The merging of Rockstar Games, with No Man's Sky

12 replies to this topic
Chessmassacre
  • Chessmassacre

Player Hater

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 10 April 2017 - 07:53 PM

Now it's clear that the majority of us think that GTA 5 is about the most perfect game, and not many other games even come close to the open world options that GTA 5 offers. That said, I... like many other online players, had very high hopes for NMS (No Mans Sky), in that it was an open "universe" game. Partially because we were duped into believing that it was the next level in open world-ness.

Would it not be an excellent idea for the creators of NMS to get Rockstar Games involved in turning the Open Universe idea into a reality? I mean, a "working" reality that would be worth the hype? Like GTA 5 in the sky?

What does everyone think about the idea, and should the online community push for this?

Everyone would benefit from the Masters of the Open World (Rockstar Games) putting the magic touches to NMS..or even revamping it into something more than a rock/flower hunting simulator. The idea of NMS is great, but it needs a Masters touch,

What does everyone think?

deadx23
  • deadx23

Big Homie

• Members
  • United-States
  • Next DLC Thread Page 3000 Winner

Posted 10 April 2017 - 08:02 PM Edited by deadx23, 10 April 2017 - 08:31 PM.

I think star citizen will be superior than any other known entity

E: having said that it would be awesome to have a planet size planet with just GTA cities and locations
  • anthony and Chessmassacre like this

flexcreator
  • flexcreator

Prankster

• Members
  • Russia

Posted 10 April 2017 - 08:20 PM

> the majority of us think that GTA 5 is about the most perfect game,

I don't think so. The GTA is good enough, but it's far from perfect.

> Would it not be an excellent idea for the creators of NMS to get Rockstar Games involved in turning the Open Universe idea into a reality?

It's not that easy. The software engineering doesn't work that way. Every game studio usually works within their own genre, and the transition is usually a slow process.

DICE is good at first person shooters, Bethesda makes the same RPG over and over for years. Blizzard is the jack of all trades, but it's a rare exception.

1) Rockstar have NO experience in making cosmo sims.

2) Rockstar never relied on procedural generation in such a huge scale. It's a risky move for them as a company.

3) Jet physics sucks in GTA. It's the game weakness. Rockstar at this point won't be able to make even a proper flight simulator - they have no experience in this.

4) Besides, merging itself is a flawed process. Adding more people just adds to a mess. "Nine women can't make a baby in one month" - same goes with software. There is no reason for Rockstar to merge with anyone. If they decide to do something, they will do it themselves.

Nothing good will happen.

I suggest to just wait for "Star Citizen"

• Darth Absentis, 4N0M4LY, Professional Amateur and 1 other like this

SoDank_ItPainsMe
  • SoDank_ItPainsMe

I found a use for the safe

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 April 2017 - 08:29 PM

No, because sean murray is the type of nigga to release gta 6 with only half of the vehicles drivable and cardboard npcs that turn when you pass them.

Nacho Z
  • Nacho Z

Boss

• Members
  • England

Posted 10 April 2017 - 08:35 PM

NMS needs work but Rockstar would be a horrible match. Don't see any connection other than them being open world.

Chessmassacre
  • Chessmassacre

Player Hater

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 10 April 2017 - 08:38 PM

I think star citizen will be superior than any other known entity
E: having said that it would be awesome to have a planet size planet with just GTA cities and locations

Start Citizen would be awesome, but they're not on PS4 are they? I was thinking someone who knew the PS4 platform well. Great idea though. That would be awesome if they had anhand in this.

Darth Absentis
  • Darth Absentis

Probably not your father

• Members
  • Belgium

Posted 10 April 2017 - 08:47 PM

> Would it not be an excellent idea for the creators of NMS to get Rockstar Games involved in turning the Open Universe idea into a reality?

It's not that easy. The software engineering doesn't work that way. Every game studio usually works within their own genre, and the transition is usually a slow process.

DICE is good at first person shooters, Bethesda makes the same RPG over and over for years. Blizzard is the jack of all trades, but it's a rare exception.

2) Rockstar never relied on procedural generation in such a huge scale. It's a risky move for them as a company.

3) Jet physics sucks in GTA. It's the game weakness. Rockstar at this point won't be able to make even a proper flight simulator - they have no experience in this.

4) Besides, merging itself is a flawed process. Adding more people just adds to a mess. "Nine women can't make a baby in one month" - same goes with software. There is no reason for Rockstar to merge with anyone. If they decide to do something, they will do it themselves.

Pretty much what this guy said....though the idea sounds awsome, i rather simply see a game developer straightout compete with gtao so rockstar might consider upping up the quality

Chessmassacre
  • Chessmassacre

Player Hater

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 10 April 2017 - 08:51 PM Edited by Chessmassacre, 10 April 2017 - 08:58 PM.

Pretty much what this guy said....though the idea sounds awsome, i rather simply see a game developer straightout compete with gtao so rockstar might consider upping up the quality
I get that all of this is true, but I was speaking more of a "helping hand" not a complete takeover. You have to admit that RS Games, has a great deal of diversity, and is much more comprehensive in scope, than NMS. 9 women can't make a baby in one month...but 9 women could certainly support the one that is pregnant, to make things much more of a pleasant experience for her.

D9fred95
  • D9fred95

10 Franklings out of 10

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 10 April 2017 - 09:36 PM

- GTA Online is a flawed mess.

- NMS was a flawed mess.

- Combined, they will be a flawed mess.
  • Maibatsu545 likes this

AndreasDuke
  • AndreasDuke

Tell me your story

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 10 April 2017 - 10:40 PM

I don't think Rockstar should get with anyone because I wouldn't want the other developer to impact Rockstar. Not everything Rockstar do is perfect but their attention to the little details in their open world games draws me in like no other open world developer. I'm talking about things like the crackle of the radio before you get contacted on your phone in GTAIV or the huge amount of dialogue from random NPC characters in GTAV. I'd love to see Rockstar hold classes for other open world developers on the little things that improve the big games.
  • Daedalheidis likes this

Chessmassacre
  • Chessmassacre

Player Hater

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 20 April 2017 - 01:03 AM

I don't think Rockstar should get with anyone because I wouldn't want the other developer to impact Rockstar. Not everything Rockstar do is perfect but their attention to the little details in their open world games draws me in like no other open world developer. I'm talking about things like the crackle of the radio before you get contacted on your phone in GTAIV or the huge amount of dialogue from random NPC characters in GTAV. I'd love to see Rockstar hold classes for other open world developers on the little things that improve the big games.

I can agree with that.

DOUGL4S1
  • DOUGL4S1

Foot Soldier

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 25 April 2017 - 01:09 PM Edited by DOUGL4S1, 25 April 2017 - 01:11 PM.

I think Mojang would be a better match to No Man's Sky. They are used with procedural generation on a giant scale (Minecraft), so they would probably make something good out of it. Abandoned cities on planets or some sort or remains of inteligent life forms on the planets would be very welcome, like Villages and temples in Minecraft. Also, Mojang Microsoft keeps Minecraft updated and is always adding new things, some people love it, some people hate it. I'm starting to hate it, but that's not my point.

Making a partnership with Rockstar and the team of NMS (forgot their name) because they both make open-world games would be the same as NASA making a partnership with Cessna because they both make things that can fly.

Maibatsu545
  • Maibatsu545

veritas vos liberabit

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 28 April 2017 - 02:06 AM

I'd say it's a match made in heaven. Both R* and Hello Games have an amazing talent for realeasing trailers for their games that make them look 50x more alive and exciting than they really are. They'd be two peas in a pod.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users