Quantcast

» «
Photo

Free speech?

Best Answer sivispacem, 11 April 2017 - 07:40 PM

So the take-homes today are:

1) You don't have free speech on a privately-run forum.
2) Even if you did, being deliberately antagonistic​ towards other members is expressly against the rules
3) Even being deliberately antagonistic towards other members wasn't expressly against the rules, it violates the primary tenet of general etiquette: "don't be a dick"
4) You're a multiple PBM on a short leash, expect to get more scrutiny from staff than regular members.

IW8simF.gif Go to the full post

15 replies to this topic
Fooking Rekt
  • Fooking Rekt

Special Vehicle Collector

• BUSTED!
  • GoSquared

Posted 11 April 2017 - 02:59 PM Edited by Fooking Rekt, 11 April 2017 - 03:01 PM.

Why is it not allowed to make memes about other members, related to GTA? Mine, and of two other members were removed from the Grand Theft Auto - Memes topic, without any given reason. It's mildly childish to get butthurt over a stupid meme.

How does a butthurt person who isn't even an admin have the power to remove any post he desires as "spam"? 99% of the time it's not even spam. Is it because of his award?

Feel free to move it to the off-topic section if it doesn't belong here, but please don't lock. We need answers. And before you're gonna say it's because I'm hated, I'm not the only one affected by this.

Kirsty
  • Kirsty

• Administrator
  • United-Kingdom
  • Best Administrator 2016
    Best Administrator 2015
    Best Moderator 2014
    Most Respected 2014
    Most Helpful 2014
    Best Moderator 2013
    Most Helpful 2013

Posted 11 April 2017 - 03:10 PM

Since when are memes about other GTAF members related to GTA? They were removed by staff for being off-topic spam by the looks of things, not because anyone is "butthurt".

You have no free speech here when you're a previously banned member. I'm really not sure what you expect when you've been given another chance but choose to carry on trolling over a petty grudge.
  • Android and MorsPrincipiumEst like this

Fooking Rekt
  • Fooking Rekt

• BUSTED!
  • GoSquared

Posted 11 April 2017 - 03:14 PM Edited by Fooking Rekt, 11 April 2017 - 03:15 PM.

They were all related to GTA, except one of them involving a Minecraft piston. One was mocking the guide and one was mocking special vehicles in general.

And like I said, not only I was affected. Thomasak and universetwisters were also affected.

AlienTwo
  • AlienTwo

Infinite Diversity, Infinite Combinations

• Zaibatsu
  • Mars
  • Best Poster [Gen Chat] 2016
    Contribution Award [Snapmatic Competition]
    Golden Trump Award 2016
    Funniest Member 2015
    Best Poster [Gen Chat] 2015
    Helpfulness Award
    Best Poster [Gen Chat] 2014
    Second Best Alien

Posted 11 April 2017 - 03:41 PM

Free Speech doesn't apply to the forums.  It's a private club, you have to respect their rules.  You are "allowed" to do whatever you want, but they are "allowed" to kick you or limit your posting abilities.  My god, you'd think you were an American or something....

Fooking Rekt
  • Fooking Rekt

• BUSTED!
  • GoSquared

Posted 11 April 2017 - 03:47 PM

God no, I'm glad I'm not American. But it doesn't mention anywhere that making a meme about an annoying member of the forums isn't allowed.

The_Human
  • The_Human

The Eye

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 11 April 2017 - 03:57 PM

They were all related to GTA, except one of them involving a Minecraft piston. One was mocking the guide and one was mocking special vehicles in general.

And like I said, not only I was affected. Thomasak and universetwisters were also affected.

Tomasak*

Kirsty
  • Kirsty

• Administrator
  • United-Kingdom
  • Best Administrator 2016
    Best Administrator 2015
    Best Moderator 2014
    Most Respected 2014
    Most Helpful 2014
    Best Moderator 2013
    Most Helpful 2013

Posted 11 April 2017 - 03:57 PM

It's not allowed.

There I just said it.
  • Nico, GTAKid667, Shaundi. and 5 others like this

make total destroy
  • make total destroy

RAD XTREME LEFTIST

• Leone Family Mafia
  • None
  • Not Very Punk 2016
    Most Desperate Campaign Poster 2015
    April Fools Winner 2015
    Bloody Ungrateful 2016

Posted 11 April 2017 - 05:33 PM

• Femme Fatale likes this

~Tiger~
  • ~Tiger~

• Members
  • None
  • Best Ledby 2015
    Best Ledby 2014
    Helpfulness Award [GTA V]
    Contribution Award [GTA V]

Posted 11 April 2017 - 06:13 PM

Why is it not allowed to make memes about other members?

