you will be able to add ALL VC cars with their own sounds, abilities and handling lines. That'll be much better.

Jinx.
  • Jinx.

my nama jeff

• Facade Corporation
  • None
  • Best WIP Mod 2014 [Grand Theft Auto 3D]

Posted 18 April 2017 - 06:09 PM Edited by Jinx., 18 April 2017 - 06:12 PM.

tfw I confused this mod with the other VC Cars mod

Nice stuff you got there! You should consider Russell's suggestions. Using that limit adjuster will save you lots of trouble, belive me. Also, if you want, you can use my VC cars in III Style (from my workshop). They should fit just right with III's atmosphere :)

Russell_Stone
  • Russell_Stone

Rat

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 April 2017 - 06:27 PM

tfw I confused this mod with the other VC Cars mod

I know about that mod too, but unfortunately I'm still unable to make it open. It crashes the game at the very first loading screen.

• Jinx. likes this

Maru89
  • Maru89

Player Hater

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 18 April 2017 - 06:42 PM

So I've got my hand on this DLC (I'm not mistaken, it really feels like one). Right now I've only found two downsides.

1. You need to fix your american.gxt file. It lacks some missing lines such as the names of the new cars.

2. If you're using 1.1 version as a base, why did you add cars using this outdated method which involves 15x ID's? You should swap to Limit Adjuster by Vitigland and you will be able to add ALL VC cars with their own sounds, abilities and handling lines. That'll be much better.

1. I checked this to be sure and american.gxt is fine. You should make sure you replaced it correctly which means your Windows did not lock your american.gxt and made it "invisible". That happened to me several times.

2. I already did such stuff and added over 30 VC cars.

Russell_Stone
  • Russell_Stone

Rat

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 April 2017 - 06:53 PM

1. I checked this to be sure and american.gxt is fine. You should make sure you replaced it correctly which means your Windows did not lock your american.gxt and made it "invisible". That happened to me several times.

It's replaced correctly because I received a message from Marty and it was fine. If you added 30 cars, why didn't you release that version?

Maru89
  • Maru89

Player Hater

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 18 April 2017 - 07:04 PM Edited by Maru89, 18 April 2017 - 07:11 PM.

It's replaced correctly because I received a message from Marty and it was fine. If you added 30 cars, why didn't you release that version?

That is weird, because they are there. And I did not release it yet, I'm still checking if that works correctly.

EDIT: Oh right, Marty's message was in the original american.gxt just unused. Have you got messages from Lips Forelli and Chunky Lee Chong too?

Russell_Stone
  • Russell_Stone

Rat

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 April 2017 - 07:12 PM

That is weird, because they are there. And I did not release it yet, I'm still checking if that works correctly.

EDIT: Oh right, Marty's message was in the original american.gxt just unused. Have you got messages from Lips Forelli and Chunky Lee Chong too?

I've fixed the problem. Turns out Russian pirates embedded original gtx file directly into exe and it was overriding text folder.

Maru89
  • Maru89

Player Hater

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 18 April 2017 - 07:13 PM

I've fixed the problem. Turns out Russian pirates embedded original gtx file directly into exe and it was overriding text folder.

Alright, I'm glad it works then, enjoy.

Maru89
  • Maru89

Player Hater

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 3 weeks ago

Version 2.0 is up! Enjoy!

• Jinx., Jeansowaty and Ivan1997GTA like this

JackProductions
  • JackProductions

Running in the 80s

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 3 weeks ago

looks good but why not add the vice city cheetah, vice cheetah, banshee, infernus, stretch, sentinel, stinger, and FBI Washington.     

Russell_Stone
  • Russell_Stone

Rat

• Members
  • None

Posted 3 weeks ago

looks good but why not add the vice city cheetah, vice cheetah, banshee, infernus, stretch, sentinel, stinger, and FBI Washington.     

Fiirst of all - they're not converted properly.

Second - they have their modern counterparts in the game already.

• Ivan1997GTA likes this

Maru89
  • Maru89

Player Hater

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 3 weeks ago

Washington in this mod already uses FBI Washington's handling, so there's no point for adding it. As for the other cars Russel already gave a good word about it. Even though I might give it a try and name them "VC something".

• Ivan1997GTA likes this

Russell_Stone
  • Russell_Stone

Rat

• Members
  • None

Posted 3 weeks ago

Washington in this mod already uses FBI Washington's handling, so there's no point for adding it. As for the other cars Russel already gave a good word about it. Even though I might give it a try and name them "VC something".

I've already added VC Banshee alongside your cars.

• Maru89 likes this

Maru89
  • Maru89

Player Hater

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 3 weeks ago

Good job out there, dude.

Russell_Stone
  • Russell_Stone

Rat

• Members
  • None

Posted 3 weeks ago

Friendly advice if you'll decide to add more cars - use IDs from 4070 and more. 4030-4070 crashes the game.

• Maru89 likes this

Maru89
  • Maru89

Player Hater

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 3 weeks ago

Friendly advice if you'll decide to add more cars - use IDs from 4070 and more. 4030-4070 crashes the game.

Well thanks, it will be helpful for sure.

zmudziak32
  • zmudziak32

Homeboy

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 2 weeks ago

What about converting LCS cars to GTA III and add them?

Russell_Stone
  • Russell_Stone

Rat

• Members
  • None

Posted 2 weeks ago

You can add them by yourself, it's fairly easy.

• Ivan1997GTA likes this

Maru89
  • Maru89

Player Hater

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 2 weeks ago

I'd need to get LCS' gta3.img file first.

JackProductions
  • JackProductions

Running in the 80s

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 2 weeks ago

Get the GTA LCS Vehicles Big Pack from GTA Garage it has all the vehicles from LCS and there already converted to VC

Maru89
  • Maru89

Player Hater

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 2 weeks ago

Get the GTA LCS Vehicles Big Pack from GTA Garage it has all the vehicles from LCS and there already converted to VC

I will consider that for sure.

Russell_Stone
  • Russell_Stone

Rat

• Members
  • None

Posted 2 weeks ago

You can get one from Mobile version. They are decrypted.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users