» «
Photo

om0

95 replies to this topic
Patrick1994
  • Patrick1994

Rat

• Members

Posted 20 April 2017 - 11:02 AM Edited by Patrick1994, 20 April 2017 - 11:02 AM.

Every time you start a mission during a mission, you have to check it on console, too. (And always specify the version, too) Emulators let you get away with more crazyness. There is an emu-only StSBYF instapass, as in, it actually completes the objective ("gives percentage"). It crashes on PSP, the rest was untested because it seems pointless (why would a different console handle null pointers safely(I think it tries to do math with a null pointer)).

It also gives you loads of money, interpreting a float as integer. :D (There is no need for a non-technical explanation, it is not too important).

Lennart -
  • Lennart -

Toni Glitchiani

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 20 April 2017 - 11:37 AM

Every time you start a mission during a mission, you have to check it on console, too. (And always specify the version, too) Emulators let you get away with more crazyness. There is an emu-only StSBYF instapass, as in, it actually completes the objective ("gives percentage"). It crashes on PSP, the rest was untested because it seems pointless (why would a different console handle null pointers safely(I think it tries to do math with a null pointer)).

It also gives you loads of money, interpreting a float as integer. :D (There is no need for a non-technical explanation, it is not too important).

I normally test on ppsspp. If I find a method that allows me to obtain it on ppsspp, I also test it on all different consols since I do own ps2, vita and a mobile phone

MorsPrincipiumEst
  • MorsPrincipiumEst

GTA Series Special Vehicle Collector

• Feroci
  • United-States
  • The collector [Amazing work on the Special Vehicle Guide!]

Posted 20 April 2017 - 12:00 PM

Every time you start a mission during a mission, you have to check it on console, too. (And always specify the version, too) Emulators let you get away with more crazyness.

Good to see you here and also hear you say this very important thing like I've been saying for months.  The most important thing of all is testing on the real deal Console, where you have bought the game, where the game is played, without anything to do with Emulators.  A lot of stuff has been tested on an Emulator, yet not tested on a real Console, but even with that said, people claim something is possible.  Nobody should say anything is possible, unless fully tested on the real deal.  Same goes for any Special Vehicles, too...

Lennart -
  • Lennart -

Toni Glitchiani

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 20 April 2017 - 12:04 PM

Well, it at least possible for people that play ppsspp...

Patrick1994
  • Patrick1994

Rat

• Members

Posted 21 April 2017 - 03:27 AM Edited by Patrick1994, 21 April 2017 - 03:29 AM.

Militia,
I agree that things that only work on unofficial emulators are interesting but not worth anything more.

I disagree with being against all emus. The PS4 has an official PS2 emu. Official emulation is fine, imo.

The supposed Bumps & Grinds instapass does not execute the "player_made_progress" command (that "gives percentage").

Here is how it works: The "Driving Mr Leone" thread enters a sub-routine, the next executed command after that sub-routine returns is at offset 3475. The sub-routine itself is at offset ~4400. That sub-routine simply waits for the stunt to finish and then returns.
You now start B&G which loads that mission into "mission script space", replacing the first ~4300 bytes of "Driving Mr Leone": There is one mission script space and the latest mission you run puts its code in there but nothing more, hence only 4300 bytes, a bit of Driving Mr Leone is left. Therefore, the sub-routine - which is later than 4300 - keeps running just fine. When it returns to offset 3475, it lands - surprise - in Bumps & Grinds code. Here:

:TT10_3470
{457518} 0372: text_2numbers_styled 'TT1_B5A' [email protected] [email protected] 6000 ms 4  // ~w~New Course Record! ~1~:0~1~

:TT10_3487
{457535} 0002: jump @TT10_3547 

:TT10_3494
{457542} 0019:   [email protected] > 9 
{457547} 004D: jump_if_false @TT10_3530 
{457554} 0372: text_2numbers_styled 'TT1_B4' [email protected] [email protected] 6000 ms 4  // ~w~~1~:~1~
{457571} 0002: jump @TT10_3547 

:TT10_3530
{457578} 0372: text_2numbers_styled 'TT1_B4A' [email protected] [email protected] 6000 ms 4  // ~w~~1~:0~1~

:TT10_3547
{457595} 05AE: constant_params 1 variable_params 0 unknown 22 call_with_params @MDLMAC_1959 6000 

