Posted 11 April 2017 - 10:37 AM

During the mission "Cleaning the Hood", a pop-up message appears saying:

[On PC]

"When on foot, press G

to call Ryder back if to

your side if he gets

too involved in a

fight."

Has anyone actually done this? I remember first playing this mission and thinking that it might come in handy later if a big street fight occurs from all the cleaning of the hood I should be doing; no such things happens of course. All that happens is you beat up a drug dealer and make a wild dash to the den that's down the road and kill everyone inside.

As far as I know, there isn't any real reason to use that game mechanic (unless it works for recruited gang members, but I hadn't tested that. I played with cheats because I'm lazy :p ). So I wanted to know if anyone experienced any exceptional situation wherein Ryder actually got too involved in a fight and you had to call him back.

lil weasel
  • lil weasel

Shoot Looters, Hang Pirates!

• GTA Series Staff
  • United-States
  • Contribution Award [San Andreas]

Posted 11 April 2017 - 12:26 PM Edited by lil weasel, 11 April 2017 - 12:29 PM.

I've never used it. Even when I did have a following.
It did not take long to find "gangs" near useless for real game play. Even when homies were forced on Carl I ignored them And when Sweet was partnered with Carl I abandoned him as far away as possible.
When helping Casear I loaded the two needed members I selected that at Union Station, and never needed to call them to rally.

SMACKED!
  • SMACKED!

I'm done. It's over.

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 April 2017 - 02:36 PM

Yes, did it randomly few times.

Example: If you tell a homie to kill a Balla (by aiming on him and firing) he'll go straight to take out that Balla but if you press either G or H he'll stop the attacking.

The_Human
  • The_Human

The Eye

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 13 April 2017 - 02:43 PM

If I remember correctly, I used that once to call Ryder because I didn't notice/have Sweet's car so I had to walk to the destination, this made me to use that rather 'useless' mechanism. And I use that mechanism when I call some homies but I rarely call them during these days.

Toreno6901
  • Toreno6901

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 15 April 2017 - 04:14 AM Edited by Toreno6901, 15 April 2017 - 04:14 AM.

If I remember correctly, I used that once to call Ryder because I didn't notice/have Sweet's car so I had to walk to the destination, this made me to use that rather 'useless' mechanism. And I use that mechanism when I call some homies but I rarely call them during these days.

Ryder missions? Calling Ryder is like LJT callin' u sayin' Disrupt the Cops,
while the cops are bangin' ur door! Useless Ryder call.

The_Human
  • The_Human

The Eye

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 15 April 2017 - 08:55 AM

Ryder missions? Calling Ryder is like LJT callin' u sayin' Disrupt the Cops,
while the cops are bangin' ur door! Useless Ryder call.

Oh God, please use a translator while writing something here, no one can understand what you're speaking. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users