Quantcast

» «
Photo

Would You Like Some Action? (Actions update, plz!)

113 replies to this topic

Poll: Would You Like Some Action? (156 member(s) have cast votes)

How important or relevant to gameplay are actions for you?

1. VERY - I use actions all the time! (40 votes [25.64%])

Percentage of vote: 25.64%

2. MODERATELY - I like them and use them sometimes, but not a lot. (99 votes [63.46%])

Percentage of vote: 63.46%

3. NOT AT ALL - I never use them. They're stupid. (12 votes [7.69%])

Percentage of vote: 7.69%

4. OTHER… please explain. (5 votes [3.21%])

Percentage of vote: 3.21%

If new Actions were available for purchase ONLY, would you consider paying for them?

1. Yes, because it would limit the number of players who would use them. (12 votes [7.69%])

Percentage of vote: 7.69%

2. Maybe, if the prices were reasonable and actions were fun. (57 votes [36.54%])

Percentage of vote: 36.54%

3. Doubtful because they'd likely be overpriced and not something I'd use enough. (48 votes [30.77%])

Percentage of vote: 30.77%

4. No, I don't really use actions, so it wouldn't be of interest to me. (25 votes [16.03%])

Percentage of vote: 16.03%

5. Other… please explain. (14 votes [8.97%])

Percentage of vote: 8.97%

Would you like to see new Actions that included props? (ie. Cupid shooting an arrow, a Poisonous Kiss, Classic Glove Slap, etc)

1. Yes, the idea of an action with props would be awesome! (77 votes [49.36%])

Percentage of vote: 49.36%

2. Maybe, if the prop action didn't take long, like removing a parachute! (55 votes [35.26%])

Percentage of vote: 35.26%

3. No, how many times do I have to click "I don't use actions?" Good grief! (16 votes [10.26%])

Percentage of vote: 10.26%

4. Other… please explain. (8 votes [5.13%])

Percentage of vote: 5.13%

Vote Guests cannot vote
fw3
  • fw3

I SMELL FISH!

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Topic Creator 2016
    Contribution Award [GTAO]

Posted 09 April 2017 - 02:19 PM

Your character has been doing the Thrust since 2015. Jazz hands were funny when they first came out, but now... eh.
My own character has been giving people the Peace sign forever, but sometimes with give the Thumbs up, but that's cuz I'm boring.

These days, whenever I see someone throwing the Jerk at me, I just roll my eyes. It's like listening to an old LMFAO song.

So, if you had the person at Rockstar responsible for new actions, locked in a room with you, a turtle, and a white board with DryErase™ markers, what new actions do you think you'd like to see brought to GTAO?

• Would you ever consider paying for new actions, much like we pay for car horns?
• If so, how much would you say is a fair price for new actions?
• What if there were new actions that included "props," like a classic glove slap, spanking, shooting an arrow, a gaseous burp, or snot flick?
• How important are the actions to your gameplay? Obviously they are fairly trivial, but a fun way to express a thought, reaction, or emotion to others.

I've put up a poll with the same questions, so feel free to elaborate, below.

Cheers!

FOR ME:

Spanking Action - I'd love to see a new action in which we could have our characters perform a "spank," either in the air or on another player.
Gangham Style Action - I'd also enjoy seeing that ridiculous cowboy riding-the-horse dance from Psy's classic video/song, "Gangham Style," as a throwback.
Mask-Related Actions - Imagine someone in a Pogo mask doing a monkey dance. A Cupid mask and they shoot an arrow. Zombie mask they move like a zombie. Etc.

giphy.gif

• FlacidJack, Solid Scorpion, eyman and 11 others like this

Mrnrfan182
  • Mrnrfan182

Hustler

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 09 April 2017 - 02:24 PM

Of all the things for this team to dedicate time to, this is not one of them.
  • nm69, Randoom., truffleshuffle03 and 2 others like this

.Vooodu.
  • .Vooodu.

MasterDebater

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 09 April 2017 - 02:30 PM

It doesn't need a TEAM to be dedicated for animations...

It takes one person with modding experience  ..give them a few days..  Thats pretty much it.

• Ya Boy Punk Fan, LL Cool L and HeistsActivist like this

Furry_Monkey
  • Furry_Monkey

I completed Vice City and all I got was this lousy t-shirt

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 09 April 2017 - 02:34 PM

Having a discussion about this is not going to stop the developers at Rockstar doing what they are currently doing.  Either join in the discussion or don't.

