Quantcast

» «
Photo

Which do you prefer: GTA V or Watch Dogs 2?

49 replies to this topic

Poll: GTA V or Watch Dogs (79 member(s) have cast votes)

Which do you prefer?

1. GTA V (60 votes [75.95%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 75.95%

2. Watch Dogs (19 votes [24.05%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 24.05%

Vote Guests cannot vote
Raj Brunner
  • Raj Brunner

"There is no knowledge that is not power"

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 April 2017 - 02:16 PM Edited by Raj Brunner, 12 April 2017 - 04:01 AM.

Let me by saying that Watch Dogs 2 was everything it's predecessor should of been. Not a lot of glitches, better protagonist, it doesn't take itself too seriously the tone is more up beat and satirical, it feels more alive and hacking feels more useful and fun. But when Comparing it to GTA V it doesn't really tip the scale. GTA V feels better in a lot of aspects. Here are a few reasons why:
The characters and the Storyline (No spoilers) I know what you're thinking, "But Raj, most GTA V characters are under developed and the Storyline wasn't hot sh*t either." Maybe true, but when it comes to those to things it doesn't come close. Everyone besides Marcus are pretty annoying and they act like total hipsters. I really didn't like the group he hung around. The way people in Dedsec talk and act is just plain stupid to me. It feels like the developers were trying to make them look funny, but they're all actually pretty annoying. GTA V group may have been dysfunctional, but they it was performed in a better satirical way. The Storyline of Watch Dogs 2 is about Marcus Hollowaybeing framed by the new ctOS 2.0 system for a crime he didn't commit. So he teams up with this Dedsec to bring down the person responsible making the system alter citizens criminal record. While in GTA V you are three different strangers and all you're forced to work for the FIB to keep you and your love ones safe, while pulling off daring Heists. You're working for corrupt side of the government and robbing the toughest and most powerful branches in the world. Not to mention they can't even trust themselves with all the secrets Michael is hiding. Watch dogs 2 plot has a great concept but it falls short with it's annoying characters, repetitive missions and odd dialouge.

Missions: GTA V missions feel like something out of a movie. There's action packed moments, the shaking camera, the voice acting is an impeccable, there's shoot outs are intense, there's different types of missions, etc.
Watch Dogs 2 missions aren't so bad. They're not scripted like GTA V's. You could choose your play style, but the problem is this done with every ubisoft game. Not that it's a problem, but it's done in the same way. Doing it the ghost way gets pretty boring, so I suggest you go panther and kill anyone thay gets in your way or just go in guns bazing. Not to mention the enimies really easy are really easy to fool. The overall problem with this it gets repetitive really.

Gameplay: Watch Dogs 2 hacking is actual pretty fun to use unlike Watch Dogs 1. They give more gadgets and different ways to take down criminals.The clothing option is just great. You're allowed to fully customized Marcus clothing choices. This is an upgrade from Watch Dogs 1 because there were just outfits.
There are still a lot of safehouses. Parkour and combat is a huge improvement over both GTA V and Watch Dogs 1. There are combination and take downs. GTA V as you know does have sluggish combat, the animations are fluid but not that as good, even though the clothes are actually good sometimes you can't mix and match and this game doesn't really do Parkour. But the reason I prefer GTA V a lot more in this department because there's a lot more to get into. The side missions, the different types of vehicles, the arsenal, GTAO is off the hook, the gamemodes, etc. They're all designed to in the right way and the Gameplay just seems to last longer.

Freeroaming and the map: WD2 sets in San Francisco and GTA V in Parody city of LA and it's surrounding nature Los Santos. Both maps are beautifully made and feel alive even though the AI both games can get complete f*cked up. Watch Dogs 2 npcs now actually feel pretty real they get to arguments, fight you back, one time I saw this guy breaking up someones car, you can talk to people in some places there are a lot more people in stores, etc. Even though GTA V has a lot of random events and people you know appear at your house or on streets, the typical NPC AI pretty stupid. You stand next to someone for 10 seconds that flip on you or call the cops, sometimes if give them at simple "How are you doing?" They'll sometimes get hostile. The gangs are deadly GTA V. That's something I do like though.Both games have great attractions and areas but I prefer GTA V's area because feels more like an actual state. Not saying WD2 just has nothing but city, It just feels more of a real place.

