Star Wars Battlefront II

410 replies to this topic
esmittystud101
  • esmittystud101

You Sir, Do Not Praise The Sun

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 April 2017 - 11:43 AM

Killstreaks/pointstreaks incoming. Which isn't a bad thing for me at least. It's the one aspect of Battlefield I wish was always there. Maybe the rewards, not to the extent of a CoD, but reward and the feeling of accomplishment. They a do a good job with having ribbons and other challenges anyways.

I'm interested. It makes me more interested that the single player is the Dark side for once. Also, I bought Star Wars Battlefront twice. For me and my kid. Got him the season pass as well. The co-op is great. My favorite co-op experience I've had this gen.

Toreno6901
  • Toreno6901

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 20 April 2017 - 07:41 AM Edited by Toreno6901, 20 April 2017 - 07:43 AM.

The Multiplayer co-op campaign?
Battlefront 2 is there already a co-op multiplayer for PC ?

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

Godfather

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States
  • Best Poster [Movies/TV] 2016
    Best Poster [Movies/TV] 2015
    Best Poster [Movies/TV] 2014
    Most Knowledgeable [Movies/TV] 2013

Posted 10 June 2017 - 10:01 PM Edited by darthYENIK, 10 June 2017 - 10:07 PM.

More video coming out. Shows Theed, Droid star fighters, N1 (Naboo) star fighters, Maul, Clones. I'm starting to get really excited for this.

Edit: PS it's also a free weekend for all the expansions on the "first" game.
  • FullMetal and Riqitch8 like this

iiConTr0v3rSYx
  • iiConTr0v3rSYx

Warning.... Warning... Controversy

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 June 2017 - 10:20 PM

Felt uneasy seeing Rey, Boba Fett and Han Solo during the demo. Hopefully the final version has Jango and Grievous.

Can't have the CIS without their general, right?

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

Godfather

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 10 June 2017 - 10:23 PM

I don't really mind. Clones on Naboo fighting Darth Maul is not even close to canonically sound.

Luna 51
  • Luna 51

• Van Society
  • None

Posted 10 June 2017 - 10:34 PM Edited by Luna 51, 10 June 2017 - 10:37 PM.

But at least it's in the same era, it was one thing adding Greedo, Jyn Erso and Krennic where the smugglers and the bounty hunters hired by Vader to hunt Solo in ESB are in the battle too on the 2015, but it's another having all heroes on all eras, no, just no.

Only way I wanted different era heroes fighting is if there's Hero Assault.

Regardless, I'll likely get over it but I'm not a fan of the idea

Zello
  • Zello

Hired gun

• Victim of The Pit™
  • United-States
  • Meaningless Award

Posted 10 June 2017 - 10:46 PM Edited by Zello, 10 June 2017 - 10:51 PM.

In the older Battlefront II if I remember correctly you could fight between all eras I haven't played it in years though so IDK. It's not a part of the story mode so I don't get the big deal.
  • darthYENIK likes this

iiConTr0v3rSYx
  • iiConTr0v3rSYx

Warning.... Warning... Controversy

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 June 2017 - 10:59 PM

In the older Battlefront II if I remember correctly you could fight between all eras I haven't played it in years though so IDK. It's not a part of the story mode so I don't get the big deal.

Actually, in SWB 2's story mode as the Empire, you fought Rogue clones and a rebuilt Droid army.

The only mode that had all hero factions together was Assasult on Mos Eisley. I remember becaus it had the funky cantina music lol.

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

Godfather

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 10 June 2017 - 11:37 PM

I hated that mode, because I played split screen with my buddy, and he'd annihilate me. Everything else, I was better. But the hero mode I sucked at. Same is true for the current gen Battlefront.

HaythamKenway
  • HaythamKenway

From nowhere

• Zaibatsu
  • Czech-Republic

Posted 11 June 2017 - 09:04 AM

I hope that the mix n' match of heroes and gear was specifically just for the E3 demo. Rey was probably there because she's on the cover alongside Maul and they wanted the ST to have a direct presence in the presentation and Han and Boba were there either because they want to keep the other new heroes under wraps for now (the only other new heroes revealed are Kylo and Yoda and the Force user quota for the demo was filled) or because they are simply too unfinished and unbalanced right now. The clones and droids also ran around with era inaccurate weapons too, maybe for the same reason.

Or maybe DICE just doesn't give a damn and the Story Group only cares about the singleplayer story. I'll be disappointed if there are no era restrictions in the finished game. So much for their touted "authentic Star Wars experience".

