will it be a disappointment?

143 replies to this topic
Dee.
  • Dee.

GTAV= Style over substance

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 20 May 2017 - 02:33 PM

Anybody who playes GTA and enjoys it is a real GTA fan.

that i gotta agree with..to an extent. Maybe he means "enthusiast"? Because the majority of people out there playing gta5 dont even know the first 2 games were top down

• Xiled likes this

tonko
  • tonko

sgt. Handsome

• Members
  • Croatia

Posted 21 August 2017 - 11:41 AM

FB_IMG_1490648449328.jpg[/url]

• StJimmy and The Deadite like this

Holland_Hicks
  • Holland_Hicks

Big L R.I.P.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 21 August 2017 - 01:07 PM Edited by Holland_Hicks, 21 August 2017 - 01:09 PM.

Lol I was already disappointed by this game when they announced it would be called Redemption 2 and let's be honest, the pretty underwhelming first trailer. 

Besides that, I think there's a lot of room for improvement when it comes to the first game. GTA V was really more of a game of missed opportunities to me than a disappointment.

• StJimmy likes this

-RP-
  • -RP-

Producer

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 August 2017 - 09:25 PM Edited by -RP-, 21 August 2017 - 09:27 PM.

CEO of T2 Strauss has never played a video game in his life and never will.   He is a greedy banker at heart. Anytime a great development company is overruled by non gamer higher up banker types the results is disastrous for the game. I want this to be as great as the first, hell even better. But I think the glory days of R* are behind them now as far as being a developer "for the players". Sadly they are on the road to becoming just like other developers with banker/non gamers in charge of them. 

The only saving grace I can think of is this will be the first R* title fully developed on the ng platform. So we know it will look stunning. 50/50 chance on the rest of the game being just as good or better than the last one.

100% chance we are gonna have micro-transactions asshole Strauss already said so (f*ckin bankers ruining gaming)

• Kiyone_Alien_Cop, Moonplayer, Pressure Drop and 1 other like this

Jason
  • Jason

Sporadic

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 21 August 2017 - 10:41 PM

Strauss was in charge of Take-Two during the period when they released GTA IV, MP3, RDR, LA Noire and Midnight Club LA and they all turned out fine.

Neon_Dreaming
  • Neon_Dreaming

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 August 2017 - 12:27 PM

I hope it won't be a disappointment obviously, I hope it will be as good as or better than Redemption. Considering how long it takes Rockstar to release a title we know it won't be rushed, so we have that going for us.

What i'm concerned about is getting the balance right between single player and multiplayer, considering the success of Gtao they are more than likely going to try and replicate the success in RDR2, hooefully a balance will be found however, I also hope the multiplayer won't end up like Gtao, but that's a discussion for another thread.

The other issue i'm worried about is that the gameplay will not be up to standard, from IV to V shooting, physics, ped behaviours, and the story too got worse. This is just my opinion, I don't want to shít on V, it's a good game, just not to the usual Gta standard imo.i don't want regression from RDR2.

Also the question about dlc, will it be in expansion form like TLaD or TBoGT or will it be some new outfits and guns and a new online challenge? I think RDR2 will finally show is what direction Rockstar are taking, will they be the Rockstar of old? Whose games we signed up to this site to discuss, or will they become a more online centric developer, a lot of people like that too, I just hope they find a happy medium between the two.
  • Moonplayer likes this

-RP-
  • -RP-

Producer

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 August 2017 - 04:27 AM

Strauss was in charge of Take-Two during the period when they released GTA IV, MP3, RDR, LA Noire and Midnight Club LA and they all turned out fine.

Strauss probably came in or should I say took over in mid development of many of the games you mentioned. I don't know where I'm going with this so heres a quote from wikipedia.

From Wikipedia:

"At the annual meeting in March 29, 2007, ZelnickMedia staged a takeover of the company together with some of Take-Two Interactive's largest investors.[11] That is, Take-Two investors ousted five of six board members.[12] The investors (three hedge funds and one mutual fund, including Oppenheimer Funds and DE Shaw Valence Portfolios) controlled 46% of the stock.[13][14] As of July 2015, Strauss Zelnick is the single largest shareholder by voting power.[15]"

• Kiyone_Alien_Cop likes this

wagszilla
  • wagszilla

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 25 August 2017 - 08:42 AM

Can't be more of a disappointment than GTA V was to me.

If this game has horses you can ride fast, a good soundtrack, and Liar's Dice it's worth $60. 

• joshua969 likes this

tonko
  • tonko

sgt. Handsome

• Members
  • Croatia

Posted 25 August 2017 - 08:44 AM

It's gonna be truly awesome.

Lock N' Stock
  • Lock N' Stock

Boss

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 3 weeks ago Edited by Lock N' Stock, 3 weeks ago.

