Hardest mission in the entire game?

18 replies to this topic
Sumitaser
  • Sumitaser

Nobody is perfect, I'm Mr. Nobody

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 09 April 2017 - 07:18 AM

VCS was pretty hard as well. It had its own share of hard missions. Which mission did you feel was the hardest in the entire game. For me it was High Wire and Unfriendly Competition.

B Dawg
  • B Dawg

Death May Die

• Members
  • Bosnia-and-Herzegovina

Posted 09 April 2017 - 10:33 AM

The one where you get ambushed by snipers and you have to snipe them all within a time limit.

• ClaudeSpeed1911, Payne Killer and JacquesRenault like this

Femme Fatale
  • Femme Fatale

prettier n nastier

• Members
  • Mexico

Posted 09 April 2017 - 03:51 PM

For me it was Boomshine Blowout, now I can easily pass it.
  • gluserty likes this

Wolff
  • Wolff

Player Hater

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 09 April 2017 - 03:52 PM

Probably 'Turn on, Tune in, Bug out', mission where you destroy Police station towers. After the one in Downtown the police chase become quite hard and the gunners standing at the roadblocks can roast your car within seconds.

• Roger Cheeto, thehambone, Payne Killer and 2 others like this

M0rk
  • M0rk

never look down on someone unless u gettin head

• Members
  • Zimbabwe
  • April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 09 April 2017 - 06:08 PM Edited by M0rk, 09 April 2017 - 06:08 PM.

that one mission where you have to shoot all the niggas with a sniper rifle before ricardos goons die, i still couldnt finish it. the aiming sensitivity is too low on psp  

• universetwisters and Steezy. like this

SMACKED!
  • SMACKED!

Every single day, every time I pray, I'll be missing you.

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 April 2017 - 06:21 PM

jesus christo u ragedy ass niccas

the mission's name is the exchange and yea it results hard asf in psp

Platybus
  • Platybus

Crackhead

• Members
  • Argentina

Posted 09 April 2017 - 10:24 PM

For me it was High Wire and Unfriendly Competition.

I was thinking exactly in these missions. By today these two are the only ones I would lose in a new run.

gluserty
  • gluserty

GTA enthusiast

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 April 2017 - 03:41 AM

The missions named here are all strong contenders, and all missions I've failed multiple times in the past, but I'll bring up 'Jive Drive', due to the first part being a rail shooter type of deal, then suddenly in the second part fighting to protect both Lance & Victor while being surrounded by Cholos. I feel it's one of those missions that is a drag to fail since the rail shooter portion lasts quite awhile and there's no checkpoint, so for me the burning desire not to fail sometimes causes me to shoot poorly.

Actually, in thinking about the question, there aren't a lot of easy missions in this game, they just become easier if you come up with a strategy for them (like in the 'Turn on, Tune in, Bug out', to blow up the final antennas I land the helicopter on the building in front of the police station, then fly to my nearest empire site, land on that building, jump down, and drive a short distance to that Pay 'n Spray. That's making it easier, but I still wouldn't call the mission easy).

BrentMcGonagle
  • BrentMcGonagle

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 22 April 2017 - 12:04 PM

High Wire for me too!

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

THAT'S NOT THE PROBLEM, WILLY!

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Conversion 2016 [GTA: Underground] [Contribution]
    Best Workshop 2014
    Most Improved 2014
    Funniest Member 2014
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 22 April 2017 - 08:00 PM

The one for Diaz where you have to meet with DEA guys and snipe some dudes and escape with trucks. The hardest part was escaping with the trucks and making sure they don't blow up while you're being attacked by merciless drive-bys.

Also I remember "Hose the Hoes" being really hard for me when I was younger.

Zello
  • Zello

Hired gun

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 April 2017 - 06:43 AM

This sh*t

wtf were they thinking?

• The Mysterious One likes this

The Mysterious One
  • The Mysterious One

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 14 June 2017 - 04:38 AM

This sh*t

wtf were they thinking?

