Quantcast

» «
Photo

Golden Gun immediately at start of game?

3 replies to this topic
gtamann123
  • gtamann123

Bang Bang, Skeet Skeet

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 April 2017 - 01:26 AM Edited by gtamann123, 13 April 2017 - 01:28 AM.

So over the weekend I picked up a used Xbox 360 and a copy of RDR and finally got around to playing it today. I downloaded my old Xbox live account from when I had a 360 about 4 years ago. And when I loaded up a new game I noticed that I had a golden pistol. Very strange because as far as I know the hard drive I have has a few other profiles from the previous owners on it and some RDR saves from those profiles but there is no current save under my profile on this hard drive. And all the saves from the other profiles are very early on in the game based on the file names. Didn't you have to collect pieces of the golden guns throughout the game in order to unlock them? And weren't some of them from DLC? And if I had to start a completely fresh game I don't really understand how I could have a golden gun. The whole thing is very bizarre to me.

vnus_dmlo
  • vnus_dmlo

The Judge

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 13 April 2017 - 10:34 AM

i think its a dlc or it is part of the complete edition, if im not mistaken you can turn it off somewhere in the pause menu

Night Machine
  • Night Machine

1980's Time Traveler

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 April 2017 - 01:19 PM Edited by Night Machine, 13 April 2017 - 01:19 PM.

I had the same thing happen when I installed RDR (physical copy) on my XBox One.  When I 1st originally installed it on my Xbox 360 they were not on and I had to physically turn them on. I think it has to do with what's saved in the cloud. Some things transfer over from the cloud to your new install even though you are starting a new game on a new system. You can turn off the Golden Guns in the options menu. I personally like them so I left them on.  

gtamann123
  • gtamann123

Bang Bang, Skeet Skeet

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 April 2017 - 03:25 AM Edited by gtamann123, 15 April 2017 - 03:29 AM.

I looked into it a little bit after every single gun I picked up throughout the game was golden so I knew it wasn't a glitch. And found out that for some reason I already had all the DLC packs installed including Golden Guns. The only thing I can think of is that the previous owner of the Xbox had those DLCs and they still load up when I'm signed into my Gamertag. The same Gamertag also had the full game of FEAR 2 downloaded and I can play it under my gamer tag as well so I fan see it being possible.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users