I still want the Running Man.  It made Playstation Home what it is today.  Wait... it's what?

:(

• saintsrow, Solid Scorpion, hei3enberg and 10 others like this

Black-Dragon96
  • Black-Dragon96

Bounty Hunter

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 09 April 2017 - 02:43 PM

I would like some car related actions.
Sitting on the hood, leaning on the car, basicly all the cool stuff that Rockstar uses in their promotion screenshots, that we cant use.
  • Carrythxd, Solid Scorpion, BumpyJohnson and 13 others like this

jeremy813
  • jeremy813

British Firm for Life

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 09 April 2017 - 02:51 PM

On your second question it asks if we would pay for new actions. If we had to use real money then I wouldn't buy them, however if we could use GTA currency then I would buy them all!

Nice thread by the way. It seems like you always come up with new and creative things to talk about.
  • Solid Scorpion and fw3 like this

REXX
  • REXX

REXX | ALEXA - Content Creator & GTA Photographer

• Members
  • Spain

Posted 09 April 2017 - 02:54 PM

I'd actually like an action where we can interact with the environment. In particular, sit on benches.
  • Lc gta, badmoon, Carrythxd and 16 others like this

Fugitive69
  • Fugitive69

ME WANT TUNER UPDATE

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 April 2017 - 02:57 PM

I would like some car related actions.
Sitting on the hood, leaning on the car, basicly all the cool stuff that Rockstar uses in their promotion screenshots, that we cant use.

This 100000000000x

fw3
  • fw3

I SMELL FISH!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 09 April 2017 - 03:12 PM

Okay, that may be so, but let's suppose they did, Mrnrfan182 - how would you approach the thread with a more topical reply?

I'm guessing you could come up with some interesting actions for us. :)

On your second question it asks if we would pay for new actions. If we had to use real money then I wouldn't buy them, however if we could use GTA currency then I would buy them all!

Nice thread by the way. It seems like you always come up with new and creative things to talk about.

Thank you, jeremy813! Nice of you to say that! :)

As for the purchase, yeah, I was thinking of using $GTA only, the way we buy Masks, Ammo, or car horns. 

For me, I would be willing to shell out the price of a stolen Baller ($9000) for a pack of new actions, say 5 or 10. 
Or maybe purchase them individually for $500 - $2000 each? I'd go for that, if they were fun.

• jeremy813 and Goingcrowd9 like this

--V--
  • --V--

YEAH!

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 April 2017 - 03:13 PM Edited by --V--, 09 April 2017 - 03:15 PM.

Yeah, I use 'em more than I'm supposed to.

If new Actions were available for purchase ONLY, would you consider paying for them?
Real $$ purchase or GTA$$ purchase? Cause I wouldn't pay real money for it, but GTA$$? Depending if they're cheap, but that's highly unlikely.

Would you like to see new Actions that included props?
The cigarette and cola and beer already include props. But it would be cool to add some of the "Scenarios" from Menyoo's mod menu. You know what I mean ;)
  • fw3, alkaline_ and Goingcrowd9 like this

fw3
  • fw3

I SMELL FISH!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 09 April 2017 - 03:16 PM

I'd actually like an action where we can interact with the environment. In particular, sit on benches.

REXX, this is something I was really disappointed with on day one of GTAO.
I mean, really - we can sit in chairs in our apartments and yachts, why not at the outdoor cafes or park benches?

Seems like a no brainer to me.

Also, to add to this, I'd love the ability to lie down and be able to shoot a sniper rifle.
While it's not an Action, it's still something we "should" be able to do. 

Yeah, I use 'em more than I'm supposed to.

Real $$ purchase or GTA$$ purchase? Cause I wouldn't pay real money for it, but GTA$$? Depending if they're cheap, but that's highly unlikely.

Would you like to see new Actions that included props?
The cigarette and cola and beer already include props. But it would be cool to add some of the "Scenarios" from Menyoo's mod menu. You know what I mean ;)

I forgot about the beer/cigarette Actions – you're totally right! 

And LOL @ "more than I'm supposed to!" :D

• Solid Scorpion, REXX, Nugsy and 2 others like this

Furry_Monkey
  • Furry_Monkey

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 09 April 2017 - 03:21 PM

I'd love to be able to sit down on benches.  It would make it even better if your blip disappeared when you did, like blending into the crowd on Assassin's Creed.