//the source of inconsistency is probably here:
{457608} 0039:   [email protected] == 1 
{457613} 004D: jump_if_false @TT10_3793 
{457620} 05AE: constant_params 0 variable_params 0 unknown 22 call_with_params @MDLMAC_39 
{457630} 05AE: constant_params 0 variable_params 0 unknown 22 call_with_params @MDLMAC_2379 
{457640} 024C: request_model 209 
{457645} 0390: load_requested_models 
{457647} 03D0: set_camera 796.5 15.0 5.05 
{457661} 03BF: clear_cars_from_cube 795.5 14.0 3.05 797.5 16.0 7.05 
{457687} 00A5: [email protected] = create_car 209 at 796.5 15.0 3.9 
{457705} 017A: set_car [email protected] z_angle_to 30.0 
{457711} 0001: wait 1000 ms 
{457716} 0164: set_camera_position 800.13 19.15 5.8 0 0 0 
{457736} 0165: point_camera 799.49 18.4 5.6 2 
{457755} 05AE: constant_params 0 variable_params 0 unknown 22 call_with_params @MDLMAC_2412 
{457765} 00BC: text_highpriority 'TTDONE' 5000 ms 1  // ~w~All courses completed! You have unlocked the 'Manchez'.
{457780} 01E8: text_1number_styled 'M_PASS' 2500 1000 ms 1  // ~Y~MISSION PASSED! ~n~$~1~
{457798} 010E: player $536 money += 2500 
{457805} 05AE: constant_params 1 variable_params 0 unknown 22 call_with_params @MDLMAC_1959 5000 
{457818} 05AE: constant_params 0 variable_params 0 unknown 22 call_with_params @MDLMAC_2379 
{457828} 01C8: remove_references_to_car [email protected] 
{457831} 0151: set_parked_car_generator $3739 cars_to_generate_to 101 
{457837} 0006: [email protected] = 0 
  • Lennart - and RationalPsycho like this

Lennart -
  • Lennart -

Toni Glitchiani

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 21 April 2017 - 10:14 AM

You are proadly the only one who can read scripts here. Mabe you can help us with the H conversion which according to Rational Psycho takes place  in the missions "Love on the run" and "Driving mr Leone". We'd like to know, where and when your car becomes H and what we can do to cancle the mission successfully.

MorsPrincipiumEst
  • MorsPrincipiumEst

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 21 April 2017 - 11:29 AM Edited by MetalMilitia89, 21 April 2017 - 11:33 AM.

Patrick1994 was in the SA Guide for like 9 Months and he was the one who shed most of the light on the AP/EC2 Picador from Photo Opportunity in SA and opened the doors to OM0 many months ago, so it doesn't surprise me he knows how to read the Scripts.  So does OrionSR, but I never see OrionSR in any other area of the Forum besides SA and the Modding Section.  He could of gave us a lot of help over the past few months, but I don't think many people get interested in LCS/VCS.  Strangely, enough, he has a Video on Youtube of obtaining Faith's Maverick.  It's almost a decade old and uses a different Method nobody talks about...

True about OFFICIAL Emulators, I guess.  Since PS2 emulators PS1 Games.  PS3 emulators PS1 Games and BC PS3's emulator PS1 and PS2 Games.  But this is built in to the official Sony Hardware of the Console.  The Emulators on PC are something different and allow you to do Save States, which is unfair, imo, and it also gives different results for Special Vehicles.  I don't get the whole "lets find how it works on Emulator first" thing since more than likely what happened on the Emulator will have different results than the actual PSP, PS Vita, PS2, PS3 (Digital), and Mobile Platform.  These are the ONLY Platforms LCS was released on, so if it's being done on PC with an Emulator, expect things to work or not work and then have to be rediscovered later on the actual Console since what was done using en Emulator won't have the same results.  So it's basically DOUBLING the work; needing to find an Emulator Only Method, followed by real deal Console Method...

Patrick1994
  • Patrick1994

Rat

• Members

Posted 23 April 2017 - 04:26 AM Edited by Patrick1994, 23 April 2017 - 04:28 AM.

Militia, can you name a bunch of examples of emu-only glitches? I think they are rather the exception than the rule (except for what I warned about here) but I do not know too much.

I could not find any code related to making a vehicle heavy in the B&G sniffer (sniffer = a thread (part of the game) that starts a mission or missions) or in the B&G mission itself. Both make use of code outside of them but neither that code nor the code that they in turn makes use of can make a vehicle heavy. That is all there is to it, unless I forgot/am ignorant of something completely different, you cannot make your vehicle heavy that way.

Driving Mr Leone code cannot make it heavy, either.

What made you think that B&G could make a vehicle heavy?

