Quantcast

» «
Photo

will it be a disappointment?

144 replies to this topic
anthony
  • anthony

Everyone in Liberty sells their soul to the devil.

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 October 2017 - 03:17 PM

It could have been 80h of campaign, the story would still suck. You know what I mean ? It is taste and colors obviously tho for the story and characterd itself.

Claude's Pants
  • Claude's Pants

You know the rules, Indio.

• Members
  • Spain

Posted 03 October 2017 - 05:22 PM

It's too soon. No one has played the game yet, no one knows how it really is.

Lazerface
  • Lazerface

The Business

• Members
  • None
  • Lousy T-Shirt

Posted 03 October 2017 - 06:16 PM

More years doesn't mean a better game. It depends how the developers spent that time making it. Anyone remember Duke Nukem Forever?

Don't go there, man, that game is a goddamn abomination.

• Hunter S. Compton likes this

kasa
  • kasa

Hustler

• Members

Posted 03 October 2017 - 07:09 PM

For me 2 trailers were disappointing, just nothing surprising or wow factor, I don't have high hopes after it, also for me gta v was disappointing, maybe rockstar lost its magic touch to be groundbreaking
  • anthony and UAL like this

zoso80
  • zoso80

Uninstalled GTA 10-6-17, an era comes to a close.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 October 2017 - 08:30 PM

I can see how it's easy to think like this.  Your misapplying what I said.

1. GTA V's single player doesn't count because that was the last big game R* has released. Futher, that was created with the involvement of The Benz, who by many an account is a huge single player guy and was at his core content driven.

2. We're in the post-The Benz era. R* has shown little to no commitment in GTA:O to advance any real story in recent years (Heists/Lamar Missions only exceptions). It's a fair extrapolation at this point that trend could continue. The Houser's and T2 like their online money and recurrent purchases more than one-time purchases.

3. You better 'give a sh*t' about online - that's where R*'s head is. That's that's their cash cow now, you're a fool to say it doesn't matter. It clearly does. R* has abandoned GTA V story mode DLC's and altered GTA as a franchise considerably to tailor it to macrotransactions.

You like single player, cool. Don't stick your head in the ground though because of your biases.

Cheers.

Spoiler

ferguson99
  • ferguson99

Fergs Gaming

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 03 October 2017 - 08:32 PM

No

woggleman
  • woggleman

Boss

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 October 2017 - 11:43 PM

It won't be because R know how beloved the original RDR is and would never do anything to turn off that fanbase. V whether you like it or not though I do like it came after the previous GTA received a mixed reaction from the fans. With RDR 2 they have nothing they feel they need to prove or make up for. 

zoso80
  • zoso80

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 October 2017 - 01:54 AM

Well, R* has told PVE players  in GTA:O to take a hike and turned off 25-40% of the playerbase.  R* isn't about gaming anymore. They are about making money.

Some still want to think like R* is loyal to anything. 

Rose tinted glasses are a curious thing.

It won't be because R know how beloved the original RDR is and would never do anything to turn off that fanbase. 

• UAL likes this

woggleman
  • woggleman

Boss

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 October 2017 - 02:01 AM

Well, R* has told PVE players  in GTA:O to take a hike and turned off 25-40% of the playerbase.  R* isn't about gaming anymore. They are about making money.

It won't be because R know how beloved the original RDR is and would never do anything to turn off that fanbase. 

It's not about loyalty but they know that RDR has a reputation and it's base is pretty unified on what they want it to be. It is very easy to give them what they want. The GTA base on the other hand is as divided as American politics. Some people think the series should be like IV and some people think it should be more like SA then some others want it to be more like V. It's going all different directions so maybe they just threw up their hands and decided to make money on the online market. 

Pepperjack
  • Pepperjack

Do you have my bag?

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 October 2017 - 04:10 AM Edited by Pepperjack, 04 October 2017 - 04:11 AM.

1. GTA V's single player doesn't count because that was the last big game R* has released. Futher, that was created with the involvement of The Benz, who by many an account is a huge single player guy and was at his core content driven.

2. We're in the post-The Benz era. R* has shown little to no commitment in GTA:O to advance any real story in recent years (Heists/Lamar Missions only exceptions). It's a fair extrapolation at this point that trend could continue. The Houser's and T2 like their online money and recurrent purchases more than one-time purchases.

3. You better 'give a sh*t' about online - that's where R*'s head is. That's that's their cash cow now, you're a fool to say it doesn't matter. It clearly does. R* has abandoned GTA V story mode DLC's and altered GTA as a franchise considerably to tailor it to macrotransactions.

You like single player, cool. Don't stick your head in the ground though because of your biases.

Cheers.