• badmoon, PabtheFab, Solid Scorpion and 6 others like this

fw3
  • fw3

I SMELL FISH!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 09 April 2017 - 03:22 PM Edited by fw3, 09 April 2017 - 03:26 PM.

I'd love to be able to sit down on benches.  It would make it even better if your blip disappeared when you did, like blending into the crowd on Assassin's Creed.

Brilliant!!!!

One thing that stands out to me, is if I remember correctly, early on in the life of GTAO, there were hedges/bushes that would stop a Rhino tank, dead in its tracks.

Then, after a certain point, they released the block on those bushes and we could drive through them.

Same with the Walk/Run in garages & apartments, where we could only walk. Then, they added the Run feature, which is still technically an Action.

Point is, Rockstar can do this stuff without needing a lot of resources or time devoted. It would require additional animations and maybe some prop creation, but much of it is likely already in there.

Sitting on a park bench? Pffft... it's already done! Just make it functional, right? I don't get it. :p

• Solid Scorpion, Furry_Monkey, VoodooVibez and 2 others like this

alkaline_
  • alkaline_

the fluffy penguin

• Members
  • Antarctica

Posted 09 April 2017 - 03:23 PM

i'd also buy some pearly noises like laughter, sneezing, farting hihihi!!

• V4S, Solid Scorpion, BumpyJohnson and 7 others like this

*Lola
  • *Lola

♥ღ♥ღ♥ღ♥ღ♥

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 09 April 2017 - 03:24 PM

I turned off actions years ago.

A friend and I would grind Survival back in 2013 - 2014 to make our first GTAO million $$. I would accidentally perform an action during Survival and when doing so it would put my gun away and cause me to die from the enemy. Since then I turned actions off and no longer use them.

• fw3 likes this

ragedandcaged
  • ragedandcaged

UNPHASED

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 09 April 2017 - 03:25 PM

I wish we could do the throat slash move.

On my phone and can't do a gif.
  • Solid Scorpion and fw3 like this

fw3
  • fw3

I SMELL FISH!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 09 April 2017 - 03:34 PM Edited by fw3, 09 April 2017 - 03:34 PM.

I wish we could do the throat slash move.

I don't see why this isn't doable, too. I love when I use the hatchet and once in a while, the hatchet gets stuck and my character has to yank to remove it. Nasty, but an impressive animation!

Oh my goodness! I'd running around in Passive all day long, farting at other players! LOL, alkaline_!!!!

Even better if there were about seven or eight different types of fart, with unique animations for each! :)

• Solid Scorpion, alkaline_, Mrs. Buzz and 1 other like this

Sagrawa
  • Sagrawa

Upperdecker

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 09 April 2017 - 03:36 PM Edited by Sagrawa, 09 April 2017 - 03:38 PM.

I never ever use them, but that's only because there are so few and non-personal. Even if they would bring dozens more, they would become boring after a while.

I'd like to see some custom options for this, just a few of them would create millions of different actions and get you your personal one-of-a-kind action.

Stuff like this was already implemented perfectly in 15-20 year-old games, so I see no reason why this couldn't be added properly now.

Edit: Especially for victory celebrations after races etc., it would be very easy to implement an editor.

• fw3 and Goingcrowd9 like this

alkaline_
  • alkaline_

the fluffy penguin

• Members
  • Antarctica

Posted 09 April 2017 - 03:43 PM

Oh my goodness! I'd running around in Passive all day long, farting at other players! LOL, alkaline_!!!!

Even better if there were about seven or eight different types of fart, with unique animations for each! :)

hihihi great sparkly idea, we be called the passive farters hihihi!

here is some crunchy inspiration:

Spoiler

• V4S, fw3, ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯ and 1 other like this

Faggio S
  • Faggio S

Street Cat

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 April 2017 - 03:44 PM

Modders already do such things on PC. I've seen even some cool dance moves lol. I never realized our character models could move amazingly well until I saw that. I wish such moves were available for us not-ready-to-use-trainers-online folk. If modders can do that, then R* devs surely can. They most probably won't though.

x_TestsubjecT_x
  • x_TestsubjecT_x

Always working on the next Million!

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 09 April 2017 - 03:47 PM

Ya I'd be into more actions.  I use them a lot to communicate my intentions to others that I might not be able to talk to or message in a timely manner. I think they are very useful in the game. 

