om0

103 replies to this topic
Powdinet
  • Powdinet

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 17 September 2017 - 02:03 PM

Not quite sure how this wasn't found before

Avenging Angels level skips, just start a submission (that fails when you get out of the vehicle) during AA and cancel it.

• Rachel Amber and RationalPsycho like this

RationalPsycho
  • RationalPsycho

Glitchtor Vance

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 September 2017 - 02:32 PM Edited by RationalPsycho, 17 September 2017 - 02:32 PM.

Good one. Why did I not mess around with "Avenging Angels" earlier? All I use this mission for is DP conversion :whuh:

Wait a minute... Since the "Avenging Angels" script is not completely dumped when blended with something else, does this mean that quadrupling missions is possible?! :O

About instapasses, is there any standard way to look for them in the script? I mean, can anyone predict an instapass just by reading the main.scm file? Do we need tools like Sanny Builder?

Patrick1994
  • Patrick1994

Rat

• Members

Posted 17 September 2017 - 02:34 PM Edited by Patrick1994, 17 September 2017 - 02:37 PM.

[1:43 PM] agjents: Whats the setup? Just om0 rampage - one instance of AA and using firefighter to skip?
[1:43 PM] Powdinet: there's a complication of course: at the end of the video you see the level skip by itself, and the level goes to 0, then back up. If you do Firefighter at this point to skip the level, AA will fail because time run out
[1:43 PM] Powdinet: furthermore, it crashed when I tested using Taxi Driver on emulator, but I don't know if it's a problem with the skip or with using taxi driver
[1:45 PM] agjents: I might try this on mobile
[1:45 PM] Powdinet: I didn't get level 0 thing if I did it as fast as I did in this video, but I don't know if it's entirely consistent
[1:46 PM] agjents: But the setup was as easy as I wrote it, or did you use B&G for anything?
[1:48 PM] Powdinet: it's just the regular om0
[1:48 PM] Nick007J: considering AA is not a mission, this can't require anything
[1:49 PM] agjents: I just haven't really paid much attention to om0 setups and skips, so I only know the OG setup and its usage
[1:50 PM] Lennart -: Nice find @Powdinet
[1:50 PM] Lennart -: this makes the hunter unneeded for mobile
[1:50 PM] Lennart -: means one problem less

About instapasses, is there any standard way to look for them in the script? I mean, can anyone predict an instapass just by reading the main.scm file? Do we need tools like Sanny Builder?

Lennart -
  • Lennart -

Toni Glitchiani

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 17 September 2017 - 03:19 PM Edited by Lennart -, 17 September 2017 - 03:27 PM.

Quadrupling is possible.

https://youtu.be/1MvbRnXW3QQ

Quadrupling:
1. get om0 B&G menu
2. get om0 AA
3. pass a few levels to get more time (I recommend via FF)
4. get an om0 rampage
5. start the desired mission
6. cancle AA
7. start the mission again
8. wait for the rampage to end
9. start the mission again
10. cancle the B&G menu
11. start the mission once more
Patrick B. wanted me to test this some time ago and it works. Now that the AA "slow" IP exists, I added one more step to make this easier.
profit?

When's 1st Post update?
  • RationalPsycho likes this

RationalPsycho
  • RationalPsycho

Glitchtor Vance

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 September 2017 - 05:01 PM Edited by RationalPsycho, 17 September 2017 - 05:06 PM.

Yes, quadrupling is possible indeed.

V9tU7fZ.jpg

Ignore the blue bar and stray blip. This is leftovers from something else.

Strangely, when I quadrupled "Grease Sucho", I only saw three of each car. Aren't they supposed to be four?

This sh*t took me a bunch of tries. Either an Avenging Angel would just refuse to spawn, and I had to rush back to the Rampage, or I got stupid and accidentally cancelled the course menu, or the game got stupid, as I couldn't start "Firefighter" immediately after entering the Firetruck, so another attempt went to waste. What's up with that f*cking delay? It only happens with "Firefighter" though. I used the Firetruck because you cannot cancel "Vigilante" immediately without also canceling "Avenging Angels", and Powdinet said "Taxi Driver" crashed. I finally did it with the Ambulance.