I had a "quick" look for vehicle enhancements in the script (30min or so for every mention of "very_heavy" and "improved_handling"). I could not find any low hanging fruits in the sense that I can easily find them by reading. Ofc, there are the obvious things like giving the Cheetahs in that race 145% handling and things like that for other races.

Driving Mr Leone (final part of the mission) -> See the Sight is an emulator-only instapass of that mission for PSP and perhaps PS2 (it crashes on legit PSP and PS2 hardware, though). Powdinet found it with the help of my instapass doc (husho put in a lot of work there, too. The list of offsets is auto-generated, the comments are human-made).
By instapass I always mean that 0311: progress_made += 1 is executed, i.e. that "percentage is given". For the All Missions speedrun category (which does not exist for LCS but if it would), the opcode that registers the mission as finished (changes the savefile name) also counts.
To be on the safe side you should drive there with a Landstalker so that its model is loaded. On console, the game crashes if it tries to create a car whose model is not loaded. On emu it is fine, afaik, but better be safe.
It might be PSP only. If anyone of you has an official in-software emulator (the only official in-software[is that what it is?] emulator I know of is the one for PS4), I am curious if it "works" there, too, since in that version, the instapassed mission STSBYF is a tiny bit different (that difference might very well be significant for instapassing, though).

The rest of this post is just about the h conversion stuff regarding B&G for other technical people - perhaps I have made a mistake - and for myself so that I don't have to start at zero next time. ^^

I assumed that the only strings I need to search for were "call_with_params" and "gosub".
No scripts involved in DIRTM and TT1-10 include "very_heavy".
No other command can make a vehicle heavy.

MDLMAC never calls anything outside of MDLMAC
DIRTM only calls DIRTM, MDLMAC and NONAME_1
NONAME_1 only calls NONAME_1 and MDLMAC
TT1-10 only call TT1-10 and MDLMAC

first delete all but <thread_name> code, then
v/call_with_params\|gosub/d
%s/[^@]* @\(\S\+\).*/:\1/
sort u
  • Lennart - likes this

RationalPsycho
  • RationalPsycho

Glitchtor Vance

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 April 2017 - 04:52 AM

Thanks a lot, Patrick1994. This is a big help. Turns out "Bumps And Grinds" during "Driving Mr Leone" is not a "true" insta-pass, after all.

In return, here is some help on my part. We don't use "Bumps And Grinds" itself to convert anything. We use it as a tool to gain movement during cutscenes, and subsequently stop another mission (either by entering a vehicle and trigger a side mission like "Taxi Driver", or by starting a course) when we are not supposed to.

Could you explain how we can get away with more craziness on an (unofficial) emulator than the console it's supposed to copy? Is it simulating the console in question 101% accurately or something? Less chance of crashing on an emulator would only make sense if they fixed some bugs the console itself had in the first place.

In "Driving Mr Leone", there is a "very_heavy" car $2289 towards the end. Is it the vehicle you're driving? Is it a cut vehicle/command that never made it in the game? I investigated the actual mission in-game, and couldn't find anything Heavy, anywhere. However, I managed to make any vehicle RC; I could control both Toni and my vehicle of choice separately, much like we do when obtaining the RC Bandit. I currently can't do it again, because the game always crashes for some reason, but when I pull it off, I'll take a screenshot and post it here.

• Lennart - likes this

Lennart -
  • Lennart -

Toni Glitchiani

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 23 April 2017 - 08:13 AM

Militia, can you name a bunch of examples of emu-only glitches? I think they are rather the exception than the rule (except for what I warned about here) but I do not know too much.

https://youtu.be/WU4...rClJeMMEyF36w2g

Driving Mr Leone code cannot make it heavy, either.

What made you think that B&G could make a vehicle heavy?

I had a "quick" look for vehicle enhancements in the script (30min or so for every mention of "very_heavy" and "improved_handling"). I could not find any low hanging fruits in the sense that I can easily find them by reading. Ofc, there are the obvious things like giving the Cheetahs in that race 145% handling and things like that for other races.

Ahhh, that's a shame. No H conversion then :monocle:

In return, here is some help on my part. We don't use "Bumps And Grinds" itself to convert anything. We use it as a tool to gain movement during cutscenes, and subsequently stop another mission (either by entering a vehicle and trigger a side mission like "Taxi Driver", or by starting a course) when we are not supposed to.

As Rational Psycho said, we use B&G to cancle the unable to move in cutscenes state, to cancle the om1 state or we use it to start a course because this can sometimes result in the mission script in breaking.