Physics: This wasn't really a contest. Besides shooting Ubisoft really step game when it comes to this. The cars still feel like tanks and very arcade, there aren't really any rag doll effects and a lot of things still feel like tooth picks.

Graphics: Watch Dogs 2 I believe is slightly ahead in this department.Watch Dogs 2 has better lighting and characters models. But when it comes to textures, refections and detail. GTA V comes on top. But none the less WD2 is ahead in this department.

Watch Dogs 2 is better in shooting, parkour, animations, mini games, hacking. (Obviously( and NPCs everything things goes to GTA V if you ask me. Like I said Watch Dogs 2 is a great game. I'd rate it an 8/10. It's better Watch Dogs 1 and it's way better than that sorry excuse for a 2016, Mafia 3.

The American Army 1775
  • The American Army 1775

The Protectors

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 April 2017 - 05:04 PM Edited by DIze, 11 April 2017 - 05:10 PM.

I dont own WD2, but gave it a at my friend TA's house. IMO, it's pretty better than gta V. SFO is in my heart forever. Hacking was obviously a charm. But still, it would remain a fiction forever. Such type of hacking is impossible IMO. gta V hacking was more realistic, but didn't gave much fun.
gta V. Kill Merryweather, Loot Merryweather, Destroy Merryweather. That's it.
  • Officer Ronson likes this

Payne Killer
  • Payne Killer

Time moves forward, nothing changes.

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 April 2017 - 05:48 PM

GTA V. I liked the first Watch Dogs, I played the second game and it sucked.
  • Vik likes this

truffleshuffle03
  • truffleshuffle03

Peon

• Members

Posted 11 April 2017 - 07:34 PM Edited by truffleshuffle03, 11 April 2017 - 07:34 PM.

I have not played either watchdog's so I have to go with GTA

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

THAT'S NOT THE PROBLEM, WILLY!

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Conversion 2016 [GTA: Underground] [Contribution]
    Best Workshop 2014
    Most Improved 2014
    Funniest Member 2014
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 11 April 2017 - 07:43 PM

GTA 5 because it's more realistic to believe that criminals can get away with their crimes if cops don't find them after enough time as opposed to pressing X to hack the world.

Saganist
  • Saganist

The Cosmos Is Within Us

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 April 2017 - 02:00 AM

I absolutely adored the first Watch Dogs but then I downloaded the demo for Watch Dogs 2 on the PS4 and was very disappointed. The world felt dead (so did the first one but there was just something off about San Francisco), the story was weird (maybe because it was the demo and stuff may have been chopped up) but regardless it just felt off and weird. It's a shame too because I was looking forward to buying the whole game.

So in short I would go with GTA V. Both games have their flaws, and as much as I love the first Watch Dogs - GTA V does it best.

StormBreaker
  • StormBreaker

Rockstar Hater

• Members
  • India

Posted 12 April 2017 - 01:52 PM

V, because I haven't tried watchdogs 2 yet

Songokusixtynine
  • Songokusixtynine

Player Hater

• Members
  • Macedonia

Posted 4 weeks ago

GTAV no doubt

FATMANYOU2
  • FATMANYOU2

Keep It 100

• Members

Posted 4 weeks ago Edited by FATMANYOU2, 4 weeks ago.

I enjoy both. I have never played WD1 because of reviews, but I have to say WD2 is pretty cool. You talking to someone who's been playing GTA sense the beginning. What sets the two apart, GTA 5 you can fly, more open world with ocean and wildlife and more vehicles. WD2 peds interact with the world more and more interior. So I have to say Ubisoft has improved and I'm thinking next WD will be even better if they continue to listen to their fans.

Nelly2K
  • Nelly2K

Rat

• Members
  • European-Union

Posted 3 weeks ago

I bought Watch Dogs on PS3...was a waste of money, I think I played an hour. Didn't like it.

FATMANYOU2
  • FATMANYOU2

Keep It 100

• Members

Posted 3 weeks ago

I bought Watch Dogs on PS3...was a waste of money, I think I played an hour. Didn't like it.

