Quantcast

» «
Photo

Which do you prefer: GTA V or Watch Dogs 2?

98 replies to this topic

Poll: GTA V or Watch Dogs (129 member(s) have cast votes)

Which do you prefer?

1. GTA V (96 votes [74.42%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 74.42%

2. Watch Dogs 2 (33 votes [25.58%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 25.58%

Vote Guests cannot vote
Piggsy pls
  • Piggsy pls

pls

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 May 2017 - 10:42 AM

Watch Dogs 2 was actually pretty good, but then again I didn't have huge expectations like I did with GTA V. In terms of story both are pretty ridiculous, but the world of San Francisco is more alive than Los Santos, and there's tons of sh*t to do. But GTA V still has that Rockstar polish to it, and director mode and the content creator.. I'd say they even themselves out.
  • FATMANYOU2 and Yinepi like this

FranklinsIron
  • FranklinsIron

TWR: Ryanssh*tPit

• Members
  • England

Posted 09 May 2017 - 02:53 PM

Watchdogs 2 absolutely destroys GTA V. Only flaw is driving.

The only thing GTA has that watchdog doesn't is "nostalgia" and if you want to role play, GTA's world just "seems" more "real" but think that's only cos of the driving and nothing more.

People saying Watchdogs 2 isn't realistic have no idea on the modern westernised world.. Lol. Give it 10 years, it will be awfully similiar especially technology and criminal databases, drones etc..

One flaw I hate, being a criminal and wearing deadsec clothes. I always role play, break in fbi, put on a suit, different missions different clothes. But where you don't have to, I suppose that should be judged.

GTA V 8. Shoulda, coulda, woulda game
Watchdogs 2 9. Excels from the first, great strides for the future. Only flaw is driving which seems "empty" and deadsec branded clothing in stealth missions etc.
  • Algonquin Assassin, FATMANYOU2 and anthony like this

woggleman
  • woggleman

Boss

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 May 2017 - 06:57 PM

GTA V I just can't get into Ubisoft games. To me they aren't good developers and are the reason why some people are getting tired of open world games.

• Official General, Meekail and Journey_95 like this

HisWharf
  • HisWharf

Crackhead

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 09 May 2017 - 09:48 PM

Watch Dogs 2 isn't terrible the map is interesting enough to make me want to explore but where GTA 5 beats WD2 is the story and characters GTA 5's story and characters are way more memorable then WD2 the only slightly memorable character in WD2 is Wrench

Cheatz_N_Trickz
  • Cheatz_N_Trickz

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 10 May 2017 - 12:50 AM Edited by Cheatz_N_Trickz, 10 May 2017 - 12:51 AM.

The problem with WD2 (and 1) is that it's just always pushing you forward. Off-mission it doesn't seem like the characters have lives to get on with.

GTA V, for all of its faults is still a GTA, and because it carries over enough of those life-sim aspects from IV, you can still lose yourself in the game a lot more than a usual open world game.
  • Official General likes this

Official General
  • Official General

I'm from Broker, LC, we always carry heat around here.

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 May 2017 - 12:36 AM Edited by Official General, 12 May 2017 - 12:37 AM.

Played an hour of Watch Dogs (the first one) and I didn't like it at all. Didn't bother with the WD series after that, so I'd say GTA V.

And I'm not really interested in hacking activities either.

You played the first one, not the second one.
I've played WD2 on PS4 and it's better than GTA V.
They've made SFO like 80-/- of SFO. The main city in GTA V is too small.
Marcus was not as good as Aiden Pearce, but still OK. Get it man. You'll love it.

I'm not saying WD2 is not good - I'm just saying that it is not my thing. It still involves mostly crimes to do with hacking and computers, and that's not what I'm really into regarding open-world crime games in the style of GTA. Playing WD, I quickly realised that this hacking stuff did not excite or interest me one bit. WD2 is still gonna have the same core gameplay as the first, so therefore, WD2 still wouldn't appeal to me either way.

But the city of SF looks great though I admit, I'd love to have seen a similar city of San Fierro in V if there had been a map expansion.

woggleman
  • woggleman

Boss

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 May 2017 - 09:34 AM

I know a lot of people here don't like the driving in V but compared to WD2 it is ten times better. The driving in the WD games is the definition of arcadey.

