PSA - PC Players - Risk of fraud, rank & outfit manipulation

3,648 replies to this topic
kenmy13999
  • kenmy13999

Gangsta

• Members
  • Norway

Posted 12 January 2018 - 02:17 PM

Jeez, all you poor PC players... Hopefully, console never has this occur. 

soon..well ps4 is hacked already.
Do you have any proof of that? See people saying this all the time but never any proof of it

Gaffa
  • Gaffa

⭐ S W A G G E R ⭐

• Members
  • United-Kingdom
  • Helpfulness [GTAO]
    Next DLC Thread Page 4000 Winner

Posted 12 January 2018 - 02:41 PM

Do you have any proof of that? See people saying this all the time but never any proof of it

This is all I've seen to be fair, but concerning enough. 

http://gtaforums.com...entry1070025556

kenmy13999
  • kenmy13999

Gangsta

• Members
  • Norway

Posted 12 January 2018 - 03:43 PM Edited by kenmy13999, 12 January 2018 - 03:56 PM.

Yh that seems a little suspicious actually, I still have my doubts tho. Another thing is that I see it highly unlikely that this wouldn't be widely known if someone managed to jailbreak the ps4, so many people trying these years so the people doing it would most likely make it known to get the 'fame'. Also saw some comments on Twitter that said they followed some forum I think is dedicated to that kind of things and it wasn't known there either.

My assumptions my very well be wrong also but time will tell, if I'm wrong I really hope Sony have something they can do about it. Don't know how this works but they should be able to update the software so it no longer work but if people already have jailbroken the ps4 they probably have a workaround after short time anyway..

Edit: probably just me trying to hold on to the hope that this wouldn't happen..

Nerfgoth
  • Nerfgoth

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 12 January 2018 - 07:50 PM

Yh that seems a little suspicious actually, I still have my doubts tho. Another thing is that I see it highly unlikely that this wouldn't be widely known if someone managed to jailbreak the ps4, so many people trying these years so the people doing it would most likely make it known to get the 'fame'. Also saw some comments on Twitter that said they followed some forum I think is dedicated to that kind of things and it wasn't known there either.

My assumptions my very well be wrong also but time will tell, if I'm wrong I really hope Sony have something they can do about it. Don't know how this works but they should be able to update the software so it no longer work but if people already have jailbroken the ps4 they probably have a workaround after short time anyway..

Edit: probably just me trying to hold on to the hope that this wouldn't happen..

An old version of ps4 operating program has been jail breaked! But there is some developers ps4 out there you can get your hands on!

kenmy13999
  • kenmy13999

Gangsta

• Members
  • Norway

Posted 12 January 2018 - 08:17 PM Edited by kenmy13999, 12 January 2018 - 08:23 PM.

Spoiler
The old version couldn't be used online so that's not directly a problem imo.
Developers ps4, can that be used to make mod menus in gta?

Nerfgoth
  • Nerfgoth

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 13 January 2018 - 01:30 AM

Spoiler

Any game! You can connect it to a pc and transfer files back and forth. Write programs, test them out if they run and so forth! Hard to come by and you need a active licence from sony to use it!

kenmy13999
  • kenmy13999

Gangsta

• Members
  • Norway

Posted 13 January 2018 - 09:34 AM

Spoiler
Any game! You can connect it to a pc and transfer files back and forth. Write programs, test them out if they run and so forth! Hard to come by and you need a active licence from sony to use it!
So with other words it seems unlikely that someone with access to that uses it to shoot money bags from a minigun in gta online? At least it does to me when you need a license and stuff, don't think that anyone can just get/pay for a license without proving that they should have it?

Nerfgoth
  • Nerfgoth

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 13 January 2018 - 02:27 PM

Spoiler
So with other words it seems unlikely that someone with access to that uses it to shoot money bags from a minigun in gta online? At least it does to me when you need a license and stuff, don't think that anyone can just get/pay for a license without proving that they should have it?

Correct, but there is a slim chance to get hold of one with a working license! If a developer goes under and their stuff get sold off you can get hold of one!
  • kenmy13999 likes this

Nerfgoth
  • Nerfgoth

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 17 January 2018 - 12:02 AM

https://m.youtube.co...h?v=lzwxyzksaRc

A video i found out if mod find this in the wrong tread plz move it to where it belongs!