I believe it's Watch Dogs 2 we're talking about? Watch Dogs 2 is not on PS3.

Mojave Courier
  • Mojave Courier

Let's Drop the Beat!

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 3 weeks ago

In terms of longevity GTA V will/has outlived W_D2 considering there wasn't as big of a hype around it, however I believe it had a better city and more interactivity than Los Santos, especially with diverse NPC's.

atm I prefer W_D2 and I doubt i'd ever prefer V again, game has just become too bland for my tastes now.

one55
  • one55

Nigguh!

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 3 weeks ago

honestly WD2. it ruined GTA V for me. los santos is a huge and detailed map but it is lifeless.

HeySlickThatsMe
  • HeySlickThatsMe

Nathan Drake V Mod Dev

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 3 weeks ago Edited by HeySlickThatsMe, 3 weeks ago.

Hard question
WD2:
Pros:
-More detailed City

-"Somewhat" Better graphics

-City is more Realistic

-Parkour which is really awesome

-Better storyline (Imo)

-Better character than V protagonists (Imo)

-Story DLC's

-Seamless Co-op

-Clothing

-Amount of detail (Even NPC's are higher poly than GTA V)

-Wrench
Cons:
-Not that much Mods

-Bit bad in modding (And its hard to edit something , OpenDisrupt when?)

-Glitches here and there

-Not that much stuff to do after completing the game

-No multiplayer (except stuff like new races or deathmatch... which don't work on pc)

-No WD1 Minigames

-Few beta content
GTA V
Pros:
-City is also nice but... (see Cons)

-Modding
-Online (Great work from rockstar)

-Great detailing and Good physics (Not talking about ragdoll here)

-First Person

-Good amount of detail

-Optimisation

-Still can keep up with the newest game's

-Characters/Dialogues

Cons:

-City got a bit boring and i know the whole map (I can even play without Minimap turned on and i still know where to drive)

-The map sometimes has objects weirdly placed like wrong Signs

-Bad texture quality in few areas (256x256 sidewalk texture in few places... it looks lame in first person)

-GTA Online character textures are lower quality on PC than XB1 and PS4

-Online (Again - Chrome Maxed out Car kids with Sticky bombs)

-Online (Again - Script kiddies)

-Online (Again... - Modded characters)

-Online (Again! - Beta version was better IMO)

-Community (All these "Youtubers")

-Crap ton of Beta stuff

-^ Also boosting size of the game

-Worse storyline than IV

-Worse Sounds than previous GTA Games

-Downgrades (IV Ragdoll was better etc)

-No Story DLC's

-Trevor

Spoiler

Nelly2K
  • Nelly2K

Rat

• Members
  • European-Union

Posted 3 weeks ago

I believe it's Watch Dogs 2 we're talking about? Watch Dogs 2 is not on PS3.

The poll stated WD which was released 12 months after V on PS3. So I presumed really that's the comparison I think WD2 was 3 years later than V which is an unfair comparison me thinks....

ClaudeSpeed1911
  • ClaudeSpeed1911

J.E.C.

• Members
  • Palestine

Posted 3 weeks ago

One is a game that has a complete Single Player and more interactivity aswell as a much more alive and a more positive world. And the other has more realistic style and better vehicle mechanics.

I liked WD2 more because it felt more complete and less focused on online. GTA 5 would have been the better game had it had everything from online in single player and less "ranting" characters and more positivity rather than focusing on stereotyping America. Trust me everybody knows about America's culture and its fine if they have it but it shouldn't be so in your face and it should be like the older GTA's, story should be serious and free roam should be fun. Play Yakuza series or Yakuza 0 if anybody wants to get what I mean with the last part because that game nails what I want from an open world game.

• FATMANYOU2 likes this

MiamiViceCity
  • MiamiViceCity

The Unforgiven

• Australia
  • Most Obsessive Name Changer 2016 (My unofficial GTAF annual award)
    Biggest Fanboy 2013, 2014, 2015
    Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Member in the OGA 2012

Posted 3 weeks ago

Watch Dogs 2.

GTA V has the upper hand in some areas like customising for example, but for a complete package straight out of the box I liked Watch Dogs 2 more. As far as the story is concerned neither game really excel in that area IMO.