• FATMANYOU2, Journey_95 and Yinepi like this

Algonquin Assassin
  • Algonquin Assassin

We're all looking for that special someone

• Australia
  • Most Obsessive Name Changer 2016 (My unofficial GTAF annual award)
    Biggest Fanboy 2013, 2014, 2015
    Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Member in the OGA 2012

Posted 12 May 2017 - 11:49 AM

GTA V I just can't get into Ubisoft games. To me they aren't good developers and are the reason why some people are getting tired of open world games.

They're hit and miss to me. Assassin's Creed II is one of my favourite games, but I couldn't into Far Cry 4 whatsoever. It really depends on the franchise and type of game it is.

They're not as bad as EA IMO.
  • anthony and The American Army 1775 like this

Official General
  • Official General

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 May 2017 - 01:36 PM Edited by Official General, 13 May 2017 - 12:17 AM.

They're hit and miss to me. Assassin's Creed II is one of my favourite games, but I couldn't into Far Cry 4 whatsoever. It really depends on the franchise and type of game it is.

Huh really ?? The Assassin's Creed series were quite boring and very repetitive, I never really got into them or took a liking to them. I bought the first one brand new, and I part-exchanged it within a couple of months. AC3 was good for a bit, but then it just became the same ol' very repetitive and tedious stuff.

The Far Cry games are Ubisoft's best work in recent years, namely Far Cry 3 and 4, they were both brilliant - I'm very surprised you didn't like the Far Cry games, well 3 and 4 anyway.

The American Army 1775
  • The American Army 1775

Joseph Stalin

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 May 2017 - 02:58 PM

EA. I dislike the company & it's games but there are many of my nostalgia are associated with it.

NFS : Underground was one of the first racing games I used to play. It was gifted to me by my younger uncle in my birthday. It's been a two-fifth a decade since I touched NFS.

Let's return to the topic.
Every company is now engaged to make open world games. GTA, Watch Dogs, Spiderman, Prototype, ToD, etc.
Now days, I've lost my interest in gaming, which I had a lot before 2010. All games are having overmount features, which we've experienced in real life. I remember playing VC in 2003 or some other games which gave us fun.
Nowdays, we just have games with great graphics, but no much fun.
Watch Dogs 2 is comparatively better than gta V coz it has better story missions as well as better side missions.

IGPlay
  • IGPlay

Kifflom!

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 13 May 2017 - 10:54 PM Edited by IGPlay, 13 May 2017 - 11:04 PM.

Well... I've spent +50 days of my life on GTA V and only 34 hours on WD2.

Don't get me wrong both games are great but I'd be lying if I told I prefer WD2.

alibabon
  • alibabon

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 May 2017 - 03:16 AM

i chose gta v :cool:

Algonquin Assassin
  • Algonquin Assassin

• Australia
    Best Poster [GTA] 2014

Posted 14 May 2017 - 04:12 AM

Huh really ?? The Assassin's Creed series were quite boring and very repetitive, I never really got into them or took a liking to them. I bought the first one brand new, and I part-exchanged it within a couple of months. AC3 was good for a bit, but then it just became the same ol' very repetitive and tedious stuff.

The Far Cry games are Ubisoft's best work in recent years, namely Far Cry 3 and 4, they were both brilliant - I'm very surprised you didn't like the Far Cry games, well 3 and 4 anyway.
I don't dislike the Far Cry games just 4. 3 was a great game infact. Like I said I find Ubisoft to be hit and miss with their games. Some of them are great others are "meh".

Regarding the thread the first Watch Dogs suffered what a lot of new IPs seem to and not quite having their potential realised.

With Watch Dogs 2 IMO Ubisoft done more in the two years between the games to improve than what R* did between GTA IV and GTA V with double the time and budget.

Watch Dogs 2 has its flaws, but to me it improves on the first game in every major way more than GTA V does to GTA IV.
  • anthony, ClaudeSpeed1911 and Yinepi like this

Official General
  • Official General

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 May 2017 - 06:22 PM

@ Miami

FC3 was the best one, but FC4 is still good, I recently finished it. The AC series can disappear for all I care. WD2 looks good, but I just cant be bothered with hacking activities.

