PSA - PC Players - Risk of fraud, rank & outfit manipulation

3,055 replies to this topic
Gaffa™
  • Gaffa™

The controversial one

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 4 weeks ago

Mods. The pistol, AK, glove with watch, vest over shirt and hoodies, some of the vest themselves, are all impossible to either obtain or combine Online.

Saying that, they mostly look like texture variations/ model swaps which you can go online with (depending on how OpenIV is injected), but it'd mean that other players won't see your changes unless they have whatever RPFs you've modified yourself in their game. 

In FiveM, there's stuff you can do specific to the servers - so if all the above was part of a pack, then anyone who connected to that FiveM server would likely already have the available assets and thus, everyone can see what's being used (and what's been changed). 

Anyway this thread can mostly be buried now - I don't think there's going to be the same sort of 'levels of mischief' affecting other people's games like we had in the past anymore. 

• mrgstrings likes this

SHOKKERZ91
  • SHOKKERZ91

Fly low for the killing blow!

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 4 weeks ago

Mods. The pistol, AK, glove with watch, vest over shirt and hoodies, some of the vest themselves, are all impossible to either obtain or combine Online.

Saying that, they mostly look like texture variations/ model swaps which you can go online with (depending on how OpenIV is injected), but it'd mean that other players won't see your changes unless they have whatever RPFs you've modified yourself in their game. 

In FiveM, there's stuff you can do specific to the servers - so if all the above was part of a pack, then anyone who connected to that FiveM server would likely already have the available assets and thus, everyone can see what's being used (and what's been changed). 

Anyway this thread can mostly be buried now - I don't think there's going to be the same sort of 'levels of mischief' affecting other people's games like we had in the past anymore. 

Dunno, if something really broken comes around, i would check this thread first if someone posted it or post it myself. I would let it stay, just in case.

• Gaffa™ likes this

fabiobad
  • fabiobad

Player Hater

• Members
  • Italy

Posted A week ago

Hello! I have GTAV on PC and I'm at 70% of story mode and, when I'll finish the game I want to give a shot to the multiplayer... is it still full of cheaters/hackers?

I read that they can give you money and ranks and basically ruin the experience... is this actually true?

Thank you very much.

Biter
  • Biter

MC President

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted A week ago

Hello! I have GTAV on PC and I'm at 70% of story mode and, when I'll finish the game I want to give a shot to the multiplayer... is it still full of cheaters/hackers?

I read that they can give you money and ranks and basically ruin the experience... is this actually true?

Thank you very much.

A better question for PC.. Is anyone not cheating?

Black-Dragon96
  • Black-Dragon96

Bounty Hunter

• Members
  • Germany

Posted A week ago Edited by Black-Dragon96, A week ago.

^ Im not, my buddy is not, my crew is not, there are plenty of people who are not cheating.

@fabio
Well there some cheaters, however there are a lot less than before since most of the cheating tryhards have moved to other games.
  • Gaffa™, hei3enberg and SHOKKERZ91 like this

mute!
  • mute!

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A week ago

Still bad? I haven't fired up GTA online in a month.

flexcreator
  • flexcreator

Homeboy

• Members
  • Russia

Posted A week ago

I'm seing more cheaters without a godmode recently. Really weird.

Trapping in cages and explosions - these stuff still happening.

Usually, public session are playable these days.

• mute! and SHOKKERZ91 like this

SaveTheZombies
  • SaveTheZombies

We Only Want Your Brains

• Members
  • United-States

Posted A week ago

I don't see a hell of a lot of cheating on PC anymore. IME they're usually giving away money or spawning unreleased vehicles. There are still lobbies with random explosions and vehicles that wont move but It's far less frequent than it used to be.

• mute!, PajeroJonas and SHOKKERZ91 like this

wurm45
  • wurm45

the lazy worm

• Members
  • Germany

Posted A week ago

It's different from day to day, but today every second session had a cheater in it. They weren't doing much harm, just were really annoying by doing the usual stuff like removing your weapons, using godmode and making you commit suicide.

• mute! likes this

Perez84
  • Perez84

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted A week ago

Probably most of them got tired for a while, as always. Wait until the next dlc drops and they come back to check the new stuff.....

mrgstrings
  • mrgstrings

Knife beats Chainsaw

• Members
  • Germany

Posted A week ago

Holy sh.t...

ccoX5Epix0ONUw1wfLewVQ_0_0.jpg

xb_25bkdzUC8o_b-JTWL5Q_0_0.jpg

QCQuG5FJk0eu7QtwRheEHA_0_0.jpg

• R4gN0r0K, kovaandr and Subaru like this

fatdog
  • fatdog

Rat

• Members
  • Zimbabwe

Posted A week ago Edited by fatdog, A week ago.

I've been in lobby with at least 3 cheaters today, they even happened to run into each other and one started bitching about another one.

• SHOKKERZ91 likes this

SHOKKERZ91
  • SHOKKERZ91

• Members
  • Germany

Posted A week ago

I've been in lobby with at least 3 cheaters today, they even happened to run into each other and one started bitching about another one.

Not gonna lie, but that sounds like fun as hell to watch. :D

• SaveTheZombies and Subaru like this

R4gN0r0K
  • R4gN0r0K

☆ ♛ ☆

• Members
  • Unknown
  • Best WIP Mod 2014 [Grand Theft Auto 3D]

Posted A week ago Edited by R4gN0r0K, A week ago.