• badmoon, BumpyJohnson, fw3 and 2 others like this

Alvarez
  • Alvarez

Boss

• Members
  • None
  • Next DLC Thread Page 3000 Winner

Posted 09 April 2017 - 03:52 PM

Dancing moves are always welcome.

• Solid Scorpion, fw3, Sagrawa and 5 others like this

Solid Scorpion
  • Solid Scorpion

Such a lust for GTA, Whoo?!

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 09 April 2017 - 04:39 PM

I'm a big fan of well done animations. Compared to allot of other games R*'s anims are pretty damn fluid.

100% yes on Gandam Style (is it trademarkd or something though? Can you copyright a dance move?).

I agree it would be awesome to get some player interaction moves too. Not talking anything pervy but basic stuff like high fives and handshakes etc.

That's a brilliant idea. Though it wouldn't be hard to spot the guy in the monkey mask from an npc :p

• Furry_Monkey and alkaline_ like this

--V--
  • --V--

YEAH!

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 April 2017 - 04:42 PM

Whatever you do, don't bring the Dab. It's dead. Died last year.

Also there's an action titled "Dance" when you're in a car but whenever I try it it says "This action is not compatible with your current headgear", even though I'm only wearing earrings.
  • Alvarez and TheHolyNZF like this

Matrelith
  • Matrelith

Inveniam viam aut faciam

• Facade Corporation
  • Netherlands

Posted 09 April 2017 - 04:46 PM

m7fXkEU.gif

Give me some of the Uncharted 4 taunts and I can die a happy man. 

• Solid Scorpion, BumpyJohnson, Alvarez and 5 others like this

Mrnrfan182
  • Mrnrfan182

Hustler

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 09 April 2017 - 04:54 PM

Having a discussion about this is not going to stop the developers at Rockstar doing what they are currently doing.  Either join in the discussion or don't.

I did enter the discussion, participated in the poll and posted an opinion theafter. You may not agree with it but its an opinion no less. I think the actions are pointless and I'd rather see 0 man hours put towards creating more...

...if you all don't want those opinions than make the thread asking what kind of actions you want, or go to the wish list thread.

Furry_Monkey
  • Furry_Monkey

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 09 April 2017 - 05:08 PM

I did enter the discussion, participated in the poll and posted an opinion theafter. You may not agree with it but its an opinion no less. I think the actions are pointless and I'd rather see 0 man hours put towards creating more...

...if you all don't want those opinions than make the thread asking what kind of actions you want, or go to the wish list thread.

To be fair your comment sounded like you were sniping at the thread.  Apologies if I misunderstood.

Mach1bud
  • Mach1bud

Gearhead

• GTA Series Staff
  • United-States
  • Best GTA Photographer 2016
    Coolest Member 2016
    Best Character [Snap] 2016
    Mister Los Santos 2016 Winner
    [Snapmatic Awards 2015] Best Male Character

Posted 09 April 2017 - 05:10 PM

• Would you ever consider paying for new actions, much like we pay for car horns? Yes. I would pay double what horns cost.
• If so, how much would you say is a fair price for new actions? $50k
• What if there were new actions that included "props," like a classic glove slap, spanking, shooting an arrow, a gaseous burp, or snot flick? I don't want any of those, but more with props would be awesome.
• How important are the actions to your gameplay? Extremely important. As a photographer and movie maker, I use actions everyday, all the time.  

If they added an update with only actions, I would be ecstatic. Basic things, crossing the arms, smoking a cigar (keeping a cigarette or cigar in the mouth would be nice too), interactions against vehicles and walls like leaning, more sitting animations, etc etc.  
  • BumpyJohnson, fw3, Mrs. Buzz and 1 other like this

FlacidJack
  • FlacidJack

Gangsta

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 09 April 2017 - 05:10 PM

Since you asked,
I want more thrusting anims to perform near friends and strangers!
rs_640x360-161207174739-11_tracy_dancing

I want the lasso
Spoiler

and this relic...
Spoiler
  • Solid Scorpion, fw3 and Goingcrowd9 like this

Snu
  • Snu

Rat

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 April 2017 - 05:10 PM Edited by Snu, 09 April 2017 - 05:15 PM.

Whatever you do, don't bring the Dab. It's dead. Died last year.

Also there's an action titled "Dance" when you're in a car but whenever I try it it says "This action is not compatible with your current headgear", even though I'm only wearing earrings.

isn't that the animation you get whenever radio is on? dunno why it would be grayed out tho

and yeah f*ck the dab

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users