Mr_Rager
  • Mr_Rager

weight of the wind

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 May 2017 - 06:34 PM

Kinda surprised to hear Watch Dogs 2 get praised, it must be a big step forward compared to the first one.

NiceAssGirl
  • NiceAssGirl

Remember, I'm the monkey & you're the cheese grater.

• BUSTED!
  • American-Samoa

Posted 14 May 2017 - 10:27 PM

I'll go with GTA V seeing as Watchdogs 2 was an obnoxious pile of horse sh*t with the worst characters in video game history IMHO. GTA V can be obnoxious too but at least it's quite clever & funny IMO. 

Also, I've played through V four times & I have played it for 100s of hours across two generations, I scraped through Watch dogs 2 in 20 hours & never touched it again.

• GTAFanClub likes this

woggleman
  • woggleman

Boss

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 May 2017 - 12:12 AM

Kinda surprised to hear Watch Dogs 2 get praised, it must be a big step forward compared to the first one.

It's going against GTA V on this forum. A watching grass grow simulator would get praised against V with some people.The fact that V is winning by quite a large margin shows WD2 isn't very good.

anthony
  • anthony

Everyone in Liberty sells their soul to the devil.

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 May 2017 - 01:17 PM Edited by anthony, 15 May 2017 - 01:31 PM.

I didn't played Watch Dogs 2, I played the first one and the world was very impressive, both on the NPC and layout area. Chicago felt real, and I also liked the car models (who felt like real cars because of their models) and the driving. It's not a cartoon world. R* took this way with GTA 4 but unfortunately that's not the case anymore.

The fact that V is winning by quite a large margin shows WD2 isn't very good.

Doesn't show everything, I think that the opposit result would be seen on WD 2 forum.

UshaB
  • UshaB

Nacho Libre - "I wanna weeeeeen!"

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 15 May 2017 - 02:03 PM

Sleeping Dogs because f*ck y'all.

Spoiler

• Journey_95 likes this

Masterjohn88
  • Masterjohn88

GTA Farmer

• Members
  • Albania

Posted 23 May 2017 - 08:21 PM

WDII cars are awful to ride. but needs mor brain thn gta 5. 

Journey_95
  • Journey_95

Soldier

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 20 July 2017 - 05:06 AM Edited by Journey_95, 20 July 2017 - 05:07 AM.

GTA V and its not even close. WD2 felt repetitive, the story and characters were garbage, it lacked the detail Rockstar games have and just felt like a generic Ubisoft game. This one felt even more safe than WD1

Agreed, Ubisoft games apart from a few exceptions suck ass and there is a lot of copy & pasting going on there. Every game from them feels similiar and their writers lately are just awful. Rockstar puts way more effort into their games, V despite its flaws shows that.

Zodape
  • Zodape

CABINETS

• The Yardies
  • Argentina

Posted 20 July 2017 - 03:56 PM

I played Watch Dogs 2 a bit at a friends house. Its alright but V is soo much better, and I only played the PS3 version.

Lucius M. Galloway
  • Lucius M. Galloway

Blood God

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 21 July 2017 - 09:09 AM Edited by Lucius M. Galloway, 21 July 2017 - 09:11 AM.

Watch dogs 2 baby, better story, better characters, much more fun, much more involvement in the world, people feel alive and react to you and others, better gameplay, better customization, overall just a better experience.

GTA 5 is lacking on content, stripped, worst characters, worst story, and overall I would have taken a new Scarface game over that.

It seems it's popular to hate on Watch
Dogs 2 just because you're so boring that you think everything else is too. Or you just hop on the wagon with everyone else without even touching the game.

:) Posers.

Edward Nashton
  • Edward Nashton

A Traveler of Both Time and Space.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 21 July 2017 - 09:29 AM Edited by Edward Nashton, 21 July 2017 - 09:43 AM.

Your poll is a bit misleading, OP. It says Watch Dogs not Watch Dogs 2, there's a big difference. 