Holy sh.t...

*snip*

Who needs Bigfoot and Murder Mysteries when you have GTA:Online cheaters

• mrgstrings likes this

mrgstrings
  • mrgstrings

Knife beats Chainsaw

• Members
  • Germany

Posted A week ago

^ Seeing Bigfoot, aliens and all that is all Ron's fault running a still in Trevor's backyard, just like in the Appalachian Mountains where all those Moonshiners work in the forests. No wonder they hunt all kind of mysterious creatures there. :lol:

nkQzRJt53Emwt4DEHIIyzg_0_0.jpg

junior731657
  • junior731657

Liberty City Secrets Team Leader

• Members
  • England

Posted A week ago Edited by junior731657, A week ago.

Again? Wonder where R*s improved anti-cheat system went lol.

Those who complain about solo sessions can f*ck off. Things like these are the reason I stay away from public sessions and lag into solo sessions.

Which just strengthens the case for people using solo public lobbies, which don't stay solo for long because you invite friends & your friends invite friends lol.. A lot of the time attempting to sell in a packed lobby will result in your convoy of 4 marshals being suspended from the sky or teleported into the drink... almost never as a result of people playing the game "as intended" although they will claim they are playing properly.. followed by perverse remarks about ones mother, I do sell in populated lobbies but as soon as I get the slightest suspicion that there is a script kiddie in the lobby I have to leave.. & any tryhards out there who think they can (legitimately) take on a cheater (I won't call them modders or hackers because they are neither) think on... all the explosive sniper rounds & RPGs in the world won't stop them... "quick scope" them all you like... all you will do is put your precious K/D ratio down the drain :p

In all seriousness though.. I have resigned myself to the fact that cheaters will cheat... just like tryhards will.. well.. try lol.... I personally don't care if there are cheaters in the game... so long as it's not in a session that I'm in... atleast there is an escape route without having to lose all the hard work if such an occasion do arise... so I can still enjoy playing the game I love :)

~John~

PajeroJonas
  • PajeroJonas

PC Player CET timezone #paletostrong

• Paleto Bay Mayor's Office
  • Sweden

Posted A week ago Edited by PajeroJonas, A week ago.

Thank you very much.

A better question for PC.. Is anyone not cheating?

Most players don't cheat. There's a modder/cheater/hacker/retard in many sessions, but definetly not all, and it's not a really big problem, if u see one, just change session.

• hei3enberg likes this

hei3enberg
  • hei3enberg

not really certain about some stuff

• Members
  • None

Posted A week ago

^ Let's say it's sometimes hard to find a cheater. The more you play, the "better" are your chances, obviously, but it's not that bad. Money manipulations are over and finding new session fixes 90% of the problems. 

However, I don't play public sessions these days at all, I prefer invite or cartel lobbies to source/ sell merchandise in a friendly environment. If you're not after PvP, you should try joining friendly crews and forget about cheaters. 

• junior731657 likes this

MeloNik
  • MeloNik

Luv Savug <3

• Members
  • Poland

Posted A week ago

Holy sh.t...

ccoX5Epix0ONUw1wfLewVQ_0_0.jpg

xb_25bkdzUC8o_b-JTWL5Q_0_0.jpg

QCQuG5FJk0eu7QtwRheEHA_0_0.jpg

That looks dope imo. A creative example of using cheats without ruining everyones game. Of course not abused.

• kovaandr and SHOKKERZ91 like this

SHOKKERZ91
  • SHOKKERZ91

• Members
  • Germany

Posted A week ago

Today was cheatersday on Pc. In every lobby multiple cheaters. Rockstar y u no anti-cheat?

emmapuppenter
  • emmapuppenter

Player Hater

• Members
  • Benin

Posted A week ago

yup, countless triggerbotters, people with gm'd vehicles, esp

getting their skiddy friends to join as well

them getting mad when you don't let them kill you is delicious though

• SHOKKERZ91 likes this

flexcreator
  • flexcreator

Homeboy

• Members
  • Russia

Posted A week ago

Today was cheatersday on Pc.

That's weird. Today is not even a weekend :/

• Sanches likes this

Aussie_Hunter
  • Aussie_Hunter

All hail our Lord and Savior the Hunter!

• Members
  • Australia

Posted A week ago

Maybe we were in the same lobby...I had the exact same experience yesterday haha. 

• SHOKKERZ91 likes this

fatdog
  • fatdog

Rat

• Members
  • Zimbabwe

Posted A week ago

Left or right?

Zbg7C9P.jpg

mrgstrings
  • mrgstrings

Knife beats Chainsaw

• Members
  • Germany

Posted A day ago

I thought those ufos would be sort of solid objects just like those huge cargo planes, I did not expect that they can attach aircrafts to them and even fly around that way. :blink:

2rxWQAq9J0qL9yvE9y5fwg_0_0.jpg

flexcreator
  • flexcreator

Homeboy

• Members
  • Russia

Posted A day ago

I thought those ufos would be sort of solid objects just like those huge cargo planes, I did not expect that they can attach aircrafts to them and even fly around that way. :blink:

Not new.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users