Car enhancements don't really work but bike enhancements do. May that mean that in the races, bikes are actually UH?

MorsPrincipiumEst
  • MorsPrincipiumEst

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 23 April 2017 - 11:00 AM Edited by MetalMilitia89, 23 April 2017 - 11:01 AM.

@Patrick, I can't think off the top of my head right now as I just woke up.  But yeah, I did hear that the H/FP Sindacco Argento from Taken for a Ride is Emulator Only and if you do this on PSP/PS2, it will crash.  At least that's what I hear.

I mean, you saw it first hand.  You would get sh*t in SA on PC.  Then rhans or someone would try it on PS2 and it wouldn't work.  Well, the SAME thing is happening in LCS/VCS.  This is why the OM0 stuff is purely hit or miss depending on Platform and Version.  However, when it comes to LCS/VCS, there is no PC Release, but people using PPSSPP and sh*t like that and emulating it.  Some things they did on Emulator seemed to just crash on PS2.  But a lot of the issues were resolved with finding new Methods for the same Vehicle.  A lot of the guys found Methods that work on all Platforms so far.  I am always skeptical to see what PS2 will do, but so far, I was able to get EP/FP Hellenbach GT from Snuff, used BP Conversion for 2 Bikes during Shop 'til You Strop, and yesterday, obtained the H/EC Yankee from A Volatile Situation.  Game has yet to crash, however, I did fail on some things here and there, but it was all still easy and worked out in the end...

About Race Vehicles?  145% Handling?  Yeah, if anything, that would be only the PCJ-600's and Sanchez's.  Cars don't get UH.  You can apply it all you want, but you don't feel it in-game.  UH, like WP is something only Bikes get.  Whereas, TP, is something only a Car/Truck/Van can get, no Bikes.

RationalPsycho
  • RationalPsycho

Glitchtor Vance

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 April 2017 - 08:47 AM

I found a method too obtain the race pcjs, fully poofed.

​Get one method to change the om state, start vigilante and go to om0. Now start the race at Donald loves building. and wait. From now on, no X pressing anymore. Steal a bike and reverse to the marker. Start the race and wait until the countdown finished. Now press X and drive after the opponents. When you reach them, get off your bike and wait. After the time runs out, just drive them to your garage and save.

Confirmed: This exact method works for the Sanchez from "Red Light Racing", as well as the FP/PP/TP/EC Hellenbach GT, Deimos SP, and Cheetah from their respective races. However, the cars are slightly different; once the countdown is over, they will attempt to drive away, so park your car in front of the desired vehicle, and fire a couple of bullets at it. The driver will eventually get out and flee in horror. For some reason, it's difficult to pop the drivers' heads with a Sniper Rifle.

An extra note: If you only have a Rampage available in one island for OM0, and want to obtain a vehicle from either of the other two, you have to activate "Vigilante" again once you reach the respective island, because, after going to other islands, "Vigilante" is immediately cancelled, but MAKE SURE you do so BEFORE the Rampage timer runs out (screw that f*cking drawbridge, though). All in all, with OM0, the Race Vehicles are no more than *** difficulty.

Also, I took a look at the script, and I don't know where Patrick1994 saw the 145% handling increase for the Race Vehicles. I tested the FP/PP/EC Sanchez, and I assure you it was NOT UH; it handled exactly like a regular one. I did, however, see an "improve_handling" value of 1.65 in "Grease Sucho" (it was probably the Thunder-Rodd), but this mission has only cars, so that value is trash. Just a waste of precious programming lines. Unless UH does affect cars when the opponents are driving them.

• Lennart - likes this

MorsPrincipiumEst
  • MorsPrincipiumEst

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 24 April 2017 - 11:33 AM

Yeah, that is how I got the BP/FP/PC White Stretch.  Only Rampage Icon I have is in Harwood/Saint Marks, right across from Car Salesman.  But when you reach SI, Vigilante is immediately failed and then you just reactivate it.  Nothing too serious.  But that's how I got the Stretch yesterday, and then did Vigilante up to where it disables before going into Love and Bullets Yellow Marker.

Patrick1994
  • Patrick1994

Rat

• Members

Posted 24 April 2017 - 11:51 AM Edited by Patrick1994, 24 April 2017 - 12:03 PM.