One other thing I worry about is just how many heroes there will be in the full game, because relegating Finn and Phasma to DLC doesn't make sense to me. So the ST will be represented only by Rey and Kylo on launch? The FO/Resistance conflict is supposed to be a third of the game and that's all we get? How many prequel heroes will we have? Four max? I guess I have to wave my hopes for Dooku goodbye. We might not even get Grievous since Jango is pretty much confirmed by now.

On the bright side, the V-Wings are in and I loved seeing the Republic Officers. Pulling the voice actors from TCW is a really cool touch too.

Darth Yokel
  • Darth Yokel

A Sith now, aparently.

• The Yardies
  • Jamaica

Posted 11 June 2017 - 09:38 AM Edited by The Yokel, 11 June 2017 - 09:38 AM.

If Battlefront 2 has the hero assault mode I'm sold.

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

Godfather

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 11 June 2017 - 03:03 PM

I really don't care if I get to play Rey in the Clone Wars or Vader on Starkiller base, or have Boba Fett and Jango Fett fighting alongside each other. It's a game. That said, I would also be cool if they keep it era correct.

Leftist Bastard
  • Leftist Bastard

Like tears in rain

• Daily Globe
  • Syria
  • Best New Member 2017

Posted 11 June 2017 - 06:19 PM

I thought the game looked great despite a pretty cringe worthy presentation. Certainly seems like an upgrade over its predecessor and I hope we get to see the SP.

gandalfthestupid
  • gandalfthestupid

Crackhead

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 19 June 2017 - 03:04 AM

Well since I can't add anymore more Star Wars s*** to GTA V I must focus all my attention on Battlefront II and I swear to god this had better be better than the last game because before GTA V modding was my alternative to playing Battlefront 2015. In the meantime I am playing Star Wars Dark Forces II: Jedi Knight on Steam while I wait but by god this has to be a better game

FullMetal
  • FullMetal

Non-Retard

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 19 June 2017 - 09:47 AM

If Battlefront 2 has the hero assault mode I'm sold.

I am sold already. I had enough fun out of the first game. But indeed the pricetag of the game + DLC was too steep for what it was eventhough I very much enjoyed it. And it was a hard sell on pretty much everyone.

And yes; I have been saying this with Battlefront 1 by Dice. The heroes vs Villians should be ONLY the heroes an villains against eachother. If you played against quite terrible heroes you could take out a hero as a 'normal' trooper (rebel/stormtrooper). But otherwise you just ran around as cannon fodder for the Heroes/Villain characters to slay you.

I hope that out of the box the game offers enough heroes and villains. Even more so enough era legit heroes. Also the option to have battles with ONLY era/map legit heroes/villains is something I would like to see. Having the freedom to pick whatever character is very cool and interesting. But even when they said this is a whole 'playing with toys' kind of feeling they want to evoke, I also recreated movie legit battles as a kid with my toys so... it should be an option.

Also I hope Obi Wan is in the f*cking game. More specifically the coolest two variants (Young obi from Ep2/3 and old obi). Gotta have those happy landings.

• Ya Boy Punk Fan likes this

Ya Boy Punk Fan
  • Ya Boy Punk Fan

Rest easy, Chester.

• GTAF Crew
  • None

Posted 19 June 2017 - 07:53 PM

To anyone wondering about things like Rey running around Theed with Clones while fighting Maul, DICE said that there will be crossover modes and canonically accurate modes. I'm just hoping for era specific playlists. I'm kind of tired of the Empire Era because of DICE's first Battlefront. Prequels all day.

gandalfthestupid
  • gandalfthestupid

Crackhead

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 19 June 2017 - 10:18 PM

To anyone wondering about things like Rey running around Theed with Clones while fighting Maul, DICE said that there will be crossover modes and canonically accurate modes. I'm just hoping for era specific playlists. I'm kind of tired of the Empire Era because of DICE's first Battlefront. Prequels all day.

I want to see more sequel trilogy era stuff because for me that's the hot new s*** right now and with Episode VIII on it's way to theatres in December that's what I want to see more of and I'll be happy to finally slash the s*** out of everybody as Kylo Ren
  • Ya Boy Punk Fan likes this

Ya Boy Punk Fan
  • Ya Boy Punk Fan

Rest easy, Chester.

• GTAF Crew
  • None

Posted 19 June 2017 - 11:24 PM

I want to see more sequel trilogy era stuff because for me that's the hot new s*** right now and with Episode VIII on it's way to theatres in December that's what I want to see more of and I'll be happy to finally slash the s*** out of everybody as Kylo Ren

I'm excited for that as well

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

Godfather

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 19 August 2017 - 10:58 PM

• Fireman, Darth Yokel, Sir Michael and 1 other like this

Sir Michael
  • Sir Michael

You can do anything once.

• The Connection
  • United-States

Posted 20 August 2017 - 01:57 AM

The more I see, the more tempted I am to buy this game on day 1. I know I'm gonna play the crap out of Starfighter Assault, I've been wanting to play something like Rogue Leader for years.