Any1 got more info?

fatdog
  • fatdog

Mark Chump

• Members
  • Zimbabwe

Posted 17 January 2018 - 04:23 AM

Any1 got more info?

Read top comments.

lost-in-emotions
  • lost-in-emotions

Alice Liddell

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 17 January 2018 - 07:54 AM

^ so the PS4 Hack is true?

fatdog
  • fatdog

Mark Chump

• Members
  • Zimbabwe

Posted 17 January 2018 - 08:23 AM

Nah, it's a clickbait bullsh*t, read the top comment which explains why.

• lost-in-emotions likes this

DentureDynamite
  • DentureDynamite

GTAO PC

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 January 2018 - 06:19 PM Edited by DentureDynamite, 17 January 2018 - 06:34 PM.

And to those looking forward to RDR2 don't be surprised if you get rhino tanks & opressors being spawned in the online version because chances are R* will just copy & paste the engine & leave a few GTA V assets in the game XD

RDR2 is already confirmed to come to pc?

If memory serves correctly, R* F----- had one line that hinted of it; he basically said R* was planning a PC release one year after the console versions came out (same as GTA 5/Online). But there are other hints (FWIW):

https://www.express....ews-PC-version\

https://www.rdr2.com...on-2-pc-denuvo/

OK, back to the cheaters.

• eshenk likes this

Nerfgoth
  • Nerfgoth

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 18 January 2018 - 01:17 AM

Nah, it's a clickbait bullsh*t, read the top comment which explains why.

Should have checked better!

DentureDynamite
  • DentureDynamite

GTAO PC

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 18 January 2018 - 03:44 AM Edited by DentureDynamite, 18 January 2018 - 03:45 AM.

Just out of pure curiosity, has anyone run into a cheater spawning Skylifts into a session?

Or have they somehow been locked out from access even to mod menus? Just curious, as I haven't seen any Skylifts since the early days (March 2014)?

I'm assuming the glitch that was used to spawn them into the game via the Deathmatch Creator (above video link) was quickly patched by R*?

That was one fine chopper...

• eshenk and Hécate-II like this

Gaffa
  • Gaffa

⭐ S W A G G E R ⭐

• Members
  • United-Kingdom
  • Helpfulness [GTAO]

Posted 18 January 2018 - 04:05 AM

Quite a few menus seem to be detected as of now and people being hit with bans... from a credible source. Wouldn't be surprised if it's only a matter of time (hours / days) before they're back up. 

• hei3enberg and DentureDynamite like this

DentureDynamite
  • DentureDynamite

GTAO PC

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 18 January 2018 - 03:16 PM

^^ Yeah, things seemed a little too quiet last night, until I ran into two (visible) cheaters in the space of 40 minutes (and only a handful of sessions).

One was just goofing around, the other was throwing players into cages.

SHOKKERZ91
  • SHOKKERZ91

Fly low for the killing blow!

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 18 January 2018 - 08:08 PM

Today a cheater altered the weapons of all players in the lobby. He added some delayed explosions to our guns. You shot a bullet and a second later, there was a small explosion. First time i encountered this.

• DentureDynamite likes this

fatdog
  • fatdog

Mark Chump

• Members
  • Zimbabwe

Posted 18 January 2018 - 10:21 PM

Quite a few menus seem to be detected as of now and people being hit with bans... from a credible source. Wouldn't be surprised if it's only a matter of time (hours / days) before they're back up. 

Last week few menus got detected, at least one is still down, or you talking of more recent event?

Gaffa
  • Gaffa

⭐ S W A G G E R ⭐

• Members
  • United-Kingdom
  • Helpfulness [GTAO]

Posted 18 January 2018 - 11:58 PM

Last week few menus got detected, at least one is still down, or you talking of more recent event?

Yeah I'd meant within 24 hours or so of that post being made. 

• fatdog likes this

Ai®aCob®a
  • Ai®aCob®a

Ban Roulette Winner 2017

• Victim of The Pit™
  • Solomon-Islands
  • Ban Roulette Winner 2017

Posted 19 January 2018 - 01:01 AM

One was just goofing around

Those are the kind of modders I don't mind really, The kind who are just minding their own business and just having fun and keeping to themselves and not ruining anybody elses game.