I remember getting killed a few times with that one. The funny thing about this mission is that I remember buying "Total Overdose" months after playing this mission and having a flashback because I remember in that game, there was also a part when you shoot bikini-clad gun-toting women.

Skayz
  • Skayz

Player Hater

• Members
  • European-Union

Posted 14 June 2017 - 11:48 AM Edited by Skayz, 14 June 2017 - 11:48 AM.

• Unfriendly Competition
  • High Wire
  • Turn on, Tune in, Bug out

Gummy 
  • Gummy 

F*ck thyself

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 14 June 2017 - 06:10 PM

Turn on, Tune In, Bug Out can be completed much easier if you fly the helo into bribe pickups (if you know where they are) but it's still a hard mission.

The Exchange - The combination of the time limit, not knowing where the snipers are (some are hiding behind foliage) and the controller aim makes for a very difficult mission. The truck part also is very stressful.

Hose the hoes - Not knowing if the water hose works on the fire, not knowing where to aim the shower and the time limit makes for multiple retries. Not to mention the time wasted on stealing the fire truck.

MorsPrincipiumEst
  • MorsPrincipiumEst

GTA Series Special Vehicle Collector

• Feroci
  • United-States
  • The collector [Amazing work on the Special Vehicle Guide!]

Posted 14 June 2017 - 06:30 PM Edited by MorsPrincipiumEst, 14 June 2017 - 06:46 PM.

...Go inside an Interior for Hose the Hoes...Puts out the fires immediately.  Can also pass Firefighter Level 15 in under 10 minutes doing that, too.

I am on my 9th time through VCS and in my previous Save I finished a week ago, I failed The Exchange for the first time in my life due to as soon as I came out of the alley with the PP/EC Navy Blue Flatbed given to you for the Mission to drive back to Diaz', I was sandwitched between TWO Sentinel XS's with their OP accuracy and drive-by skills.  Drive-By's are just too powerful in this game and the Tires are not PP, they usually go flat immediately...Sort of like "Got Protection?"  By the time you make it back with the 3 Girls to the Pink Marker, you have no tires.  Maybe 1 tire, if you were lucky...

I can name a bunch of Missions that piss me off in this game, which I feel is designed to f*ck the player over.  A simple Mission like Truck Stop, when moron AI of Phil runs into a Wooden Pole near Sunshine Autos and gets stuck.  Instant Reload, cuz you will fail the Mission.  Out of your control, but will fail.  Even happens with idiot Lance during From Zero to Hero.  Runs into a Pole, doesn't understand the logic of reversing and then going AROUND the Pole.  So the Sentinel XS and Bobcat destroy the Barracks OL.

White Lies...Again, a Mission with that stupid idiot Lance in it.  When you drive the Bovver '64 in this one location going from land to sea, you can easily flip it over.  Mission Failed!  Why on earth it flips over is beyond me but it has happened plenty of times to not think it's a coincidence anymore.

Snitch Hitch (Bad Luck here, not exactly hard)...But I got out of a Cheetah to enter the Airport with Lance the Liability, and an aggressive Driver ran him over...Mission Failed!  Lance Died!  Yeah, well, don't make Lance come along with me then.

High Wire is another joke of a Mission designed to f*ck you over.  When you need to pick up Gonzalez, there is Telephone Poles and Palm Trees in your way and he's swerving all over the place.  You need the Magnet DIRECTLY on him for it to actually pick him up.

Light My Pyre.  Simple Mission...Until, once again, Lance the Liability decides to swerve in front of your bullet spray of the SMG on those Black Sentinel XS's.  So you basically take out half of his Health cuz the moron doesn't understand to stay out of harm's way.

I also failed Blitzkrieg and Blitzkrieg Strikes Back one too many times cuz idiot Lance once again stands in the way and my M249 shoots and kills him instantly.  He runs in the line of gunfire all the time...

Would of said Turn On, Tune In, Bug Out and Unfriendly Competition if this was me in 2015, but not anymore.  I finally figured out the "trick" to these Missions where if I fail it, something was wrong with me.  The main thing is just using the Police Maverick and then picking up Police Bribes during the end of the Mission to lose the Wanted Level.  I know all Police Bribes, all GTA's cuz I never use a Pay and Spray.  I keep that Stat to a minimum...