HaythamKenway
  • HaythamKenway

From nowhere

• Zaibatsu
  • Czech-Republic

Posted 20 August 2017 - 08:25 AM

It's hard to temper the excitement when CLONE WARS Y-WINGS AND ARC-170S AND YODA'S STARFIGHTER AND RESURGENTS AND VENATORS AND ARQUITENS OH MY GOD. They just know how to tap in that primal part of my brain.

I have to give DICE/Criterion props for actually building individual specialized maps for the mode, each with its own unique structures and hazards and all. They could have just dumped two capital ships in an empty map and just changed the skybox for each one, but they actually bothered with varied playspaces. So that's nice.

I wonder if Kamino in this mode means that we won't get it as a ground map and whether the Resurgent is the only ST era space map. Going by the pattern of "one film-based map, one drawing from the extended canon" I could think of one other, but that map would be a TLJ spoiler, so will we get just one ST map at launch? The lack of content for the PT and especially ST is getting seriously worrying. We've been told that the post-launch support is going to focus heavily on these two eras instead of the OT, but the launch could be pretty lackluster. Which would make for a pretty bad first impression, I'm sure I'm not the only one who is far more excited for the Clone Wars than for anything else.

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

Godfather

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 20 August 2017 - 03:39 PM Edited by darthYENIK, 20 August 2017 - 05:42 PM.

I'm thinking about getting an Ultimate Edition that will most certainly cost $100+.

Edit: is there an ultimate edition? Or is the deluxe edition the ultimate edition? If so, $80 isn't bad, but that's compared to $100 for last time around.

Furry_Monkey
  • Furry_Monkey

I completed Vice City and all I got was this lousy t-shirt

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 04 October 2017 - 08:48 PM

I'm surprised to not see this thread bumped at all today.  I downloaded the beta tonight and I'm really enjoying it.  The single player stuff, albeit very limited at the moment, is much more reminiscent of the original Battlefront games, which pleases me a lot.

There only 1 ground battle and 1 space battle available for multiplayer (I believe), but they both seem really solid and good fun.  You can't really earn much in the way of upgrades at the moment, with it being a beta, but you do get to keep what you earn when it's released, which is nice. 

That said, the multiplayer still feels like a skinned Battlefield to me, which is what put me off the first one.  Hopefully the differences will make it more worthwhile this time.  At least there's an actual single player campaign.

ARTHUR.
  • ARTHUR.

narc

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted 04 October 2017 - 09:02 PM

I imagine most are being wise not to pre-order after the fallout that was Star Wars Battlefront. I'll play the open beta when it's out on October 6th.

Sir Michael
  • Sir Michael

You can do anything once.

• The Connection
  • United-States

Posted 04 October 2017 - 09:07 PM Edited by Sir Michael, 04 October 2017 - 09:07 PM.

Yeah, the beta is out for pre-order players as far as I know. I'm definitely going to play it this weekend with it comes out, I'm still torn about whether or not I want to buy it.

E: ninja'd

Furry_Monkey
  • Furry_Monkey

I completed Vice City and all I got was this lousy t-shirt

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 04 October 2017 - 10:47 PM

I imagine most are being wise choosing not to pre-order after the fallout that was Star Wars Battlefront. I'll play the open beta when it's out on October 6th.

FTFY.  Not really a matter of wisdom now, is it?

Anyway, each to their own.  I'm mostly impressed so far.

• ARTHUR. likes this

ARTHUR.
  • ARTHUR.

narc

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted 04 October 2017 - 11:09 PM

Sorry man I can see how that looked douchey, wasn't my intention. It does look good, I'll give ya that.

• Furry_Monkey likes this

Luna 51
  • Luna 51

• Van Society
  • None

Posted 05 October 2017 - 06:00 AM

I like it so far.

I thought I was going to hate on it for most parts, but I was wrong, I thought battle point was a pretty dumb idea at first, but it works better than I imagined (I didn't watch much gameplay from earlier this year), and the dreaded EE-4 is now a star card (At least it's not a primary blaster), however the Scatter Gun seems more OP than in 2015's and you move faster when you have it equipped.

SmokesWithCigs
  • SmokesWithCigs

recovering addict

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 October 2017 - 09:27 AM

Do you have to pre order to play the beta? What time does it start?

ARTHUR.
  • ARTHUR.

narc

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted 06 October 2017 - 01:34 PM Edited by Nero, 06 October 2017 - 01:36 PM.

Do you have to pre order to play the beta? What time does it start?

No. There's an open beta (one for anyone) out now. Anyone who pre-ordered got an extra two days of playtime.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users