will it be a disappointment?

90 replies to this topic
vnus_dmlo
  • vnus_dmlo

The Judge

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 12 April 2017 - 10:20 AM

i think rdr might well be the best game rockstar ever made, reading through people's favourite details in the other forum has reminded me of the incredible depth of the game and the living breathing atmosphere rockstar created

gta 5 cant compare and feels devoid of life in comparison imo and thats got me scared for rdr 2

im praying its an improvement on rdr but im managing my expectations because honestly i cant see how it could be beat it was, and remains a perfect game

do you think rdr 2 will be a disappointment? what parts are you worried about letting you down?

(someone bump this when it comes out so we can see how it panned out against our expectations)
  • anthony, Payne Killer and Dark_Rider013 like this

Dark_Rider013
  • Dark_Rider013

Player Hater

• Members
  • France

Posted 12 April 2017 - 11:24 AM

I'm not too worried about RDR2.

RDR was by far, the most immersive of R* games, even now, the immersion is still on top. Of course, the game is old now, things might look and sound outdated, but many recent games don't have the level of detail.

For GTA V, I think the issue comes with three characters. While it was a success, everything was going sa fast. I loved the characters but the villains needed some depth. There's a great level and sense of deatil, but it has skipped some of those crusty details that made RDR great. For instance, the fauna: in GTA V it felt dull, useless. It even didn't interact at all with the player and NPC.

However, concerning RDR2, chances are immersion and improvements will be great, better than both RDR and GTA V.  I am thinking PS4 and XB1 have a lot to show and perform, even better than was GTA V. There are so many perspectives to be tested on RDR2, and I'm really confident about it.

• vnus_dmlo, Payne Killer, jackemannen and 3 others like this

MiamiViceCity
  • MiamiViceCity

The Unforgiven

• Australia
  • Most Obsessive Name Changer 2016 (My unofficial GTAF annual award)
    Biggest Fanboy 2013, 2014, 2015
    Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Member in the OGA 2012

Posted 12 April 2017 - 11:40 AM

The only thing that worries me is GTAO like infestation aka single player being starved like it was in GTA V. Other than that I don't fear it being a disappointment.

In saying that I doubt it'll "wow" me anywhere near to the extent RDR did in 2010. That was "playing GTA III for the first time" kind of levels and I can't see that being topped no matter how technically sound it is.
  • saintsrow, Rich., vnus_dmlo and 14 others like this

Dark_Rider013
  • Dark_Rider013

Player Hater

• Members
  • France

Posted 12 April 2017 - 11:50 AM

Even though there is less "surprise" than RDR, in my opinion, I will definitely be in awe :p

• vnus_dmlo likes this

Fernando_Martinez
  • Fernando_Martinez

passionista

• Members
  • Mexico

Posted 15 April 2017 - 07:56 PM Edited by Fernando_Martinez, 15 April 2017 - 07:56 PM.

The first one was really awesome. Whatever happens in RDR2, I'm sure it will be beautiful. And full of passion!

• saintsrow likes this

Jabalous
  • Jabalous

Villager

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 April 2017 - 08:03 PM

No. I actually believe that it will exceed my expectations and what I expect from the whole experience.  

Good Hombre
  • Good Hombre

Born to kill

• Members
  • Mexico

Posted 16 April 2017 - 01:37 AM

No, Rockstar doesn't f*ck around, I'm sure RDR 2 will be GOTY.

• AndreasDuke likes this

SacoRoxo
  • SacoRoxo

Mulher que não dá VOA

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 16 April 2017 - 04:35 AM

If if does have 10% of the quality the first redemption had, its gonna be game of the generation

• Joselito1 likes this

SleezerZ
  • SleezerZ

Portuguese Outlaw

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 16 April 2017 - 11:25 PM

I am indeed worried that singleplayer will be very short the sake of Red Dead Online or suffer of quality.

Another thing is the physics aka. euphoria ragdolls. They were so great and fun to f*ck around with in RDR1, seeing that gta 5 was such a huge downgrade, i hope rdr2 wont follow that. As gta5 was made for old-gen, they couldve cut down in euphoria to make the huge world run properly and since rdr2 is only next gen i hope they have more power now for euphoria of rdr1 or even an improved one.

• vnus_dmlo and BurnettVice like this

DoomsdayFAN
  • DoomsdayFAN

ICE

• Members
  • Iceland

Posted 17 April 2017 - 02:22 AM

As long as the map is bigger than the first game and filled with more things to do, I'll be happy. Although the map for the first game was big, it still felt like I was stuck in a giant hole. I don't want that for this game. I'd rather it be a giant island like GTA than a big hole like RDR1. 