Did I mention how pathetically slow Boats and Helicopters are in this game?  If you are on a Mission that requires a Helicopter and it's raining, prepare to get swept sideways by the "wind" or something during the Storm.  You get f*cked over with Waves in the water, too, when it rains.  Like Watersports Time Trials, easy to fail them if it's raining.

How about all the Smuggling Empire Side Missions where you're given a 4 Star Wanted Level while Enforcer after Enforcer ram the sh*t out of the garbage Mule you're forced to use in the Mission?

Purple Haze...Given a trash Pony and expect to swerve side to side back to the Pink Marker while VCPD Cruisers ram the sh*t out of you...

...VCS is by far my least favorite 3D Era GTA for many of these reasons.

It's "hard," but because of the WRONG reasons...

• DanielH likes this

Carbonox
  • Carbonox

Too weird to live but much too rare to die

• Daily Globe
  • Finland

Posted 15 June 2017 - 07:01 AM

Unfriendly Competition. Holy sh*t, does that mission go from a generic shootout in the first location to an absolutely precise fight at the pool where one false move gets you killed, because you're absolutely surrounded by dem bitches. Gotta check that jump tower regularly too, or a girl that spawns on top gets to take easy shots at you.

And then they have the audacity to throw a helicopter with side-mounted gunners at you in the chase while the target chucks grenades too. I don't even recall any final mission in the series being that utterly chaotic.

MorsPrincipiumEst
  • MorsPrincipiumEst

GTA Series Special Vehicle Collector

• Feroci
  • United-States
  • The collector [Amazing work on the Special Vehicle Guide!]

Posted 15 June 2017 - 11:48 AM Edited by MorsPrincipiumEst, 15 June 2017 - 11:49 AM.

For Unfriendly Competition, you can easily just go stand on top of the high dive.  The moment I get control of Vic, I just run to the high dive, stand on there, and use the M249 to blast all the bitches on the ground.  Since you're semi protected by the bars on the side of the high dive, they don't even shoot you much up there and since you're right on it, the bitch which spawns on it usually, WON'T spawn since you're right there and the game won't spawn it then...

The moment you hear the Maverick, you just dismount the Quad, aim and kill the bitches on the side of the Maverick, get back on the Quad, continue driving...

It's why I didn't name it as a difficult Mission and only thought that back in 2015.  There is a "secret" way of doing the Missions to guarantee success.  It's just I didn't figure out SOME of them yet, but most of them I figured it out...

Roger Cheeto
  • Roger Cheeto

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 June 2017 - 01:22 AM Edited by Roger Cheeto, 28 June 2017 - 08:10 AM.

Probably 'Turn on, Tune in, Bug out', mission where you destroy Police station towers. After the one in Downtown the police chase become quite hard and the gunners standing at the roadblocks can roast your car within seconds.

It gets pretty easy if you steal the helicopter on the first police station, if you're lucky you can steal the regina outside louise's apartment and drive quickly to the paynspray down the street to lose your wanted level.

This sh*t
https://www.youtube....h?v=fHCf0d4DHks
wtf were they thinking?

Yeah I died a few times on that one, if you stay close to the health pick up and shoot them all from the opposite side of the pool from the diving board it can be a little easy, more cover there too, I died every time trying to shoot them from the other side, you can also use the wall where the gate is next to the health pick up for cover, but the gate will close if you leave that area until the cut scene triggers. I haven't played the game in a while but I'm re-playing it on PS2 right now and so for for me that one was the hardest. VCS is underrated.

Also, I think the health pick up respawns quickly so remember to pick it up.
  • Payne Killer likes this

DanielH
  • DanielH

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 09 July 2017 - 05:23 PM Edited by DanielH, 09 July 2017 - 05:31 PM.

To me, it can only be 'Turn On, Tune In, Bug Out', by virtue of the simple fact that I have never once managed to pass it.  It's just hideous.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users