Anyway, Watchdogs 2 all the way. It accomplished what it proposed to do, be an open world stealth game with a lo-fi cyber-punk twist to it. It didn't bait and switch the people who were interested in that concept by giving them an appetizer of that - then snatching it away and saying that the rest of that is locked away in this pseudo-mmo they haphazardly stapled onto the game you thought you bought. 

It's just on that principle alone that I see Watchdogs 2 as a far superior game to GTA V.

• R3CON and Yinepi like this

SabreGT
  • SabreGT

And the winner by knockout is...!

• BUSTED!
  • England

Posted 21 July 2017 - 10:12 PM Edited by SabreGT7, 21 July 2017 - 10:13 PM.

I honestly felt NOTHING for Watch Dogs 2 the characters were SO obnoxious, the writing was so try hard & unfunny, the missions were, to be frank boring & mostly quite repetitive, Stealth & gun combat was hit & miss. 

San Francisco much like Chicago was lovely though and well designed. 

V all the way. 

• Journey_95 likes this

Yinepi
  • Yinepi

Wepwawet Wannabe

• Members
  • Egypt

Posted 21 July 2017 - 10:51 PM

I think I might have to change my position. After playing Watch Dogs 2 much more lately I begin to like the characters more than the 3 Idiotic Monkeys. The city in Watch Dogs 2 is much more bigger in size, and feels like a real city. An overall I feel more like I'm actually a part of the game world.

GTAV still does car handling better and audio better.

D T
  • D T

Rat

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 July 2017 - 03:20 AM Edited by D T, 22 July 2017 - 03:20 AM.

Watch Dogs 2 is superior in almost every aspect, apart from physics and gunplay. If Ubisoft can get those right in the next one, I'd never play GTA again.

Journey_95
  • Journey_95

Soldier

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 23 July 2017 - 11:28 PM Edited by Journey_95, 23 July 2017 - 11:28 PM.

I honestly felt NOTHING for Watch Dogs 2 the characters were SO obnoxious, the writing was so try hard & unfunny, the missions were, to be frank boring & mostly quite repetitive, Stealth & gun combat was hit & miss. 

San Francisco much like Chicago was lovely though and well designed. 

V all the way. 

Agreed, I mean GTA V was no doubt flawed but this just shows the difference in quality between Rockstar and Ubisoft. The latter are just so f*cking lazy and just slap their repetitive formula on every game and call it day.

People say V's humor was bad but WD2's is even worse and honestly cringeworthy.

Watch dogs 2 baby, better story, better characters, much more fun, much more involvement in the world, people feel alive and react to you and others, better gameplay, better customization, overall just a better experience.

GTA 5 is lacking on content, stripped, worst characters, worst story, and overall I would have taken a new Scarface game over that.

It seems it's popular to hate on Watch
Dogs 2 just because you're so boring that you think everything else is too. Or you just hop on the wagon with everyone else without even touching the game.

:) Posers.

Its popular to hate on it because it sucks (no wonder it sold badly) but you seem like a typical crazy fan who has to bash others just because they don't agree with him. 

If anything WD2 is the more boring game, just the same old rehashed Ubisoft sh*t that we have been getting for almost a decade.

Algonquin Assassin
  • Algonquin Assassin

• Australia
    Best Poster [GTA] 2014

Posted 23 July 2017 - 11:47 PM

Story and character wise they're both sh*t considering their predecessors are both superior in every way in that department. However I think one big difference between the two is at least Watch Dogs 2 embraced its open world and didn't force unnecessary restrictions like GTA V does.

It's not perfect, but it took everything from Watch Dogs and made it better. It still has much as much interactivity as the first game (if not more). On the other hand it's a fact that GTA V sacrificed interactivity from GTA IV making its game world feel shallow and not as fleshed out as it first appears.

I just think in general Watch Dogs 2 is a far more honest sequel than GTA V is. Doesn't try to come across as the greatest damn game in existence (which GTA V lol definitely is NOT) and just goes about its business..

• Yinepi likes this

woggleman
  • woggleman

Boss

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 July 2017 - 12:00 AM

Neither WD was particularly very good. They follow the typical Ubisoft formula of paint by numbers games. If WD2 was a halfway decent game it would be winning this poll because we all know how this forum feels about V. There are companies other than R that make great open world games but Ubisoft is not one of them. 

• Journey_95 likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users