Photo

PSA - PC Players - Risk of fraud, rank & outfit manipulation

1,703 replies to this topic
Gaffa™
  • Gaffa™

Gangsta

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 2 days ago Edited by Gaffa™, 2 days ago.

Just out of curiosity, because of the title, has anyone had their outfit manipulated? Not seen that mentioned.

Or do they mean traffic cones on heads, that sort of thing?

Nope. I did randomly have all my outfits removed from within a session that I knew I had them (could browse through them and wear them), but after restarting the game they were back. I guess the outfit manipulation stuff has stayed away and really that part of the thread's title should be "cash" manipulation. 

#teammenyoo lolz
XNLRaxq.png

Does anyone find it vaguely amusing how they're starting to sound like R* breaking the news of a delayed launch with "we apologise for the inconvenience and thank you for your patience"?

It's more funny of course that the authors and their users are getting a long overdue kicking.

The sad thing is, other menu users seem to be fine, when it's not Menyoo or Authority that are causing the issues and thus the point of this thread. The other menus with those malicious and harmful options are still operational, and the people who have those problematic menus are still trolling at full-throttle. I was teleported twice last night in two separate sessions along with the rest of the lobby - a function that neither Menyoo nor Authority have. 

I guess it's easy to target the people with the largest community considering they have over 18,000 members, who have access to these two menus and over 60,000 people on their site. 

So really RSG are spending their efforts addressing the people who aren't the ones making the game unplayable, which makes no sense... Why wouldn't the game's staff go out and research these menus or gain access to them to see a) how they're being used and b) where the issues stem from? 

Anyway, we'll have to see what Gunrunning has in store. 

• Gridl0k and Hécate-II like this

Fun De Panda
  • Fun De Panda

Big Homie

• Members
  • None
  • Most Knowledgable [GTA] 2015
    Most Helpful Member 2015
    Coolest Member 2015

Posted 2 days ago

They stopped updating the Background script, they did update it few days ago but only to hotfix Dupe glitches.

They do this whenever a new update/patch is coming.

• RetroStyle likes this

arielmansur
  • arielmansur

Square Civilian

• Members
  • Argentina

Posted A day ago

Update, one of my friends got his money removed, as expected, but not the things he bought with it, the other friend still has the money. No ban.

They stopped updating the Background script, they did update it few days ago but only to hotfix Dupe glitches.

Man who are you and how do you know so many things about the development of the game? i mean no disrespect.

Quinn_flower
  • Quinn_flower

S.T.A.R.S Unit/The Dear R* Girl

• Members
  • Japan

Posted A day ago

Update, one of my friends got his money removed, as expected, but not the things he bought with it, the other friend still has the money. No ban.

Man who are you and how do you know so many things about the development of the game? i mean no disrespect.

he is funmw2 thats allyou need to know.

• Darth Absentis, DentureDynamite, guster-von and 2 others like this

Jimbatron
  • Jimbatron

Ghetto Star

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted A day ago Edited by Jimbatron, A day ago.

The sad thing is, other menu users seem to be fine, when it's not Menyoo or Authority that are causing the issues and thus the point of this thread. The other menus with those malicious and harmful options are still operational, and the people who have those problematic menus are still trolling at full-throttle. I was teleported twice last night in two separate sessions along with the rest of the lobby - a function that neither Menyoo nor Authority have. 
I guess it's easy to target the people with the largest community considering they have over 18,000 members, who have access to these two menus and over 60,000 people on their site. 

So really RSG are spending their efforts addressing the people who aren't the ones making the game unplayable, which makes no sense... Why wouldn't the game's staff go out and research these menus or gain access to them to see a) how they're being used and b) where the issues stem from? 

Yes I'd agree it does outwardly appear like they've gone after the petty thieves when there's a serial killer on the loose.

Still it's good to see other menus get shut down even if they are not as bad - I'm not familiar with the specifics but I'd imagine these are more standard things like God mode etc. I'd still rather they get hit than not at all, even if they ought to be doing something about the force mob. Like you say, hopefully gun running will be more comprehensive.

18k users is a worrying stat though - that's a hell of a lot of cheaters.

Prince_Polaris
  • Prince_Polaris

Where did I park my Tornado?

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A day ago

I was teleported twice last night in two separate sessions along with the rest of the lobby - a function that neither Menyoo nor Authority have. 