Psycho:
I added some names to some labels/variable(s?) for myself, for you it would just say "@MDLMAC_13480"

Edit: I don't even know which race this is but many races create cars with better handling this way.
:RAC1_506
{476965} 05AE: constant_params 3 variable_params 0 unknown 0 call_with_params @MDLMAC_13480_SETTINGS_FOR_SPECIAL_VEHICLES 1.125 2.0 4.0 
{478204} 05AE: constant_params 4 variable_params 0 unknown 0 call_with_params @MDLMAC_14328_CREATE_SPECIAL_VEHICLES 1 185 9 2 

:MDLMAC_13480_SETTINGS_FOR_SPECIAL_VEHICLES
// p: handling, unknown, unknown
{42482} 0088: $1806_g_HANDLING_FOR_CREATE_SPECIAL_VEHICLES = [email protected] // $ = @ (float) 
{42487} 0088: $1808 = [email protected] // $ = @ (float) 
{42492} 0088: $1809 = [email protected] // $ = @ (float) 
{42497} 0051: return 

:MDLMAC_14328_CREATE_SPECIAL_VEHICLES
// p: index in some array
// , car model
// , char model
// , unknown
// example 1 185 9 2 
{43330} 039A: clear_area 1 at $1422([email protected],4) $1426([email protected],4) range $1430([email protected],4) 20.0 
{43349} 00A5: $1414([email protected],4) = create_car [email protected] at $1422([email protected],4) $1426([email protected],4) $1430([email protected],4) 
{43368} 017A: set_car $1414([email protected],4) z_angle_to $1805 
{43376} 0428: car $1414([email protected],4) improve_handling $1806_g_HANDLING_FOR_CREATE_SPECIAL_VEHICLES 
{43384} 046B: unknown_car $1414([email protected],4) flag 0 
{43391} 022E: set_car $1414([email protected],4) color_to [email protected] [email protected] 
{43399} 0004: $1434([email protected],4) = 0 
{43406} 0004: $1438([email protected],4) = 0 
{43413} 0004: $1442([email protected],4) = 0 
{43420} 0004: $1446([email protected],4) = 1 
{43428} 0004: $1450([email protected],4) = 0 
{43435} 0005: $1454([email protected],4) = 0 
{43442} 008A: $1458([email protected],4) = [email protected] // $ = @ (int) 
{43449} 0004: $1462([email protected],4) = 0 
{43456} 02AF: set_car $1414([email protected],4) immune_to_nonplayer 1 
{43464} 0544: set_car $1414([email protected],4) tires_vulnerable 0 
{43471} 03A1:  $1414([email protected],4) 0 
{43478} 012E: $1418([email protected],4) = create_driver pedtype 4 model [email protected] in_car $1414([email protected],4) 
{43491} 02AE: set_actor $1418([email protected],4) immune_to_nonplayer 1 
{43499} 031E: set_actor $1418([email protected],4) wander_state_to 1 
{43507} 056D:  $1418([email protected],4) 1 
{43515} 03A3:  $1418([email protected],4) 1 
{43523} 052B:  $1418([email protected],4) 1 
{43531} 04DD:  $1418([email protected],4) 0 
{43538} 0630:  $1418([email protected],4) 500 
{43547} 02AE: set_actor $1418([email protected],4) immune_to_nonplayer 1 
{43555} 044B:  $1418([email protected],4) 1 
{43563} 054F: unknown_actor $1418([email protected],4) flag 1 
{43571} 00AF: set_car $1414([email protected],4) driver_behaviour_to 0 
{43578} 00AD: set_car $1414([email protected],4) max_speed_to 0 
{43585} 00AE: set_car $1414([email protected],4) to_ignore_traffic_lights 2 
{43593} 020F: set_car $1414([email protected],4) door_status_to 2 
{43601} 0051: return 

I am going to write more later and edit. When? In 1-100 hours. ;)
  • Lennart - likes this

Lennart -
  • Lennart -

Toni Glitchiani

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 26 April 2017 - 12:12 PM

Another instapass: by Patrick B.

I suppose its done with a Violatile Situation, the last sindacco of the third wave.

Patrick1994
  • Patrick1994

Rat

• Members

Posted 26 April 2017 - 03:42 PM Edited by Patrick1994, 28 April 2017 - 01:09 PM.

Yup. After the last kill the Volatile Situation thread waits for 2 seconds before triggering the truck cutscene. In that time we can load Firefighter code into "mission script space" so that when the former thread (Volatile Situation) goes on executing, it executes Firefighter code instead, at that position - and for FF, there is "mission passed" there.[that is what almost always happens in instapasses]

I also wrote a medium length description:

"Its using A Violatie Situation, the 3rd wave, last Sindacco who's not able to plant a bomb" (Vanhela quote)

Extra info:
http://gtaforums.com...entry1069538479
and following post(s?)