I've played with a few modders in lobbies before that were decent enough, They didn't force money onto people, They didn't wreak havoc in the lobbies just turned himself into a chimp and was riding a 10 speed down the road

lost-in-emotions
  • lost-in-emotions

Alice Liddell

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 19 January 2018 - 07:57 AM

startet yesterday AIR QUOTA, and in the waiting lobby, a big metal cage surrounded the teams.

not really fitting and badly placed, but proof enough for me to leave immediately

fatdog
  • fatdog

Mark Chump

• Members
  • Zimbabwe

Posted 20 January 2018 - 07:39 AM

FYI banhammer have hit another menu today.

• Jimbatron likes this

BlanketGrinder
  • BlanketGrinder

Mark Chump

• Members
  • Norway

Posted 23 January 2018 - 04:56 PM

Help. A friend got 300 mill in a short time. Is it possible or is he a liar?

Quinn_flower
  • Quinn_flower

S.T.A.R.S Unit/The Dear R* Girl

• Victim of The Pit™
  • Japan

Posted 23 January 2018 - 05:02 PM

thats a liar 

• Gaffa and BlanketGrinder like this

flexcreator
  • flexcreator

Foot Soldier

• Members
  • Russia

Posted 23 January 2018 - 06:04 PM

Help. A friend got 300 mill in a short time. Is it possible or is he a liar?

What is "short time" ? 

I believe, it's possible if he has a menu himself.

• Gaffa, DentureDynamite and BlanketGrinder like this

DentureDynamite
  • DentureDynamite

GTAO PC

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 January 2018 - 06:59 PM Edited by DentureDynamite, 23 January 2018 - 07:06 PM.

^^ Yes; if the 50k direct-infusions are working again, it would only take a little over half an hour to get that much (~33.3 minutes, if my math is correct).

Not that long when you think about it.

That's based on the ~$150k/second infusions that were happening back in April of last year.

• Gaffa and eshenk like this

Gaffa
  • Gaffa

⭐ S W A G G E R ⭐

• Members
  • United-Kingdom
  • Helpfulness [GTAO]

Posted 23 January 2018 - 11:07 PM

Yeah so short time probably means he did it himself. 

Oopsies. He might be fine though. 

Jimbatron
  • Jimbatron

Big Homie

• Members
  • United-Kingdom
  • Most Helpful GTA Topic 2017 [The Lone Wolf's Guide to Making Money and Research]

Posted 24 January 2018 - 02:52 PM Edited by Jimbatron, 24 January 2018 - 02:53 PM.

I think I might have been the intended target of a money drop cash injection yesterday when I was respawning after a heist set-up.

I got multiple "transaction failed" message as I was on a black screen - never seen loads in a row repeatedly. Then I saw some text from players even though I was still in the clouds mentioning modded money. So I pulled my internet connection and restarted before I landed back in freemode.

Thankfully nothing saved. Or at least, my bank balance was still 17.1m which I remember where it roughly was - so if I did get anything added to my account it was less than six figures.

Thinking of filing a support ticket just to have a written record that I think I was the victim of an unwanted cash injection attempt, however unsuccessful. I'd rather be labelled as paranoid than caught under-prepared.

DentureDynamite
  • DentureDynamite

GTAO PC

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 January 2018 - 06:17 PM Edited by DentureDynamite, 24 January 2018 - 06:51 PM.

^^ Yeah, sounds like someone attempted forcing a money drop on you--I assume this was the screen you got?

transactionfailed.png

The catch here is that, to my knowledge, money injections (unlike money drops) in the past completely bypassed this warning screen.

On my end, I've been seeing the slightly suspicious "Transaction Pending" notification (see below--in the bottom right of the screen) more often recently in some sessions, without my doing anything to initiate any transaction(s). I always immediately check my bank balance, but haven't seen any evidence of activity, so I'm not sure what's going on.

transaction_pending_notification.png

I doubt it's a remnant of the usual $2,000 "good player reward" that I might have just missed; there was a bug sometime ago that caused notification messages to get stuck on the screen, but I'm not convinced this is the same thing.

I'm certainly keeping my eyes open... plenty of cheaters roaming public sessions at the moment; many of them trying to hide the fact that they're using god mode.

• Jimbatron and BlanketGrinder like this

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users