My friend bought Menyoo and he was able to teleport us around though...   As far as I know, he didn't do anything harmful with it, but he got banned.  He told me that he got the good player bonus twice, and then a permaban, but I haven;t seen a picture proving such so who knows.

• hei3enberg likes this

gglenn1966
  • gglenn1966

Mark Chump

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A day ago

But Menyoo and Auth do have the stealth money and remote money features, and that is what R* is primarily concerned about.  Cheats to cause general havoc do not seem to register as a potential loss of revenue to them.

• Gaffa™ and HardBassAdidas like this

lost-in-emotions
  • lost-in-emotions

Alice Liddell

• Members
  • Germany

Posted A day ago

Update, one of my friends got his money removed, as expected, but not the things he bought with it, the other friend still has the money. No ban

you know under wich circumstances he got the money?

hei3enberg
  • hei3enberg

old timer

• Members
  • Germany

Posted A day ago Edited by hei3enberg, A day ago.

Those who purchased counterfeit cash and rank are going strong for years. I personally know some of the people who modded their PC account and they never were banned despite all the updates. I'm curious, because back then I was a believer in an imminent ban for that, but now I'm completely skeptical: seeing these guys playing with me 2-3 times a week is a pretty solid proof that R* can be deceived by paid service providers who offer account mods.

• DentureDynamite likes this

flexcreator
  • flexcreator

Mark Chump

• Members
  • Russia

Posted A day ago

^ Maybe they done it in the "good old days", when no one was detected.

Some of the paid service providers are using the same mods now

• hei3enberg likes this

Gaffa™
  • Gaffa™

Gangsta

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted A day ago

I was teleported twice last night in two separate sessions along with the rest of the lobby - a function that neither Menyoo nor Authority have. 

My friend bought Menyoo and he was able to teleport us around though...   As far as I know, he didn't do anything harmful with it, but he got banned.  He told me that he got the good player bonus twice, and then a permaban, but I haven;t seen a picture proving such so who knows.

Oh right, but there isn't an option to teleport the whole lobby, but it does make me laugh that the good player bonus is literally given to every single player when that time lapses, no matter what their stats. That's kind of crazy too - considering how much RSG care about their money. 

But Menyoo and Auth do have the stealth money and remote money features, and that is what R* is primarily concerned about.  Cheats to cause general havoc do not seem to register as a potential loss of revenue to them.

Yeah, more nonsense tactics, especially when these cheats have been available for two years now - Rockstar Games could've used some of the money they've made that they're so obsessed with to ensure the PC gaming experience was smooth, but after all this time they haven't. I guess the conversations kind of go like this...
- "Hey, we can prevent legit players being f*cked over in sessions",
- "Is this going to make us any more money?", 
- "Nah, we need to prevent anyone cheating money in first",
- "Yeah those legit players will just have to deal with it".  

• DentureDynamite likes this

arielmansur
  • arielmansur

Square Civilian

• Members
  • Argentina

Posted A day ago

Update, one of my friends got his money removed, as expected, but not the things he bought with it, the other friend still has the money. No ban

Of course i know.. bags on his head.

--V--
  • --V--

;)

• Members
  • None

Posted A day ago

If they figure out how to increase or speed up the SecuroServ periodic pays for associates, we're all getting f*cked.

Prince_Polaris
  • Prince_Polaris

Where did I park my Tornado?

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A day ago

Oh right, but there isn't an option to teleport the whole lobby, but it does make me laugh that the good player bonus is literally given to every single player when that time lapses, no matter what their stats. That's kind of crazy too - considering how much RSG care about their money. 

Yep.  Imagine being banned over four f*cking thousand dollars in a game where four million can be blown in a few seconds.

lost-in-emotions
  • lost-in-emotions

Alice Liddell

• Members
  • Germany

Posted A day ago

Ok, and do you know how much it was?

because i think r* / anti-cheat-engine sees a difference in money bags and the CEO / job donations injections.

the money bags seems to easier to find, and the injections are hidden for the system because its a "legal" theory.

Bernie
  • Bernie

Player Hater

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 hours ago

I wouldn't care too much about the money.