6 demos showing different facts:
- killing the guy at all is necessary (else it even crashes)
- starting FF soon after killing him (recommended way)
- starting FF later than you should - still fine, the result is exactly the same
- what happens if you are still too late despite the window of opportunity being to large (untested on console)
- what happens if you are too late.
- the safe strat: you park on top of the last enemy and start FF. That kills him for some reason. ^^

Invalid opcodes executed at the start of the instapass:
PSP: dbd1 
PS2: dbd0 070c
Those are all harmless: they are almost ignored.

I do not have absolute certainty that this wait offset is not in a sub-routine. Then there would likely be invalid opcodes at the end which might crash on console. This is quite unlikely, though, I looked at the code and I watch the instruction pointer.

I do not know if the "too late" version is safe on console.

Since there is always the chance that I err, a confirmation that it is stable on the consoles and mobile should happen. I don't have any of them so if anyone feels like it, please do so. :)

The are more instapass candidates in Bumps & Grinds. The setup is probably:
1) Get B&G menu, start a course.
2) Get an om0 rampage. (e.g. FF+rampage)
3) Start a course just before the rampage fails
4) Start FF so that after the fade, B&G is at the right wait command, like "wait 600 milliseconds after 2 in countdown"

A copy from my and husho's instapass doc:
1531 431778 TT4 Bumps and Grinds: Course 4 wait 600 after "2" in countdown
1533 423980 TT2 Bumps and Grinds: Course 2 wait 400 before "2" in countdown
1535 427892 TT3 Bumps and Grinds: Course 3 wait 600 after "2" in countdown
1544 705041 JDT3 A Volatile Situation (JD) wait 2000 ms -- before the cs with the truck?
1546 1018011 RAYS5 Munitions Dump (Leon McAffrey) wav ended? - inside cutscene "wait no flowers?"
1554 443666 TT7 Bumps and Grinds: Course 7 wait 1000 before "3"

Btw, check out what code it also skips.
Edit: better clarity
It skips this:
// checks if FF has already been completed
{341039} 0038:   $216 == 0
{341044} 004D: jump_if_false @FIRETRU_1606 
// checks if the level is 12
{341051} 0038:   $4048 == 12 
{341057} 004D: jump_if_false @FIRETRU_1606 
{341064} 0154: stop_timer $4049 

Landing here (two bytes earlier, to be exact :D but they do almost nothing)
{341068} 0156: remove_status_text $4048 
{341072} 0156: remove_status_text $4051 
{341076} 03EA: text_box 'FIREPRO'  // ~w~Firefighter mission: level 12 complete! You're now flame retardant!
{341086} 0562: make_player $536 burnproof 1 
{341092} 00BA: text_styled 'M_PASSN' 1000 ms 1  // ~Y~MISSION PASSED!
{341107} 059A:  
{341109} 0311: progress_made += 1 
{341113} 0399: play_music 1 
{341117} 0004: $216 = 1 
{341123} 0006: [email protected] = 1 
So you can probably get 100% by grinding this instapass. ^^

Lennart -
  • Lennart -

Toni Glitchiani

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 26 April 2017 - 04:33 PM

How can we grind this instapass to 100%?
I thought if
// checks if FF has already been completed
is positiv, the instapasses dont work.
If {341117} 0004: $216 = 1 which happens in the second last line, then checking {341039} 0038: $216 == 0 will result in not being able to instapass FF again...?

Bender ุ
  • Bender ุ

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 April 2017 - 05:13 PM

I have two good examples,

First, AP Photo Opportunity Vehicles (SA), On PCSX2 (PS2 Emu for PC) You can obtain them by "killing mission script" with Pool Game, but on real PS2 it does not work. it freezes the game completly. and YES, I DO used SAME version of the game, even same save.

Secound example, Heavy/UC Yankee (LCS), Simply on Emulator there are no hard steps, just start Mission with OM0 and kill mission script when Yankee spawns by starting Taxi, there, thats all.... Where on REAL version of the game it will freeze as well.

Patrick1994
  • Patrick1994

Rat

• Members

Posted 27 April 2017 - 04:26 AM

@Lennart
It works just fine. I edited the "code part" of my post for clarity.