I've expressed countless times how I feel about GTA V's story, but Watch Dogs 2 didn't fully satisfy me either with an unnecessarily contrived, muddy plot and forgettable characters apart from Wrench. I'd say they're both equally as bad here.

I was impressed by how good Watch Dogs 2 looked especially compared to the first game and GTA V still looks good for an older game. Some of the details in GTA V look more realistic though.

Side activities goes to Watch Dogs 2. Simply they were more fun to me than the "meh" activities in GTA V.

At this point in time I'm probably more curious how Watch Dogs 3 will push that series than GTA VI if I'm honest. I'm more worried GTA VI wont take as much notice to fix GTA V's flaws as much as Watch Dogs 3 could with the previous two games.

• anthony, ClaudeSpeed1911 and The American Army 1775 like this

The7thOne
  • The7thOne

● ← Hole to another universe

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 3 weeks ago Edited by The7thOne, 3 weeks ago.

Watch Dogs 2. Everything feels much more alive, the map is more true to itself in terms of its real life counterpart, NPCs don't feel repetitive and the environments are heavily detailed. I only give GTA V the edge when you compare their countrysides - nothing can compare to Paleto Bay for me. But the differences between WD2's SF and GTA V's LS are very stark, and after playing WD2 I can't ever get the same feeling with LS, it's just too dead for me to enjoy it. Last-gen definitely killed V.

If you're trying to compare both of the game's stories than it's not a fair argument. Watch Dogs focuses heavily on hacking and operations whereas GTA is a crime/driving/heist game. Because WD2 focused on one protagonist compared to V's trio some might argue Marcus is more relatable, but I didn't get that feeling at all because of how the story doesn't account for the player's actions...if you go around killing everyone in sight, for example, Marcus is still looked at as the "nice noobie" to the team. His personality doesn't change at all regardless of your actions.

Some of the characters in WD2 I actually enjoy more than the cast in V but that's subjective - WD2 had some shoddy writing in some places, but so did V. However I think WD2 has more likable characters than the main cast in V. I can only think of a few characters I actually like in V... In WD2 I found myself generally liking everyone. Heck, I even enjoyed when DuSan was on screen. At least WD2 tried to focus on a single antagonist, rather than V which tried to juggle too many characters at once, clouding the story. WD2 sometimes has an identity crisis, but you know who the big-bad is for a majority of the game. In V this is never clear. WD2's ending seemed a bit rushed for me though.

One thing is certain; V has the better PC port.

• ClaudeSpeed1911 and GrizzJack like this

-Voron-
  • -Voron-

JUST YOUR FRIEND LJT TELLING YOU MOTHERf*ckECKOCEKR

• Members
  • Russia

Posted 3 weeks ago

theres nothing in this world as rushed as the ending of gta v

Gettin up
  • Gettin up

Peon

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 2 weeks ago

GTA V of course.

Cheatz_N_Trickz
  • Cheatz_N_Trickz

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 2 weeks ago Edited by Cheatz_N_Trickz, 2 weeks ago.

All i know is that I was shaking my head in disappointment many, many times during GTA V, while I didn't at all with WD2. Different expectations I suppose. WD2 definitely succeeded GTA V in what it intended to do (it did its hacking theme to a much better quality and coherency than V did the heist theme).
  • MiamiViceCity likes this

GTAUrbanCamping
  • GTAUrbanCamping

Urban Camper

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 2 weeks ago

GTA. I prefer free roam, pretending Im an over the road truck driver or a hippie in an RV. I entertain myself.

Official General
  • Official General

I'm from Broker, LC, we always carry heat around here.

• Members
  • None

Posted 2 weeks ago

Played an hour of Watch Dogs (the first one) and I didn't like it at all. Didn't bother with the WD series after that, so I'd say GTA V.

And I'm not really interested in hacking activities either.

Nelly2K
  • Nelly2K

Rat

• Members
  • European-Union

Posted 2 weeks ago

Played an hour of Watch Dogs (the first one) and I didn't like it at all. Didn't bother with the WD series after that, so I'd say GTA V.

I had the exact same experience, literally an hour of gameplay and I was totally bored.