After seeing the second trailer, I've kind of been reassured. I think one of GTA V's problems was being too big for it's own good, especially since it was being between made at the end of last-gen. RDR 2 on the other hand will have nothing from last-gen holding it back.

I do fear for Online however.

DeucesR
  • DeucesR

Neighborhood Douche

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 3 weeks ago Edited by DeucesR, 3 weeks ago.

Can't be more of a disappointment than GTA V was to me.

If this game has horses you can ride fast, a good soundtrack, and Liar's Dice it's worth $60. 

GTAV wasn't a disappointment for me but you're damn right about the last part. If it has those three things, I'm totally excited and it's definitely worth $60.
  • Lock N' Stock and Johnson Johnson like this

Melted_INC
  • Melted_INC

Player Hater

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 3 weeks ago

i mean from judging from the two trailers we got there seems to be plenty attention to detail they have had more then enough time to develop this game as well so i definitely see the potential in it will be a disappointment? probably not is my answer

will it be better then RDR1? maybe

Lol I was already disappointed by this game when they announced it would be called Redemption 2 and let's be honest, the pretty underwhelming first trailer. 

Besides that, I think there's a lot of room for improvement when it comes to the first game. GTA V was really more of a game of missed opportunities to me than a disappointment.

i was hoping for "Red Dead Retribution" or something like that lol not a big deal but would have been cool 

FlatFX
  • FlatFX

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 3 weeks ago Edited by FlatFX, 3 weeks ago.

lets speak out the truth !!

seeing such a thread with this headline just confirms the greedy evolution of gaming communities

We just got a second trailer and have seen a peak of the game.

But people analyzing every piece of information and do frame by frame analysis which generates hype and expectations which reach to the moon and back to earth. 

The end result of this is that we already start complaining about bullsh*t and have worries for whatever.

(Just take the CoD WW2 beta as an example. People get crazy negative about it and dont realize anymore that it is a beta)

Just enjoy the #2 trailer and wait for new information.

Rockstar is known to make good games and I think RDR2 will be one of them. Just dont expect the impossible and stay realistic than you can actually enjoy it.

• Johnson Johnson likes this

Fuzzknuckles
  • Fuzzknuckles

Chronic Ape

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 3 weeks ago

Jesus Christ. 

There are two trailers, that's all the info in the world, and people are already asking whether it'll be a disappointment. 

How can anyone judge either way? How have we, as gamers, got so cynical as to ask this before ANYONE HAS EVEN PLAYED IT?

How can anyone reach an honest conclusion until after they've played it? 

This thread makes my eyes hurt, it's just that dumb. 

• zoso80 likes this

ExTerminator
  • ExTerminator

Heil Houser!

• Members
  • Iraq

Posted 3 weeks ago

Probably. Probably not.

You can't really say anything by looking at two trailers and some screenshots,

• zoso80 likes this

StangOne50
  • StangOne50

BEASTMODE

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 3 weeks ago

Im not worried about story mode, its online I feel will be very disappointing with the direction R is heading in with the cash cards and grinding.

I like to complete my games, get all the trophies but I am not prepared for this sh*t fest that I feel awaits me.

• Pressure Drop likes this

Pressure Drop
  • Pressure Drop

Rocksteady

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 3 weeks ago Edited by Pressure Drop, 3 weeks ago.

Story mode will undoubtably NOT be a disappointment.

However, online.... I am worried by. If it turns out to have p2p networking like GTA I will be extremely disappointed. It needs dedicated servers, and I guess we are going to see if Rockstar bother to invest all that money they made wisely, or carry on rinsing us. If RDO is treated the same as GTA is nowadays, I am going to lose a massive amount of respect for the company, however will obviously still buy the game for the single player. But yes, if it doesn't have dedicated servers for online I doubt I will even put myself through the torture. There is no excuse for Rockstar, one of biggest gaming companies, to not have their own servers.
PS - SEPERATE free aim lobbies too... not free aim as well as that cancerous assisted free aim

• StangOne50 likes this

StJimmy
  • StJimmy

Hater of player haters

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 3 weeks ago

Agreed, even though I believe so many things could have done better, lets not act like I did not buy the game three times and did not sink literal months of game time into it. 

I believe, like others are saying, this game has a lot of hype on it. RDR1 was a surprise hit. Its now hailed as one of the greatest games of its generation, if not all time. So a lot of people are going to be expecting that level of quality. Its like Guardians of the Galaxy 1 vs 2. Well I personally believe the second one is better (cause writing, character development etc) I have to agree the first one packed a bigger punch because it came out of nowhere with no hype and became a huge hit. That means the second one can never, no matter how good, live up to its hype. 

mombo2811
  • mombo2811

Peon

• Members
  • None

Posted 3 weeks ago

yes

StangOne50
  • StangOne50

BEASTMODE

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 3 weeks ago

PS - SEPERATE free aim lobbies too... not free aim as well as that cancerous assisted free aim

I heard about this a couple times. I thought you can only change your aim preference in story mode and if you choose free aim then thats what you get put into. I thought choosing assisted aim which I have on now only puts you into auto aim lobbies.