Instapassing "Avenging Angels" levels is not necessarily needed, especially since the mandatory instapass (exiting the side mission vehicle) grants you more than enough time to drive anywhere you please, unless the mission marker is located too far away from the mission and you're playing on PS2.

• Lennart - likes this

zazaza691
  • zazaza691

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • Russia

Posted 17 September 2017 - 05:07 PM

AA IP? Another step to make sub 10h 100% LCS WR.

• Lennart - likes this

RationalPsycho
  • RationalPsycho

Glitchtor Vance

• Members
  • None

Posted A week ago

Since "Avenging Angels" is neither killed nor does it crash when duped with anything, I thought of using this mission to get OM0 without a Rampage (infinite duping :cool:). I tried holding "Firefighter" down and releasing the moment I approach an Avenging Angel. I couldn't do it, but maybe it is possible, although it should be very tricky to get right, just like holding "Firefighter" + Rampage. The best I could accomplish is gain movement during the small chitchat cutscene, but with the Avenging Angel nowhere to be found. I couldn't start any missions afterwards though.

Patrick1994
  • Patrick1994

Rat

• Members

Posted A week ago

Since "Avenging Angels" is neither killed nor does it crash when duped with anything, I thought of using this mission to get OM0 without a Rampage (infinite duping :cool:)

I do not see the difference between an om0 setup using FF+rampage and one using FF+AA that allows mass-duping.

RationalPsycho
  • RationalPsycho

Glitchtor Vance

• Members
  • None

Posted A week ago Edited by RationalPsycho, A week ago.

Oh, I phrased this badly. My bad. I meant getting OM0 after 100%, which requires the completion of all Rampages, unless you have glitched your Save File beforehand in order to leave at least one out by duping/tripling/quadrupling another mission.

However, like I said, I couldn't get OM0 with "Firefighter" and "Avenging Angels" even once, so it might be impossible without a Rampage after all.

• Patrick1994 likes this

RationalPsycho
  • RationalPsycho

Glitchtor Vance

• Members
  • None

Posted 6 days ago Edited by RationalPsycho, 6 days ago.

Due to the risk of having my post deleted thanks to this anti-OM0 nonsense, I refrain from posting my findings in the Special Vehicle guide, so am publishing them here instead. These discoveries do require the usage of OM0, which means they're not off-topic, and I got permission from the OP.

I found an easier way to obtain any one of the Bandits from "Ragin' RC", which doesn't involve the course menu. Get OM0, steal a Firetruck, and park it near the TOYZ. Push the TOYZ a bit away from the race activation zone using Toni's body, enter the Firetruck, hold the "Firefighter" button (Up/R3) down, exit the Firetruck, enter the TOYZ, drive back into the zone, and the moment the race starts, QUICKLY press Δ to exit the van ("Firefighter" is being held the entire time). If done right, the race will start, and Toni will be "merged" with the TOYZ. Jump around a bit to get unstuck, wait for the Rampage timer to expire, and release the "Firefighter" button when you see fit; if you want to obtain the opponents' FP/EP/TP/TD/EC variants, release the button when the race ends and the toys come to a full stop. If you want the BP/FP/TP/TD/EC ones, release "Firefighter" before the race actually starts (3, 2, 1, GO! cutscene). If you want the player's AP/EC RC Bandit, you can release the button whenever you want, as long as the Rampage has failed. Then you can drive it back to the garage alongside Toni. No need for a Taxi/Cabbie or waiting for anyone to yank you out. Make note however that if you go for the player's Bandit and enter any vehicle that's not a bike, you will get stuck and unable to exit it until you press O and destroy your toy, so keep that in mind.

Side note: I could only make this work with "Ragin' RC". It appears to be impossible to start "Thrashin' RC" and exit the TOYZ at the same time.