V4S
  • V4S

🌸 N°1 sǝɹɐɔ 🌸

• The Yakuza
  • Japan

Posted 17 April 2017 - 07:51 AM

Rockstar's games are never disappointing, the fans can be though.

• vnus_dmlo, Meekail, Mr. Fartenhate and 10 others like this

TheManWithNoName
  • TheManWithNoName

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 18 April 2017 - 08:58 PM

No
  • SleezerZ likes this

AlexGambino150
  • AlexGambino150

Humble Beast

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 20 April 2017 - 12:43 AM

As long as people don't set their expectations for this game into impossible heights, then most likely no.

DexPac
  • DexPac

Rat

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 21 April 2017 - 07:52 PM

I'm sure it'll have its haters like every other game does but I can't really imagine anyone who loved Redemption hating this one.
  • confederatestatesgta likes this

SleezerZ
  • SleezerZ

Portuguese Outlaw

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 21 April 2017 - 08:44 PM Edited by SleezerZ, 21 April 2017 - 08:44 PM.

I'm sure it'll have its haters like every other game does but I can't really imagine anyone who loved Redemption hating this one.

No one said hating, but disappointed.

DexPac
  • DexPac

Rat

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 21 April 2017 - 09:08 PM

Tomato, tamahto. My point is the game will have its fair share of detractors. Whether it's people who wanted it to be something more, people who over hyped it in their own heads or it's just not their cup of tea.

DeeDogg_
  • DeeDogg_

Never. Trust. Rockstar.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 3 weeks ago

Woah! Are you a time traveler? What if this one gets rid of almost everything that made RDR magical? Are you in the know?

And disappointed fans aren't 'haters'.

confederatestatesgta
  • confederatestatesgta

negan is awsome.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 3 weeks ago

i cant see how it could be beat it was, and remains a perfect game

sorry to burst your bubble but red dead redemption was not perfect. it had its fair share of glitches and bugs and even a few small problems with the story. not to mention modders started ruining it later on. but it is an amazing game. probably one of rockstars best games. but not perfect.

back on topic i doubt it will be disapointing. i loved gta 5 and a lot of people hated that game. while it does suck that gta 5 did not have a singleplayer dlc. red dead online wont be as big as gta online. sure im sure there will probably be microtransactions and other dlc. i just dont see it being as big as gta online. no fighter jets or super cars. there might be some new horses or guns and maybe some old west styled adversary modes. plus seeing as how westerns are not very popular the player base will probably be smaller than gta online. so im hoping rockstar will give us a singleplayer dlc to make up for no singleplayer dlc in gta 5 and smaller amount microtransactions. but this is just my hopes.

anyway i dont think it will be disapointing. i think rockstar is gonna make a great game. it wont be perfect im sure it will have glitches and modders. as long as you dont go into this game thinking it will be perfect. because that will make people disapointed.

Cmajor
  • Cmajor

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 3 weeks ago

When you think about it, rockstar have never put out a bad sequel, so im sure this one will be as good as the first. Although i would have preferred it if they had announced bully 2 instead. 

DeeDogg_
  • DeeDogg_

Never. Trust. Rockstar.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 3 weeks ago Edited by DeeDogg_, 3 weeks ago.

When you think about it, rockstar have never put out a bad sequel, so im sure this one will be as good as the first. Although i would have preferred it if they had announced bully 2 instead. 

Thats subjective. And also, Its best to just keep expectations in check. I dont know why R* gets treated as if theyre gaming gods. Their games are heavily flawed 

DexPac
  • DexPac

Rat

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 3 weeks ago

Well, the OP is asking for opinions so it stands to reason that most, if not all, responses in this thread will be subjective.

ClaudeSpeed1911
  • ClaudeSpeed1911

J.E.C.

• Members
  • Palestine

Posted 3 weeks ago

Its a disappointment until proven its not. This is my mindset after GTA5.

• anthony likes this

SpeedlineMiracle62
  • SpeedlineMiracle62

Rat

• Members
  • Mexico

Posted 2 weeks ago

There are many reasons to believe it'll be a complete disappointment. First of all, we must consider that this isn't the same Rockstar that made the first RDR more than 7 years ago. This is the Rockstar that made the lackluster and disappointment that was GTA V. The game had an awful campaign with nothing to do and a terrible online mode, which is they main center at the moment, so it wouldn't be surprising to see the SP part from RDR2 being stripped down to focus purely on the online part (which it will). The departure of The Benz is another reason. He was the main core for almost every GTA game, hell if it wasn't for him, we wouldn't had RDR in the first place. So leaving the company will surely downgrade the quality in Rockstar, unless they've found someone to replace him (which I highly doubt).
  • vnus_dmlo and anthony like this

DexPac
  • DexPac

Rat

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 2 weeks ago Edited by DexPac, 2 weeks ago.

