Posted 13 May 2017 - 08:38 PM

Going by GTA 5 then yes

DexPac
  • DexPac

Rat

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 May 2017 - 08:54 PM

Maybe all future rockstar games to be released will be made properly since that benzie turd is now out of the company. I heard it was his idea to make gtav an online-dominated game. He was the producer, after all. So now that the turd has been flushed, there is some hope now that rockstar will revert to their iconic and legendary single player experiences. Fingers crossed!!!

I think it was just his idea to expand the multiplayer a bit. The fans decided with their wallets that it would become what it is now.

I figure as long as the Houser's are a part of Rockstar we're gonna keep getting good single player, story driven content. Of course good is subjective and not everyone's going to like what we get regardless of how extensive the online modes are.

Mach1bud
  • Mach1bud

Gearhead

• GTA Series Staff
  • United-States
  • Best GTA Photographer 2016
    Coolest Member 2016
    Best Character [Snap] 2016
    Mister Los Santos 2016 Winner
    [Snapmatic Awards 2015] Best Male Character

Posted 14 May 2017 - 01:32 AM

I think it will be the greatest game ever created. Being honest. 

• Spider-Vice, Kirsty, DexPac and 2 others like this

HoleInTheSky
  • HoleInTheSky

Killing some f*cking Deadbeats!

• Members
  • England

Posted 14 May 2017 - 02:29 PM

I'm still skeptical about RDR2. On one hand, Rockstar will keep the Red Dead franchise separate from GTA by preserving its singleplayer (a dying art over at Rockstar). On the other, it'll turn out exactly as I fear - another online mode for the "keks".

• A.O.D.88 likes this

Dee.
  • Dee.

GTAV= Style over substance

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 May 2017 - 03:01 PM

Lets see how this prediction plays out because it has a lot to trump to reach that point.

Ray's Occult Books
  • Ray's Occult Books

Prankster

• BUSTED!
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 14 May 2017 - 03:03 PM

Get ready for buffalo cards!
Benny's Custom Saddles and Horseshoes
Wild Wild West Adversary Modes
One bar in the whole state.

Xayah
  • Xayah

I can never resist an invitation to dance

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 14 May 2017 - 03:04 PM

I doubt it, how can it beat masterpiece RDR1 when they focus on Online?

Ray's Occult Books
  • Ray's Occult Books

Prankster

• BUSTED!
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 14 May 2017 - 03:07 PM

I think it will be the greatest game ever created. Being honest. [/quote]
I doubt it, how can it beat masterpiece RDR1 when they focus on Online?[/quote]
The question is will they messed up a masterpiece like Red Dead Redemption,
Look how they f*cked up gta 5 with over 5 years of development. We shouldn't expect anything groundbreaking giving their recent offerings.
  • anthony and Xayah like this

ragedandcaged
  • ragedandcaged

CHECK YO SELF

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 May 2017 - 03:10 PM

If it is GTAO in the wild west then it will be epic.  So no.

Ray's Occult Books
  • Ray's Occult Books

Prankster

• BUSTED!
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 14 May 2017 - 03:15 PM

If it is GTAO in the wild west then it will be epic.  So no.

I hope so too

thc_404
  • thc_404

Prankster

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 May 2017 - 03:17 PM

No, Rockstar doesn't f*ck around, I'm sure RDR 2 will be GOTY.

You probably thought the same about GTA V, look how that turned out...

fashion
  • fashion

Glory to Mankind!

• Members
  • Palestine

Posted 14 May 2017 - 03:22 PM

If they will promise single player DLC and release multiplayer only concent without any explanation instead, then I'll be really annoyed and pissed off.

Mach1bud
  • Mach1bud

Gearhead

• GTA Series Staff
  • United-States
  • Best GTA Photographer 2016
    Coolest Member 2016
    Best Character [Snap] 2016
    Mister Los Santos 2016 Winner
    [Snapmatic Awards 2015] Best Male Character

Posted 14 May 2017 - 03:42 PM

I don't think the focus will be Online the same way they have done GTA V. 