Also, I found a considerably easier method for the H/AP/PP Banshee on PSP. You'll still need the course menu in the beginning, as the game doesn't like getting OM0 before the shootout for some reason. Set the course menu up and start "Sayonara Sindaccos". When you drive McAffrey to the location, ignore the Sindaccos, and go fetch a Firetruck from the Fire Station. If you drive the Firetruck close to the Banshee, you will be instructed to get in the car, effectively skipping the shootout on the sidewalk. Once you see the blue arrow above the Banshee, cancel the course menu, start holding "Firefighter" down, complete the railshooting, and when the final cutscene kicks in, RELEASE the "Firefighter" button. Enjoy your H/AP/PP Banshee. The reason this method is easier is because you don't have to deal with the troublesome course menu during the railshooting. On PSP, O is a "forbidden" button, so in order to NOT cancel the setup, you have to have the crosshair on the move every time you shoot, which makes it easy to screw up. On PS2, this method is redundant, since the course menu doesn't get in your way, so it's best to stick to course 1.

It's nice to see "Firefighter" killing a variety of missions for a change. Finally something else we can count on besides "Vigilante" and "Taxi Driver" :)
  • Rachel Amber likes this

Lennart -
  • Lennart -

Toni Glitchiani

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 6 days ago Edited by Lennart -, 6 days ago.

I haven't tried the RC bandits using the Firefighter method yet but I am sure it'll work out just fine. The AP/H/PP banshee + Firefighter method is only useful for PSP since the R3 button needs to be pressed down on ps2 which is pretty hard to pull off and in addition to that, o doesn't cancle the menu which makes it even easier. 

I tested another method for the RC Bandit and they involve using courses. (10 worked for me on psp) It's the only difference to the old method is the Taxi part being replaced with the course.

Nice, this is the 100th reply to this topic

zazaza691
  • zazaza691

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • Russia

Posted 6 days ago

Easier ways are always cool, especially for H/AP/PP Banshee. I literally spent 1h doing ONLY shooting part before I finally succeeded. RC Bandits are cool too. And the most importantly I have both these vehicles in my list  :lol:

That's the quote from another topic, but I'll answer here:

Thanks for the credit   ;)

Ahm, well. 

https://youtu.be/H_fMXhnxIMg?t=1m43s

I thought it's not necessary to post a link to forum profile, but if you care...

• Lennart - and RationalPsycho like this

RationalPsycho
  • RationalPsycho

Glitchtor Vance

• Members
  • None

Posted 6 days ago Edited by RationalPsycho, 6 days ago.

@zazaza691 How... How the f*ck did I miss this? :O I could easily distinguish my username in your latest video explaining the garage bug in VCS... Kill me now :sui: Since you did in fact mention it, no link is required in the description, or credit in general. I just was a bit surprised, as you did give credit in all your previous videos. Turns out you did this time too :)

Back on topic:

I tested another method for the RC Bandit and they involve using courses. (10 worked for me on psp) It's the only difference to the old method is the Taxi part being replaced with the course.

Well, I did mess with courses once, back when I had no idea how to obtain these things, but the best result I got was teleporting to the dirt track while duping Toni himself. I haven't had any luck since then though :( In any case, the "Firefighter" method should be slightly less time consuming, as it doesn't involve the course menu; just a Rampage and a Firetruck.

Easier ways are always cool, especially for H/AP/PP Banshee. I literally spent 1h doing ONLY shooting part before I finally succeeded. RC Bandits are cool too. And the most importantly I have both these vehicles in my list  :lol:

You could slow down the crosshair by holding L in case you didn't know :pp With the "Firefighter" method, I kept succeeding again and again, so you shouldn't have any problems ;) 

Keep in mind that you need the course menu for this method too, just not during the railshooting; if you attempt it with a regular Rampage, shortly after the timer expires, the game will either crash or the mission will fail whilst driving back to the Banshee with the Firetruck (possibly because the game deletes the car).

As for the RC Bandit (player's), this should be very easy now, if your garage restores it. Also, if you plan to make it Heavy, I'm afraid this method won't work, as you can't exit the TOYZ when starting "Thrashin' RC" at the same time. You could try exiting it with the course menu though, but haven't tested.

• Rachel Amber likes this

zazaza691
  • zazaza691

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • Russia

Posted 6 days ago

Yes, of course I know about L button. But, to be honest, I think I won't try this any time soon, because I literally stuck with Barrakcs. If only I could mark vehicles... And course menu isn't a problem. I did too many things with it, so now I don't struggle at all. And no, I don't want to make my RC Bandit Heavy. I don't have free space in Portland garage and I can't mark vehicles. Thus I can't teleport into it.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users