There are many reasons to believe it'll be a complete disappointment. First of all, we must consider that this isn't the same Rockstar that made the first RDR more than 7 years ago. This is the Rockstar that made the lackluster and disappointment that was GTA V. The game had an awful campaign with nothing to do and a terrible online mode, which is they main center at the moment, so it wouldn't be surprising to see the SP part from RDR2 being stripped down to focus purely on the online part (which it will). The departure of The Benz is another reason. He was the main core for almost every GTA game, hell if it wasn't for him, we wouldn't had RDR in the first place. So leaving the company will surely downgrade the quality in Rockstar, unless they've found someone to replace him (which I highly doubt).

Meh, I guess it depends on your expectation level. No game is ever gonna be perfect and yeah, it's possible that Red Dead Redemption 2 might be a disappointment on every level but it doesn't seem very likely.

Me, I don't have any first hand knowledge of how any game's development goes but it's hard to believe that the loss of The Benz is going to cause as drastic a shift in quality as some people think.

DeeDogg_
  • DeeDogg_

Never. Trust. Rockstar.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 2 weeks ago

Meh, I guess it depends on your expectation level. No game is ever gonna be perfect and yeah, it's possible that Red Dead Redemption 2 might be a disappointment on every level but it doesn't seem very likely.

Me, I don't have any first hand knowledge of how any game's development goes but it's hard to believe that the loss of The Benz is going to cause as drastic a shift in quality as some people think.

My expectations are moderate because its R* and because they made GTAV and abandoned the SP lol.

Never hype yourselves tyoo much

anthony
  • anthony

• Members
  • None

Posted 2 weeks ago Edited by anthony, 2 weeks ago.

This   :cookie:  :cookie:

this isn't the same Rockstar that made the first RDR more than 7 years ago

And MP3 and GTA 4, definitely not the same.

The game had an awful campaign with nothing to do

Without forgetting the huge amounts of removed contents (see beta thread), lack and watered down of many things.

it wouldn't be surprising to see the SP part from RDR2 being stripped down to focus purely on the online part (which it will).

Yeah not at all. Next news of this game will certainly be accompanied w something about the online.(already)

Ray's Occult Books
  • Ray's Occult Books

Snitch

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 2 weeks ago

Rockstar Games will most likely f*ck up again like they did with gta 5,
Which is why I'm not getting excited or jumping on the hype train.
It will get push back to next year to keep people wanting more.
Of course slick trailers have never lied or made a game seem better than it actually was.

A.O.D.88
  • A.O.D.88

Brian Jeremy

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A week ago Edited by A.O.D.88, A week ago.

Will this game be a disappointment? It all depends what type of gamer you are, if you are mainly for the SP Story mode then this game will be a massive disappointment as you will get NOTHING!!

If you love online multiplayer however, then this game will be eureka and nirvana as your mode in terms of content will get everything you can think of and then a metric ton on top of it all!

mariana_dm1989
  • mariana_dm1989

Mari

• Members

Posted A week ago Edited by mariana_dm1989, A week ago.

Maybe all future rockstar games to be released will be made properly since that benzie turd is now out of the company. I heard it was his idea to make gtav an online-dominated game. He was the producer, after all. So now that the turd has been flushed, there is some hope now that rockstar will revert to their iconic and legendary single player experiences. Fingers crossed!!!
  • A.O.D.88 and Good Hombre like this

Mister Pink
  • Mister Pink

мистер роз

• The Connection
  • None
  • Best Poster [Music] 2016
    Best Poster [Music] 2015
    Best Poster [Music] 2014
    Most Knowledgeable [Music] 2013
    Best Contributor [Music] 2012

Posted A week ago

If the single player experience is there, then I know it will be great. I think Rockstar knows that RDR is precious  to it's fans. It's praise came from the strange encounters, the ambient things like wildlife, hunting, mystery, exploration and solid story. I think dumping this in favour of cheap Online thrills (or not so cheap - shark cards, I'm looking at you) will be the nail in the coffin for me. I'll stick to developers that put love in to SP and respect and reward the player for it. Games like Fallout, Skyrim, The Witcher etc. 

• A.O.D.88 likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users