• Official General likes this

Psycho18
  • Psycho18

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 2 weeks ago

For my personal opinion, I like Watch Dogs 1 more than GTA5. For me, Watch Dogs 1 has more pros than cons, and GTA5 had more cons than pros. 

Watch Dogs 1: PS4 (never played on PS3)

Pros

- more enter interiors

-  Single Player/Story DLC

- Dark and entertaining story (I like it).

- More fun side jobs/ mini games

- The world (City of Chicago) was alive, and AI/NPC reactions was great. 

- Great Graphics. 

- The story was the Main focus and online on the side. 

Cons:Watch Dogs 1

-Main Character was boring

- Music was not that good. 

GTA5: 

Pros:

- Great Graphics

- Music was better

- Characters was great and funny

- Weapons and Vehicles was better

Cons: 

- Online was the main focus ( updated regularly)

- Story was on the side (wasn't updated). 

- Story was OK (Lapdog for the government and CO-OP heists)

- The world was boring and empty, and the AI/NPC did not react as much than WD. 

- Less enterable interiors.

- No story/single player DLC

- Main characters should  have more side jobs according to their personalty. Michael (real- estate, movie studio, gambling, wildlife /hunting, and small robbing jobs), Trevor (drug, booze, human organ, medical supplies trades etc.), and Franklin (gang banging, hustling, and taking over Simeon's car dealership to do repo jobs and steal and sell vehicles). 

• anthony, Payne Killer, GrizzJack and 1 other like this

Wu-Tang Forever
  • Wu-Tang Forever

Everybody lies. No exceptions.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 2 weeks ago

Hmm, this is actually kind of tough, especially since I still haven't beat WD2 (blame Resident Evil and me getting a PS4 :p). GTA V does have that Rockstar polish, a slightly better storyline (for all its flaws), and a vastly better and bigger soundtrack. However, WD2 has a LOT more stuff you can do (say what you will about the Ubisoft open world formula, but at least it offers up a ton of content), a better designed map, more likable characters, a better sense of humor (or at least, I prefer this game's sense of humor to GTA V's angry and ranting satire), more open-ended missions, and in general I've had more fun with WD2 than GTA V.

So overall, I'd pick WD2 as a complete package, but GTA V isn't tailing that far behind in my book.

• anthony likes this

Good Hombre
  • Good Hombre

Orale holmes

• Members
  • Mexico

Posted 2 weeks ago Edited by Good Hombre, 2 weeks ago.

GTA V for sure. WD2's story is even worse than V's, a group of young people fighting capitalist pigs while they wear fancy clothes, use the best gadgets and go to expensive parties, I just can't buy it.

• The American Army 1775 and MuralDeciphered like this

Yinepi
  • Yinepi

Wepwawet Wannabe

• Members
  • Egypt

Posted 2 weeks ago Edited by Yinepi, 2 weeks ago.

I do not really care for the hacking concept and corrupt AI system theme and mechanics of WD series. They seem uninspired to me, and the San Francisco city is one of my least favourite American cities, and I already got enough of it when playing Driver SF - another Ubisoft game.

While I do not like GTAV's shove America in your face attitude, I do like the environmental detail and atmosphere of of it's setting more. Can't say I like the driving physics of either. They're both awful. All this time and still developers can not learn anything from Mafia 2 and Gran Turismo?

The American Army 1775
  • The American Army 1775

The Protectors

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 2 weeks ago

You played the first one, not the second one.
I've played WD2 on PS4 and it's better than GTA V.
They've made SFO like 80-/- of SFO. The main city in GTA V is too small.
Marcus was not as good as Aiden Pearce, but still OK. Get it man. You'll love it.

Ryhan'ZFX
  • Ryhan'ZFX

Player Hater

• Members
  • Indonesia

Posted 2 weeks ago

GTA V  : WHY? -It's more favourable

-the dialouge was really-really super sarcastic and taranitino-style or hollywood-like script

-the weather....just.....damn....WOW! FKIN REALISTIC!

-the story is much more deeper and aren't just a drama-mellow sh*t

-and the last, its because my one-and-only games bestfriend

• The American Army 1775 likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users