Quantcast

» «
Photo

GTA IV Online Not Working After Downgrade!

2 replies to this topic
nicktrick92
  • nicktrick92

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 April 2017 - 04:45 PM

Hey guys,

So I'm having a bit of an issue. Due to the fact that I am in a GTA IV policing community, I had to downgrade my game back to 1.0.7.0 in order to use scripthook and such. When I did that though (After reinstalling the game), I now cannot login to RGSC at all, presumably because they ended the GTA IV service of RGSC. So, thinking it would be okay, I play offline and then find the message "Must be connected to social club in order to play online!" message when I try to join a LIVE game. If I remember in the past, you could disable paull.dd, but I, and others, would have to always log into RGSC at least once before disabling it. If anybody has a solution or has a suggestion, that would be much appreciated. I love playing GTA IV with friends (Despite it being so old) and I'm kinda pissed Rockstar updated it! Anyways, here's what I have tried:

1. Reinstall game and downgrade to 1.7, launch game, play offline - FAIL

2. Delete/Rename paul.dll - FAIL

3. Install the razon1911 crack (Heard it works?) - FAIL

Thanks for the help,

~Nick M.

StormBreaker
  • StormBreaker

Rockstar Hater

• Members
  • India

Posted 11 April 2017 - 02:05 AM

Me too. I don't know if you can play online on 1.0.7.0 or if u need patch8 to play online. You can try downloading the paul.dll file of patch 8 and replace the patch 7 one

nicktrick92
  • nicktrick92

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 April 2017 - 04:31 PM

Me too. I don't know if you can play online on 1.0.7.0 or if u need patch8 to play online. You can try downloading the paul.dll file of patch 8 and replace the patch 7 one

Well then, I fixed it... I thought I had tried this like 9 times already, but just downgrade to 1.0.7.0 (Keep it completely clean) and then download this (https://drive.google...ndjSDhFQ1k/view) and simply drag ONLY the paul.dll to the GTA IV main directory and then restart the game... Just like that, it will use the new paull.dll and not require you to login to Social Club to play online! Credit to B Dawg for the solution!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users