Maybe a pc issue? idk

• Pressure Drop likes this

Pressure Drop
  • Pressure Drop

Rocksteady

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 3 weeks ago Edited by Pressure Drop, 3 weeks ago.

I heard about this a couple times. I thought you can only change your aim preference in story mode and if you choose free aim then thats what you get put into. I thought choosing assisted aim which I have on now only puts you into auto aim lobbies.

Maybe a pc issue? idk

No, it works like this:

2 different kinds of lobby

- 1 contains players who chose either Assisted Aim (Partial) OR Assisted Aim (Full)

- The other type contains people who have chosen either Free Aim OR Free Aim (Assisted)

It could be fixed simply by removing the Free Aim (Assisted) as an option altogether, or I guess they could make it so the people who chose it also got put in with the other 2 assisted options. Assisted free aim has no reason to exist, and you can sometimes see who is using it if you look at the Job Points you get at the end of rounds... True free aim players get a higher JP reward usually, so the people using assisted show up at the end of games, but that's the only way of telling really. They shouldn't be allowed in a free aim lobby ! You can simply spam the LT button and constantly lock on!

• StangOne50 likes this

Raj Brunner
  • Raj Brunner

"There is no knowledge that is not power"

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 3 weeks ago Edited by Raj Brunner, 3 weeks ago.

I'm not worried at all. Rockstar has been working on this game for 7 years and come 2018 it will be 8. I'm sure Red Dead Redemption 2 will turn out great and will have a nice campaign.

mitchestechkeys
  • mitchestechkeys

Player Hater

• New Members
  • United-States

Posted 2 weeks ago

hey guys this is my first post but to be honest with you guys i think rockstar has become a little bit lazy and are just gonna milk this game kinda like how they milked gta online to its breaking point

charles8777
  • charles8777

Player Hater

• Members
  • Honduras

Posted 2 weeks ago

this is rockstar who made the game, one of the best developments video games on all the world, every game that they made is a masterpiece

Xiled
  • Xiled

The Truth

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 2 weeks ago

More years doesn't mean a better game. It depends how the developers spent that time making it. Anyone remember Duke Nukem Forever?
  • LincolnClay and Claude's Pants like this

Efreet
  • Efreet

• Members
  • None

Posted 2 weeks ago

I was personally disappointed by GTA5's story, and that was the only time I was from a Rockstar Games product. From what I've seen so far of Red Dead Redemption 2, it would be far away from the slightest feeling of disappointment, for me personally.
  • anthony, Moonplayer and LincolnClay like this

jaljax
  • jaljax

Vice Squad

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 2 weeks ago Edited by jaljax, 2 weeks ago.

Look's good so far.. 

zoso80
  • zoso80

Uninstalled GTA 10-6-17, an era comes to a close.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 2 weeks ago

This. Thank you. 

The rest is hype and people working themselves into a lather (R* is sure good at manufacturing hype).  R*'s choices with GTA:O and neglect of single player have me concerned. As other's have mentioned single player campaigns appear to be a dying art at R*. If they continue the de-evolution of GTA and apply that to RDR it'll be a disaster.

That said, not enough info.  Just large amounts of concern since they've turned GTA into a macrotransaction cash cow with very little substance. It could very easily happen to RDR too.

Time will tell. 

Probably. Probably not.

• anthony, Xiled and LincolnClay like this

Johnson Johnson
  • Johnson Johnson

Que VIADAO BUNITU Hein

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 2 weeks ago Edited by Johnson Johnson, 2 weeks ago.

This. Thank you. 

The rest is hype and people working themselves into a lather (R* is sure good at manufacturing hype).  R*'s choices with GTA:O and neglect of single player have me concerned. As other's have mentioned single player campaigns appear to be a dying art at R*. If they continue the de-evolution of GTA and apply that to RDR it'll be a disaster.

That said, not enough info.  Just large amounts of concern since they've turned GTA into a macrotransaction cash cow with very little substance. It could very easily happen to RDR too.

Time will tell. 

Probably. Probably not.

According to you it seems like gta v didnt have a 35 hours single player campaign

Johnson Johnson
  • Johnson Johnson

Que VIADAO BUNITU Hein

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 2 weeks ago

Who give a sh*t about online?

• anthony, Moonplayer and Femme Fatale like this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users