SpeedlineMiracle62
  • SpeedlineMiracle62

Rat

• Members
  • Mexico

Posted 14 May 2017 - 04:45 PM

The pessimism is high here

fashion
  • fashion

Glory to Mankind!

• Members
  • Palestine

Posted 14 May 2017 - 05:08 PM Edited by fashion, 14 May 2017 - 05:09 PM.

^^ Lost a lot of trust because of R*'s change of focus. It's be a legendary game, no doubt, but GTA5 was also legendary first until they stopped adding concent to singleplayer. It sucked you had to pay a lot of cash or had to grind for weeks until you could buy that new car in Online.

VenomsnakeVII
  • VenomsnakeVII

RDR2 Drought Fighter

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 May 2017 - 05:25 PM

Get ready for buffalo cards!
Benny's Custom Saddles and Horseshoes
Wild Wild West Adversary Modes
One bar in the whole state.

it's benito now ese, and the wickity wackaity snack packity world wide wild west stunt flying machine ghost rider events.

DexPac
  • DexPac

Rat

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 May 2017 - 06:39 PM Edited by DexPac, 14 May 2017 - 06:40 PM.

^^ Lost a lot of trust because of R*'s change of focus. It's be a legendary game, no doubt, but GTA5 was also legendary first until they stopped adding concent to singleplayer. It sucked you had to pay a lot of cash or had to grind for weeks until you could buy that new car in Online.

So, you're saying even if Red Dead Redemption 2 has an amazing Single Player campaign it'll stop being amazing if they don't add more to it?

I get not liking Online but I don't see why you'd let that change your opinion on the game as a whole.

Dee.
  • Dee.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 May 2017 - 07:42 PM

So, you're saying even if Red Dead Redemption 2 has an amazing Single Player campaign it'll stop being amazing if they don't add more to it?

I get not liking Online but I don't see why you'd let that change your opinion on the game as a whole.

Exactly. SA didnt get any DLC and look how extensive and packed that game's campaign was

GTAVAu
  • GTAVAu

Rat

• Members

Posted 14 May 2017 - 08:05 PM

Will it be a disappointment is like asking if it will play on a Genesis

anthony
  • anthony

Nobody cares, nobody f*cking cares.

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 May 2017 - 05:39 AM

GTA 5 wasn't a legend even before the Online, way before. People doesn't seem to understand that GTA 5 was a let down in many area. Yeah the online, the online and nothing in SP but f*ck that, look like it's a style to say that now, what about you go play GTA SA, GTA 4, RDR and MP3 ? You will really see why I say GTA 5 was a letdown. Yeah I'm ""scared"" for RDR2 about the online like in GTA 5 but there is way more before that. Even IF GTA 5 SP would have get everything from the online the game would still suck for me.

Bare
  • Bare

mcr is red

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 15 May 2017 - 07:17 AM

No, I don't believe it will. I say that because I've never been disappointed by a R* game except LA Noire at first because I expected it to be a more like a detective version of GTA :lol: but once I got used to the fact that it isn't, it turned out to also be a very good game.

• tonko likes this

tonko
  • tonko

sgt. Handsome

• Members
  • Croatia

Posted 15 May 2017 - 07:35 AM

I would go that far and say Red Dead Redemption will be one of greatest games of our generation and Rockstar's top 5 game in general.

• Rafae likes this

Kirsty
  • Kirsty

• Administrator
  • United-Kingdom
  • Best Administrator 2016
    Best Administrator 2015
    Best Moderator 2014
    Most Respected 2014
    Most Helpful 2014
    Best Moderator 2013
    Most Helpful 2013

Posted 15 May 2017 - 08:40 AM

Style and design wise, I believe it's impossible for this game to be a disappointment because Rockstar are chieftains of the open world. You can't deny they made the most of what they could with GTA V's map. Since there will be a lot less traffic/buildings to generate in RDR2, I think it'll take full advantage of console power and the map will be stunning.