[spoiler]

I was under the impression that the Housers gave two sh*ts about online and just wanted to make stories, which is has furher proof because now The Benz is making some open world multiplayer game called Everywhere, he pushed online alot, and housers didn't like it

Algonquin Assassin
  • Algonquin Assassin

We're all looking for that special someone

• Members
  • Australia
  • Most Obsessive Name Changer 2016 (My unofficial GTAF annual award)
    Biggest Fanboy 2013, 2014, 2015
    Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Member in the OGA 2012

Posted 04 October 2017 - 08:25 AM

It's not about loyalty but they know that RDR has a reputation and it's base is pretty unified on what they want it to be. It is very easy to give them what they want. The GTA base on the other hand is as divided as American politics. Some people think the series should be like IV and some people think it should be more like SA then some others want it to be more like V. It's going all different directions so maybe they just threw up their hands and decided to make money on the online market. 

There's two reasons for that...

!) The Western genre is very niche so it's pretty difficult to turn over the apple cart (so to speak) and do something the fanbase isn't comfortable with. 

2) It's still a young series by comparison to GTA which is much broader when it comes to its themes/content. Some prefer the wild and crazy nature of San Andreas, Others prefer the more down to earth and sensible nature of GTA IV. Some like that GTA V does a bit of both. With a bigger audience comes bigger and wider expectations. 

I just don't think the two series fanbases can really be compared when one's 2 decades old with many more games under its belt reaching out to a much bigger audience and the other's in its infancy targeting a market that's hidden in the corner in the context of video games. I don't mean that in a negative sense, but Western open world games haven't exactly been in such abundance since RDR have they?

We'll see how united the fanbase is though if RDR2 still offers that great, single player experience or it's been injected with that GTAO like poison. The flipside however because RDR was so highly received I don't think R* would want to become too complacent and just assume everyone will love the game. It's been nearly 8 years remember. People don't just want better graphics.

So for me R* can't afford to rest on their laurels just because RDR was beloved.

EDIT: Forgot I made a similar point to this about 5 months ago on the other page. :blush:

• dognuts likes this

raebbitos
  • raebbitos

Rat

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 October 2017 - 08:41 AM

the biggest problem with rockstar is that they haven't got any real competition ,at least until the benz puts Everywhere out, it was the same with TF2 until overwatch came out and shook up the devs

UAL
  • UAL

Playa

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 04 October 2017 - 09:41 AM

For me 2 trailers were disappointing, just nothing surprising or wow factor, I don't have high hopes after it, also for me gta v was disappointing, maybe rockstar lost its magic touch to be groundbreaking

This.

The trailers were cool but ultimately they just looked like RDR1 with better graphics. No new features were really shown.

But of course we still don't know any details about the game. I'm pretty sure when they get released it will make things more interesting.

• kasa likes this

zoso80
  • zoso80

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 October 2017 - 10:00 AM Edited by zoso80, 04 October 2017 - 10:09 AM.

I don't see the correlation, but then again I may be as blind as a Tiburian bat.

As far as I know, you are are correct that the Housers were late to the online devotion. However, once they tripped into the goldmine of macrotransactions, they've been busy retooling GTA:O as a cash cow designed for optimal monetization.  Additionally, if the Housers's were as story driven as you assert, GTA:O would have some level of story advancement with The Benz out of the way - which only one DLC, heists came close. GTA single player has had no additional story content either. I think if your point were true, we'd have seen some advancement of stories in the post-The Benz R*.

I take The Benz making Everywhere based on an immersive customizable living, breathing world. Some ideas he had for GTA, some he didn't I'm sure.  We have to be careful to compare apples to oranges here. I don't see his current project as intentions of his long-range plans and what they would've been with GTA.

The biggest concern for me still is that the temptation to monetize the online and those recurrent dollars will blind R* to taking care of a proper story. Remember, GTA V wasn't built a macrotransaction machine from the ground up, it had it yes. The emphasis wasn't there though until later. Now, RDR2 is the first big title in years post-The Benz R*  that was created and will launch in the current gaming world and economics. My fear is RDR2 will be built from the ground up to feature macrotransactions and will push them on a GTA:O level.  I'd love to be wrong on this. 

There are optimistic thoughts in this thread, there are pessimist ones as well. I'm a realist and a student of history and patterns. I've watched R*'s behavior these last several years with GTA.  I'm just being being a realist.

The bottom line is though, time will tell and I'm hoping for the better but I'm not holding my breath.

Cheers.

Spoiler

fryday
  • fryday

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 04 October 2017 - 12:13 PM

This can only be found in the GTAforums....disappointments half a year before release.

hype to the maximum, create your over the top expectations, then call R* lazy morons again...

I think back to the good old times, when game details were totally unknown before release.

• Meekail, tonko, Mas u Sees and 2 others like this

Mas u Sees
  • Mas u Sees

Prankster

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 09 October 2017 - 07:43 AM Edited by Mas u Sees, 09 October 2017 - 10:38 AM.

I don't see the correlation, but then again I may be as blind as a Tiburian bat.

As far as I know, you are are correct that the Housers were late to the online devotion. However, once they tripped into the goldmine of macrotransactions, they've been busy retooling GTA:O as a cash cow designed for optimal monetization.  Additionally, if the Housers's were as story driven as you assert, GTA:O would have some level of story advancement with The Benz out of the way - which only one DLC, heists came close. GTA single player has had no additional story content either. I think if your point were true, we'd have seen some advancement of stories in the post-The Benz R*.