Thanks Bender,
this is what Photo Opp + Pool executes (I used your PS2 scm):
00005182&0: [0111] SET_DEATHARREST_STATE 0
00005185&0: [0206] LOCATE_CHAR_ON_FOOT_CAR_3D [UNKNOWN] 459 2365.37 3284.58 2483.92 0
The first two parameters (in this case: [UNKNOWN] and 459) need to be character handle and car handle, respectively. Since those are invalid, the game tried to get the coords of non-existent entities which causes a crash. On emulator, it does not crash. Why that is the case is something I need to ask people about.
I remember that I was very confused about this case while now it seems clear what happened. Maybe I'll look it up. ^^

@Psycho
The "...very_heavy..." statement from Driving Mr Leone is dead code:
:SAL8_6271
{666257} 05AE: constant_params 0 variable_params 0 unknown 65 call_with_params @DEBMENU_1082 
{666267} 0370: toggle_unknown 1 
{666271} 0001: wait 500 ms 
{666276} 0004: $1086 = 0 

//!!!!!!!
{666281} 0051: return 

{666283} 8038:   not  $2289 == 0 
{666288} 004D: jump_if_false @SAL8_6387 
{666295} 811E:   not car $2289 wrecked 
{666299} 004D: jump_if_false @SAL8_6387 
{666306} 00AB: put_car $2289 at 437.39 -920.1 39.0 
{666323} 017A: set_car $2289 z_angle_to 90.0 
{666330} 01F1: make_car $2289 very_heavy 1 
{666336} 811D:   not actor $3911 dead 
{666340} 004D: jump_if_false @SAL8_6365 
{666347} 01E5: clear_leader $3911

The lines starting with a colon are labels. The game can only jump to labels (actually it is the other way around, Sanny Builder puts in labels everywhere the game can jump to). The return is inside a code block - code between two labels - it cannot be skipped without skipping the whole block, so the following code is unreachable. Unless you can skip to it with instapass tech. :D I have checked and failed to find anything useful.

@Militia
I do not have anything to say about your reply days ago regarding emulators other than that I am not aware of anything that I would call hit or miss (apart from getting Catalina calls together with a mission - other calls should be consistent with loads of practice). Hit or miss, as I understand it, means that it "randomly" does or does not "work". Almost all onmission related things I am aware of are not like that. There are version differences; If you are uninformed you can make your life unnecessarily hard; some things require practise, perhaps a lot of it. It is hard to stay informed when you have to read through pages and pages to get to it, though. ^^ So that is a problem.
  • RationalPsycho likes this

MorsPrincipiumEst
  • MorsPrincipiumEst

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 27 April 2017 - 10:55 AM Edited by MetalMilitia89, 27 April 2017 - 10:58 AM.

Well, I have YET to NOT succeed with any of the OM0 Vehicles in LCS on PS2.  All of them were easy, just as expected.  I always said, "break the Script, Vehicle is sitting there after.  Just take it."

That's literally how it's been.  I got EP/FP Hellenbach GT from Snuff, used BP Conversion on a Manchez and Noodle Boy during Shop 'til You Strop, got the H/EC Yankee from A Volatile Situation, BP/FP/PC Stretch from Love and Bullets, H/AP/PP Banshee from Sayonara Sindaccos, H/UH/DP/EP/FP/PP/WP Freeway, Faggio, and Angel from 9MM Mayhem/Scooter Shooter/AWOL Angel, and Unique/BP/DP/FP/TP/EC RC Bandit from Thrashin' RC in Portland.  10 out of 12 Special Vehicles obtained thus far and they were all more or less easy.  Not all first try, but even without OM0, I don't get Vehicles first try EVERY TIME.  Most times, sure, but not EVERY time.  So these are just as easy as any other Special Vehicle out there.

The only thing I have to say about OM0 in LCS for these Vehicles:

WE ARE LUCKY.

That's it.  You obtain some of these, and one OR MORE Blips are left on the Radar.  Sometimes there is also wacky sh*t left on the screen, like a Timer for a Race, Kills from Side Missions, Health Bars, a whole bunch of stuff is caused by obtaining these Vehicles.

Why are we lucky?

Save the game, reload, back to normal as if it didn't happen.

If this WASN'T the case, I wouldn't even bother obtaining a single OM0 Vehicle in LCS/VCS.  But we got lucky with these 2 games where everything is put back to normal, like it never happened..............Unlike VC and SA.  It's why I ONLY use AP and EC/EM Conversion in SA and NO other OM0 Methods since most cause Suicides for CJ and Radar Blips and sh*t...The only other one I would consider in SA is Unique/EP/FP RC Baron.  But other than that from Air Raid, I wouldn't bother to obtain the actual Special Vehicles from the Story and rather just convert them since SA leaves a lot on Radar, half of it doesn't work on PS2, and too many Suicides for CJ...