Story wise, it's subjective I guess. A lot of people complained about a "weak" story for GTA V, coupled with the multi-protag formula. I enjoyed GTA V very much but it wasn't my favourite story out of the series, but everyone can have a different opinion on that. Red Dead Redemption was a deep and emotional story, critically acclaimed, so Rockstar are going to have to pull off something big to match it. If we have multi-protags in RDR2, I do worry about the connection we will feel to them and the depth the story can go, but I'm open minded because I think they would have improved on it a lot from GTA V.

Multiplayer is a different ball game. I don't know what to expect, it can be equally a good and a bad thing if they are going to force the GTA Online formula onto it with microtransactions. I don't expect it to be exactly the same like some people imagine it to be though. 

• Xayah likes this

Idro_Novenalen
  • Idro_Novenalen

Interior decorator

• Members
  • Italy

Posted 15 May 2017 - 08:49 AM

Disappointment how? Like it's gonna suck or like MGSV? Because yea, MGSV was a disappointment on the storytelling side, but the gameplay was so incredible. I spent almos 100 hours playing that game. 
Anyway I don't worry about the single player or the multi, the most urgent thing to me is to show actually something worth buying in the first place

Dick Justice
  • Dick Justice

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 15 May 2017 - 08:54 AM

Style and design wise, I believe it's impossible for this game to be a disappointment because Rockstar are chieftains of the open world. You can't deny they made the most of what they could with GTA V's map. Since there will be a lot less traffic/buildings to generate in RDR2, I think it'll take full advantage of console power and the map will be stunning.

Story wise, it's subjective I guess. A lot of people complained about a "weak" story for GTA V, coupled with the multi-protag formula. I enjoyed GTA V very much but it wasn't my favourite story out of the series, but everyone can have a different opinion on that. Red Dead Redemption was a deep and emotional story, critically acclaimed, so Rockstar are going to have to pull off something big to match it. If we have multi-protags in RDR2, I do worry about the connection we will feel to them and the depth the story can go, but I'm open minded because I think they would have improved on it a lot from GTA V.

Multiplayer is a different ball game. I don't know what to expect, it can be equally a good and a bad thing if they are going to force the GTA Online formula onto it with microtransactions. I don't expect it to be exactly the same like some people imagine it to be though. 

I don't think multiple protagonists was the problem, I think Rockstar were unsuccessful in their implementation of that mechanic though. The story hit a wall once you started working for the FIB - everything before that is golden, especially when each of the characters is in their own world. With Franklin in the ghetto, Trevor in the sticks and Michael in the suburbs, all the characters felt different and unique. The story then progresses to a point where it mashes them all together and these great characters get bogged down in a boring plot about the government and corruption. Suddenly, all their unique character traits get lost in a void of weak storytelling and bad pacing. 

• Kirsty, Meekail, Pink Pineapple and 1 other like this

woggleman
  • woggleman

Boss

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 May 2017 - 03:05 AM

It won't be because the general public loved the original RDR so R don't feel they need to do a 180. No matter how you feel about GTA V it is the way it is in large part because the previous game was so badly hated on. RDR doesn't have that problem. People love it so R will not want to change the formula. Say what you want about them but R gives the public what they want and outside of these forums V was what the people wanted after IV.

• Darrel and Rafae like this

Dee.
  • Dee.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 16 May 2017 - 01:12 PM

It won't be because the general public loved the original RDR so R don't feel they need to do a 180. No matter how you feel about GTA V it is the way it is in large part because the previous game was so badly hated on. RDR doesn't have that problem. People love it so R will not want to change the formula. Say what you want about them but R gives the public what they want and outside of these forums V was what the people wanted after IV.