What happened here is that the ingame economy is completely destroyed. Btw, this does not only effect PC and oldgen, the newgens are also indirectly affected. Money (and stats etc) are  worth nothing right now. (why grind money if there are other ways some people use)

Even if R* will somehow get the cheating fixed, they will most likely not get all the bank accounts right. That's their biggest problem right now: all players/all platforms lose trust in the currency, so they have to reform the currency as well, which means a cut and putting all to x$.

Well, this is again why I don't understand the Force makers, they go so deep that the whole online game gets down - and kills their own business...

Btw, does the mod menus have an option to be unvunerable to injections? (not sure if I read that somewhere)

flexcreator
  • flexcreator

Mark Chump

• Members
  • Russia

Posted 19 hours ago

What happened here is that the ingame economy is completely destroyed. Btw, this does not only effect PC and oldgen, the newgens are also indirectly affected. Money (and stats etc) are  worth nothing right now. (why grind money if there are other ways some people use)

.... That's their biggest problem right now: all players/all platforms lose trust in the currency

The economy and any trust in ranks was completely destroyed back in 2015. There were always moneybag rains on PC.

From what I see - no one cares about that, people get used to it. And no player will ever stop playing the game because of that.

The so called "economy" in GTA only exist to unlock the game content, there are no player-to-player transactions.

Why grind money? 

1) To actually play the game and take a challenge.

2) To avoid being banned. Every single crewmate or friend that I know was cheating got banned in the end.

Personally, I would care about the money and wouldn't care about the "economy".

• hei3enberg likes this

arielmansur
  • arielmansur

Square Civilian

• Members
  • Argentina

Posted 9 hours ago Edited by arielmansur, 9 hours ago.

Ok, and do you know how much it was?

because i think r* / anti-cheat-engine sees a difference in money bags and the CEO / job donations injections.

the money bags seems to easier to find, and the injections are hidden for the system because its a "legal" theory.

Yes.. like 80 millions for each of my friends.

One bought things for 60m and then rockstar removed the last 20m and the other bought things for 40m and still has 40m.

lost-in-emotions
  • lost-in-emotions

Alice Liddell

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 9 hours ago

woah, massive.

but it doesnt make anything better, no.. WORSE...

i cant see an logic in this sweeping (and no banning).

we are all doooooomed -_-

Black-Dragon96
  • Black-Dragon96

Bounty Hunter

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 7 hours ago

Well he did not ask for the money, so they cant bann him for that.
Why he did not get banned after spending the money? No idea! Maybe Rockstars sh*tty automated system f*cked up.

Gaffa™
  • Gaffa™

Gangsta

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 5 hours ago

Why he did not get banned after spending the money? No idea! Maybe Rockstars sh*tty automated system f*cked up.

Well I've been trying to quash that rumour for a long time but everyone seems to think that's what happens. 

You could be months before you get your money corrected - does that mean months of not being able to buy anything in the game? Come 'on, use some common sense. 

Black-Dragon96
  • Black-Dragon96

Bounty Hunter

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 5 hours ago

Well I've been trying to quash that rumour for a long time but everyone seems to think that's what happens. 

You could be months before you get your money corrected - does that mean months of not being able to buy anything in the game? Come 'on, use some common sense. 

Nah mate, you missunderstood me.
You can spend legit money while you have modded money in your account.
An example that the support agent gave me: You have 3 Million legit and get 1 Million modded money into you account. "You can freely spend your legit 3 Million but if you spend 3 000 001 $ things CAN (not necessarily will) go bad for you. You can also spend all money that you legitly earn after you recived the modded money. Basicly if you keep you bankbalance above the amount of modded money that you recived everything is fine."

Thats how it works according to Rockstar Support. But we all know that automated systems sometimes do not work properly and thats why eome people get innocently banned or people who cheated dont get banned.

Gaffa™
  • Gaffa™

Gangsta

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 4 hours ago

Well I pay no attention whatsoever to Rockstar Support as the actual help and "support" I've had myself, as well as others have gotten, has been appalling. Sometimes they're not even equipped with the most up-to-date information from Rockstar North either, so you can't really take their word as gospel. 

That's why experience is usually a good thing and I can tell you with certainty after looking at a over 50 accounts in the last year or so, that you can spend all the modded money you want and nothing's going to happen. 

• hei3enberg and Darth Absentis like this

Black-Dragon96
  • Black-Dragon96

Bounty Hunter

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 3 hours ago

^ 50 Accounts is nothing compared to the amount of people who spend modded money.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users