I mean, today, I will be getting the Unique/DP/EP/FP/TP/EC RC Bandit from the SI RC Race, and when you get it, the Timer from the Race is still going.  How it's possible to save the game without it crashing and then when you reload, everything is back to normal surprises me...

RationalPsycho
  • RationalPsycho

Glitchtor Vance

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 April 2017 - 03:45 PM

Another insta-pass? Nice. I assume we do get FP Toni and everything, right? These things could save us precious time, and render Starter Saves somewhat obsolete. I'm f*cking tired of transferring fares and extinguishing flaming asses over and over again.

San Andreas on PCSX2? It lags worse than GTA V! And V is bad enough as is, since you have to order a supercomputer from NASA to run it smoothly, or, at the very least, build a powerful (of course expensive) custom one. Last time I checked, no commercial PC could run either PCSX2 (although depends on the game) or V properly.

@Psycho

The "...very_heavy..." statement from Driving Mr Leone is dead code

The lines starting with a colon are labels. The game can only jump to labels (actually it is the other way around, Sanny Builder puts in labels everywhere the game can jump to). The return is inside a code block - code between two labels - it cannot be skipped without skipping the whole block, so the following code is unreachable. Unless you can skip to it with instapass tech. :D I have checked and failed to find anything useful.

So there is dead code in the script. If you mean stopping the mission with another mission, thus "blending" the script, it doesn't work. I tried pretty much everything, and the only results I got were crashing, or no Heavy vehicle at all.

Regardless, your posts are very useful. Although I barely can read code, you've answered several questions, and cleared a lot of things up. Respect :^:

The (hopefully) last request I have regarding the LCS script, is the "very_heavy" car [email protected] in "Love on the Run". I suspect it's another dead code, because I tested everything in practice and found nothing, but I don't have the coding knowledge to back my suspicions up with conclusive evidence.

Bender ุ
  • Bender ุ

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 April 2017 - 05:08 PM

San Andreas on PCSX2? It lags worse than GTA V! And V is bad enough as is, since you have to order a supercomputer from NASA to run it smoothly, or, at the very least, build a powerful (of course expensive) custom one. Last time I checked, no commercial PC could run either PCSX2 (although depends on the game) or V properly.

Run very smoothly on my PC without any lag spikes etc.

Lennart -
  • Lennart -

Toni Glitchiani

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 30 April 2017 - 12:23 PM

Gta Lcs, 100% possible before passing a Violatile Situation. Ps2 method found by oblivion walker:

OblivionWalker
  • OblivionWalker

Player Hater

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 30 April 2017 - 01:13 PM

proper video will be coming out tomorrow or so.

will edit this post with video

Bender ุ
  • Bender ุ

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 April 2017 - 01:51 PM

i wonder, does 100% unlock other garages or something? that be cool to store few vehicles before leaving Portland, like UC Maverick in SI garage

Lennart -
  • Lennart -

Toni Glitchiani

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 30 April 2017 - 01:58 PM Edited by Lennart -, 02 May 2017 - 03:49 AM.

As far as I know, only infinite ammo and  rhino. Well you can add unlimited ammo to this one. Also, yesterday was a great day because powdiet found a method to get to 100% without duping more that two missions.

Patrick1994
  • Patrick1994

Rat

• Members

Posted 03 May 2017 - 02:28 AM

Turns out, there are loads of LCS versions:
http://www.speedrun....s/thread/s19ef/

The perma-pass (100% trick) Lennart linked does not work on all versions. It might well not work on any PS2 or mobile version, I could not be bothered to check.

I do not know if OW's FF instapass works on a new PSP version, I have not looked into the differences, yet. I just know that it does not work on my PSP version (I do not know which one that is).

There are more instapasses but I will not document them until I figured out version differences. In SA, they changed 10 missions from one version to the next(afaik, there are only two versions, maybe a third "low violence" version). In LCS, there are half a dozen different versions. :D Who knows what they changed there? ^^

Lennart -
  • Lennart -

Toni Glitchiani

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 06 May 2017 - 05:35 PM

Bender ุ
  • Bender ุ

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 May 2017 - 05:41 PM

Can't you just call videos properly with full name instead of this harry potter names? 

Lennart -
  • Lennart -

Toni Glitchiani

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 06 May 2017 - 06:10 PM

HP* I'll translate it, BS=Bullsh*t or Bikesalesman, IP=Instapass

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users