So much wrong with this post... Of course they changed the formula up a bit just like they did with V. What do you think they were doing for the last 5 years? Making a more pretty version of Red Dead 1? 

And (Thankfully) R* doesnt have your mindset when it comes to pleasing fans. Yes, GTAV was a critically acclaimed success and the sales back it up. Doesnt mean theres no room for improvement and that R* doesnt hear whatever criticism there is (Especially on this forum because R* is known to broswe here regularly)  .And no matter how "hated" GTA4 was at the time, many people still play it to this day and as of this day, it has sold more than 25 million copies. It also holds a higher score than GTAV on meta critic. 

And it doesnt matter if the formula was changed or not. Doesnt mean this game cannot be a disappointment. Dont know what you're talking about there...

• DexPac likes this

woggleman
  • woggleman

Boss

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 May 2017 - 02:54 PM

So much wrong with this post... Of course they changed the formula up a bit just like they did with V. What do you think they were doing for the last 5 years? Making a more pretty version of Red Dead 1? 

And (Thankfully) R* doesnt have your mindset when it comes to pleasing fans. Yes, GTAV was a critically acclaimed success and the sales back it up. Doesnt mean theres no room for improvement and that R* doesnt hear whatever criticism there is (Especially on this forum because R* is known to broswe here regularly)  .And no matter how "hated" GTA4 was at the time, many people still play it to this day and as of this day, it has sold more than 25 million copies. It also holds a higher score than GTAV on meta critic. 

And it doesnt matter if the formula was changed or not. Doesnt mean this game cannot be a disappointment. Dont know what you're talking about there...

They aren't trying to make a prettier version of RD 1 but they will probably keep the essence and spirit because that is what the public wants. With V the general public outside of a very loyal cult fanbase disliked IV so R did a complete 180 and in some places tripped over themselves trying not to be IV. IV is one of the my favorite games of all times but I know how it is seen by a large amount of people outside of this forum. If R gets lazy or half asses RDR2 then it will be a letdown but they have no need to throw the previous game under the bus and they know the general public has high expectations. 

Dee.
  • Dee.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 16 May 2017 - 03:30 PM Edited by DeeDogg_, 16 May 2017 - 03:32 PM.

They aren't trying to make a prettier version of RD 1 but they will probably keep the essence and spirit because that is what the public wants. With V the general public outside of a very loyal cult fanbase disliked IV so R did a complete 180 and in some places tripped over themselves trying not to be IV. IV is one of the my favorite games of all times but I know how it is seen by a large amount of people outside of this forum. If R gets lazy or half asses RDR2 then it will be a letdown but they have no need to throw the previous game under the bus and they know the general public has high expectations. 

You're kinda just stating the obvious with that first sentence. No one expects anything other than that to happen. Doesnt make it immune to being a disappointment though. And you're blowing this GTA4 hate way out of proportion. If it was hated even a fraction that you're describing it, there would be dislikes and sh*tposts galore on GTA4 videos. All I see is "My favorite GTA campaign." "My favorite protagonist" "My favorite city" etc. The proof is there, go look at newly released high rated videos of GTA4. The game isnt hated at all. There are dislikes, sure but that died out after about 2010. And what evidence do you have of R* "disliking GTA4 besides the fact that its successor was different? Thats quite the assumption. Every GTA is different from the former.

But alas. lets not go off topic with this back and forth

EDIT: Even on videos such as "GTA4 is better than GTAV", the majority agrees and it has over 5 million views.

• Pink Pineapple likes this

Piggsy pls
  • Piggsy pls

pls

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 16 May 2017 - 03:52 PM

I wouldn't say IV was hated, when it released though it was very divisive and got a lot of criticism for not being SA II, far more than V has, and even to this day on other forums and social media I see it has its fair share of detractors like V. Since RDR was near universally praised by gamers, hopefully that means Rockstar know what Red Dead fans want, but the success of GTA Online still has me worried.
  • Dee. likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users