I take The Benz making Everywhere based on an immersive customizable living, breathing world. Some ideas he had for GTA, some he didn't I'm sure.  We have to be careful to compare apples to oranges here. I don't see his current project as intentions of his long-range plans and what they would've been with GTA.

The biggest concern for me still is that the temptation to monetize the online and those recurrent dollars will blind R* to taking care of a proper story. Remember, GTA V wasn't built a macrotransaction machine from the ground up, it had it yes. The emphasis wasn't there though until later. Now, RDR2 is the first big title in years post-The Benz R*  that was created and will launch in the current gaming world and economics. My fear is RDR2 will be built from the ground up to feature macrotransactions and will push them on a GTA:O level.  I'd love to be wrong on this. 

There are optimistic thoughts in this thread, there are pessimist ones as well. I'm a realist and a student of history and patterns. I've watched R*'s behavior these last several years with GTA.  I'm just being being a realist.

The bottom line is though, time will tell and I'm hoping for the better but I'm not holding my breath.

Cheers.

Spoiler

The Housers have little to do with the development of GTA Online, GTA Onlines monetization and content creation has been pushed over to Business Executives.

If you want proof for this, take a look at LinkedIn pages of Rockstar New York employees, a lot of people have been recruited from Banking sectors and Business.

What the Housers fear, is what essentially everyone who has money and power fear, their downfall. Rockstar pushes VERY hard for continues and replicated success, unfortunately this is what often leads to a hurly derly development process. You can also observe that Rockstar is pushing their Analytics and Data Science team, this is because they don't want to leave anything to chance anymore, and they fear that they won't be able to replicate the success they've had with GTA V.

The Housers will keep onto their own projects and stories, such as Bully 2, Red Dead Redemption 2s Singleplayer and future GTA instalments, BUT they will allways have a "business backup" such as GTA Online, Red Dead Online and Remasters, in order to replicate their economic success.

Hunter S. Compton
  • Hunter S. Compton

That's the paradox, John. You see?

• Members
  • Nicaragua

Posted 09 October 2017 - 11:32 AM

Cheers.

[spoiler]

I was under the impression that the Housers gave two sh*ts about online and just wanted to make stories, which is has furher proof because now The Benz is making some open world multiplayer game called Everywhere, he pushed online alot, and housers didn't like it

Yeah @zoso get your facts straight. Dan Houser is the lead writer for basically all of their games. In the recent lawsuit situation, not only does The Benz say that he had essentially no role in RDR until the October of 2009, but The Benz said VERBATIM "The Houser brothers had little interest in GTA Online, and did not focus on its development"

Mavericks as R* might be, they are still beholden to the whims of Take Two. If you have some knowledge of the Housers that we don't please let me know

• ragedandcaged likes this

nofakenews
  • nofakenews

Crackhead

• BUSTED!
  • Aruba

Posted 16 October 2017 - 10:41 AM

Who give a sh*t about online?

in gta? probably around 40 million people?

and redemption? many millions too for sure.

you should ask WHO GIVES A SHIAT ABOUT SINGLEPLAYER??? most people play the story ONE time and after that the game is dead. thats just bad

singleplayer is outdated. its all about how long can you keep your game alive and multiplayer is the way to go. the only way to keep a singleplayer game alive is mods like in skyrim or multiple singleplayer addons. gta 5 has no addons, just online content and thats the way to go. online is the future!

• fryday and ragedandcaged like this

fryday
  • fryday

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 16 October 2017 - 12:52 PM

yeah, like every other company in the world. what do you think?

they are just there to make free content, which can be critizised by moaners?

• ragedandcaged likes this

ragedandcaged
  • ragedandcaged

HAPPY HOLIDAYS

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 16 October 2017 - 03:15 PM

This can only be found in the GTAforums....disappointments half a year before release.
hype to the maximum, create your over the top expectations, then call R* lazy morons again...

I think back to the good old times, when game details were totally unknown before release.

Well put. Sad that it's trickling over to unreleased games. Sheesh.

ghostly dude
  • ghostly dude

Player Hater

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 October 2017 - 02:43 AM

Red Dead Redemption II will be the worst game ever made.

gonnaenodaethat
  • gonnaenodaethat

Yellow Car!!!

• Members

Posted 18 October 2017 - 02:40 PM

Neigh way

tonko
  • tonko

sgt. Handsome

• Members
  • Croatia

Posted 19 October 2017 - 07:55 AM

Loooooool

ARTHUR.
  • ARTHUR.

Johnny Yen

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted 19 October 2017 - 11:53 AM

Well put. Sad that it's trickling over to unreleased games. Sheesh.

Please return to your GTAOnline containment section. Thank you.

mombo2811
  • mombo2811

You'll walk... WITH A LIMP!

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 October 2017 - 03:03 PM

i didnt think they could make gta 5 better than 4.. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users