Read The Forum Rules

• No Flaming Language or comments that are antagonistic, provocative, slanderous, derogatory, abusive, aggressive or confrontational

You deliberately set out to be confrontational so don't play the innocent victim.

I was the one who binned your posts and if you have anymore like that, I'll bin those too so don't waste your time.

If you want to post trouble stirring crap go do it on a crap forum, not this one.

• Nico, Android, MorsPrincipiumEst and 4 others like this

Fooking Rekt
  • Fooking Rekt

• BUSTED!
  • GoSquared

Posted 11 April 2017 - 06:15 PM

I don't see how these memes are antagonistic, provocative, slanderous, derogatory, abusive, aggressive or confrontational in any way.
  • Lennart - likes this

~Tiger~
  • ~Tiger~

• Members
  • None
  • Best Ledby 2015
    Best Ledby 2014

Posted 11 April 2017 - 06:30 PM

I don't see how these memes are antagonistic, provocative, slanderous, derogatory, abusive, aggressive or confrontational in any way.

Ignorance is no excuse.

Read The Rules Again:

Use common sense and you will get along just fine. Like any other forum, there are unspoken 'rules' of etiquette amongst the community regarding spamming (the occasional meme is fine and is actually funny if used in moderation, but please don't go overboard) and trolling (deliberately acting out to annoy or flame the community). While such things aren't generally enforced as rule breaking, Moderators will take action if such posts become a habit, cause problems or result in complaints from other members
  • Android, MorsPrincipiumEst, Veroder and 1 other like this

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

THAT'S NOT THE PROBLEM, WILLY!

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Conversion 2016 [GTA: Underground] [Contribution]
    Best Workshop 2014
    Most Improved 2014
    Funniest Member 2014
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 11 April 2017 - 06:35 PM

I mean I kinda see how a meme can be antagonistic & confrontational, like you could make a meme that says "X won't shut up about Y let's make fun of him" or something like that. What I don't get it how a meme focusing on how useless garages are can be seen as being antagonistic and removed. Maybe the dude who was reporting it wanted to make it about himself or jumped the gun and didn't realize how broad the subject was.

Like as fun as it is poking fun at some GTAF related things, it's ultimately about GTA memes, like Kirsty said. But again, I'm sure some jokes could be had about certain types of GTA players like people who still think Bigfoot is in San Andreas, whiney GTA online squeakers, etc. But again, if you're gonna joke about people who collect special vehicles or demand helicopters be brought back, it should be more broad as opposed to singling out people who are just a part of it. That's just my two cents.

• Voit Turyv likes this

~Tiger~
  • ~Tiger~

• Members
  • None
  • Best Ledby 2015
    Best Ledby 2014

Posted 11 April 2017 - 06:43 PM

It's very simple:

Mocking the game is allowed. Mocking other members of this Forum is not allowed.

• MorsPrincipiumEst, Veroder and Femme Fatale like this

sivispacem
  • sivispacem

Jo Nškyvi Pohjan Portit

• European-Union
  • Contribution Award [D&D, General Chat]
    Most Knowledgeable [Vehicles] 2013
    Best Debater 2016, 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2011

Posted 11 April 2017 - 07:40 PM   Best Answer

So the take-homes today are:

1) You don't have free speech on a privately-run forum.
2) Even if you did, being deliberately antagonistic​ towards other members is expressly against the rules
3) Even being deliberately antagonistic towards other members wasn't expressly against the rules, it violates the primary tenet of general etiquette: "don't be a dick"
4) You're a multiple PBM on a short leash, expect to get more scrutiny from staff than regular members.

IW8simF.gif
  • Tchuck, Vanzant, Girish and 10 others like this

Veroder
  • Veroder

That guy

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 April 2017 - 05:15 PM Edited by Veroder, 12 April 2017 - 05:15 PM.

64920097.jpg

Spoiler

• Payne Killer likes this

Arrow
  • Arrow

Connectedô

• Facade Corporation
  • India
  • Helpfulness Award [WD&P Mega Topic]

Posted 12 April 2017 - 10:17 PM

God no, I'm glad I'm not American. But it doesn't mention anywhere that making a meme about an annoying member of the forums isn't allowed.

It doesn't have to be mentioned. Use your common sense a bit and I'm sure that you'll see it as a part of member harassment which isn't allowed for obvious reasons.

1. This ain't 4chan.
2. They're still off-topic.
  • MorsPrincipiumEst likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users